Cottage, The Columns, Boathouse Lane, Norham, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15
2JZ. In a tranquil and private setting, this 4 Star self catering
cottage commands stunning views across the River Tweed. With comfortable
accommodation for up to 7 guests, with bedrooms and bathrooms on both floors,
Boathouse Cottage has a well equipped, spacious kitchen and dining area which
offers the opportunity to invite a few extra guests to a meal if required. The
comfortable living room has such wonderful views that you may not wish to use
the TV at all! The ground floor bedroom has an adjacent bathroom with spacious
walk-in shower. Upstairs is the Master Bedroom with a double bed plus one
single, a twin bedded room and a family bathroom. Free WiFi is available. There
is a garden with lawn, outside table and chairs and direct access onto miles of
footpaths for exploring both sides of the river. The cottage has plenty of
parking and a garage with space to store bicycles, fishing rods, boots and
other kit. Discover more on our website or, better still, come and stay and see
just a little of what this area has to offer (you won't have time to see it
all!). Rates £290-£800 per week. Short Breaks available at times.
Contact: Susan Dalgety. Tel: +44 (0)1289 382 300.
The Byres & Ettrick View, Ettrick Valley, TD7 5HS.
A superb place to meet up with friends and family, The Byres & Ettrick View form part of a beautifully
restored 19th Century farm steading set in the tranquility of the rolling Border Hills. These two stone built 6 bedroom houses, recently converted to a high standard, offer
light, tastefully and comfortably furnished accommodation for up 14 guests, with room to spare. Both
properties offer accommodation over two floors and comprise a big family kitchen with dining area seating
up to 14 guests, a large lounge with flat-screen TV, pool table and table tennis table, 6 bedrooms and 4
bathrooms. One of the bedrooms, which can be offered as either a twin or super-king, is downstairs with
an adjacent shower room. Wide doors and good ground floor accessibility make these great houses for groups
with disabled guests. Outside is a large private enclosed garden with tables, chairs and a barbeque and lockable
storage for bikes and outdoor gear. You'll find plenty to see and do in the local area, including great
walking straight from the door; and, if you don't want to cook, the local pub offers a meal delivery service.
Rates from £1584 per week. Includes free WiFI. Cots and highchairs can be provided. Well behaved dogs
welcome. Tel: 01750 62 331.
Lilliesleaf, Melrose, TD6 9JU. Dimpleknowe Cottage and Mill are located
on a small country estate with its own 11-hole golf course in the heart of the
Scottish Borders. The area is a haven for wildlife. Set in a peaceful location,
in its own enclosed garden, Dimpleknowe Cottage offers stunning views across
open countryside. This modern, well equipped, detached bungalow has three
bedrooms and sleeps 5 in comfort. All rooms are on the ground floor and include
a comfortable sitting room with open fire, a large, well equipped,
kitchen/dining area, a bathroom with shower, a twin bedroom en-suite, plus
double and single bedrooms. Garden furniture is provided and there is ample
parking. 1-2 dogs welcome. Dimpleknowe Mill provides excellent accommodation,
which is spacious, characterful and stylish and of open plan design. It has
three en-suite bedrooms including one on the ground floor with a specially
adapted shower room suitable for disabled guests. Open all year. Rates for
Dimpleknowe Cottage £285-£500 per week and Dimpleknowe Mill from
£550-£850 per week. WiFi included. Contact Jane Cameron. Tel: 01835
Ettrick Valley Yurts: Glamping in the Scottish Borders.
Enjoy a magical glamping experience in the stunning Ettrick Valley. Comfy beds, fresh linens, colourful
rugs and cushions, and a cosy wood burner await you in our beautifully furnished authentic Mongolian yurts.
Each yurt sleeps up to 6 and sits on its own raised decking with panoramic views over the Ettrick Water and
surrounding hills. We offer a comfy mix of beds, sofa beds and futons, with duvets,
fresh linens, cushions and extra blankets. You can cook on the stove top but each yurt also has a gas hob and
grill in a little kitchen area, as well as a table and chairs, pots and pans, cool box, plates, bowls and
cutlery. Wall hangings and twinkly solar lights make the yurt a magical place to relax in, all behind your own
secure front door. Hot showers and toilets are located only a short walk from your yurt - right next to
an honesty shop. You'll find plenty to see and do on site and in the local area. Ettrick Valley Yurts are
great for families, walkers, cyclists and stargazers. Open all year. Rates from £129.99 per yurt per night.
