Auchendryne Cottage, Linn O' Dee Road, Braemar, AB35 5YG.
Located in the pretty village of Braemar in the heart of Royal Deeside,
Auchendryne Cottage is a traditional detached property which simply oozes
charm. The accommodation has been completely refurbished and comprises a fully
fitted dining kitchen, a lounge with multi-fuel stove, a porch which leads to a
mature, enclosed private garden, one double bedroom, one twin, a bathroom with
both bath and shower, and a separate shower room. Auchendryne Cottage provides
an excellent base for a range of activities in the area including walking,
climbing, fishing and golf. There is also plenty to see and do if your
preference is for a more relaxing stay, including castles and distilleries to
visit. Open all year. Rates from £495 per week. For Christmas
and New Year rates please contact the owner. Bed linen and towels available by
prior arrangement at a cost of £4 per person. Well behaved pets are
welcome. Please note: the cottage is non smoking throughout. Contact: Linda
Mackie. Tel: 01356 622 345.
Badnabein Steading, Near Ballater, Strathdon. Set in a
very remote location on a rural estate in Corgarff, Aberdeenshire, just 7 miles
from Tomintoul, Badnabein Steading sits nestled into the hill behind it, with
magnificent views all around. The accommodation is spacious, light and airy.
The open plan kitchen, dining and sitting room is immense, with plenty of room
for everyone to spread out. The kitchen comes well equipped with all modern
appliances and ample workspace, a farmhouse dining table sits adjacent to the
kitchen and comfortable seating wraps round a cosy woodburning stove in the
lounge area from where French doors open out onto the garden. There are two
double bedrooms downstairs, one with a king size bed, the other with a zip link
double, which can also be offered as a twin. A downstairs wet room has a large
walk-in shower. Upstairs are two further bedrooms, a double and a twin, and a
family bathroom with a wood-panelled bath. Open all year. From
£650-£850 per week. Short break rates may be available. Tel: +44
WWW: Badnabein Steading Web Page
Cedar Holiday Cottage, 17 Johnston Street, Laurencekirk, AB30 1AN.
Located on on the edge of Memorial Park in Laurencekirk, Cedar Cottage is newly built and ideally located for the
seaside town of Stonehaven, the stunningly beautiful Royal Deeside and the cities of Dundee and Aberdeen. It offers
modern amenities for up to 4 people, being well suited to a family, but also good for couples, solo adventurers and
business travellers. The well appointed accommodation is all at ground floor level and comprises an open plan living
space with separate kitchen, dining area and lounge with feature wood burning stove, one double bedroom with en suite
bathroom and one twin room. There is ramp access into the property and adjacent parking for two cars, plus a private
garden with patio. There is an entrance into the park from the garden and Cedar Cottage benefits from a lovely view of
the Garvock Hill. Open all year. Rates from £370 per week. Short breaks of three nights or more welcome. All bed linen and
towels are provided as is WiFi internet access. Sorry no smoking and no pets. Contact: Alison Ingram. Tel: 01561 378819.
Driftwood Cottage, 60 Church
Street, Portsoy, Near Banff, AB45 2QR. Driftwood Cottage is, unashamedly, a seaside
cottage. There are lighthouses and driftwood decorations, lobster pots and hemp rope banisters,
but it is practical and well equipped and has fibre optic broadband. The double bedroom,
shower room, lounge and kitchen are all on the ground floor. The rooms upstairs, a twin room
and tv snug, have low ceilings and are most appropriate for children. The real attraction of
this cottage is however, the garden. It is rare in a holiday cottage to have such an amazing
outside space! Admittedly, the garden is steep, but there are terraces on the way up to the
summer house offering a chance to stop and admire the view as well as to catch your breath.
There is also a gate if you want to keep young children within a more manageable lower patio
area by the back door. Rates from £350-£600 per week. Short breaks and weekend breaks may be
available in quieter periods. Please call to discuss. Contact: Mrs Wendy Clements. Tel: 01261
843386. Mobile: 07717 220018.
Schoolhouse, Sycamore Hall, Cruden Bay, AB42 0QD. Sycamore Hall, with
views towards the sea and Slains Castle on the cliff top, is half a mile south
of the village of Cruden Bay, Aberdeenshire, a coastal village with a
picturesque fishing harbour and a long uninterrupted sandy beach. It is ideally
situated for exploring the Castle, Coastal and Whisky Trails and is an ideal
base for golfers, being half a mile from Cruden Bay Golf Course and with many
other famous and interesting courses well within an hour's travelling time.
