A guided tour of Scotland? I provide driver-guided, personalized, private
tours for families, couples and small groups of up to 8 passengers.
I can tailor-make sightseeing itineraries
from just a few hours in duration to 2 weeks, including city tours, day trips,
Highland multi-day tours and Island hopping. I offer a flexible approach to
touring which can incorporate the places you want to visit with the sights I
recommend as 'must sees'! Check my website for sample itineraries to inspire
you: Stirling, St Andrews, Oban, Loch Ness, the Isle of Skye, the Borders,
Orkney, whisky distilleries and our history-rich cities are some of the many
fascinating locations that can be visited. All my tours are conducted in a
relaxed, no rush, but informative manner and as your friendly, experienced and
knowledgeable driver and guide, I promise that I will show you the
off-the-beaten-track Scotland that the tour buses cannot reach! Contact: Greg
Kain. Tel: +44 (0)141 882 3696. Mobile: +44 (0)7791 579 573.
E-mail: [email protected]
WWW: www.guidedtoursofscotland.com or visit Guided Tours of Scotland on: Facebook
Absolute Escapes |
Self-Drive Holidays in Scotland. Established in Edinburgh in 2004, we are award-winning
specialists in self-drive holidays in Scotland.
The Absolute Escapes team have turned our love of exploring
Scotland into our day job. Whether you'd like to visit our iconic sites like Glencoe and the
Isle of Skye or get off-the-beaten-track to secret islands and hidden glens - we've ‘been there
and done it’, and we know exactly where to find the best accommodation, the finest food and drink,
and how to turn your experience into an unforgettable one. We will listen carefully to your needs
and build an itinerary that’s woven around your interests and budget, using our first-hand local
knowledge to make sure the logistics work. When dreams are big and time is precious, our
meticulous planning makes the most of every moment. Keep discovering with Absolute Escapes. Tel:
+44 (0) 131 610 1210.
E-mail: [email protected]
Celtic Routes offer luxury Land Rover self-drive tours across Scotland, Ireland and Wales
supported by our own self-guiding app. Our signature route explores the wilder side of the classic
North Coast 500 road trip, avoiding the hustle and bustle of the typical over-crowded stretches.
But don't worry, we've kept in the classic sightseeing spots too - from the classic Cape Wrath,
to the infamous Bealach na Ba pass, join us for an iconic self-guided driving tour that's tailored
to you from 6 to 12 days. Whether you're a nature lover, thrill seeker or whisky connoisseur,
experience Scotland the way you've always dreamed of from behind the wheel of one of our
expedition-prepared Land Rovers. In Northern Ireland we take The Coastal Causeway Route, in Ireland
the Wild Atlantic Way and in Wales the Sonwdonia 360 as the focus. Tel: +44 (0) 33 3339 6005.
E-mail: [email protected]
Edinburgh Expert Walking Tours Discover highlights and hidden gems of this world-class
historic city with a private walking tour from local Edinburgh tour guide Gareth Davies. Whether
you are visiting with family or friends, or on a solo trip to Edinburgh, Gareth offers customised
tours to suits your needs and interests, with every one 100% just for you. Explore the medieval
city with an Old Town and Royal Mile walking tour, discover the style and architecture of the
Georgian era with a New Town walking tour, or walk in the footsteps of iconic figures from Scottish
history, like Mary Queen of Scots, Adam Smith and David Hume. All tours focus on fact-based
explorations of this UNESCO World Heritage site, bringing Edinburgh's history to life in a fun,
informative and entertaining way. You'll find there are many more things to see in Edinburgh than a
guidebook could ever show you. Book online where you can choose between a 2, 3, 4 hour or full day
private tour. You can also Tel: Gareth on +44 (0) 131 235 2351.
