Absolute Escapes Ltd., 24 Forth Street
Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LH. Specialists in tailor-made independent walking
holidays, Absolute Escapes offers centre based walking holidays in the Highlands as
well as self-guided packages for 7 of the most popular and spectacular long distance
walking trails in Scotland.
Carefully selected to follow the best walking
routes, holidays can be tailored to suit individual capabilities and requirements.
Centre based holidays provide a choice of accommodation - from hand-picked Guest
Houses and Inns through to the very best Highland Hotels - and a daily choice of
routes, both long and short. The long distance routes include the West Highland Way,
Great Glen Way, Rob Roy Way, Speyside Way, Kintyre Way, St Cuthberts Way and
the Arran Coastal Way. Each route combines diverse scenery with local history and
specific points of interest and each presents its own particular challenges. If you
would like to discuss your travel plans with one of our specialists Tel: +44 (0) 131
CNDo Scotland Walking and Hiking Tours, 33 Stirling Enterprise
Park, Stirling, FK7 7RP. Relax, de-stress and discover the diversity of
Scotland's natural heritage and landscape with a CNDo Scotland walking tour or
course. Enjoy excellent food and accommodation, the camaraderie of a small
group of like minded travellers and the support of one of our qualified walking
leaders on one of our range of classic tours. From the challenges of Scotland's
long distance trails or classic mountain routes to one of our Highlands and
Islands discovery tours you'll find something to suit all tastes and abilities.
Join one of our series of scheduled holidays or ask us to put together a
package just for you. For groups of 6 or more we can deliver one of our trails
at a time to suit you or provide a bespoke team-building or charity fundraising
challenge. And if you'd like to guide yourself, we can even arrange that too,
by giving you a choice of walking, other activities and accommodation, all
pre-booked for you to arrive and enjoy. For further details see our website or
Tel/Fax: +44 (0) 1786 445703.
owned and run by outdoor enthusiasts Keith and Davina Melton, offers guided
trips into the mountains of Glencoe and further afield and can cater for all
levels of fitness and experience. Specialising in getting you off the beaten
track where you can be amazed by the thrilling mountain environment
wildlife, rivers and waterfalls, forests and soaring mountain peaks - Go
Glencoe offers a series of organised trips each season, or they can tailor make
something just for you. Individuals, groups and families are all welcome. All
guides are fully qualified experts in their field, and most importantly full of
enthusiasm for showing you the best time ever in the hills and mountains. They
take care of all of the planning, safety and navigation for you. This means all
you need to do is book, turn up and have a day to remember! You can also stay
with them: see their range of accommodation at
Glencoe Independent Hostel & Self Catering. Tel: 01855
Scot Mountain Holidays, Fraoch Lodge, Deshar Road, Boat of
Garten, PH24 3BN. Green Tourism Gold Award Winner. Recommended by
responsibletravel.com, Scot Mountain Holidays offer mountain courses and
walking holidays into Scotland's great wilderness, from weekends to week long
trips and provide an unrivalled departure guarantee. There are no single
supplements and we can pick you up and drop you off at Aviemore station or
Inverness airport. Our qualified guides have an unrivalled knowledge of the
mountain environment and are experts on the Cairngorms National Park. Our
emphasis is on delivering on scenery, wildlife, meeting locals, having an
engaging experience and making memories that will last you a lifetime. From the
colossal forces that have shaped the Highlands, to fungal forays and the
specialized wildlife and conservation issues of our times, you're able to
experience the stunning Highland landscape to the full. We can also assist with
a logistical package to help you walk the Lairig Ghru, or point you in the
right direction with our self-guided mountain biking trips. You're quickly able
to feel at home and relax into your holiday. Whether you've been out learning
new skills or have just had a fantastic day's walking or cycling, you return to
meals with your hosts in front of a roaring fire. So why not come and enjoy a
complete adventure with us. Follow the Scot Mountain Holidays link below or
contact Rebecca Field. Tel: 01479 831331.
Walking and Climbing Holidays & Guiding
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
- When going hiking or climbing it is important to always have the right equipment to make sure you stay safe, GearHungry.com can help you find and purchase all the gear you need for a fun and safe adventure.
- About Argyll Walking Holidays Comfortable guided walking/hiking holidays in the Scottish Highlands and on the Hebrides. Letters Lodge South, Strathlachlan, PA27 8BZ.
- Absolute Escapes Ltd. Specialists in tailor-made independent walking holidays. 24 Forth Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LH.
- Ace Adventure Highland outdoor adventure activity provider offering White Water Rafting, River Tubing, Canyoning, Paintball, Disc Golf, Kayaking & Canoeing. Auchnagairn, Relugas, Forres, IV36 2QL.
- AdventuraScotland Offering three or five day walking journeys, with group sizes of between 6 and 12 people.
- Adventure Nevis Ben Nevis Mountain Guiding Service. Individual, Group and Charity guiding on Ben Nevis.
- AMS Scotland We carry and deliver luggage and rucksacks for people who walk the West Highland Way: a door to door service and executive transport. 22 Redhills View, Lennoxtown, Glasgow, G66 7BL.
- Caledonia Hilltreks Hillwalking, backpacking, long distance walks, camping, wilderness walks, Munro bagging. 61 Macaulay Drive, Craigiebuckler, Aberdeen, AB15 8FL.