Sycamore Hall is the converted classroom of Erroll School, a Category B listed
building built by the Earl and Countess of Erroll in 1834. The fully equipped
accommodation comprises a large entrance porch with utility room, a shower room
with toilet and an open plan ground floor with kitchen, lounge and dining
areas. A spiral staircase leads to a galleried upper floor with shower room and
toilet and two twin bedrooms. A double sofa bed in the lounge area allows for a
larger family group to stay. Children are welcome. A cot, high chair and stair
gate are available and the enclosed garden is child-friendly. The Hall is a
short distance from the big sandy beach and a nearby well-equipped play park.
There is off road parking for guests. Sycamore Hall is offered at £85 per
night. Minimum 2 nights. Reduction for weekly stays. Free WiFi. Sorry no pets.
Contact: Angela or Barry Keating. Tel: 01779 813355.
Cottage, Braemar. A stone-built cottage in traditional Scottish style,
Fern Cottage stands in its own garden on the outskirts of the village of
Braemar. The accommodation is comfortably appointed, is ideal for a larger
family and comprises a fully fitted kitchen with all modern appliances, a
spacious lounge/dining room with open fire, TV and DVD player, one double
bedded room, one twin bedded room, one single, a family bathroom and separate
WC. The rear garden backs right on to the hillside, where deer often graze and
there is a nearby duck pond. Braemar has an excellent choice of shops, pubs,
restaurants and hotels and there is plenty to do in the area including
hill-walking and climbing, skiing, fishing, golf and horse riding. From
£345-£525 per week including all bed linen, towels and a £10
electricity allowance. Heating is by gas central heating (£15 allowance
included) and open fire (starter pack of fuel also included). Short break rates
may be available. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Fern Cottage Web Page
Braemar. This cleverly converted Victorian church includes the
self-contained first floor apartment Highland Belfrey. Offering comfortable,
spacious and stylishly furnished accommodation for up to four people, this
charming property comprises a fully fitted kitchen/dining room, a separate
sitting room with TV and DVD, one double bedroom with king size bed, a second
single bedroom with additional pull out bed and a family bathroom with both
bath and shower. The church stands among trees, set back from the road and on
the banks of the river where guests may fish if they choose. Highland Belfrey
is just 2 minutes walk from the centre of the village, where there are shops,
hotels and restaurants. There are excellent walks and cycle trails which can be
accessed right from the door and Braemar is a superb centre for touring. From
£285-£415 per week including all bed linen, towels and a £20
electricity allowance. Short break rates may be available. Sorry no smoking and
no pets. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Highland Belfry Web Page
Howe of Torbeg Glamping Pods and Campsite,
Torbeg, Glen Gairn, Ballater, AB35 5XL. Howe of Torbeg is a small campsite in the heart of
Royal Deeside. Set in just 1 acre of land, surrounded by open farmland and birch woodlands, we offer
tranquil camping in style with 4 wooden Glamping Pods and 2 tent pitches. The site sits on a hillside
in Glen Gairn, just outside Ballater with open fencing to the surrounding farmland and birch woodland,
offering direct access to countryside walks and the River Gairn. Our pods can comfortably accommodate
2 adults or a family of up to 4 and our fully heated shower block has two self contained shower rooms,
one with a baby change unit. There is a fire pit for cooking and logs and other essentials can be
purchased from our small onsite office and shop. For everything else, Ballater is just a five minute
drive away. Open from May through October 2018. Glamping Pods from £60 per night. Tent pitches from
£10 per night. Well behaved pets are welcome. Contact Nicole Gildea. Tel: 013397 56262.
