The Byres & Ettrick View, Ettrick Valley, TD7 5HS.
A superb place to meet up with friends and family, The Byres & Ettrick View form part of a beautifully
restored 19th Century farm steading set in the tranquility of the rolling Border Hills. These two stone built 7 bedroom houses, recently converted to a high standard, offer
light, tastefully and comfortably furnished accommodation for up 16 guests, with room to spare. Both
properties offer accommodation over two floors and comprise a big family kitchen with dining area seating
up to 16 guests, a large lounge with flat-screen TV, pool table and table tennis table, 7 bedrooms and 4
bathrooms. One of the bedrooms in Ettrick View, which can be offered as either a twin or super-king, is
downstairs with an adjacent shower room. Wide doors and good ground floor accessibility make these great
houses for groups with disabled guests. Outside is a large private enclosed garden with tables, chairs and
a barbeque. You'll find plenty to see and do in the local area, including great walking straight from the
door; and, if you don't want to cook, the local pub offers a meal delivery service. Rates from £1665 per week
or from £1295 for a mininum 3 night break. Includes free WiFI. Cots and highchairs can be provided. Well
behaved dogs welcome at a small additional charge. Tel: 01750 62 331.
E-mail: [email protected]
Darnlee, Near Melrose.
This substantial house is set in beautiful, extensive parkland on the outskirts of Melrose
in the Scottish Borders. A category B listed building that has been in the same family since
it was built over 200 years ago, it still retains a lovely homely family atmosphere with lots
of original furniture and antiques. Sleeping 4-8 guests in 4 bedrooms spread over two floors,
at the heart of the house is a delightful garden room that is flooded with light from large
French doors that lead out to the garden. The kitchen comes well equipped, there is a separate,
formal dining plus a drawing room with an open fire, which is positioned on the upper floor to
benefit from views over the delightful grounds. There is a shower room on the group floor and a
full family bathroom on the upper floor. Guests have the full use of the grounds which
include some impressive redwood and sequoia trees, a formal walled garden and a sun room so that
they can be enjoyed whatever the weather. Open all year. From £695-£1495 per week.
Short breaks available. Bedlinen, towels, the first £25 of electricity, £35 of oil
for the central heating plus a starter pack of logs for the fire are included. WiFi is included
subject to a fair use policy. Sorry no smoking. A maximum of 1 dog is welcome at an additional
charge. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Darnlee Web Page
Lilliesleaf, Melrose, TD6 9JU. Dimpleknowe Cottage and Mill are located
on a small country estate with its own 11-hole golf course in the heart of the
Scottish Borders. The area is a haven for wildlife. Set in a peaceful location,
in its own enclosed garden, Dimpleknowe Cottage offers stunning views across
open countryside. This modern, well equipped, detached bungalow has three
bedrooms and sleeps 5 in comfort. All rooms are on the ground floor and include
a comfortable sitting room with open fire, a large, well equipped,
kitchen/dining area, a bathroom with shower, a twin bedroom en-suite, plus
double and single bedrooms. Garden furniture is provided and there is ample
parking. 1-2 dogs welcome. Dimpleknowe Mill provides excellent accommodation,
which is spacious, characterful and stylish and of open plan design. It has
three en-suite bedrooms including one on the ground floor with a specially
adapted shower room suitable for disabled guests. Open all year. Rates for
Dimpleknowe Cottage £285-£500 per week and Dimpleknowe Mill from
£550-£850 per week. WiFi included. Contact Jane Cameron. Tel: 01835
E-mail: [email protected]
Eden Holiday Hideaways,
Cliftonhill, Ednam, Kelso, TD5 7QE. Eden Holiday Hideaways comprises three
beautiful, detached eco-lodges with Scandinavian inspired contemporary design, Hygge
ambiance and luxurious attention to detail. Named Orchard, Eden and Tweed, each lodge
is set in a peaceful location on our organic farm just 4 miles from Kelso. With a wood-fired
hot tub, decking and panoramic 180° view over the rolling Borders countryside to the
Cheviot hills on the horizon, each hideaway brings the outside inside with an end to
end wall of glass. A well appointed living space comprises a fully fitted kitchen,
a dining area and a separate seating area heated by a cosy wood fired stove. There
is a bright and spacious king size bedroom with access to the outside deck, a second
twin bedroom and a luxury shower room with rain effect shower. Each lodge has its own
woodfired hot tub, with bubble jets and lighting to help you relax at any time of day
or night. There is an outdoor shower too, and tables and chairs for dining outside in
the meadow surrounding the hideaway. Open all year. For rates and availability visit
our website linked below. For further information, Tel: 07789 220 468.
