Absolute Escapes | Self-Guided Walking Holidays.
Established in Edinburgh in 2004, we are award-winning specialists in self-guided walking holidays
Our dedicated team are walkers ourselves, with a deep understanding
of the terrain, likely weather conditions, and level of technical difficulty of the trails we offer -
helping our customers find a walking route that’s as comfortable as a trusty pair of boots. We know
that after a hard day of walking, the promise of good food, good times and a comfortable bed make all
the difference. That’s why all of the accommodation we book and recommendations we provide are
extensively researched, reviewed, and regularly updated. Whether you’d like to experience the majestic
mountains of the West Highland Way or explore the quaint fishing villages of the Fife Coastal Path,
we’ll ensure that you have the ultimate experience on Scotland’s long-distance walking trails. Keep
discovering with Absolute Escapes. Tel: +44 (0) 131 610 1210.
E-mail: [email protected]
Scot Mountain Holidays, Fraoch Lodge, Deshar Road, Boat of
Garten, PH24 3BN. Green Tourism Gold Award Winner. Recommended by
responsibletravel.com, Scot Mountain Holidays offer mountain courses and
walking holidays into Scotland's great wilderness, from weekends to week long
trips and provide an unrivalled departure guarantee. There are no single
supplements and we can pick you up and drop you off at Aviemore station or
Inverness airport. Our qualified guides have an unrivalled knowledge of the
mountain environment and are experts on the Cairngorms National Park. Our
emphasis is on delivering on scenery, wildlife, meeting locals, having an
engaging experience and making memories that will last you a lifetime. From the
colossal forces that have shaped the Highlands, to fungal forays and the
specialized wildlife and conservation issues of our times, you're able to
experience the stunning Highland landscape to the full. We can also assist with
a logistical package to help you walk the Lairig Ghru, or point you in the
right direction with our self-guided mountain biking trips. You're quickly able
to feel at home and relax into your holiday. Whether you've been out learning
new skills or have just had a fantastic day's walking or cycling, you return to
meals with your hosts in front of a roaring fire. So why not come and enjoy a
complete adventure with us. Follow the Scot Mountain Holidays link below or
contact Rebecca Field. Tel: 01479 831331.
E-mail: [email protected]
Walking and Climbing Links
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
- Absolute Escapes Ltd. Specialists in tailor-made independent walking holidays. 24 Forth Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LH.
- AMS Scotland Limited Baggage carrier service to walkers on the West Highland and Great Glen Ways.
- Fellwalker An excellent resource for hillwalkers in Britain including free software to download, a number of good routes to walk, info for new or foreign walkers and a query service.
- Killin Outdoor Centre and Mountain Shop We hire out canoes, kayaks, mountain bikes, snowshoes, ice axes, crampons, child carriers and hiking poles. We have a good stock of outdoor equipment and boots from well named brands plus a stock of cycling equipment and clothing. Dreadnought Place, Main Street, Killin, FK21 8UJ.
- North-East Mountain Trust The principal aim of the North-East Mountain Trust is to co-ordinate and promote public awareness for these unique areas.
- Climbing in Orkney This site is designed as a guide to the climbing potential of the sandstone sea-stacks and sea cliffs found around the islands of Orkney.
- ScottishCamping.com A directory of all the campsites and caravan parks in Scotland.
- The Great Outdoors Covers all of the issues and articles in the well known magazine plus blogs, video and photo galleries, and interactive maps and tools.
- University of Manchester Hiking Club A wide range of information about hiking and hillwalking, including in Scotland.
- Walk Highlands Free, detailed walk descriptions with GPS waypoints, maps and photos across the Highlands of Scotland.
- Walking Forum Forum for discussing all aspects of country walking & hiking in the UK with boards for general chat, gear, long distance trails, and UK walking destinations.