A guided tour of Scotland? I provide driver-guided, personalized, private
tours for families, couples and small groups of up to 8 passengers.
I can tailor-make sightseeing itineraries
from just a few hours in duration to 2 weeks, including city tours, day trips,
Highland multi-day tours and Island hopping. I offer a flexible approach to
touring which can incorporate the places you want to visit with the sights I
recommend as 'must sees'! Check my website for sample itineraries to inspire
you: Stirling, St Andrews, Oban, Loch Ness, the Isle of Skye, the Borders,
Orkney, whisky distilleries and our history-rich cities are some of the many
fascinating locations that can be visited. All my tours are conducted in a
relaxed, no rush, but informative manner and as your friendly, experienced and
knowledgeable driver and guide, I promise that I will show you the
off-the-beaten-track Scotland that the tour buses cannot reach! Contact: Greg
Kain. Tel: +44 (0)141 882 3696. Mobile: +44 (0)7791 579 573.
WWW: www.guidedtoursofscotland.com or visit Guided Tours of Scotland on: Facebook
Absolute Escapes |
Self-Drive Holidays in Scotland. Established in Edinburgh in 2004, we are award-winning
specialists in self-drive holidays in Scotland.
The Absolute Escapes team have turned our love of exploring
Scotland into our day job. Whether you'd like to visit our iconic sites like Glencoe and the
Isle of Skye or get off-the-beaten-track to secret islands and hidden glens - we've ‘been there
and done it’, and we know exactly where to find the best accommodation, the finest food and drink,
and how to turn your experience into an unforgettable one. We will listen carefully to your needs
and build an itinerary that’s woven around your interests and budget, using our first-hand local
knowledge to make sure the logistics work. When dreams are big and time is precious, our
meticulous planning makes the most of every moment. Keep discovering with Absolute Escapes. Tel:
+44 (0) 131 610 1210.
Afternoon Tea Tours, 33 Cramond Road North, Edinburgh, EH4
6LY. Explore Edinburgh and Scotland with Helen Fraser as your private
tour guide. Afternoon Tea Tours are suitable for the single traveller, couple
or small group wishing a personal guided tour for a day or longer. The tours
are relaxed, friendly and fun and leave you with wonderful memories of your
visit to Scotland. In addition to the original Afternoon Tea Tour taking you to
Lauriston Castle, Cramond Village, Rosslyn Chapel and ending with a wonderful
afternoon tea at Cringletie Hotel... Helen has added many new tours to her
itinerary. These include The Chocolate Lovers Tour, The Distillery and Lunch
Tour, The Scottish Aviation Tour and many more... For further details and
client testimonials visit Helen's website, linked below or contact: Helen
Fraser, Tel: 07873 211 856.
Hop and Thistle Tours,
Clyde Offices: 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Join Hop and Thistle Tours for a
a seven day, all inclusive, luxury walking holiday beside and around beautiful Loch Ness.
Enjoy 7 nights in a luxury lodge in the Highlands, with all accommodation, meals and transport included.
We will spend time walking on the wonderful South Loch Ness Trail, which combines a varied landscape
of valleys and wild woodland and takes in a few summits and some magnificent views. We'll take
time to immerse ourselves in the wilderness, to enjoy the beauty of the great outdoors and, if we
are lucky, catch a glimpse of the local wildlife too. In addition, we've built into our itinerary
an interesting selection of visits to local attractions, including Culloden Battlefield, Dalmore
Distillery and a wildlife cruise. We've included stops for lunch at a great selection of gourmet
restaurants and live music some evenings to entertain you. Hop and Thistle Tours is committed to
giving you an authentic Scottish experience and a holiday that you will remember for a lifetime.
For further details and a full itinerary, visit the website linked below or Tel: +44 (0)7542 274119.