E-mail: [email protected]
Ettrick Valley Yurts: Glamping in the Scottish Borders.
Enjoy a magical glamping experience in the stunning Ettrick Valley. Comfy beds, fresh linens, colourful
rugs and cushions, and a cosy wood burner await you in our beautifully furnished authentic Mongolian yurts.
Each yurt sleeps up to 6 and sits on its own raised decking with panoramic views over the Ettrick Water and
surrounding hills. We offer a comfy mix of beds, sofa beds and futons, with duvets, fresh linens, cushions
and extra blankets. You can cook on the stove top but each yurt also has a gas hob and grill in a little
kitchen area, as well as a table and chairs, pots and pans, cool box, plates, bowls and cutlery. Wall hangings
and twinkly solar lights make the yurt a magical place to relax in, all behind your own secure front door.
Hot showers and toilets are located only a short walk from your yurt - right next to an honesty shop. You'll
find plenty to see and do on site and in the local area. Ettrick Valley Yurts are great for families, walkers,
cyclists, those who like to fish and stargazers. Open all year. Rates from £136 per yurt per night. Tel: 01750
E-mail: [email protected]
Horsemill Cottage, Near Melrose. This lovely new barn
conversion is just outside the pretty village of St Boswells in the beautiful
and historic Borderland about 10 miles north of Jedburgh. Surrounded by woods
and trees and at the end of a short track 1 mile from the main A68 trunk road,
you'll find Edinburgh, the Berwickshire coast and north Northumberland all
within one hour's drive. Fitted and furnished to a high standard, this unique
property boast an hexagonal sitting room, glazed on all sides, an open-plan
hall/dining area, a fully fitted kitchen, one ground floor twin bedroom with
shower room, plus one first floor double bedroom and a bathroom which are
accessed from a galleried landing. Outside there is an extensive patio and
ample parking. You'll find shops, a pub and a hotel all close by. From
£325-£450 per week inclusive of all heating, lighting, linen and
towels. Pets accepted by arrangement. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Horsemill Cottage Web Page
The Old Lobster House, Lower Burnmouth, Eyemouth. In a
picturesque setting right on the seafront in the pretty fishing village of Burnmouth
sits The Old Lobster House, 6 miles north of Berwick-upon-Tweed on Scotland’s beautiful
east coast. Converted from what was originally an old lobster holding pen this quaint
cottage has stunning views out to sea. The well appointed accommodation comprises a
spacious kitchen diner, a cosy sitting room with wood burning stove, two bedrooms - a
double and a single (both en suite). The charming double room has a king size bed and
its impressive en suite bathroom features a lovely cast iron roll-top bath, as well as
a large separate shower. Outside there is parking within Burnmouth or right by the cottage
on the seafront. Open all year. From £315-£575 per week including all heating,
WiFi, bed linen and towels. Please note, this is a no smoking house. Up to two dogs are
welcome for a small additional charge. Short breaks available. Tel:
+44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: The Old Lobster House Web Page
Near Stichill, Kelso. This traditional, 'chocolate box' cottage stands alone among
mature trees in a lovely countryside setting close to Kelso. Parkend Cottage benefits from
glorious views, of the Cheviots at the front and the Eildon Hills to the side. The spacious
accommodation comprises a large farmhouse kitchen with an Aga and a separate dining space with
doors opening out onto an east-facing terrace, a bright and airy sitting room with an elegant
dining area at one end, three first floor bedrooms, including two doubles and a twin, a family
bathroom and a shower room, plus a downstairs laundry room and an additional WC. Parkend Cottage
has been carefully furnished in keeping with its character and elegance. The enclosed south-facing
gardens are ideal for children and pets. From £545-£825 per week. Short break rates
may be available. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Parkend Cottage Web Page
Plum Braes Barn
Holidays, Cliftonhill Organic Farm, Ednam, Kelso, TD5 7QE. Comprising Cockle Kitty, Garden Bank
and Plum Tree Cottages, Plum Braes Barn sits in a secret corner of the Scottish Borders, just 3 miles
from the bustling market town of Kelso. Cockle Kitty sleeps up to four guests in one double and one
twin bedroom. It has a family bathroom. Garden Bank also sleeps four in one double and one twin bedroom.