Tel: 01750 62 331.
Hawthorn and Hollyview Cottages, Coldingham. Close to the
coastal village of Coldingham, Hawthorn ans Hollyview Cottages are recent barn
conversions each offering luxury accommodation for up to 4 and 6 guests
respectively. Light, spacious and generously equipped, these well appointed
properties boast a fully fitted kitchen with all modern appliances, a separate
living room with leather suite, TV with Freeview and DVD player and doors
leading out to a patio area and garden. Hawthorn has one double bedroom, one
twin room and a family bathroom. Hollyview has one double bedroom and two
twins, a large family bathroom and an additional shower room. The cottages
provide a great base for touring the Borders or further afield.
Edinburgh can be reached via road in an hour or by train, from Dunbar, in
twenty minutes. The English Border is only 15 miles south of Coldingham. You'll
also find beaches to explore, castles to visit and much more. Open all year.
Fully inclusive rates from £245-£500 per week. Short breaks
available. Well behaved pets welcome. Contact: Mairi Drummond. Tel: 0790 86 86
Hendersyde Farm Holiday Cottages, Kelso, TD5 7QA.
4 Star Self Catering - Stylish and Contemporary or Cosy and Traditional. Sleep 2-6.
peaceful places to stay - on our family farm - three miles downstream from the
delightful market town of Kelso. * Surrounded by walks, wildlife and wonderful
views over the Eden and Tweed Valley to The Cheviot Hills in Northumberland. *
Millsyde - special and spacious - freshly converted - single storey - country
home - with soothing space for six in 3 double bedrooms. * East and West -
traditional farm cottages - sleeping up to four - in double and twin bedrooms.
So popular with couples, we offer discounts on all bookings. * Relax in the
private, south facing gardens, walk across the farm, by the waterside, explore
both sides of the undiscovered Border Country & Coast! Edinburgh and Alnwick
are only an hour away. * Open all year. Inclusive prices, with WiFi, from £325-
£1200 per week. Short breaks too! Many more ideas, availability and booking
options on our Hendersyde web site. * Contact: Sue Beck. Tel/Fax: 01573 223495.
Mobile: 07809 426 997.
Horsemill Cottage, Near Melrose. This lovely new barn
conversion is just outside the pretty village of St Boswells in the beautiful
and historic Borderland about 10 miles north of Jedburgh. Surrounded by woods
and trees and at the end of a short track 1 mile from the main A68 trunk road,
you'll find Edinburgh, the Berwickshire coast and north Northumberland all
within one hour's drive. Fitted and furnished to a high standard, this unique
property boast an hexagonal sitting room, glazed on all sides, an open-plan
hall/dining area, a fully fitted kitchen, one ground floor twin bedroom with
shower room, plus one first floor double bedroom and a bathroom which are
accessed from a galleried landing. Outside there is an extensive patio and
ample parking. You'll find shops, a pub and a hotel all close by. From
£325-£450 per week inclusive of all heating, lighting, linen and
towels. Pets accepted by arrangement. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Horsemill Cottage Web Page
Lime Tree Cottage, Near Kelso. Lime Tree Cottage has a
lovely open situation on a tree-lined drive, just three miles north of the
pretty Border town of Kelso. Sublimely comfortable and most beautifully
appointed, its enclosed garden and quiet location make it ideal for families
and couples alike. It has also been discreetly adapted to make it wheelchair
friendly and particularly suitable for visitors of limited mobility. The
kitchen has pull out work surfaces and appliances and there is an intercom
system in the sitting room which opens the front door. Lime Tree Cottage sleeps
up to 4 guests, having one double bedroom with en-suite bath/shower room and a
further twin room. No traffic passes the front door and the view is over fields
where horses graze. The enclosed garden has a patio with furniture provided and
a garage which offers storage for bikes. From £295-£450 per week
fully inclusive. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Lime Tree Cottage Web Page
Swinton Cottages, Little Swinton Farm, Coldstream, TD12 4HH. Self
Catering properties with unassisted wheelchair access. Surrounded by the
rolling Scottish countryside, these delightful period stone-built, single
storey farm cottages provide the perfect base for exploring the historic
Borders region. There are local battle sites, peel towers, fortified castles
and stately homes to visit, the mill towns of Hawick and Galashiels, plus
the World Heritage coastline of north Northumberland. There is good walking,
golf and fishing nearby. Little Swinton comprises three charming cottages,
each with its own character. Choose from The Courtyard, Cotoneaster Cottage
and Honeysuckle Cottage. Cotoneaster and Honeysuckle are located together in
an attractive terrace, whilst The Courtyard stands adjacent to the farmhouse,
with its own drive and magnificent views of the countryside. The Courtyard sleeps
3 in 2 bedrooms, Cotoneaster 7 in 3 bedrooms and Honeysuckle 4 in 2 bedrooms. Open
all year. Rates from £230-£500 per week. All properties have free WiFi.
