Harris At Gallery, 13 Northton, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JA.
Suzan Visser-Offereins has been painting portraits for over 30 years. She started painting
pastel portraits of elderly people in a home. She was amazed at how people opened up to her
and told the story of who they were. She saw their faces lighten up as they spoke and she
sought to capture that in her artwork. In 1998 her Majesty Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands
invited Suzan to Palace Huis ten Bosch at The Hague and sat for her. In 2005 she was
commissioned to paint large portraits of the 3 Queens and the Crown Prince William-Alexander.
She was then invited by the King to Villa Eikenhorst at Wassenaar where he sat for her.
Both Royal invitations left a deep impression on Suzan and she has since had her work exhibited
her work in several Museums, Palaces and Art Galleries around the world. Having relocated to
the Western Isles, Suzan has also turned her attention to landscape and wildlife painting, capturing
the dramatic beauty of the wildlife and wild landscapes around her home on the Isle of Harris. Visit
her gallery, view her work online and get in touch if you would like to buy or commission a unique
piece of Suzan's art. Contact Suzan Visser-Offereins. Tel: 01859 520315.
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Shetland & Orkney
- The Gallery Presents ongoing exhibitions of contemporary art, prints, photography and re-cycled artwork. Pierowall, Westray, Orkney, KW17 2BZ.
- Hoxa Tapestry Gallery Neviholm, Hoxa, St Margaret's Hope, Orkney, KW17 2TW.
Caithness, Sutherland, Ross & Cromarty
- Applecross Photographic Gallery A stunning collection of images from Scotland's Northwest coast photographed from land and air.
- North West Highlands Art Featuring an exhibition of Gillian Pattinson's original work, as well as prints, table mats, cards and gifts. Residential art courses run 5 times a year. Brynaport, Achintraid, Kishorn, Strathcarron, IV54 8XB.
Lewis, Harris, The Uists & Barra
- Mangurstadh Gallery Featuring Hebridean landscape paintings and photography by Scottish artists Derek Scanlan and Elsie Mitchell. 5 Mangersta, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9EY.
- Morven Gallery Gallery displaying paintings, ceramics, sculptures, photographs and textiles by local artists and craftspeople. Upper Barvas, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0QX.
Skye, Lochalsh, Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey, Lochaber
- Castle Gallery Specialising in exhibitions of contemporary paintings, sculpture, hand-made prints, crafts and jewellery. 43 Castle Street, Inverness, IV2 3DU.
- The Iona Gallery This SBSA run art gallery shows Scottish and international art as well as local artist's work. Duke Street, Kingussie, PH21 1JD.
- Kilmorack Gallery One of the longest established fine art galleries in the Highlands and definitely the largest and most spectacular. We specialise in work by major Scottish sculptors and painters. By Beauly, IV4 7AL.
- Lime Tree Gallery A private gallery whose aim is to entertain, educate and encourage. Admission Free. The Old Manse, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ.
- Resipole Studios Art Gallery with studio facilities and comprehensive framing service. Acharacle, PH36 4HX.
- Scottish Flair Gallery Established in 2004, this private, family run gallery specialises in Edwardian and Victorian Art. It is located in Bank Street, Inverness within The Riverside Art Gallery.
- Shards Stained Glass Beautiful stained glass suncatchers and panels to reflect the landscape of the Scottish Highlands.The Old Schoolhouse, Arrina, Shieldaig, Strathcarron, IV54 8XU.
Moray, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
- The Ballater Gallery Art gallery selling original art by mainly Scottish Artists. 46 Bridge Street, Ballater, AB35 5QD.
- Junction Art and Gifts Selling a wide variety of affordable original artwork, ceramics and jewellery. 282 Holburn Street, Aberdeen, AB10 6DD.
- Left Bank Contemporary Art Gallery with a vintage and contemporary design shop, cafe and arts events programme. 5 Bridge Street Tarland AB34 4YN.
- The Lost Gallery Contemporary art in an idyllic setting. Gallery showing over 60 paintings, oil, watercolours, mixed media and over 60 indoor and outdoor sculptures. Aldachuie, Strathdon, AB36 8UJ.
- Still Life Studio Original art, picture framing, Scottish prints and whisky images. 126 High Street, Aberlour, AB38 9NX.
- Tolquhon Gallery Art gallery in north east Scotland exhibiting original paintings, sculpture and studio crafts by Scottish and British artists. Tolquhon, Tarves, Ellon, AB41 7LP.
- Tomintoul Art Gallery Gallery/workshop specialising in contemporary batik fine art by Jane Lannagan. Commissions accepted. The Gallery also offers a good range of unique gifts in ceramics, glass, wood and metal. 82 Main Street, Tomintoul, Ballindalloch, AB37 9ES.
Argyll & Bute, Arran
- Blairmore Gallery Arts and craft gallery and coffee shop. Pierhead, Blairmore, Near Dunoon, PA23 8TJ.
- Bole - The Gallery The Gallery displays some of Argyll's best artists' work and is the home of Bole Woodturning Contemporary design in Wood. Fieldhouse, Kilberry, By Tarbert, PA29 6YD.