Puffin Cottage, 6 Beach Road,
Johnshaven, By Montrose, DD10 0EP. Puffin is a former fisherman's cottage, a
charming property which has been sensitively refurbished to provide a high standard of
guest accommodation. Deceptively spacious, Puffin sleeps five and overlooks the beach in
the picturesque village of Johnshaven. All the accommodation is on the ground floor and
includes a bright, fully fitted dining kitchen, a spacious lounge with feature fireplace,
a bathroom with a full suite including a bath with shower over, one double bedroom plus a
twin room with an additional sofa bed. Outside is a safe, enclosed rear garden and, at the
front, a grassy area which slopes down to the beach. Located between Aberdeen and Dundee,
the cottage provides an ideal base for relaxing and also for exploring the North-East coast
and nearby Royal Deeside. Open all year. Rates from £375-£650 per week inclusive
of all electricity, heating oil, coal, WiFi, bed linen and towels. Short breaks from £75-£90
per night. Children and pets welcome. Sorry no smoking. Contact: Mrs Lindsey Wardle. Tel: 01561
361901. Mobile: 07905 320353.
Sandend Cottage, Sandend, Near Banff. Set in the
picturesque 'get-away-from-it-all' fishing village of Sandend, between the
pretty harbour towns of Cullen and Portsoy on the Moray Firth, Sandend Cottage
benefits from stunning views over the wide sandy beach from the kitchen, lounge
and two front bedrooms. The elevated garden terrace and summer house, again
with stunning views, are ideal for outdoor entertaining and barbecues. The
enclosed garden and back utility/'wet' area, along with fantastic coastal
walks, makes this an ideal cottage for families, dog owners or walkers. With
a fitted kitchen and totally refurbished bathroom, this 3 bedroom traditional
cottage comfortably sleeps 5 yet still provides all the modern facilities you
would expect. Open all year. Dogs welcome. Free WiFi. Parking on quiet road in
front of cottage. TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2017 and 2018. Rates
from £380-£725 per week. Short breaks and weekend breaks may be available in
quieter periods. Please call to discuss. Contact: Mrs Wendy Clements. Tel:
01261 843386. Mobile: 07717 220018.
Seahorse Cottage, Gardenstown. Just yards from the
harbour in Gardenstown, Seahorse Cottage offers comfortable and spacious
accommodation for up to 4 guests. This well appointed property comprises a
fully fitted kitchen/dining room, a separate sitting room with multi-fuel
stove, one double bedroom with en-suite shower room, one twin room and a
separate shower room. Gardenstown has a lovely atmosphere - the town is built
on a series of terraces, linked by charming walkways. There are cafes and craft
shops, an excellent baker, a butcher and a small supermarket, so most needs are
catered for. For major shopping, Macduff and Banff are about 8 miles away. The
village of Crovie can be reached by a pleasant cliff top walk and Pennan is
close by. There are some excellent golf courses along the coast, while inland
you can head for the Speyside Way, or follow the Whisky Trail. From
£295-£495 per week. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Seahorse Cottage Web Page
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- 8 Low Shore Whitehills, Banff, AB45 2NN.
- No.13 Crovie. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- 40 Crovie Crovie. STB Awaiting Inspection.
- Aberdeen 1st Self Catering Malcolm Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen, AB21 9LN.
- Aberdeen Self Catering 2 Cairnlee Crescent South, Cults, Aberdeen, AB15 9TR.
- Aden Caravan and Camping Park Station Road, Mintlaw, AB42 5FQ. STB 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Antlers Cottage Glenmuick Estate, Ballater, AB35 5SL.
- Apartment 20 20 Queen's Court, Inchmarlo, Banchory, AB31 4BQ.
- Arbuthnott Holiday Lets The Old School, Arbuthnott, Stonehaven, AB30 1LX. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Ardo Holiday Cottages Ardo House, Aberdeen, AB23 8XN. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Ashberry Self Catering Ashgrove Avenue, Aberdeen, AB25 3BQ.
- Aswanley Holiday Cottages Glass, Huntly, AB54 4XJ.
- Auld Shop Cottage 31 Church Street, Portsoy, AB45 2RN.
- Balmakewan House Northwater Bridge, Laurencekirk, AB30 1QX. Awaiting STB Grading.
- Balmoral Holiday Cottages Balmoral Estates, Ballater, AB35 5TB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Banffshire Holiday Cottages Creel Cottage, 26 North High Street, Portsoy, AB45 2PA.
