Absolute Escapes Ltd., 24 Forth Street
Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LH. Specialists in tailor-made independent walking
holidays, Absolute Escapes offers centre based walking holidays in the Highlands as
well as self-guided packages for 7 of the most popular and spectacular long distance
walking trails in Scotland.
Carefully selected to follow the best walking
routes, holidays can be tailored to suit individual capabilities and requirements.
Centre based holidays provide a choice of accommodation - from hand-picked Guest
Houses and Inns through to the very best Highland Hotels - and a daily choice of
routes, both long and short. The long distance routes include the West Highland Way,
Great Glen Way, Rob Roy Way, Speyside Way, Kintyre Way, St Cuthbert’s Way and
the Arran Coastal Way. Each route combines diverse scenery with local history and
specific points of interest and each presents its own particular challenges. If you
would like to discuss your travel plans with one of our specialists Tel: +44 (0) 131
E-mail: [email protected]
Alternative Adventure & Outdoor Activities Services.
Alternative Adventure offer a range of quality outdoor courses and activities in the Cairngorms
National Park. We offer summer and winter hillwalking including Cairn Gorm and Ben Macdui, the
Creag Meagaidh range, the Drumochter Munros, Ben Alder Range, Glen Feshie Hill and the West of
Loch Laggan Munros. Practical navigation courses can be arranged, with the option to participate
in the National Navigation Award Scheme. Rock climbing and abseiling days provide a challenge
for all age groups and snowshoeing days are a magical way to explore snowy forest tracks, glens
and hillsides. Alternative Adventure & Outdoor Activities Services also provide a range of
teambuilding and outdoor adventurous activities, canoeing, earth ball, mountain biking, raft
building, orienteering and mountain rescue for groups from 5-85+. For further information, visit
our website or Tel: Stuart Igoe on 01254 704898.
E-mail: [email protected]
Ocean Vertical: Ethical Adventures in the Wilds of Scotland.
Based at the beautiful Hedderwick Hill Stables in East Lothian, 25 miles east of Edinburgh, we are a passionate team of
adventurers specialising in paddle boarding, coasteering, surfing, climbing and mountaineering,
locally and across Scotland throughout the year. We provide transport and full equipment for all our activities. As
an ethical adventure company we place the wild and natural environment of Scotland at our core. We are a diverse, experienced
and highly qualified team bound together by a love for adventure and experiences in the natural world. To book your adventure
please visit our website or contact us for further information. Tel: +44 (0) 1368 373848.
E-mail: [email protected]
Scot Mountain Holidays, Fraoch Lodge, Deshar Road, Boat of
Garten, PH24 3BN. Green Tourism Gold Award Winner. Recommended by
responsibletravel.com, Scot Mountain Holidays offer mountain courses and
walking holidays into Scotland's great wilderness, from weekends to week long
trips and provide an unrivalled departure guarantee. There are no single
supplements and we can pick you up and drop you off at Aviemore station or
Inverness airport. Our qualified guides have an unrivalled knowledge of the
mountain environment and are experts on the Cairngorms National Park. Our
emphasis is on delivering on scenery, wildlife, meeting locals, having an
engaging experience and making memories that will last you a lifetime. From the
colossal forces that have shaped the Highlands, to fungal forays and the
specialized wildlife and conservation issues of our times, you're able to
experience the stunning Highland landscape to the full. We can also assist with
a logistical package to help you walk the Lairig Ghru, or point you in the
right direction with our self-guided mountain biking trips. You're quickly able
to feel at home and relax into your holiday. Whether you've been out learning
new skills or have just had a fantastic day's walking or cycling, you return to
meals with your hosts in front of a roaring fire. So why not come and enjoy a
complete adventure with us. Follow the Scot Mountain Holidays link below or
contact Rebecca Field. Tel: 01479 831331.
E-mail: [email protected]
Walk Wild Scotland: Walking Holidays in Scotland's Secret Places.
Walk Wild invite you to step into nature, connect and let go on one of their small group walking holidays.
Join them on an exploration of beautiful and remote landscapes in the Scottish
Highlands & Islands where you'll discover wildlife, history and culture in the great outdoors with friendly
guides and likeminded travelling companions. Choose a scheduled walking holiday, like our Scotland's Southern
Highlands Tour, and walk the famous West Highland Way. Graded easy to moderate, the daily walks are taken at
a leisurely pace with breaks for lunch and a pinic and maybe a pub stop en-route back to our guest house base.
Join the company of an all women hiking group for a Hebridean journey of easy walking on beautiful Mull, Iona
and Arran along Scotland's Atlantic coast or to discover Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park's magnificent
landscapes. Or for those with only a single day to spare, why not take a day tour with us? Choose hiking Ben
A’an and the Trossachs or combine a hike to see a waterfall with a boat ride to one of Scotland's oldest inns.
Groups are limited to a maximum of 8. For further information and other multi and single day tour options,
visit our website or Tel: +44 (0)1360 870476.
E-mail: [email protected]
Walking and Climbing Holidays & Guiding
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
- About Argyll Walking Holidays Comfortable guided walking/hiking holidays in the Scottish Highlands and on the Hebrides. Letters Lodge South, Strathlachlan, PA27 8BZ.
- Absolute Escapes Ltd. Specialists in tailor-made independent walking holidays. 24 Forth Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LH.