St Hilda Sea Adventures - Scottish Cruises: St Hilda Sea Adventures provides small ship
cruising and wildlife holiday on the beautiful west coast of Scotland in the Inner and Outer Hebrides;
an unforgettable adventure for all ages! Each voyage is a unique holiday experience, with your own
onboard skipper and cook. The small cruise ships anchor in the most sheltered, idyllic places where
passengers can visit distilleries, world famous islands such as St Kilda, Isle of Skye, Mull, Jura,
Islay, Staffa and Iona, watch the wildlife, go fishing or swim in the sea lochs. Dolphins, porpoises,
basking sharks, otters, and many species of birds are regularly seen and even the occasional Minke
whale. Guests can choose to join St Hilda (maximum 6 passengers), Seahorse II (maximum 11 passengers)
or Gemini Explorer (maximum 7 passengers). St Hilda is a traditional, wooden ex-Tall Ship. Seahorse
II is an ex-Norwegian Ferry. Gemini Explorer is an ex-Cruising Lifeboat. All three ships have been
converted to cruise the western islands of Scotland in comfort and style. Tel:+44(0)1776810802/
Magical Tours. Based in Kyle of Lochalsh, next to the Skye bridge, Skye
Magical Tours provides tours, taxis, transfer and pickup services from anywhere
in Scotland. Driver Brian has over 30 years experience and an excellent
knowledge of all things Scottish. He can tell of wildlife, scenery, local myths
and legends and knows the places to visit to give you the best tour experience
whether just for a couple of hours or for a whole day. Whether you want to see
the fairy pools, enjoy a dram at Talisker distillery, visit Neist point
lighthouse, Dunvegan Castle or Eilean Donan Castle, Brian will take you there.
And, if there is somewhere else you have always wanted to go, he can take you
there too. All tours use a Scottish Blue 6 seater with a glass panoramic
sunroof. Rates are £7 per person per hour with a minimum of 2 per tour.
For 3 persons plus, the rate is reduced to £6 per person per hour.
Contact: Brian, Tel: 07951 190 886.
34 Reform Street, Tayport, DD6 9HX. Enjoy a guided Tour of Scotland exclusively for you.
We'll pick you up directly from your hotel, airport or cruise ship port and lead you on a journey
of amazement from there. Choose from a range of tours including shore excursions shown on our website
or request a custom itinerary. Experience the best of Scotland by visiting some fabulous places such
as Loch Ness, the Highlands, Glencoe, Stirling, St Andrews, etc. with opportunity to incorporate
visits to some extraordinary attractions such as one of our many whisky distilleries and/or historic
and majestic castles, ancient ruins, golf links, lochs and glens and much, much more. Vehicles are
modern, comfortable and spacious and suitable for 1-8 persons. Paul Strachan, owner and experienced
driver guide, will ensure you experience the splendour of Scotland in relaxing style. For more
information and detailed itineraries, please visit website below or contact us via the email link.
E-mail: via our online form
Tasting Scotland Gourmet Journeys & Events.
Owned and operated by Brenda Anderson, Scotland's Ambassador for the World Food Travel Association,
Tasting Scotland is the country's leading, award-winning luxury food and drink tour specialists.
Day Tours, Short Breaks or Vacations, perfect for both locals and visitors are all customisable
to suit your taste. Behind-the-scenes insights from Scotland’s world-class food and drink artisans,
a chance to blend your own whisky to take home, take a Scottish cooking masterclass, lift langoustine
and crab creels off a remote Scottish island with a lifelong fisherman, forage for nature's bounty.
Expert-guided or Self-Drive. Combines cultural must visit attractions and locations. Michelin star
dining and more. Whatever your taste your wish is our command! Customised Tasting Tours or Events
for businesses can also be arranged. Tasting Scotland……creating memories for those with discerning
taste. Tel: +44 (0)141 239 4907. Mobile: +44 (0)7974 212 529.
Walk Wild Scotland: Walking Holidays in Scotland's Secret Places.
Walk Wild invite you to step into nature, connect and let go on one of their small group walking holidays.
Join them on an exploration of beautiful and remote landscapes in the Scottish
Highlands & Islands where you'll discover wildlife, history and culture in the great outdoors with friendly
guides and likeminded travelling companions. Choose a scheduled walking holiday, like our Scotland's Southern
Highlands Tour, and walk the famous West Highland Way. Graded easy to moderate, the daily walks are taken at
a leisurely pace with breaks for lunch and a pinic and maybe a pub stop en-route back to our guest house base.
