- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Shetland & Orkney
- The Orcadian Bookshop Albert Street, Kirkwall, Orkney.
Caithness, Sutherland, Ross & Cromarty
- Ceilidh Place Bookshop A bookshop with rooms, cafe and bar and music venue in Ullapool. 14 West Argyle Street, Ullapool, IV26 2TY.
Lewis, Harris, The Uists & Barra
- None currently listed.
Skye, Lochalsh, Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey, Lochaber
- Leakey's Bookshop Scotland’s largest secondhand bookshop with approximately 100,000 titles on offer at any one time. Church Street, Inverness, IV1 1EY.
Moray, Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
- Books and Beans An independent bookshop in Aberdeen. 22 Belmont Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1JH.
- Yeadon's of Elgin One of the oldest continuously trading bookshops in Scotland. 32 Commerce Street, Elgin, IV30 1BS.
- Yeadon's of Banchory Owned by the Managing Director of Birlinn publishers. 20 Dee Street, Banchory, AB31 5ST.
Argyll & Bute, Arran
- Bookpoint Cowal's independent bookstore, packed full of books to suit everyone, sold by knowledgeable staff. 2A Ferry Brae, Dunoon, PA23 7DJ.
- Colonsay Books Isle of Colonsay, PA61 7YP.
Perth & Kinross, Dundee, Angus
- The Watermill A unique bookshop, art gallery, music and coffee shop - all in a listed former mill. Mill Street, Aberfeldy, PH15 2BG.
- J & G Innes Stationer, bookseller and gift shop in the heart of St Andrews. 107 South Street, St Andrews, KY16 9QW.
- Topping and Company Booksellers 45,000 books, including many first and signed editions. 7 Greyfriars Garden, St Andrews, KY16 9HG.
Stirling, Clackmannanshire, Falkirk
- Inkspot & Silverleaf Booksellers An independent bookshop in the heart of Bo'ness, near Falkirk in Scotland. 76-78 South Street, Bo'ness, EH51 9HA.
Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Clydeside, Dunbartonshire
- Atkinson Pryce Books A small, friendly local bookshop with a warm welcome and a relaxing atmosphere. 27 High Street, Biggar, ML12 6DA.
- Aye-Aye Books A bookshop in the Centre for Contemporary Arts. 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3JD.
- Good Press A bookshop and gallery space in Glasgow city centre. 5 St Margaret's Place, Glasgow, G1 5JY.
- Hyndland Bookshop Stocks a wide range of books and other items. 143 Hyndland Road, Glasgow, G12 9JA.
- Thistle Books Operating in Glasgow’s West End since 1998. The Courtyard, 55 Otago Street, Kelvinbridge, Glasgow, G12 8PQ.
- Voltaire and Rousseau Pleasing people interested in books for over 40 years. 12 Otago Lane, Glasgow, G12 8PB.
- Young's Interesting Books A wee shop, with the emphasis on quality rather than quantity. 18 Skirving Street, Shawlands, Glasgow, G41 3AA.
Edinburgh, The Lothians
- Armchair Books Ekes out its intense and blustery existence on Edinburgh’s hallowed West Port. 72-74 West Port, Edinburgh, EH1 2LE.
- The Edinburgh Bookshop With a comfy sofa for you to read on, the bookshop is staffed by friendly booklovers who are always happy to help. 219 Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh, EH10 4DH.
- Elvis Shakespeare Specialist dealers in rare vinyl and quality literature. 347 Leith Walk, Edinburgh, EH6 8SD.
- Fruitmarket Gallery Bookshop A bookshop in a gallery close to Waverley Station with a focus on art, design, photography, fashion, and architecture. 45 Market Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1DF.
- Golden Hare Books An independent bookshop, beautifully curated. 68 St Stephen Street, Stockbridge, Edinburgh, EH3 5AQ.
- International Book Festival The literary arm of Edinburgh's August festivals. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Looking Glass Books Independent bookshop with events programme. 36 Simpson Loan, Quartermile, Edinburgh, EH3 9GG.
- Transreal Fiction A shop dedicated to selling science fiction, fantasy & related books. 46 Candlemaker Row, Edinburgh, EH1 2QE.
Scottish Borders, English Borders
- The Border Reader A small secondhand bookshop. Off the A68 nr Newtown St Boswells, Melrose TD6 9DF
- Main Street Trading Company Passionate about books, coffee and the pleasure of shopping for beautiful things. Main Street, St Boswells, TD6 0AT.
Ayrshire, Dumfries & Galloway
- Curly Tale Books Children's bookshop in Scotland's National Booktown. New and second hand books, gifts, cards and toys. Author visits and activities. 18 North Main Street, Wigtown.
- Wigtown Book Festival Book festival in Scotland's Book Town. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Wigtown Book Town Scotland's Book Town since 1997.