Pets welcome. Contact Sue Brewis. Tel: 01890 882173.
Ness Street Cottage, Ness Street, Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland, TD15
1HY. Tel: 01289 318069. Located in the historic Elizabethan walled town
of Berwick upon Tweed, Ness Street Cottage is a grade II listed building within
the town's conservation area. This well appointed property has 4 bedrooms
sleeping up to 8 guests. The accommodation, over 4 floors, comprises: at ground
floor level, a fully fitted dining kitchen with all modern appliances, a
separate dining room, a lounge with flat screen digital TV with DVD player and
a shower room; at first floor level, one double bedroom, one twin room and a
family bathroom; and at second floor level, one double bedroom and a twin/games
room. A cellar provides storage and houses a fridge/freezer and tumble dryer.
Outside is a secluded courtyard garden with seating. The sea and town walls are
less than 100 yards away and the town centre is within easy walking distance.
Berwick is well served by train, making a holiday at Ness Street equally
enjoyable with or without a car. Rates from £300-£840 per week.
Price reductions available for smaller parties. Contact: Julian
WWW: Ness Street Holiday Cottage, Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland
Old Hyndhope Cottage,
Near Ettrick Bridge, Selkirk. Offering accommodation for up to 6 guests
in 4 bedrooms, Old Hyndhope Cotage has one of the loveliest situations in the
Scottish Borders with wonderful sweeping views over the Ettrick Valley. On a
high vantage point, this is a peaceful place, with birds, sheep and occasional
deer the nearest neighbours. Fishing can usually be organised by the owners,
there are interesting walks in every direction and many places of interest are
easily accessible from here. The cottage itself is comfortably appointed, has a
separate well-eqipped kitchen plus a sitting/dining room with French windows
opening onto a patio. Heating is by open-fire and night-storage heaters.
Bed-linen and towels can be hired. Please note that this is a no smoking house.
From £245-£415 per week fully inclusive. Short break rates may be
available. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Old Hyndhope Cottage Web Page
The Old Lobster House, Lower Burnmouth, Eyemouth. In a
picturesque setting right on the seafront in the pretty fishing village of Burnmouth
sits The Old Lobster House, 6 miles north of Berwick-upon-Tweed on Scotland’s beautiful
east coast. Converted from what was originally an old lobster holding pen this quaint
cottage has stunning views out to sea. The well appointed accommodation comprises a
spacious kitchen diner, a cosy sitting room with wood burning stove, two bedrooms - a
double and a single (both en suite). The charming double room has a king size bed and
its impressive en suite bathroom features a lovely cast iron roll-top bath, as well as
a large separate shower. Outside there is parking within Burnmouth or right by the cottage
on the seafront. Open all year. From £315-£575 per week including all heating,
WiFi, bed linen and towels. Please note, this is a no smoking house. Up to two dogs are
welcome for a small additional charge. Short breaks available. Tel:
+44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: The Old Lobster House Web Page
Plum Braes Barn, Cliftonhill Farm, Ednam, Kelso, TD5 7QE.
Cockle Kitty, Garden Bank and Plum Tree Cottages and Edmondston House are in a quiet corner of
the Scottish Borders, just 3 miles from Kelso on an
organic farm with lovely river walks and beautiful views. Edmondston is a chalet style farmhouse
with 5 bedrooms (one on ground level) and 3 bathrooms (one also on ground level), with a lovely garden
with furniture and panoramic views. Guests can enjoy table tennis, croquet, tennis and badminton.
Plum Tree is a cottage for 2 with spiral stairs leading to the bedroom, which has french windows and
small balcony - a bed with a view! It has a galley kitchen with a dining table, a sitting area
with Sky TV and a bathroom. Garden Bank and Cockle Kitty are on ground level overlooking picturesque
countryside to the Cheviots on the horizon, and to the Eildon hills near Melrose to the West. All have
wood burner and biomass heating - so cosy! Beaches at Berwick, Bamburgh and Alnwick are just a short
drive away. Short breaks area available. Rates from £180-£1600. For further information, call Maggie
on 01573 225028 or 07789 220468 or 07789 220469.