It has two shower rooms. Plum Tree is a small hygge cottage for 2 with spiral stairs leading to the
bedroom, which has a juliet balcony. The three cottages are very warm as they are heated by biomass
and log burners. All have private patios and gardens and benefit from wonderful views over the Eden
and Tweed valleys towards the Cheviot hills. On the farm we grow organic oats and flowers which are
available to buy in our tiny farm shop along with fresh eggs and other produce. Meals can be delivered
from a local business. Beaches at Berwick, Bamburgh and Alnwick are just a short drive away. Short breaks
are available. For further information and to check availability, visit our website linked below. You can
also Tel: Maggie on 07789 220469 or Mobile: 07789 220468.
E-mail: [email protected]
at Borthwickshiels, Near Hawick. Located in a tranquil rural setting, within the beautiful
Borthwickshiels Estate, Stables Cottages is a charming detached cottage sleeping up to 6 guests in
3 bedrooms. It is approached along a private tree-lined drive and sits in an enclosed garden in a
lovely woodland clearing. The well appointed accommodation comprises a fully equipped dining kitchen,
a pretty sitting room with a wood burning stove, one downstairs twin room and a ground floor bathroom.
Upstairs there are two attractive double bedrooms, one with a superking bed and the other a double, which
share a modern family bathroom. Dogs are welcome and kenneling is available for guests' use. Stabling
and grazing can also be arranged for anyone wishing to bring their horse along. Bike storage is provided.
From £495-£875 per week. Short break rates may be available. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Stables Cottage Web Page
Whitmuir House, Near Selkirk.
In the midst of the beautiful Scottish Borders, Whitmuir House is an impressive, elegant house
set in extensive garden grounds just over 4 miles from Selkirk. The comfortable accommodation
is warm and welcoming and comprises a charming and spacious dining kitchen that's the real heart
of the house, a grand drawing room with an open fire, a separate formal dining room, an attractive
en-suite double bedroom downstairs and two further double bedrooms (one with dressing room, en-suite
and decorative fireplace) and two twin rooms, a sizeable walk through seating area with TV, two good
sized bathrooms and a handy WC on the upper floor which are accessed by an unusual spiral staircase.
Outside the house is surrounded by a large private garden with lots of mature plants and trees. There
is a croquet lawn and pavilion (with its own little kitchen for making drinks) and a ha ha - a sunken
wall - that allows for breathtaking views all the way out to the Carter Bar and Cheviot hills. Open
all year. From £795-£1795 per week. Short breaks may be available. Bedlinen, towels,
electricity, heating and a started pack of logs for the fire are included. WiFi is also included
subject to a fair use policy. Sorry no smoking. A maximum one dog is welcome. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Whitmuir House Web Page
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- No 9 Galabank Stow, Galashiels, TD1 2RP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Allerton House Stables Allerton House Stables, Oxnam Road, Jedburgh, TD8 6QQ. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Broadmeadows House Self Catering Apartments Yarrowford, Selkirk, TD7 5LZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Cliftoncote Farm Kelso, TD5 8PU. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- Coldingham Bay Caravan Park Coldingham. STB 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Coldingham Loch Self Catering Westloch House, Coldingham, Eyemouth, TD14 5QE. STB 2-3 Star Self Catering.
- Cosaig 66b High Street, Innerleithen, EH44 6HF. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- The Cottages at Castletoun House 16 The Avenue, Greenlaw, TD10 6XB.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the Scottish Borders visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Courtburn House & Holiday Lettings Courtburn House, School Road, Coldingham, TD14 5NS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Courtyard House Holefield Farm House, Kelso, TD5 8BW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Crabtree & Crabtree Offering a selection of handpicked holiday cottages and homes in the Scottish Borders.
- Croft Loft Croft Road, West Linton, EH46 7DZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Crossburn Caravan Park Edinburgh Road, Peebles, EH45 8ED.
- Dalkeith House Douglas Square, Newcastleton, TD9 0QD. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Dignity Newhall, Clovenfords, Galashiels, TD1 1TL. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Dunglass Estate Cockburnspath, TD13 5XF. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Duns Castle Duns, TD11 3NW. STB 4 Star Exclusive Use Venue.
