At the heart of Undiscovered Scotland is our huge range of free links to accommodation providers, restaurants, visitor attractions and other businesses, sorted by area and/or by type of business. These are completely free to the businesses featured in them: there are no setup, updating or any other charges.
Links cover all types of businesses providing services in Scotland. For accommodation links we try to ensure that the address and the STB grading are included. We also include information about disabled access. Links to the web sites of other businesses and resources tend to include either the address or just the name of the business, plus a brief description of what the business offers. The examples below give an idea of the range of free business links featuring on the site:
Hotels & Inns
- The Commercial Hotel The Square, Tarland, AB34 4TX. STB 3 Star Small Hotel.
- Copthorne Hotel Aberdeen 122 Huntly Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1SU. STB 4 Star Hotel. Unassisted wheelchair access.
- The County Hotel 32 High Street, Banff, AB45 1AE. STB 2 Star Small Hotel.
- Craighaar Hotel Waterton Road, Aberdeen, AB21 9HS. STB 3 Star Hotel.
Guest Houses, B&Bs and Hostels
- East Culkae Farm House Sorbie, Newton Stewart, DG8 8AS. STB 3 Star Farmhouse. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Hamilton House 12 Moffat Road, Dumfries, DG1 1NJ. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Hartfell House Guest House & The Limetree Restaurant Hartfell Crescent, Moffat, DG10 9AL. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Hawkhill B&B 68 Victoria Street, Kirkpatrick Durham, Castle Douglas, DG7 3HQ.
Self Catering Accommodation
- Golden Oak Holiday Chalet West Meikle, Pinkerton, Dunbar, EH42 1RX. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Gone To The Beach Self Catering accommodation in North Berwick. 5 Victoria Road, North Berwick, EH39 4JL.
- Hattys Cottage Merlinfields House, West Fenton Road, EH32 0QA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Hunter Holiday Cottages Thornton Farm, Whitehill Estate, Rosewell, EH24 9EF. STB 3 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
Eating & Drinking
- Brian Maule at Chardon d'Or Awarded 1 AA Rosette. Classy fine dining. 176 West Regent Street, Glasgow, G2 4RL.
- Cafe Andaluz City Centre Spanish restaurant specialising in tapas. 12-15 St Vincent Place Glasgow, G1 2DW.
- Chippy Doon The Lane A fresh and up-market twist on the old school chip shop. One Up, 23 Royal Exchange Square, Glasgow, G1 3AJ.
- City Merchant An extensive rage of local and exotic fish and shellfish. 97-99 Candleriggs Street, Glasgow G1 1NP.
- Drumtochty Highland Games Held on the fourth Saturday in June.
- Dundee Rep Theatre A multi award-winning world-class performing arts organisation made-up of Dundee Rep Ensemble, Scottish Dance Theatre and Rep Creative Learning. Tay Square, Dundee, DD1 1PB.
- Forbes of Kingennie Country House, Fishery and Holiday Estate. Kingennie, Broughty Ferry, Dundee DD5 3RD.
- Kirriemuir Gateway to the Glens Museum In Kirriemuir Town House, showing the social, architectural and political history of the town and the Angus glens. 32 High Street Kirriemuir DD8 4BB.
Limousine and Taxi Services (one of many listings of businesses and resources by type across Scotland)
- J A Johnstone Chauffeur Drive Providing a full range of chauffeur driven services.
- Kyle Taxi Company Taxi service and wedding car hire. 7 Lochalsh Road, Kyle of Lochalsh, IV40 8BP.
- Skye Magical Tours Based in Kyle of Lochalsh, next to the Skye bridge, Skye Magical Tours provides tours, taxis, transfer and pickup services from anywhere in Scotland.
- West Highland Taxis Offering local taxi hire, long distance travel and tours around the Highlands. 5 Walker Court, Kinlochleven, PH50 4RG.