Join the company of an all women hiking group for a Hebridean journey of easy walking on beautiful Mull, Iona
and Arran along Scotland's Atlantic coast or to discover Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park's magnificent
landscapes. Or for those with only a single day to spare, why not take a day tour with us? Choose hiking Ben
A’an and the Trossachs or combine a hike to see a waterfall with a boat ride to one of Scotland's oldest inns.
Groups are limited to a maximum of 8. For further information and other multi and single day tour options,
visit our website or Tel: +44 (0)1360 870476.
Wild Eskdale, Buccleuch Mill, Langholm, DG13 0ES.
Offering a range of wonderful wildlife experiences and tours, Wild Eskdale is based in the
village of Langholm, surrounded by hills, rivers and valleys, in the beautiful southern uplands
of Dumfries and Galloway. We offer half-day and full-day itineries lasting 4 or 8
hours and visiting Langholm Moor where we will be searching for birds of prey such as hen harriers,
short eared owls, merlin, peregrine falcon, kestrel and maybe even a golden eagle. We will aim to
spot plenty of other wildlife, including wild goats, roe deer, brown hare, stonechat and more. Tarras
Water, a stream that cuts its way through the moor, also provides a home for dippers, pied flycatchers
and grey wagtail. In late March and April we also offer a black grouse lek experience which can be added
to an half or full day tour; though this is not for the faint-hearted as it requires a 5am start! And
for those who have a specific species you would like to see, we can put together a bespoke itinery just
for you. For further information, visit our website or Tel: +44 7864 643213.
Your Scotland Tour: Custom,
Guide Driven, Tours of Scotland. Go wherever you want, see whatever you choose on a Your
Scotland Tour. Stay in the best accommocation, enjoy great Scottish food, see castles that no tour
buses can get to, enjoy solitude on empty beaches or experience the distillery tour only we can arrange!
Your Scotland Tour works closely with clients to meet their expectations and budget. All aspects of your
tour are arranged just for you and your group, to your own schedule, to be completely relaxed and hassle
free. You'll be escorted in modern, air conditioned luxury vehicles by professional, knowledgable guides
throughout. If castles, golf or whisky are your thing, we can build those into your tour. We also offer
city tours and cruise ship excursions to help short stay visitors make the most of your time in Scotland.
Just let us know what you really love in the world and we'll work with you to make Your Scotland Dreams a
reality! Contact Ross Shand. Tel: +44 1561 365 131. Mobile: +44 7789 502 048.
The tour operators listed here offer tours in more than one area of Scotland, or across all of it. Tour guides who operate in just one area appear in the relevant area "Local Attractions" list.
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
- Absolute Escapes Ltd. Specialists in tailor-made independent walking holidays. 24 Forth Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LH.
- Afternoon Tea Tours Spend a special afternoon that will leave you with wonderful memories of an unforgettable Scottish experience. Tours offered in and around Edinburgh or further afield.
- Amazing Days Scotland Kilted chauffeur-guided packages. West Hillhead, Farm Road, Kilmarnock, KA3 1PH.
- Backpackertours Budget adventure/skiing tours throughout Scotland for the 18 to 30 age group.
- Back-Roads Touring Co. Ltd Specialists in small group travel and interesting itineraries.
- Blubale Walking tour around Edinburgh that features the history and most important landmarks of the city. Suitable for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Bobbys Bus Tours and sightseeing in a 16 seater mini coach with Inverness-based Bobby's Bus.
- Borders Journeys Offering guided tours of the Borders and Dumfriesshire.
- Bruce's Highland Tours Offering personalised tours of Scotland's Highlands and Islands. Dorlin, Cameron Road, Fort William, PH33 6LG.
- C-N-Do Scotland Guided and Independent walking holidays throughout the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Small groups, grand walking and great fun with quality guides and attention to detail. Award winning Gold Green Tourism business ensures sustainable, environmentally sensitive experiences, created with care. Tel: +44 (0)1786 445 703.
- Cameron Tours of Scotland Small group travel throughout Scotland. 16 Dovecot Wynd, Dunfermline, KY11 8SY.
- Capercaillie Escapes Creating bespoke self-drive itineraries for both groups and individuals, from anything from a few days to a few weeks right across Scotland.
- Tour with Celia Celia Ffitch-Stewart is a fully qualified and insured driver-guide based near Inverness. Tours tailored to your requirements. 'Chanonry Point', 22 Ness Road, Fortrose, IV10 8SD.