Satchells Cottage, Near Selkirk. This lovely detached
cottage is situated in a peaceful location on a sheep farm near Selkirk in the
heart of the beautiful Scottish Borders. With panoramic views to the Eildon
Hills, Satchells Cottage sits in its own enclosed grassy garden and offers
lucky holiday makers accommodation of the highest quality in scenic
surroundings. There is also be a hot tub to enjoy! Sleeping up to 6 guests,
this charming property comprises a spacious, well equipped, fully fitted dining
kitchen, a sitting room with open fire, TV and DVD player, one twin room, two
single rooms and a shower room downstairs plus a further double room upstairs.
Doors from the sitting room open out onto a decked area and garden with outdoor
seating and a hot tub. From £325-£675 per week. Short breaks
available. Bedlinen, towels, electricity and the first £15 of oil for the
central heating are included. Sorry no smoking or pets. Tel: +44 (0)1835
WWW: Satchells Cottage Web Page
Whitecroft Cottage, West End, Horncliffe,
Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 2XN. Located in the delightful salmon fishing village of Horncliffe
on the River Tweed, Whitecroft Cottage is the perfect base for touring the beautiful
Northumbrian coastline and the Scottish borderlands and market towns. It sits in an
idyllic spot on the outskirts of the village, in a delightful garden and offers 4 Star
accommodation for up to 6 guests. This charming property has beamed ceilings throughout
and comprises a fully fitted kitchen, a spacious lounge/dining room with open fire, a master king-size
bedroom, two twin rooms and two bathrooms, one upstairs, one down. If you would like
us to cook for you during your stay, please choose from the seasonal menus and give at
least 24 hours notice. Meals are prepared using fresh, local produce and will be brought
down to Whitecroft at a time you specify. Open all year. Rates £340-£580
per week. Contact: Moira Kay. Tel: 01289 382935.
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- No 9 Galabank Stow, Galashiels, TD1 2RP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Allerton House Stables Allerton House Stables, Oxnam Road, Jedburgh, TD8 6QQ. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Broadmeadows House Self Catering Apartments Yarrowford, Selkirk, TD7 5LZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Cherrytrees Farm Cottage Town Yetholm, TD5 8BY.
- Cliftoncote Farm Kelso, TD5 8PU. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- Clint Lodge Cottage Clint Lodge, Clinthill, St Boswells, TD6 0DZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Cloverknowe Cottages Pathhead Farm, Cockburnspath, TD13 5XB. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Coldingham Bay Caravan Park Coldingham. STB 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Coldingham Loch Self Catering Westloch House, Coldingham, Eyemouth, TD14 5QE. STB 2-3 Star Self Catering.
- Cosaig 66b High Street, Innerleithen, EH44 6HF. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- The Cottages at Castletoun House 16 The Avenue, Greenlaw, TD10 6XB.
- Courtburn House & Holiday Lettings Courtburn House, School Road, Coldingham, TD14 5NS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Courtyard House Holefield Farm House, Kelso, TD5 8BW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Croft Loft Croft Road, West Linton, EH46 7DZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Crossburn Caravan Park Edinburgh Road, Peebles, EH45 8ED.
- Dalkeith House Douglas Square, Newcastleton, TD9 0QD. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Damside Romanno Bridge, West Linton, EH46 7BY. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Dignity House Newhall, Clovenfords, Galashiels, TD1 1TL. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Drumblair Bakers Road, Melrose, TD6 9NA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Dunglass Estate Cockburnspath, TD13 5XF. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Duns Castle Duns, TD11 3NW. STB 4 Star Exclusive Use Venue.
- Edenmouth Holiday Cottages Edenmouth Farm, Kelso, TD5 7QB. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Edenwater House Ednam, Kelso, TD5 7QL.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Eildon Holiday Cottages Dingleton Mains, Melrose, TD6 9HS. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Unassisted wheelchair access.
- Elliot Park Camping and Caravanning Club Site Jedburgh, TD8 6EF. STB 3 Star Touring Park.
- Ettrick Holidays Cossarshill Farm, Ettrick Valley, Selkirk, TD7 5JB. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Eyemouth Holiday Park Fort Road, Eyemouth, TD14 5BE. STB 3 Star Holiday Park.
- Fireburn Mill Cottages Fireburn Mill, Coldstream, TD12 4LN. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- The Garden Apartment Paxton House, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 1SZ.
