Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Watersports. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of Loch nan Uamh near Lochailort on the beautiful Road to the Isles; and the original Inverlochy Castle, a Historic Environment Scotland property just to the north of Fort William.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The Scottish Seabird Centre overlooks North Berwick harbour. Neither the design nor the location of the building are a coincidence. From many angles the roofline is very reminiscent of a bird's wing, and the whole feel is of a building in harmony with its surroundings. The location gives views out to the islands of Fidra, Craigleith, Bass Rock and, on a clear day, the Isle of May, whose avian residents are a large part of why the centre is here. ( More ...)
On This Day
25 June 1886: The Crofters Holding Act, sometimes called the "Magna Carta of Gaeldom", is passed, protecting the tenure of crofters.
26 June 1695: The establishment by an Act of the Scots Parliament of the "Company of Scotland Trading to Africa and the Indies," which is better known as the "Darien Company".
Eyes Turned Skywards by Ken Lussey (31 May 2018).
Wing Commander Robert Sutherland has left his days as a pre-war detective far behind him. Or so he thinks. On 25 August 1942 the Duke of Kent, brother
of King George VI, is killed in northern Scotland in an unexplained air crash; a second crash soon after suggests a shared, possibly sinister, cause.
Bob Sutherland is tasked with visiting the aircraft's base in Oban and the first crash site in Caithness to gather clues as to who might have had reason
to sabotage one, or both, of the aircraft.
Read our full review.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Year round self catering accommodation in the Cairngorms National Park.
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- If you want to travel to Scotland, a European Health Insurance Card is the first step.
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two large holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.