- Ace Adventure Highland outdoor adventure activity provider offering White Water Rafting, River Tubing, Canyoning, Paintball, Disc Golf, Kayaking & Canoeing. Auchnagairn, Relugas, Forres, IV36 2QL.
- AdventuraScotland Offering three or five day walking journeys, with group sizes of between 6 and 12 people.
- Adventure Nevis Ben Nevis Mountain Guiding Service. Individual, Group and Charity guiding on Ben Nevis.
- AMS Scotland We carry and deliver luggage and rucksacks for people who walk the West Highland Way: a door to door service and executive transport. 22 Redhills View, Lennoxtown, Glasgow, G66 7BL.
- Arran Wild Walks Discover the breathtaking mountains, moors and coastline of Arran with a local and fully qualified professional Mountain Leader. Walks and hikes for all abilities.
- Celtic Trails Walking Holidays Offering accommodation booking and luggage transfer for walkers along some of Scotland's most established and increasingly popular trails.
- Climb GB is run by Tom Hopper and provides rock climbing, hill walking, navigation, winter skills, scrambling and bouldering courses in Northumberland, the Lake District and the Scottish Highlands.
- Climb Torridon Mountain Guiding and Instruction in the Scottish Highlands, including Torridon, The Skye Cuillin and The North-West.
- Contours Walking Holidays Self-guided walking holidays along the West Highland Way, Great Glen Way, St Cuthbert's Way and the Highland Drovers Trail.
- Ecosse Mountains Offering skills courses and guiding year round with Kevin Rutherford MIC. 8 Myrtlefield, Aviemore, PH22 1SB.
Offering guided walking, single-centre self guided walking holidays and tours along Long-Distance Paths and National Trails.
- Glenmore Lodge Scotland's National Outdoor Training Centre. Located in the heart of Cairngorms National Park and open all year round.
- Go Further Scotland Based in Wester Ross. 9 Melvaig, Gairloch, IV21 2EA.
- Go Glencoe Specialising in getting you off the beaten track where you can be amazed by the thrilling mountain environment – wildlife, rivers and waterfalls, forests and soaring mountain peaks.
- Hillwalk Tours Offering self-guided walking tours in Scotland.
- Dave MacLeod Offering climbing, coaching and training resources to climbers of any ability and experience level.
- Make Tracks Walking Holidays Guidance on all the official long distance paths, plus quite a few others off the beaten track. 26 Forbes Road, Edinburgh, EH10 4ED.
- Meander Holidays Self guided walking holidays following Britain's most interesting and beautiful canals including the Union canal. 1 Raven Road, Yoxall, Staffordshire, DE13 8PY.
- Mountain and Glen Hillwalking adventures. Daywalks, weekend and week-long breaks. Discounts available. Unit 14, James Little Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 4AT.
- Mountaintreks Offering guided walking and mountain skills training courses including navigation, scrambling and Winter skills.
- Mull Magic Guided walking tours and holidays on the Isles of Mull, Iona and Ulva.
- Natural High Guiding Professionally guided day trips either walking or mountain biking in the beautiful Highlands. The Old Meal Mill, Tomich, Strathglass, By Beauly, IV4 7LY.
- Ridgeway Adventure Providing outdoor activity holidays for adults, families, school groups and young people from across Europe and beyond. Ardmore, Rhiconich, By Lairg, IV27 4RB.
- Skye Guides Guiding in the Cuillin and instruction for all mountaineering pursuits. 3 Luib, Broadford, Isle of Skye, IV49 9AN.
- Talisman Mountaineering Activities Scotland Providing winter mountaineering and winter skills courses in the Cairngorms for over a decade. 3 Railway Cottages, Slochd, Carrbridge, PH23 3AY.
- Tarmachan Mountaineering Mountain guided walks, navigation courses and winter skills courses in the Killin area and all over the Highlands, year round. The Bothy, Creagan Cottage, Morenish, Killin, FK21 8TX.
- Thistle Trekking A friendly, family run business which specialises in guided walking holidays and instructional courses in Scotland.
- Travel Lite Backpack delivery service along all the main sections of the West Highland Way. The Iron Chef, 5 Mugdock Road, Milngavie, Glasgow, G62 8PD.
- Unexplored Scotland A premium hillwalking, sea kayaking and mountain biking holiday provider based in the Highlands of Scotland. You just need a sense of adventure. 10-11 Station Road, Garve, IV23 2PS.
- Walk Wild Scotland Guided walking and sightseeing day trips, holidays and short breaks for small groups in Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. High Auchmar, Milton of Buchanan, Drymen, G63 0AG.
- Walkabout Scotland Walkabout Scotland offer a full programme of Scottish walking and hiking holidays.
- Walkers' Britain Choose from the best walking holidays - guided and self-guided - along some of the most famous routes in Scotland, along with cycling holidays that will get you right to the heart of the Scottish Highlands.
- Walkers Ways Organising self-guided walks on the West Highland Way. 32 Mansefield, Tyndrum, FK20 8RQ.
- Wee Walking Tours Offering entertaining walking tours of our beautiful city, Edinburgh.
- West Coast Mountain Guides Mountain Guiding and Instruction - Ben Nevis, Glencoe and the Isle of Skye. Calluna, Heathercroft, Fort William, PH33 6RE.