- Gartmore Cottage Blyth Square, West Linton, EH46 7EG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Glen Manor Cottage Langhaugh Farm, Kirkton Manor, Peebles, EH45 9JP. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Glentress Forest Lodges Linnburn Farm, Eshiels, Peebles, EH45 8NA.
- Gibson Park Caravan Club Site High Street, Melrose, TD6 9RY. STB 5 Star Touring Park.
- The Green House Woodend Road, Ettrickbridge, Selkirk, TD7 5JJ.
- Gunsgreen House, Eyemouth. National Trust for Scotland holiday house. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation.
- Gypsy Palace Kirk Yetholm. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Harleyburn Cottages Chiefswood Road, Darnick, Melrose, TD6 9BA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Hillview Peebles, EH45 9BG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Hollyview Coldingham, Eyemouth, TD14 5TX.
- The Hope Scott Wing Abbotsford, Melrose, TD6 9BQ. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Hoscote Holiday Cottages Hoscote Estate, Roberton, TD9 7PN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Honey Cottage Caravan Park Hope House, Ettrick Valley, TD7 5HU.
- Invereye House George Street, Eyemouth, TD14 5HH.
- Larkhall Burn Jedburgh, TD8 6AX.
- Laundry Cottage at Howford Farm Selkirk, TD7 5HN.
- Lazy Days Strathmore, West Fishwick, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 1XQ. STB 5 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Len Cottage 3 Venlaw Road, Peebles, EH45 8AY.
- Lidalia Caravan Park Old Station Yard, Moss Road, Newcastleton, TD9 0RU.
- Loyd and Townsend-Rose Promoting houses and castles throughout Scotland. Tweed Horizons, Newtown St Boswells, TD6 0SG.
- Martinshouse Holiday Cottage Martinshouse, Hawick, TD9 0JS.
- Melrose National Trust for Scotland holiday cottages. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation.
- The Mill House Scotsmill, Kailzie, Peebles, EH45 9HS.
- The Mill@Lewinshope Yarrow Valley, Selkirk, TD7 5JY. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Morningside Cottage Innerleithen.
- Nether Whitlaw Cottage Nether Whitlaw, Selkirk, TD7 4QN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Neuk Farm Holiday Cottages The Neuk, Cockburnspath, TD13 5YH. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Ettrick Valley, Selkirk, TD7 5HS.
- Nisbet Old Schoolhouse Jedburgh, TD8 6TR. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Nisbet's Tower Gunsgreen Quay, Eyemouth, TD14 5SD. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Old Linthill Eyemouth, TD14 5RE. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Old Tearoom Chesters, Hawick, TD9 8TH.
- Ord House Country Park East Ord, Berwick-upon-Tweed, TD15 2NS.
- Overwells Farm Holiday Cottage Overwells Farm, Jedburgh, TD8 6LT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Pease Bay Holiday Home Park Pease Bay, Cockburnspath, TD13 5YP. STB 5 Star Holiday Park.
- River View Tweedbank Farm, Traquair Road, Innerleithen, EH44 6PF. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Rocklyn 11 Murray Field, St Abbs, Eyemouth, TD14 5PP. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Rowantree Cottage Main Street, Kirk Yetholm, Kelso, TD5 8PF.
- Scoutscroft Holiday Centre St Abbs Road, Coldingham, TD14 5NB. STB 5 Star Holiday Park.
- Shankend Country Cottage Shankend Farmhouse, Hawick, TD9 9UA.
- Slipperfield Cottages West Linton, EH46 7AA. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- The Spinney Lodges The Spinney, Langlee, Jedburgh, TD8 6PB.
- Synton Mains Farm Cottages Ashkirk, Selkirk, TD7 4PA. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Teinside Lodge Commonside, Hawick, TD9 0LA. STB 3 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Tiore Bowmont Forest, Kelso, TD5 8EA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Tower Farm Holidays Cockburnspath, TD13 5YU. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Tweed Cottage 14 Tweed Cottage, Larkhall Burn, Jedburgh, TD8 6AX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Wiltonburn Farm Hawick, TD9 7LL.
- Winkston holidays Winkston Farm, Edinburgh Road, Peebles, EH45 8PH. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Woll Estate Woll House, Ashkirk, Selkirk, TD7 4NY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Woodbine Cottage 22 South Hermitage Street, Newcastleton, TD9 0QG. STB 3 Star Self Catering.