Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Walking and Climbing. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of Blair Castle in Perthshire, the ancient seat of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl; and a view of the Forth Bridge, or Forth Rail Bridge, the eighth wonder of the world when built, and still magnificent.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Barry Mill is an extremely rare example of a working water-powered oatmeal mill. It is powered by the water of the Barry Burn, better known for forming an obstacle on the famous Carnoustie Golf Links a short distance downstream. Barry Mill is fully functional and milling demonstrations take place, particularly on Sunday afternoons or for pre-booked groups. At other times the mechanism may be working though not milling and the resident miller gives guided tours. ( More ...)
On This Day
28 June 1146: A service of dedication is held in the abbey church at Melrose Abbey, which would take another 50 years to complete in its entirety.
For the Safety of All: A Story of Scotland's Lighthouses by Donald S Murray (28 April 2022).
Lighthouses punctuate Scotland’s coastline. They have been a lifeline for seafarers at the mercy of treacherous weather and uncertain
navigation. Donald S Murray explores Scotland’s lighthouses through history, storytelling and the voices of the lightkeepers: from
ancient beacons to the work of the Stevensons and the Northern Lighthouse Board, and from wartime strife to automation and preservation.
Read our full review.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is the WW2 thriller The Stockholm Run.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with Celtic Routes on great routes with stunning hotels.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- First Mortgage Scotland's leading mortgage advisors, providing fee-free and impartial mortgage advice.
- Search over 60,000 Last Minute Cottages in Scotland with great last-minute deals.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Sykes Holiday Cottages, providing a great choice of self-catering accommodation throughout Scotland.
- Welcome to Fort William: A place to relax and to play. Plan your visit at fortwilliam.co.uk
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Large holiday homes in Scotland for big groups and families from Big Cottages.