- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
- Birlinn A range of books of Scottish interest, including books on history, archaeology, customs and traditions, travel and folklore, modern and classic Scottish poetry and fiction.
- Black and White Publishing A wide range of books of Scottish interest and beyond.
- Brown & Whittaker Publishing Publishers of walking guides and local history.
- Canongate Books Publishers of fiction based in Edinburgh.
- Carn Publishing Publish a selection of books with the main focus on Ayrshire
- Charles Tait Guide Books Guides to Orkney, Shetland, the Western Isles and Northern Scotland.
- Colin Baxter Many photographic books and guides, especially about Scotland.
- Enabler Publications Small publisher based in Eyemouth focusing on "Books to Feed the Mind and Spirit".
- Edinburgh University Press Wide range of academic titles including a number about Scottish history and archaeology, Scottish literature, and Scottish politics.
- Fledgling Press Edinburgh's Independent Publisher of fiction.
- The Grimsay Press The Grimsay Press publishes books (often reprints of long out of date reference works) of interest to family, local and social historians.
- Harvey Maps Publishers of maps for walkers, cyclists and horseriders.
- House of Lochar Based on Colonsay and covering history, topography, transport, literary works, art, poetry, the Gaelic language, Dalriada and the Western Isles.
- KEA Publishing Specialist publisher of aviation and Scottish interest books. 14 Flures Crescent, Erskine, PA8 7DJ.
- Luath Press Producers of books about Scotland and aspects of Scottish history. Committed to "publishing well written books worth reading".
- Ness Publishing Publishers of a series of regional, photographically illustrated books about Scotland.
- Pocket Mountains Publishers of the superb Pocket Mountains series of mountain walking guides.
- Rucksack Readers Publishers of a range of waterproof walkers guides, many about Scottish long distance walks.
- Stenlake Publishing A large range of books of old photographs of particular places in Scotland or particular aspects of Scotland's past.
- Whittles Publishing Independent publishing house based in Dunbeath, Caithness.
Publishers With a Range of Scottish Titles
- Cicerone Broad selection of guides to walking and mountains.
- Glennoe Publishing A new publisher dedicated to the publication of original, high quality, fiction and non-fiction books with Celtic themes.
- The History Press Previously "Tempus", publisher of a wide range of books on historical themes, including many collections of old photos. Good coverage of Scottish subjects.
- Lily Publications Isle of Man based publisher with a good range of Scottish interest books.
- Lonely Planet Needs no introduction: their huge range includes titles about Scotland.
- Rough Guides Needs no introduction: their huge range includes titles about Scotland.
- Shire Books Specialists in archeology, history and heritage subjects.