- Celtic Trails Jackie Queally's historical and cultural tours and trails. Rosslyn Chapel included on many itineraries. 22E Station Road, Roslin, EH25 9LR.
- Celtic Trails Walking Holidays Walking holiday specialists providing expert personalised holiday planning.
- Classique Coaches Luxury coach tours.
- Discover Highlands is a private tour company based in Inverness.
- Discreet Scotland Private guided tours. 69 Stuart Park, Edinburgh, EH12 8YE.
- Drams Scotland Private Tours Offering private guided tours anywhere in Scotland.
- Drymen Red Bus Co. Minibus private hire around Glasgow and the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park including guided sightseeing tours. High Auchmar, Drymen, G63 0AG.
- Morag Dunbar, Scottish Tour Guide Accompanied tours tailor-made to your requirements.
- Eat Walk Edinburgh Enjoy a walking tour through the Old and New Towns of Edinburgh dropping into restaurants, bars and shops enjoying some of their signature dishes, as well as sampling wines and malt whisky.
- Edinburgh Cab Tours Offering guided sightseeing tours throughout Scotland.
- Experience Portree Portree walking tours and experiences giving a taste of life on the island.
- Experienced Tours Private Scottish tour guide specialising in tours from Edinburgh.
- Explore Mull Hop on a boat for 2-6 hours, travel by motor or sail and cruise the Sound of Mull viewing all the fantastic scenery the Sound has to offer.
- G & C Touring Professional STGA guide Christa and experienced driver Gordon - husband and wife team - offer tours throughout Scotland in a modern and comfortable people carrier for up to 6 passengers. German and French spoken.
- Glascotours Offering private and customised bespoke Scottish tours from Glasgow, Greenock and West Central Scotland.
- Glen Discovery Freelance tour guide, anywhere in Scotland, but particularly Highland historical tours.
- Glenlivet Wildlife Off road Land Rover safaris, guided walks, hide sessions and wildlife holidays in the Cairngorms National Park. Easter Corrie, Tomnavoulin, Glenlivet, Ballindalloch, AB37 9JB.
- Go Scotland Tours Offering sightseeing and private tours from Edinburgh and Glasgow to Loch Ness, Stirling Castle, Oban, Skye, the Highlands, plus others.
- Go Skye! Offering frequent shuttle buses and tours to the famous beauty spots of the Fairy Pools, the Quiraing, the Old Man of Storr and the Fairy Glen.
- Grand UK Holidays Offering coach tours and trips around scenic Scotland for travelers over 55.
- Great Rail Journeys UK-based operator offering the widest selection of holidays by rail with over 300 individual rail tours to more than 40 countries, including Scotland.
- Guvnors Moray Tours Offering tours of Moray and Scotland more widely. 30 Hill Street, Elgin, IV30 1AL.
- The Hairy Coo Award-winning tour operator offering 1, 3 and 5 day tours of Scotland from Edinburgh.
- Happy Tours Offering Inverness city centre walking tours and tours around the Scottish Highlands. See website for details.
- Heartland Travel Offering a range of half day, full day, three day or private tours across Loch Ness and the Highlands, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs or the Isle of Skye. Davidson Street, Stirling, FK7 0ND.
- Highland Discovery Tours Working out of Inverness and Invergordon, Highland Discovery Tours offer tours of the Highlands for groups of 5 to 8 People.
- The Hebridean Explorer Day tours from Inverness to the Isle of Skye including Eilean Donan Castle.
- Highland Personal Development Photography Tours Tours covering a wide range of locations and topics. For individuals, pairs or couples. Optional personal development, relationship and/or photography mentoring and guiding.
- Highland Scenic Tours Offering day and half-day sightseeing tours around Fort William, Glen Coe and the West Coast peninsula.
- Highland Tours Private guided tours covering the Highlands of Scotland. We ensure visitors see the very best including the hidden gems. 37 Inshes Mews, Wester Inshes, Inverness, IV2 5HY.
- Highland Tours Perthshire provide personalised tours visiting castles, distilleries, sights and more all over Scotland.
- Highlands of Scotland Tour Guide Association An Association of self employed tour guides, based in Inverness but covering all of the Highlands.