E-mail: [email protected]
St Hilda Sea Adventures - Scottish Cruises: St Hilda Sea Adventures provides small ship
cruising and wildlife holiday on the beautiful west coast of Scotland in the Inner and Outer Hebrides;
an unforgettable adventure for all ages! Each voyage is a unique holiday experience, with your own
onboard skipper and cook. The small cruise ships anchor in the most sheltered, idyllic places where
passengers can visit distilleries, world famous islands such as St Kilda, Isle of Skye, Mull, Jura,
Islay, Staffa and Iona, watch the wildlife, go fishing or swim in the sea lochs. Dolphins, porpoises,
basking sharks, otters, and many species of birds are regularly seen and even the occasional Minke
whale. Guests can choose to join St Hilda (maximum 6 passengers), Seahorse II (maximum 11 passengers)
or Gemini Explorer (maximum 8 passengers). St Hilda is a traditional, wooden ex-Tall Ship. Seahorse
II is an ex-Norwegian Ferry. Gemini Explorer is an ex-Cruising Lifeboat. All three ships have been
converted to cruise the western islands of Scotland in comfort and style. Tel: UK: +44(0) 1631 564121
or US: +1 (800) 281 4980.
E-mail: [email protected]
Scotland Itinerary Planning Are you looking
to plan your vacation to Scotland? I will create a custom made itinerary to give you the ultimate Scottish
experience. With years of background as a destination management specialist and traveller throughout Scotland,
I can provide the ultimate travel experience for anyone who wants to avoid wasting time and money and requires
help to decide where to go and what to see! I will ensure that I give you the perfect personalised itinerary based on
your specific needs and expectations. Scotland Itinerary Planning focuses on seeing Scotland through a responsible
and sustainable travel lens and aims to provide high-quality experiences tailored just to you. All you have to do is contact
me and after discussing your needs with you, I will create the perfect itinerary for you and your travel companions! Let Scotland
Itinerary Planning help you write your own unique story about Scotland. Contact: Kate Miler.
E-mail: [email protected]
Walk Wild Scotland: Walking Holidays in Scotland's Secret Places.
Walk Wild invite you to step into nature, connect and let go on one of their small group walking holidays.
Join them on an exploration of beautiful and remote landscapes in the Scottish
Highlands & Islands where you'll discover wildlife, history and culture in the great outdoors with friendly
guides and likeminded travelling companions. Choose a scheduled walking holiday, like our Scotland's Southern
Highlands Tour, and walk the famous West Highland Way. Graded easy to moderate, the daily walks are taken at
a leisurely pace with breaks for lunch and a pinic and maybe a pub stop en-route back to our guest house base.
Join the company of an all women hiking group for a Hebridean journey of easy walking on beautiful Mull, Iona
and Arran along Scotland's Atlantic coast or to discover Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park's magnificent
landscapes. Or for those with only a single day to spare, why not take a day tour with us? Choose hiking Ben
A’an and the Trossachs or combine a hike to see a waterfall with a boat ride to one of Scotland's oldest inns.
Groups are limited to a maximum of 8. For further information and other multi and single day tour options,
visit our website or Tel: +44 (0)1360 870476.
E-mail: [email protected]
The tour operators listed here offer tours in more than one area of Scotland, or across all of it. Tour guides who operate in just one area appear in the relevant area "Local Attractions" list.
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
- Absolute Escapes Ltd. Specialists in tailor-made independent walking holidays. 24 Forth Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LH.
- Adventures Scotland Offering guided and self-guided adventure tours in Scotland. 44 Coronation Road, Motherwell ML1 4JD.
- Afternoon Tea Tours Spend a special afternoon that will leave you with wonderful memories of an unforgettable Scottish experience. Tours offered in and around Edinburgh or further afield.
- Alba Game Fishing Providing mixed fishing and touring vacations throughout Scotland in lesser known unusual places.
- Backpackertours Budget adventure/skiing tours throughout Scotland for the 18 to 30 age group.
- Back-Roads Touring Co. Ltd Specialists in small group travel and interesting itineraries.
- Best Scottish Tours Offering small group tours of Scotland.
- Blubale Walking tour around Edinburgh that features the history and most important landmarks of the city. Suitable for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Borders Journeys Offering guided tours of the Borders and Dumfriesshire.
- Bruce's Highland Tours Offering personalised tours of Scotland's Highlands and Islands. Dorlin, Cameron Road, Fort William, PH33 6LG.
- Tour with Celia Celia Ffitch-Stewart is a fully qualified and insured driver-guide based near Inverness. Tours tailored to your requirements. 'Chanonry Point', 22 Ness Road, Fortrose, IV10 8SD.