- Fynewood Gallery Crafts and Arts Gallery. 9 Hamilton Street, Dunoon, PA23 7RG.
- The Harbour Gallery Home gallery for artist Stuart Herd. Paintings, sculpture and jewellery by other local artists, plus original memorabilia for sale too. Knap, Harbour Street, Tarbert, PA29 6UA.
- Mount Stuart Gallery Isle of Bute.
- Resipole Studios Fine Art Gallery Art Gallery with studio facilities and comprehensive framing service. Strontian, PH36 4HX.
Perth & Kinross, Dundee, Angus
- Aberfeldy Gallery 9 Kenmore Street, Aberfeldy, PH15 2BL.
- The Atholl Gallery 6 Atholl Street, Dunkeld, PH8 0AR.
- Gallery Q 160 Nethergate, Dundee, DD1 4DU.
- Glenlyon Gallery Boltachan, By Aberfeldy, PH15 2LB. STB 4 Star Tourist Shop.
- The Water Mill A unique art gallery in a listed former mill. Mill Street, Aberfeldy, PH15 2BG.
- The Crail Gallery Art gallery specialising in limited edition linocut and silkscreen prints of the East Neuk of Fife. 22 High Street, Crail, KYI0 3TE.
- Crail Harbour Gallery and Tearoom Paintings, prints, handmade cards and crafts can all be found in the Gallery. St Adrians, Shoregate, Crail, Fife, KY10 3SU.
- Fraser Gallery Featuring Scottish contemporary art. 53 South Street, St Andrews, KY16 9QR.
Stirling, Clackmannanshire, Falkirk
- The Fotheringham Gallery Scottish art gallery established in 1997 selling paintings, designer jewellery, ceramics, sculpture and unusual gifts. 78 Henderson Street, Bridge of Allan, FK9 4HS.
- Galleria Luti Specialising in original pieces of art from some of Scotland's most prolific artists. 16 Ancaster Square, Callander, FK17 8BL.
- Photogold.co.uk Selling limited edition silkscreen and giclee prints by Scottish artist Jack Vettriano. 40 Dunvegan Place, Polmont, Falkirk, FK2 0NX.
- Stirling Smith Art Gallery and Museum Changing exhibitions on the history and culture of Stirling. 40 Albert Place, Dumbarton Road, Stirling, FK8 2RQ.
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Clydeside, Dunbartonshire
- Compass Gallery Glasgow's longest established Contemporary Art Gallery. 178 West Regent Street, Glasgow, G2 4RL.
- Inverbeg Galleries is a Scottish art gallery run by famous Landscape artist John M Boyd. Offering a fine collection of Scottish art and art from around the world at Inverbeg, Luss, Alexandria, G83 8PD.
- Mugdock Makkers An Art and Craft Gallery run by a collective of local crafters and artists. Mugdock Country Park, Craigallian Road, Near Milngavie, Glasgow, G62 8EL.
- scotlandart.com Original paintings for sale from this leading Scottish gallery representing over 170 Scottish and British artists. Visit their Glasgow gallery.
Edinburgh, The Lothians
- Fidra Fine Art Art gallery specialising in 200 years of Traditional & Contemporary Scottish Art. 45 Dirleton Avenue, North Berwick, EH39 4BL.
- Stenton Gallery Featuring mainly Scottish contemporary art and associated crafts. Open daily (except Thursdays) from 11am to 5pm during exhibitions. Stenton, EH42 1TE.
- UNIONGallery A Contemporary and Fine Art Gallery situated in the heart of the city centre. 45 Broughton Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3JU.
- Anthony Woodd Gallery Art Gallery specialising in Scottish landscape, sporting and military paintings. 4 Dundas Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6HZ.
Scottish Borders, English Borders
- Tony Huggins-Haig Gallery Offering 5 distinct gallery rooms, beautifully laid out to showcase the finest artwork, sculpture and glass, the THH Gallery also has a deluxe range of bespoke jewellery, bags, pens and furniture. 22 Bridge Street, Kelso, TD5 7JD.
Ayrshire, Dumfries & Galloway
- Calder Gallery and Framing New Gallery showing watercolour and other paintings by Christine Brown, and other local artists. 8 High Street, Lochwinnoch, PA12 4DA.
- Project Art Lockerbie Gallery run by a co-operative of around 20 artists showing paintings, drawings, prints, cards, photographs, and crafts, including jewellery. 53 High Street, Lockerbie, DG11 2JH.
Online Galleries and Directories
- Scotland's Artists A showcase for artists living and working in Scotland along with a listing of galleries and exhibitions.
- Scottish Art Galleries Directory Red Rag Gallery directory listing of Scottish Art Galleries which show paintings and art from contemporary Scottish artists.
- Scottish Art Contemporary Scottish paintings and Modern Scottish art by Scottish artists at the Red Rag Scottish art gallery website.
- Scottish Art Online Offering a high quality selection of arts and crafts, as well as photographic works, all from artists living and working in Scotland.