- Invergordon Shore Excursions Offering small group, family and private shore excursions from Invergordon and Inverness. Pine Lodge, Kindeace Highland Lodges, Kindeace, Invergordon, IV 18 0LL.
- Island Encounter Wildlife Safaris on the Isle of Mull. Arla Beag, Aros, Isle of Mull, PA72 6JS.
- Island Trails Tour operator and guide. Bigton, Shetland, ZE2 9JA.
- Jura Island Tours Join Jura Island Tours for a relaxed bus tour incorporating everything past and present on this spectacular island. There is plenty to see and do and there will be many opportunities to photograph the fantastic wildlife and amazing coastal views.
- John Leask & Son Travel Agents and Tour Operators. Esplanade, Lerwick, Shetland, ZE1 OLL.
- Links Golf St Andrews Customised golf tours. 7 Pilmour Links, St Andrews, KY16 9JG.
- Loyd & Townsend Rose Travel Consultants offering luxury travel experiences.
- Make Tracks Walking Holidays Worry free walking in the Borders and throughout Scotland. 26 Forbes Road, Edinburgh, EH10 4ED.
- McKinlay Kidd Tour Operator Award-winning tailormade self-drive and self-guided holidays throughout Scotland including the Hebrides, Orkney and Shetland. Suite 240, Baltic Chambers, 50 Wellington Street, Glasgow, G2 6HJ.
- Minicoach Tours (Scotland) Ltd. Comfortable 16 seat mini coach for private hire and tours of Scotland. Fountain View, Station Road, Howwood, PA9 1BQ.
- Mini Tours Scotland Unique personal guided driver tours of Scotland for up to 8 peopl. 14 Kenmure Avenue, Willowbrae, Edinburgh, EH8 7HD.
- John Muir Trust Activities and Conservation Programme Activity trips in Scotland run by the John Muir Trust.
- Munro Highland Tours Highlander George Munro offers a range of tours taking in castles, gardens, whisky, historical sites, wildlife, gentle walks and more.
- National Holidays Coach trips and holidays to Scotland.
- Nor'west Tours & Go-Ookney Guided small-group tours in the Northern Highlands of Scotland and the Orkney Islands. 30 Culduthel Road, Inverness, IV2 4AP.
- OOR Tours OOR Tours is the only musical tour of Edinburgh. Native Edinburgh man Graeme E. Pearson is your guide, with stories and songs relating to key events that took place on or around The Royal Mile with stops at some well chosen pubs.
- Orkney Tourist Guides Association Qualified Orkney Tourist Guides offering a range of Orkney tours.
- Outlander: The Past Lives Experience One, two, four and six day private Outlander Themed Tours for up to two people.
- Private Driver Scotland A luxury tour operator and chauffeur company based next to Edinburgh Airport, specialising in luxury tours, whisky tours, golf tours and heritage tours.
- Private Outlander Tours Edinburgh Private tours of Outlander film locations in Scotland, including Doune Castle, Falkland, Blackness Castle and Linlithgow Palace.
- Rabbie's Tours Scotland 1-17 day small group tours of Scotland. Departures from Edinburgh, Glasgow and Inverness. Travel with up to 16 people led by a local guide.
- Rob Roy Tours Ltd. Walking and Cultural Tours. 630 Lanark Road, Juniper Green, Edinburgh, EH14 5EW.
- Roundabout Shetland Discover the many treasures and delights of our rugged islands in the company of a professionally qualified local tour guide on one of our half-day, whole-day, and multi-day guided tours.
- Saltire Motorcycles Ltd. Offering motorcycle rental, guided and self-guided tours. 553 Gorgie Road, Edinburgh, EH11 3XX.
- Scenic Routes Providing bespoke, chauffeured, tours of the Highlands and Islands, visiting destinations chosen in line with your own personal interests and requirements.
- Scotland and More Forget the Sat Nav book an expert. Half day walking tours in Edinburgh or explore further afield in a luxury vehicle with driver. 18/3 Powderhall Road, Edinburgh, EH7 4GB.
- Scotland Castle Tours Edinburgh based tour guide for visitors to Scotland specialising in the Russian speaking market.
- Scotland History Tours Bruce Fummey is a former teacher, a history enthusiast and stand-up comedian, who has a passion for showing people round Scotland and telling it's story.