- Celtic Trails Walking Holidays Walking holiday specialists providing expert personalised holiday planning.
- Discover Highlands is a private tour company based in Inverness.
- Discreet Scotland Private guided tours. 69 Stuart Park, Edinburgh, EH12 8YE.
- Drams Scotland Private Tours Offering private guided tours anywhere in Scotland.
- Morag Dunbar, Scottish Tour Guide Accompanied tours tailor-made to your requirements.
- Eat Walk Edinburgh Enjoy a walking tour through the Old and New Towns of Edinburgh dropping into restaurants, bars and shops enjoying some of their signature dishes, as well as sampling wines and malt whisky.
- Edinburgh Cab Tours Offering guided sightseeing tours throughout Scotland.
- Edinburgh Expert Walking Tours Discover the highlights and hidden gems of this world-class historic city with a private walking tour from a local Edinburgh tour guide.
- Experienced Tours Private Scottish tour guide specialising in tours from Edinburgh.
- Expert Excursions Travel Agent for expert-led, private day tours of Scotland.
- G & A Taxis Bespoke Scotland Tours Experts in airport transfers and golf transfers, we provide bespoke tours of Scotland, day and weekly hire. 45 Venus Place, Cellardyke, Anstruther, KY10 3FL.
- Glascotours Offering private and customised bespoke Scottish tours from Glasgow, Greenock and West Central Scotland.
- Glenton Holidays Glasgow-based holiday operators specialising in coach trips across the UK and Europe.
- Gordon Tait Gordon Tait is a fully qualified member of the Scottish Tourist Guides Association and member of the International Association of Tour Managers.
- Go Scotland Tours Offering sightseeing and private tours from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Loch Ness, Stirling Castle, Oban, Skye, the Highlands, plus others.
- Grand UK Holidays Offering coach tours and trips around scenic Scotland for travelers over 55.
- Great Rail Journeys UK-based operator offering the widest selection of holidays by rail with over 300 individual rail tours to more than 40 countries, including Scotland.
- Guvnors Moray Tours Offering tours of Moray and Scotland more widely. 30 Hill Street, Elgin, IV30 1AL.
- The Hairy Coo Award-winning tour operator offering 1, 3 and 5 day tours of Scotland from Edinburgh.
- Happy Tours Offering Inverness city centre walking tours and tours around the Scottish Highlands. See website for details.
- Heartland Travel Offering a range of half day, full day, three day or private tours across Loch Ness and the Highlands, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs or the Isle of Skye. Davidson Street, Stirling, FK7 0ND.
- The Hebridean Explorer Day tours from Inverness to the Isle of Skye including Eilean Donan Castle.
- Highland Discovery Tours Working out of Inverness and Invergordon, Highland Discovery Tours offer tours of the Highlands for groups of 5 to 8 People.
- Highland Experience Tours Offering an authentic Scottish experience, from the comfort of luxury, bespoke vehicles, in the very capable hands of fully qualified guides.
- Highland Scenic Tours Offering day and half-day sightseeing tours around Fort William, Glen Coe and the West Coast peninsula.
- Highland Tours Private guided tours covering the Highlands of Scotland. We ensure visitors see the very best including the hidden gems. 37 Inshes Mews, Wester Inshes, Inverness, IV2 5HY.
- Highlands of Scotland Tour Guide Association An Association of self employed tour guides, based in Inverness but covering all of the Highlands.
- History and Horror Tours Come and explore the dark side of history...
- Invisible Cities Edinburgh Walking Tours Offering friendly walking tours of Edinburgh that showcase the city's historical landmarks and explore the social projects that make the city what it is.
- Island Encounter Wildlife Safaris on the Isle of Mull. Arla Beag, Aros, Isle of Mull, PA72 6JS.
- Island Trails Tour operator and guide. Bigton, Shetland, ZE2 9JA.
- Jura Island Tours Join Jura Island Tours for a relaxed bus tour incorporating everything past and present on this spectacular island. There is plenty to see and do and there will be many opportunities to photograph the fantastic wildlife and amazing coastal views.
- John Leask & Son Travel Agents and Tour Operators. Esplanade, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 OLL.