- Edenwater House Ednam, Kelso, TD5 7QL.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Eden Holiday Hideaways Cliftonhill, Edman, Kelso, TD5 7QE.
- Eildon Holiday Cottages Dingleton Mains, Melrose, TD6 9HS. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Unassisted wheelchair access.
- Elliot Park Camping and Caravanning Club Site Jedburgh, TD8 6EF. STB 3 Star Touring Park.
- Ettrick Holidays Cossarshill Farm, Ettrick Valley, Selkirk, TD7 5JB. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Eyemouth Holiday Park Fort Road, Eyemouth, TD14 5BE. STB 3 Star Holiday Park.
- Fireburn Mill Cottages Fireburn Mill, Coldstream, TD12 4LN. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- The Five Turrets Ettrick Terrace, Selkirk, TD7 4LE.
- The Garden Apartment Paxton House, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 1SZ.
- Gartmore Cottage Blyth Square, West Linton, EH46 7EG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Glen Manor Cottage Langhaugh Farm, Kirkton Manor, Peebles, EH45 9JP. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Glentress Forest Lodges Linnburn Farm, Eshiels, Peebles, EH45 8NA.
- Gibson Park Caravan Club Site High Street, Melrose, TD6 9RY. STB 5 Star Touring Park.
- Gypsy Palace Kirk Yetholm. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Half House Cottage Cappercleuch, Selkirk, TD7 5LG.
- Harleyburn Cottages Chiefswood Road, Darnick, Melrose, TD6 9BA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Hillview Peebles, EH45 9BG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Hope Scott Wing Abbotsford, Melrose, TD6 9BQ. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Hoscote Holiday Cottages Hoscote Estate, Roberton, TD9 7PN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Honey Cottage Caravan Park Hope House, Ettrick Valley, TD7 5HU.
- Larkhall Burn Jedburgh, TD8 6AX.
- Laundry Cottage at Howford Farm Selkirk, TD7 5HN.
- Len Cottage 3 Venlaw Road, Peebles, EH45 8AY.
- Lidalia Caravan Park Old Station Yard, Moss Road, Newcastleton, TD9 0RU.
- Loyd and Townsend-Rose Promoting houses and castles throughout Scotland. Tweed Horizons, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SG.
- Melrose National Trust for Scotland holiday cottages. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation.
- The [email protected] Yarrow Valley, Selkirk, TD7 5JY. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Morningside Cottage Innerleithen.
- Nether Whitlaw Cottage Nether Whitlaw, Selkirk, TD7 4QN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Neuk Farm Holiday Cottages The Neuk, Cockburnspath, TD13 5YH. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Ettrick Valley, Selkirk, TD7 5HS.
- Nisbet Old Schoolhouse Jedburgh, TD8 6TR. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Nisbet's Tower Gunsgreen Quay, Eyemouth, TD14 5SD. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Old Linthill Eyemouth, TD14 5RE. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ord House Country Park East Ord, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 2NS.
- Pease Bay Holiday Home Park Pease Bay, Cockburnspath, TD13 5YP. STB 5 Star Holiday Park.
- River View Tweedbank Farm, Traquair Road, Innerleithen, EH44 6PF. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Rowantree Cottage Main Street, Kirk Yetholm, Kelso, TD5 8PF.
- Scoutscroft Holiday Centre St Abbs Road, Coldingham, TD14 5NB. STB 5 Star Holiday Park.
- Shankend Country Cottage Shankend Farmhouse, Hawick, TD9 9UA.
- The Spinney Lodges The Spinney, Langlee, Jedburgh, TD8 6PB.
- Synton Mains Farm Cottages Ashkirk, Selkirk, TD7 4PA. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Time Newhall, Clovenfords, Galashiels, TD1 1TL. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Tiore Bowmont Forest, Kelso, TD5 8EA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Tower Farm Holidays Cockburnspath, TD13 5YU. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Tweed Cottage 14 Tweed Cottage, Larkhall Burn, Jedburgh, TD8 6AX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Wiltonburn Farm Hawick, TD9 7LL.
- Winkston holidays Winkston Farm, Edinburgh Road, Peebles, EH45 8PH. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Woll Estate Woll House, Ashkirk, Selkirk, TD7 4NY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Woodbine Cottage 22 South Hermitage Street, Newcastleton, TD9 0QG. STB 3 Star Self Catering.