Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Limousine and Taxi Hire. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are a view of the busy harbour at Burghead in Moray; and the magnificent blind arches on the exterior of the chancel and apse of Leuchars Parish Church in the village of Leuchars in Fife.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The island of Ulva lies just off Mull's deeply indented west coast and is bounded by Loch Tuath on its north side and Loch na Keil on its south side. Ulva measures, at its greatest extent, some 5 miles from east to west, and a maximum of 2½ miles from north to south. Immediately to the west of Ulva is the island of Gometra, separated from it by a narrow inlet that can be crossed at high tide by a bridge and at low tide by the tidal beach. ( More ...)
On This Day
20 March 687: The death on Inner Farne Island of St Cuthbert, the a monk, bishop and hermit regarded as the patron saint of northern England.
20 March 1936: The death in Buenos Aires of Robert Cunninghame Graham, the socialist politician who became the first president of the Scottish National Party.
Eyes Turned Skywards by Ken Lussey (31 May 2018).
Wing Commander Robert Sutherland has left his days as a pre-war detective far behind him. Or so he thinks. On 25 August 1942 the Duke of Kent, brother
of King George VI, is killed in northern Scotland in an unexplained air crash; a second crash soon after suggests a shared, possibly sinister, cause.
Bob Sutherland is tasked with visiting the aircraft's base in Oban and the first crash site in Caithness to gather clues as to who might have had reason
to sabotage one, or both, of the aircraft.
Read our full review.
- Take a look at our suggestions for the top four driving roads in Scotland including Applecross.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- A great range of self catering castles and large holiday homes in Scotland with Scotts Castle Holidays.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- A fantastic selection of hand-picked cottages in Scotland by Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- If you want to travel to Scotland, a European Health Insurance Card is the first step.
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two large holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Small group and private tours of Scotland in comfort and luxury with Your Scotland Tour.
- If you’re looking for a cheap parcel courier, this service is the one for you.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Hop and Thistle Tours provide all-inclusive luxury walking holidays along the South Loch Ness Trail.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Year round self catering accommodation in the Cairngorms National Park.