Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Campervan and Motorhome Hire. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of the Stones of Stenness, part of the Heart of Neolithic Orkney World Heritage Site on Orkney's West Mainland; and of Salisbury Crags and Arthur's Seat from Calton Hill in Edinburgh.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Raasay is a fascinating island for many reasons. One of its less well known attractions is a 1.5 metres high Pictish symbol stone carved with three distinct symbols standing just to the inland side of the single track coast road a short distance north of Raasay House. Its location is, unusually, not marked on the Ordnance Survey 1:50,000 map, but it is easy enough to spot as you pass, and it is possible to park nearby without causing an obstruction. ( More ...)
On This Day
17 May 1870: The death of David Octavius Hill, the artist who went on to help pioneer many aspects of photography in Scotland.
The Tick and the Tock of the Crocodile Clock by Kenny Boyle (3 May 2022).
An aspiring writer from the Southside of Glasgow, Wendy is in a rut. She tries to brighten her call-centre job by shoehorning as
many long words as possible into conversations with customers. But her manager isn’t amused by that and Wendy walks out. She finds
consolation in a surprise friendship with wild-child painter Cat. It’s just what Wendy needs. Kenny Boyle’s debut novel takes us deep
into the psyche of a likeable misfit who treads a fine line between reality and fantasy.
Read our full review.
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with Celtic Routes on great routes with stunning hotels.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- First Mortgage Scotland's leading mortgage advisors, providing fee-free and impartial mortgage advice.
- Search over 60,000 Last Minute Cottages in Scotland with great last-minute deals.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Sykes Holiday Cottages, providing a great choice of self-catering accommodation throughout Scotland.
- Welcome to Fort William: A place to relax and to play. Plan your visit at fortwilliam.co.uk
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Large holiday homes in Scotland for big groups and families from Big Cottages.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is the WW2 thriller The Stockholm Run.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com