- Bankhead Steading Holiday Cottage Bankhead, Lumphanan, Banchory, AB31 4RB.
- Beach Cottage Seaview Road, Sandend, AB45 2UE.
- Bealach Cottage Viewfield Road, Ballater, AB35 5RD.
- Belvedere 7 West End, Whitehills, Banff, AB45 2NL. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Berry Apartment 8 Berry Street, Aberdeen, AB25 1DL.
- Birch Cottage By Crathie, AB35 5TJ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Birch & Willow Lodges Craiglea, Inchmarlo Home Farm, Banchory, AB31 4BT. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- The Birches Ballater, AB35 5RP.
- Bon-Accord Apartment Whinhill Gate, Aberdeen, AB11 7WG.
- Bonn-Na-Coille Cottages 8 Braemar Road, Ballater, AB35 5RL. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Braemar Holiday Lodges Glenshee Road, Braemar, AB35 5YQ. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Bruach Mhor 37 Deebank Road, Ballater, AB35 5QT.
- Buchan Ness Lighthouse Cottages Buchan Ness Lighthouse, Boddam, AB42 3NF. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Cairngorm Lodges Logie Coldstone, Dinnet, Aboyne, AB34 5PQ. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Cairnton Farm Cottage Inchmarlo, Banchory, AB31 4AS. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- Castlehill By Tullich, Ballater, AB35 5SD. STB 4 Star Self
- City Mount Self Catering Apartment Aberdeen.
- Clovenstone Lodge Kintore, Inverurie, AB51 0YS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Cluny Cottage Cluny Crichton, Banchory, AB31 4EB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- The Coo Hoose Birse, Aboyne, AB34 5BT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Cortes House Lonmay, By Fraserburgh, AB43 8UU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Craich Cottage Craich Farm, Tough, Alford, AB33 8EN. STB 3 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Craig Cottage Bridge of Alvah, Banff, AB45 3TD. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Crathie Opportunity Holidays The Manse Courtyard, Crathie, Ballater, AB35 5UL. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Category 1 access for the independent wheelchair user.
- The Creative Retreat 5 St Anns Terrace, Banff, AB45 1AW.
- Crofts Mill Ballater, AB35 5SN.
- Crovie Cottage, Crovie National Trust for Scotland holiday cottage. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation
- Dallachy Cottages Dallachy Farm, Boyndie, Banff, AB45 2LA. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Dalmore House Apartment Fife Brae, Braemar, AB35 5NS.
- Deeside Holiday Park Old Luss Road, Balloch, Alexandria, G83 8QP. 5 Star Holiday Park.
- Delgatie Castle Delgatie, Turriff, AB53 5TD.
- Deveron Valley Cottages Bridge Of Marnoch, Huntly, AB54 7XE.
- Driftwood Fountain Street, Banff. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Drumhead Cottage Finzean, Banchory, AB31 6PB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Elisabeth Cottage 25 Fife Street, Banff, AB45 1JD.
- Elmhill Self Catering Apartment c/o 64 Hilton Drive, Aberdeen, AB24 4NP.
- Executive Beach Apartments 2 Bay View Apartments, Stonehaven, AB39 2BD.
- Fordyce Castle Fordyce, AB45 2SN.
- Fyvie Castle National Trust for Scotland holiday apartment. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation.
- The Gairn 7 Salisbury Road, Ballater, AB35 5QY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Gamrie Lodge Residence Gamrie, Banff, AB45 3HL.
- Gardeners House and Bothy Fasque Castle, Fettercairn, Laurencekirk, AB30 1DN.
- Glenernan Cottages 37 Braemar Road, Ballater, AB35 5RQ. Awaiting STB Grading.
- Glen Tanar Holiday Cottages Brooks House, Glen Tanar, Aboyne, AB34 5EU. STB 3 and 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Greenpark Leisure Limited Self Catering Pine Lodges Greenpark House, Glassel, Banchory, AB31 4DB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Greenpark Leisure Limited A Caravan Club CL (Certificated Location) touring caravan site. Greenpark House, Glassel, Banchory, AB31 4DB.