- Links Golf St Andrews Customised golf tours. 7 Pilmour Links, St Andrews, KY16 9JG.
- Loyd & Townsend Rose Travel Consultants offering luxury travel experiences.
- Luxury Scotland Tours Offering a bespoke luxury tour service including tailor-made itinerary creation, chauffeur services and bookings.
- Make Tracks Walking Holidays Worry free walking in the Borders and throughout Scotland. 26 Forbes Road, Edinburgh, EH10 4ED.
- McIntosh Tours Luxury tours by land and sea with your own Highlander. Day and multi day tours of Scotland celebrating culture, history, scenery, wildlife, food and drink. Travelling in a LandRover Discovery 5 and organising off the beaten track bespoke tours and experiences.
- McKinlay Kidd Tour Operator Award-winning tailormade self-drive and self-guided holidays throughout Scotland including the Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland. Suite 240, Baltic Chambers, 50 Wellington Street, Glasgow, G2 6HJ.
- Mini Tours Scotland Unique personal guided driver tours of Scotland for up to 8 people. 14 Kenmure Avenue, Willowbrae, Edinburgh, EH8 7HD.
- Moray Firth Tours & Transport Providing tours and transport around Moray, Speyside and the Highlands. 26 St Andrews Square, Elgin, IV30 6HX.
- More in Moray Providing private tours in the Highlands: Speyside, Moray, Aberdeenshire, Perthshire and North Highlands.
- John Mowbray Executive Travel & Tours Executive travel, bespoke Scottish day tours and airport transfers. 23 Lennymuir, Edinburgh, EH12 0AP.
- John Muir Trust Activities and Conservation Programme Activity trips in Scotland run by the John Muir Trust.
- Munro Highland Tours Highlander George Munro offers a range of tours taking in castles, gardens, whisky, historical sites, wildlife, gentle walks and more.
- National Holidays Coach trips and holidays to Scotland.
- Nor'west Tours & Go-Ookney Guided small-group tours in the Northern Highlands of Scotland and the Orkney Islands. 30 Culduthel Road, Inverness, IV2 4AP.
- Orkney Tourist Guides Association Qualified Orkney Tourist Guides offering a range of Orkney tours.
- Outlander: The Past Lives Experience One, two, four and six day private Outlander Themed Tours for up to two people.
- Outlander Tours Offering Outlander tours around Edinburgh and Falkirk.
- Palmer Holidays Offering luxury door to door coach holidays throughout Scotland.
- Private Tours Edinburgh Offer a unique range of tours from Outlander to Game of Thrones, the Highlands, castles and distilleries.
- Rabbie's Tours Scotland 1-17 day small group tours of Scotland. Departures from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. Travel with up to 16 people led by a local guide.
- Rob Roy Tours Ltd. Walking and Cultural Tours. 630 Lanark Road, Juniper Green, Edinburgh, EH14 5EW.
- Saltire Motorcycles Ltd. Offering motorcycle rental, guided and self-guided tours. 553 Gorgie Road, Edinburgh, EH11 3XX.
- Scenic Routes Providing bespoke, chauffeured, tours of the Highlands and Islands, visiting destinations chosen in line with your own personal interests and requirements.
- Scotland and More Forget the Sat Nav book an expert. Half day walking tours in Edinburgh or explore further afield in a luxury vehicle with driver. 18/3 Powderhall Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4GB.
- Scotland History Tours Bruce Fummey is a former teacher, a history enthusiast and stand-up comedian, who has a passion for showing people round Scotland and telling it's story.
- Scotland Individual Tours Tailor made holidays, travel and accommodation. 1 Coastguard Buildings, Catterline, Stonehaven, AB39 2UL.
- Scotland Itinerary Planning Are you looking to plan your vacations to Scotland? I create a custom made itinerary for the ultimate Scotland experience.
- SCOTLAND: The Big Picture's Rewilding Journeys Offering small group retreats which are a carefully crafted blend of learning, inspiration and fun. Rewilding Journeys allow guests to spend time in wild nature, discovering and learning about pioneering rewilding projects that are fighting back for nature.
