Absolute Escapes Ltd., Absolute Escapes Ltd., Forsyth House, 93
George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3ES. Specialists in tailor-made
independent walking holidays, Absolute Escapes offers centre based walking
holidays in the Highlands as well as self-guided packages for 7 of the most
popular and spectacular long distance walking trails in Scotland.
selected to follow the best walking routes, holidays can be tailored to suit
individual capabilities and requirements. Centre based holidays provide a
choice of accommodation - from hand-picked Guest Houses and Inns through to the
very best Highland Hotels - and a daily choice of routes, both long and short.
The long distance routes include the West Highland Way, Great Glen Way, Rob Roy
Way, Speyside Way, Kintyre Way, St Cuthberts Way and the Arran Coastal
Way. Each route combines diverse scenery with local history and specific points
of interest and each presents its own particular challenges. If you would like
to discuss your travel plans with one of our specialists Tel: 0131 240
CNDo Scotland Walking and Hiking Tours, 33 Stirling Enterprise
Park, Stirling, FK7 7RP. Relax, de-stress and discover the diversity of
Scotland's natural heritage and landscape with a CNDo Scotland walking tour or
course. Enjoy excellent food and accommodation, the camaraderie of a small
group of like minded travellers and the support of one of our qualified walking
leaders on one of our range of classic tours. From the challenges of Scotland's
long distance trails or classic mountain routes to one of our Highlands and
Islands discovery tours you'll find something to suit all tastes and abilities.
Join one of our series of scheduled holidays or ask us to put together a
package just for you. For groups of 6 or more we can deliver one of our trails
at a time to suit you or provide a bespoke team-building or charity fundraising
challenge. And if you'd like to guide yourself, we can even arrange that too,
by giving you a choice of walking, other activities and accommodation, all
pre-booked for you to arrive and enjoy. For further details see our website or
Tel/Fax: +44 (0) 1786 445703.
Scot Mountain Holidays, Fraoch Lodge, Deshar Road, Boat of
Garten, PH24 3BN. Green Tourism Gold Award Winner. Recommended by
responsibletravel.com, Scot Mountain Holidays offer mountain courses and
walking holidays into Scotland's great wilderness, from weekends to week long
trips and provide an unrivalled departure guarantee. There are no single
supplements and we can pick you up and drop you off at Aviemore station or
Inverness airport. Our qualified guides have an unrivalled knowledge of the
mountain environment and are experts on the Cairngorms National Park. Our
emphasis is on delivering on scenery, wildlife, meeting locals, having an
engaging experience and making memories that will last you a lifetime. From the
colossal forces that have shaped the Highlands, to fungal forays and the
specialized wildlife and conservation issues of our times, you're able to
experience the stunning Highland landscape to the full. We can also assist with
a logistical package to help you walk the Lairig Ghru, or point you in the
right direction with our self-guided mountain biking trips. You're quickly able
to feel at home and relax into your holiday. Whether you've been out learning
new skills or have just had a fantastic day's walking or cycling, you return to
meals with your hosts in front of a roaring fire. So why not come and enjoy a
complete adventure with us. Follow the Scot Mountain Holidays link below or
contact Rebecca Field. Tel: 01479 831331.
Walking and Climbing Links
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
- Absolute Escapes Ltd. Specialists in tailor-made independent walking holidays. 27/10 Maxwell Street, Edinburgh, EH10 5HT.
- Climb the Munros Advice for anyone wishing to climb any of the Munros, offering lots of routes and tips from other members in the Munro community.
- AMS Scotland Limited Baggage carrier service to walkers on the West Highland and Great Glen Ways.
- C-N-Do Scotland Ltd. Walking holidays in the Scottish Highlands and Hebrides, Orkney and St Kilda. West Highland Way and the Scottish long distance trails. Small groups, grand walking, great fun. AALA licence. Activity Operator GTBS Gold Award. 32 Stirling Enterprise Park, Springbank Road, Stirling, FK7 7RP.
- Dunolly Adventure Outdoors Activity Centre. Taybridge Drive, Aberfeldy, PH15 2BP.
- Fellwalker An excellent resource for hillwalkers in Britain including free software to download, a number of good routes to walk, info for new or foreign walkers and a query service.
- Fraser's Online Munro Guide Fraser Dickson's route guide to Munro bagging in words and pictures.
- Killin Outdoor Centre and Mountain Shop We hire out canoes, kayaks, mountain bikes, snowshoes, ice axes, crampons, child carriers and hiking poles. We have a good stock of outdoor equipment and boots from well named brands plus a stock of cycling equipment and clothing. Dreadnought Place, Main Street, Killin, FK21 8UJ.
- University of Manchester Hiking Club A wide range of information about hiking and hillwalking, including in Scotland.
- North East Mountain Trust The principal aim of the North East Mountain Trust is to co-ordinate and promote public awareness for these unique areas.
- Climbing in Orkney This site is designed as a guide to the climbing potential of the sandstone sea-stacks and sea cliffs found around the islands of Orkney.
- OutdoorClothingStore.co.uk A price comparison site for outdoor clothing, comparing online outdoor clothing supplers.
- ScottishCamping.com A directory of all the campsites and caravan parks in Scotland.
- The Great Outdoors Covers all of the issues and articles in the well known magazine plus blogs, video and photo galleries, and interactive maps and tools.
- Uist Outdoor Centre Outdoor adventure in the ultimate location. Cearn Dusgaidh, Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AE.
- Walk Highlands Free, detailed walk descriptions with GPS waypoints, maps and photos across the Highlands of Scotland.
- Walking Forum Forum for discussing all aspects of country walking & hiking in the UK with boards for general chat, gear, long distance trails, and UK walking destinations.