- The Hansen Residence The Citadel, Aberdeen, AB11 5BQ. STB 4 Star Serviced Apartments.
- Harbour Cottage Harbour Road, Gardenstown, AB45 3YS.
- Heathcote Cottage Fordyce, Banff, AB45 2XL.
- Herons Cottage 37 Seatown, Gardenstown, AB45 3YQ. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Hill of Maunderlea Lodges Alvah, Banff, AB54 7PY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Hilton Craigendarroch Resort Braemar Road, Ballater, AB35 5XA. STB 4-5 Star Self Catering.
- Hilton Heights Self catering Apartment 28 Hilton Heights, Aberdeen, AB24 4QE.
- Hilton Self Catering 58 Kirk Brae, Cults, Aberdeen, AB15 9QQ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Holmhead Cottage Logie Coldstone, Aboyne, AB34 5PQ. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Howe of Torbeg Glamping Pods Torbeg, Glen Gairn, Ballater, AB35 5XL.
- Huntly Castle Caravan Park The Meadow, Huntly, AB54 4UJ. STB 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Inveray 7 Monaltrie Crescent, Ballater, AB35 5RN.
- Invercauld Lodges 12a Invercauld Road, Ballater, AB35 5RP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- King's Apartment 33 Seaforth Road, Aberdeen, AB24 5PG.
- Knock Cottage Crathie, By Ballater, AB35 5UP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Littlejohn Self Catering Apartment 111 Littlejohn Street, Aberdeen, AB10 1FL.
- Marischal Apartments 23 Marischal Street, Aberdeen, AB11 5AD.
- Marr Lodge National Trust for Scotland holiday apartments. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation
- Mill Cottage Lower Dess Estate, Aboyne, AB34 5BA.
- Mill of Nethermill Holidays By Pennan, Fraserburgh, AB43 6JA. STB 4 and 5 Star Self Catering.
- Myrus Holiday Park Myrus Crossroads, Macduff, AB45 3QP. STB 5 Star Holiday Park.
- Oakhill Apartments 30 Queens Road, Aberdeen, AB15 4YF. STB 5 Star Serviced Apartments.
- The Pine Lodge Glassel, Banchory, AB31 4DB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Pitmedden Garden National Trust for Scotland holiday cottage. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation.
- Portsoy Holiday Cottage 13 Low Street, Portsoy, AB45 2QQ.
- Rose Apartment 77 Dee Street, Ogilvie Building, Aberdeen, AB11 6FF.
- Rose Cottage 37 Main Street, Newburgh, Ellon, AB41 6BL.
- Royal Deeside Holiday Cottages Estate Office, Dinnet, Aboyne, AB34 5LL. STB 2 and 3 Star Self Catering.
- Seashore House Beach Road, Johnshaven, DD10 0EP.
- Skene House Suites Aberdeen. STB 3-4 Star Serviced Apartments.
- Skene Terrace Apartments 48 Skene Terrace, Aberdeen, AB10 1RP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Souter's Cottage Bridge of Crathie, By Ballater, AB35 5TB.
- The Spires Serviced Apartments 531 Great Western Road, Aberdeen, AB10 6PE. Awarded RAC 4 Diamonds.
- Stable Cottage Glassaugh Lodge, Fordyce, AB45 2UL. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- St Brandon House Country Cottages Banff, AB45 2JT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Sycamore Hall Cruden Bay, AB42 0QD.
- Tanar View Glen Tanar, Aboyne, AB34 5ET. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Thistle Apartments 9 Aryburn Row, Aberdeen, AB21 7JQ.
- Tomidhu Crathie, Ballater, AB35 5UL.
- Towie Barclay Castle National Trust for Scotland holiday cottage. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation.
- Thistle Apartments 9 Aryburn Row, Aberdeen, AB21 7JQ.
- Town Apartments 66 Great Northern Road, Aberdeen, AB24 3PT. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- University of Aberdeen The Conference Office, Kings College, Old Aberdeen, AB24 3FX. STB 2 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- West Gallaton Farmhouse West Gallaton, Stonehaven, AB39 2TU.
- Woodend Chalet Holidays Laigh Riggs, Kincardine Road, Torphins, AB31 4GH. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.