- C-N-Do Scotland Ltd. Walking holidays in the Scottish Highlands and Hebrides, Orkney and St Kilda. West Highland Way and the Scottish long distance trails. Small groups, grand walking, great fun. AALA licence. Activity Operator GTBS Gold Award. 32 Stirling Enterprise Park, Springbank Road, Stirling, FK7 7RP.
- Celtic Trails Walking Holidays Offering accommodation booking and luggage transfer for walkers along some of Scotland's most established and increasingly popular trails.
- Contours Walking Holidays Self-guided walking holidays along the West Highland Way, Great Glen Way, St Cuthbert's Way and the Highland Drovers Trail.
- Ecosse Mountains Offering skills courses and guiding year round with Kevin Rutherford MIC. 8 Myrtlefield, Aviemore, PH22 1SB.
- Explore Outdoors A friendly, family run business which specialises in guided walking holidays and instructional courses in Scotland.
Offering guided walking, single-centre self guided walking holidays and tours along Long-Distance Paths and National Trails.
- Glenmore Lodge Scotland's National Outdoor Training Centre. Located in the heart of Cairngorms National Park and open all year round.
- Go Further Scotland Based in Wester Ross. 9 Melvaig, Gairloch, IV21 2EA.
- Go Glencoe Specialising in getting you off the beaten track where you can be amazed by the thrilling mountain environment wildlife, rivers and waterfalls, forests and soaring mountain peaks.
- Hillwalk Tours Offering self-guided walking tours in Scotland.
- Kintail Mountain Activities Offering bespoke Summer and Winter guided hill walking.
- Dave MacLeod Offering climbing, coaching and training resources to climbers of any ability and experience level.
- Make Tracks Walking Holidays Guidance on all the official long distance paths, plus quite a few others off the beaten track. 26 Forbes Road, Edinburgh, EH10 4ED.
- Meander Holidays Self guided walking holidays following Britain's most interesting and beautiful canals including the Union canal. 1 Raven Road, Yoxall, Staffordshire, DE13 8PY.
- Martin Moran Mountaineering Offering mountaineering courses, holidays and expeditions in the north-west of Scotland, the Swiss Alps and the Himalayas.
- Mountain and Glen Hillwalking adventures. Daywalks, weekend and week-long breaks. Discounts available. Unit 14, James Little Street, Kilmarnock, KA1 4AT.
- Mountaintreks Offering guided walking and mountain skills training courses including navigation, scrambling and Winter skills.
- Mull Magic Guided walking tours and holidays on the Isles of Mull, Iona and Ulva.
- Natural High Guiding Professionally guided day trips either walking or mountain biking in the beautiful Highlands. The Old Meal Mill, Tomich, Strathglass, By Beauly, IV4 7LY.
- Ridgeway Adventure Providing outdoor activity holidays for adults, families, school groups and young people from across Europe and beyond. Ardmore, Rhiconich, By Lairg, IV27 4RB.
- Skye Guides Guiding in the Cuillin and instruction for all mountaineering pursuits. 3 Luib, Broadford, Isle of Skye, IV49 9AN.
- Talisman Mountaineering Activities Scotland Providing winter mountaineering and winter skills courses in the Cairngorms for over a decade. 3 Railway Cottages, Slochd, Carrbridge, PH23 3AY.
- Tarmachan Mountaineering Mountain guided walks, navigation courses and winter skills courses in the Killin area and all over the Highlands, year round. The Bothy, Creagan Cottage, Morenish, Killin, FK21 8TX.
- Travel Lite Backpack delivery service along all the main sections of the West Highland Way. The Iron Chef, 5 Mugdock Road, Milngavie, Glasgow, G62 8PD.
- Unexplored Scotland A premium hillwalking, sea kayaking and mountain biking holiday provider based in the Highlands of Scotland. You just need a sense of adventure. 10-11 Station Road, Garve, IV23 2PS.
- Up and Doon Guided Walks Specialising in unique and personalised walks with small numbers guaranteed (maximum 6 attendees). 4 Nevisbank Apartments, Belford Road, Fort William, PH33 6ES.
- Walk Wild Scotland Guided walking and sightseeing day trips, holidays and short breaks for small groups in Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. High Auchmar, Milton of Buchanan, Drymen, G63 0AG.
- Walkabout Scotland Walkabout Scotland offer a full programme of Scottish walking and hiking holidays.
- Walkers Ways Organising self-guided walks on the West Highland Way. 32 Mansefield, Tyndrum, FK20 8RQ.
- Walking and Wildlife Holidays offer Guided Munro walking and wildlife walks.
- Walking Support Self-guided or group guided walks on a range of Scottish and Cross Border walks. 2 Wembley Terrace, Melrose, TD6 9QR.
- Lucy Wallace - Wild Walks on Arran Discover the breathtaking mountains, moors and coastline of Arran with a local and fully qualified professional Mountain Leader. Walks and hikes for all abilities.
- West Coast Mountain Guides Mountain Guiding and Instruction - Ben Nevis, Glencoe and the Isle of Skye. Calluna, Heathercroft, Fort William, PH33 6RE.
- Wildcat Adventures Providing Guided & Self Guided Walking, Cycling, and Motorbiking holidays throughout Scotland. 4 Marschal Court, Wallace Park, Stirling, FK7 7UY.