- Scottish Clans and Castles Guided tours, castle accommodation, clan lands research. The Old Stables, Househill, Nairn, IV12 5RY.
- Scottish Cycling Holidays Self-led, tailor-made and supported tours . 87 Perth Street, Blairgowrie, PH10 6DT.
- Scottish Driver Guides Discover the magic of Scotland with professionally qualified Scottish Tourist Guides, specialising in taking individuals, small groups and families on private, tailor-made tours all over the country.
- Scottish Guided Tours specialise in exclusive, fun and relaxed private tours for your family, friends or travelling companions. Choose a pre-planned tour or let us create a bespoke tour that matches your time frame and interests.
- Scottish Loch Ness Tours Sightseeing tours to Loch Ness and the Scottish Highlands.
- Scottish Terrier Tours Offering small personal tours of Scotland for 1-6 people.
- Scottish Tourist Guides Association The STGA promotes the highest quality and standards in tourist guiding.
- Scottish Tours 65 tours per week and 11 great itineraries, from Edinburgh and Glasgow. 6 Albert Road, Renfrew, PA4 8ET.
- Scottish Whisky Tours Ronnie Berri offers customised whisky tours around Scotland and whisky tastings for individuals or small groups in private venues. 12 Oxgangs Farm Loan, Edinburgh, EH13 9QD.
- Secret Safaris Personalised Landrover tours anywhere in Scotland. Fireach, Old Ferry Road, Onich, Fort William, PH33 6SA.
- Secret Scotland Self drive tours of Scotland.
- See the Highlands! Private taxi tours of the Scottish Highlands. Distilleries, historic castles, Loch Ness, Isle of Skye, Applecross, the West Coast and more. Poppy Cottage, Main Street, Lochcarron, IV54 8YB.
- Serenity Scotland Experienced tour and package operator specialising in history, culture. 22/3 Duncan Street, Edinburgh, EH9 1SR.
- Skye Magical Tours Offering car tours around the stunning Isle of Skye and the West Coast of Scotland.
- Speyside Tours Whisky walks around Dufftown and the Speyside area. We can organise itineraries for parties coming to the area, including: whisky, walking, fishing, golfing, etc.
- Strachan Tours Private driver guided tours of Scotland for parties of 1-8 persons per vehicle, starting from around Dundee, St Andrews, Edinburgh or Glasgow. Airport transfers and golf trips can also be arranged.
- Surprising Scotland An inbound tour operator dealing with the Middle East, German and Russian markets. Room 2010, Prestwick Airport, KA9 2PL.
- Tartan Tours Scotland Offering private day or multi day tours for 1- 6 people, from Greater Glasgow, Clyde Valley and Ocean Terminal Greenock.
- Timberbush Tours Exclusive one, two and three day mini-coach tours tailor made just for you.
- Tour Skye Offering day and multi-day trips and bespoke private tours of Scotland from all of Scotland's major travel hubs.
- Touring Scotland Personalised tours for discerning travellers, with professional “Blue-Badge” driver-guides. 22 Donibristle Gardens, Dalgety Bay, KY11 9NQ.
- UK Bike Tours offer long distance cycling holidays in Scotland and beyond, that are about so much more than just riding a bike.
- Unique Tours Scotland Tailor-made escorted tours that take you where you want to go, when you want to go.
- Viajar por Escocia Tours around Scotland and walking tours in Edinburgh. 3 Old Fishmarket Close, Edinburgh, EH1 1RW.
- Walkers' Britain Choose from the best walking holidays - guided and self-guided - along some of the most famous routes in Scotland, along with cycling holidays that will get you right to the heart of the Scottish Highlands.
- West Coast Tours The west coast of Scotland offers a diverse landscape from cosmopolitan Glasgow to the serenity of Iona. Discover these landscapes with West Coast Tours.
- Wild Rose Escapes Helping you to experience and enjoy the best of what lies within the dramatic Highland landscapes: the people, the wildlife, the food and the relaxing pace of life.
- Wild Scotland The Scottish wildlife and nature tour operators association. Thistle House, Beechwood Park North, Inverness, IV2 3ED.
- WOW Scotland Tours An independent tour guiding, hiking and outdoor activity business located in Inverness.