- Scotland Individual Tours Tailor made holidays, travel and accommodation. 1 Coastguard Buildings, Catterline, Stonehaven, AB39 2UL.
- Scotline Coach Tours Edinburgh Luxury Bus Tours, scenic tours around Scotland. 87 High Street, Royal Mile, Edinburgh, E11 1SG.
- Scottish Clans and Castles Guided tours, castle accommodation, clan lands research. The Old Stables, Househill, Nairn, IV12 5RY.
- Scottish Cycling Holidays Self-led, tailor-made and supported tours . 87 Perth Street, Blairgowrie, PH10 6DT.
- Scottish Driver Guides Discover the magic of Scotland with professionally qualified Scottish Tourist Guides, specialising in taking individuals, small groups and families on private, tailor-made tours all over the country.
- Scottish Terrier Tours Offering small personal tours of Scotland for 1-6 people.
- Scottish Tourist Guides Association The STGA promotes the highest quality and standards in tourist guiding.
- Scottish Tours 65 tours per week and 11 great itineraries, from Edinburgh and Glasgow. 6 Albert Road, Renfrew, PA4 8ET.
- Scottish Whisky Tours Ronnie Berri offers customised whisky tours around Scotland and whisky tastings for individuals or small groups in private venues. 12 Oxgangs Farm Loan, Edinburgh, EH13 9QD.
- Secret Safaris Personalised Landrover tours anywhere in Scotland. Fireach, Old Ferry Road, Onich, Fort William, PH33 6SA.
- See the Highlands! Private taxi tours of the Scottish Highlands. Distilleries, historic castles, Loch Ness, Isle of Skye, Applecross, the West Coast and more. Poppy Cottage, Main Street, Lochcarron, IV54 8YB.
- Serenity Scotland Experienced tour and package operator specialising in history, culture. 22/3 Duncan Street, Edinburgh, EH9 1SR.
- Shearings Holidays Offering coach holidays to Scotland from England and Wales, Shearings also own 11 hotels across Scotland.
- Skye Magical Tours Offering car tours around the stunning Isle of Skye and the West Coast of Scotland.
- Speyside Tours Whisky walks around Dufftown and the Speyside area. We can organise itineraries for parties coming to the area, including: whisky, walking, fishing, golfing, etc.
- Strachan Tours Private driver guided tours of Scotland for parties of 1-8 persons per vehicle, starting from around Dundee, St Andrews, Edinburgh or Glasgow. Airport transfers and golf trips can also be arranged.
- Surprising Scotland An inbound tour operator dealing with the Middle East, German and Russian markets. Room 2010, Prestwick Airport, KA9 2PL.
- Timberbush Tours Exclusive one, two and three day mini-coach tours tailor made just for you.
- Tour Guide Scotland Gordon Tait is a fully qualified member of the Scottish Tourist Guides Association and member of the International Association of Tour Managers.
- Tour Skye Offering day and multi-day trips and bespoke private tours of Scotland from all of Scotland's major travel hubs.
- Touring Scotland Personalised tours for discerning travellers, with professional Blue-Badge driver-guides. 22 Donibristle Gardens, Dalgety Bay, KY11 9NQ.
- Unique Tours Scotland Tailor-made escorted tours that take you where you want to go, when you want to go.
- Unicorn Tours Offering 50+ spectacular personalised, flexible small group adventure tours and routes all over Scotland. 42 Bridge Terrace, Alloa, FK10 1HY.
- Viajar por Escocia Tours around Scotland and walking tours in Edinburgh. 3 Old Fishmarket Close, Edinburgh, EH1 1RW.
- West Coast Tours The west coast of Scotland offers a diverse landscape from cosmopolitan Glasgow to the serenity of Iona. Discover these landscapes with West Coast Tours.
- Wild Rose Escapes Helping you to experience and enjoy the best of what lies within the dramatic Highland landscapes: the people, the wildlife, the food and the relaxing pace of life.
- Wild Scotland The Scottish wildlife and nature tour operators association. Thistle House, Beechwood Park North, Inverness, IV2 3ED.
- WOW Scotland Tours An independent tour guiding, hiking and outdoor activity business located in Inverness.