Absolute Escapes | Self-Guided Walking Holidays.
Established in Edinburgh in 2004, we are award-winning specialists in self-guided walking holidays
Our dedicated team are walkers ourselves, with a deep understanding
of the terrain, likely weather conditions, and level of technical difficulty of the trails we offer -
helping our customers find a walking route that’s as comfortable as a trusty pair of boots. We know
that after a hard day of walking, the promise of good food, good times and a comfortable bed make all
the difference. That’s why all of the accommodation we book and recommendations we provide are
extensively researched, reviewed, and regularly updated. Whether you’d like to experience the majestic
mountains of the West Highland Way or explore the quaint fishing villages of the Fife Coastal Path,
we’ll ensure that you have the ultimate experience on Scotland’s long-distance walking trails. Keep
discovering with Absolute Escapes. Tel: +44 (0) 131 610 1210.
CNDo Scotland Walking and Hiking Tours, 33 Stirling Enterprise
Park, Stirling, FK7 7RP. Relax, de-stress and discover the diversity of
Scotland's natural heritage and landscape with a CNDo Scotland walking tour or
course. Enjoy excellent food and accommodation, the camaraderie of a small
group of like minded travellers and the support of one of our qualified walking
leaders on one of our range of classic tours. From the challenges of Scotland's
long distance trails or classic mountain routes to one of our Highlands and
Islands discovery tours you'll find something to suit all tastes and abilities.
Join one of our series of scheduled holidays or ask us to put together a
package just for you. For groups of 6 or more we can deliver one of our trails
at a time to suit you or provide a bespoke team-building or charity fundraising
challenge. And if you'd like to guide yourself, we can even arrange that too,
by giving you a choice of walking, other activities and accommodation, all
pre-booked for you to arrive and enjoy. For further details see our website or
Tel/Fax: +44 (0) 1786 445703.
Hop and Thistle Tours,
Clyde Offices: 48 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 1BP. Join Hop and Thistle Tours for a
a seven day, all inclusive, luxury walking holiday beside and around beautiful Loch Ness.
Enjoy 7 nights in a luxury lodge in the Highlands, with all accommodation, meals and transport included.
We will spend time walking on the wonderful South Loch Ness Trail, which combines a varied landscape
of valleys and wild woodland and takes in a few summits and some magnificent views. We'll take
time to immerse ourselves in the wilderness, to enjoy the beauty of the great outdoors and, if we
are lucky, catch a glimpse of the local wildlife too. In addition, we've built into our itinerary
an interesting selection of visits to local attractions, including Culloden Battlefield, Dalmore
Distillery and a wildlife cruise. We've included stops for lunch at a great selection of gourmet
restaurants and live music some evenings to entertain you. Hop and Thistle Tours is committed to
giving you an authentic Scottish experience and a holiday that you will remember for a lifetime.
For further details and a full itinerary, visit the website linked below or Tel: +44 (0)7542 274119.
Scot Mountain Holidays, Fraoch Lodge, Deshar Road, Boat of
Garten, PH24 3BN. Green Tourism Gold Award Winner. Recommended by
responsibletravel.com, Scot Mountain Holidays offer mountain courses and
walking holidays into Scotland's great wilderness, from weekends to week long
trips and provide an unrivalled departure guarantee. There are no single
supplements and we can pick you up and drop you off at Aviemore station or
Inverness airport. Our qualified guides have an unrivalled knowledge of the
mountain environment and are experts on the Cairngorms National Park. Our
emphasis is on delivering on scenery, wildlife, meeting locals, having an
engaging experience and making memories that will last you a lifetime. From the
colossal forces that have shaped the Highlands, to fungal forays and the
specialized wildlife and conservation issues of our times, you're able to
experience the stunning Highland landscape to the full. We can also assist with
a logistical package to help you walk the Lairig Ghru, or point you in the
right direction with our self-guided mountain biking trips. You're quickly able
to feel at home and relax into your holiday. Whether you've been out learning
new skills or have just had a fantastic day's walking or cycling, you return to
meals with your hosts in front of a roaring fire. So why not come and enjoy a
complete adventure with us. Follow the Scot Mountain Holidays link below or
contact Rebecca Field. Tel: 01479 831331.
Walking and Climbing Links
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
- Absolute Escapes Ltd. Specialists in tailor-made independent walking holidays. 24 Forth Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3LH.
- AMS Scotland Limited Baggage carrier service to walkers on the West Highland and Great Glen Ways.
- Climb the Munros Advice for anyone wishing to climb any of the Munros, offering lots of routes and tips from other members in the Munro community.
- C-N-Do Scotland Ltd. Walking holidays in the Scottish Highlands and Hebrides, Orkney and St Kilda. West Highland Way and the Scottish long distance trails. Small groups, grand walking, great fun. AALA licence. Activity Operator GTBS Gold Award. 32 Stirling Enterprise Park, Springbank Road, Stirling, FK7 7RP.
- Fellwalker An excellent resource for hillwalkers in Britain including free software to download, a number of good routes to walk, info for new or foreign walkers and a query service.
- Hikideas Walking Route Planner Create walks on a digital Ordnance Survey map for free, then download them in a form suitable for use on your GPS device.
- Killin Outdoor Centre and Mountain Shop We hire out canoes, kayaks, mountain bikes, snowshoes, ice axes, crampons, child carriers and hiking poles. We have a good stock of outdoor equipment and boots from well named brands plus a stock of cycling equipment and clothing. Dreadnought Place, Main Street, Killin, FK21 8UJ.
- North East Mountain Trust The principal aim of the North East Mountain Trust is to co-ordinate and promote public awareness for these unique areas.
- Climbing in Orkney This site is designed as a guide to the climbing potential of the sandstone sea-stacks and sea cliffs found around the islands of Orkney.
- ScottishCamping.com A directory of all the campsites and caravan parks in Scotland.
- The Great Outdoors Covers all of the issues and articles in the well known magazine plus blogs, video and photo galleries, and interactive maps and tools.
- University of Manchester Hiking Club A wide range of information about hiking and hillwalking, including in Scotland.
- Walk Highlands Free, detailed walk descriptions with GPS waypoints, maps and photos across the Highlands of Scotland.
- Walking Forum Forum for discussing all aspects of country walking & hiking in the UK with boards for general chat, gear, long distance trails, and UK walking destinations.