Go to St Kilda, Stein, Waternish, Isle of Skye, IV55 8GA. STB 5 Star Tours. St Kilda is north west Europe's
largest seabird colony and is home to the UK's largest colony of Atlantic puffin, northern fulmar and one of the
world's largest gannetaries. Its unique habitat has led to it being granted UNESCO Dual World Heritage Site and
National National Nature Reserve status; a status shared by nowhere else in the UK. Go St Kilda offers single day,
independent camping trips, 5 day photography holidays, private groups excursions and bespoke packages to suit all
ages, abilities and interests. The boat you will travel in will be 'Infinity', a fast, comfortable, seaworthy and
safe craft for up to 12 passengers and up to 3 crew. Facilities include a toilet, indoors cabin, open air rear
viewing deck, and ample dry storage for luggage. She is crewed by an experienced team led by Skipper Kenneth Mackinnon,
who is ably assisted by a great group of people whose skills include guiding, diving, kayaking, marine photography and all
things aquatic. You will certainly be in safe hands. For further information, visit the website or Tel: 07789 914144.
St Hilda Sea Adventures - Scottish Cruises: St Hilda Sea
Adventures provides small ship cruising and wildlife holiday on the beautiful
west coast of Scotland in the Hebrides or in Argyll; an unforgettable adventure
for all ages! Each trip is a unique holiday experience, with your own onboard
skipper and cook, on board the traditional wooden 54ft ketch St Hilda or on
their wee ship Seahorse II. The small cruise ships anchor in the most sheltered,
idyllic places where passengers can visit distilleries, world famous islands
such as St Kilda, Isle of Skye, Mull, Jura, Islay, Staffa and Iona, watch the
wildlife, go fishing or swim in the sea lochs. Dolphins, porpoises, basking
sharks, otters, and many species of birds are regularly seen and even the
occasional Minke whale. Each day is as action packed or as relaxing as you
please. Bed and Breakfast is available aboard the St Hilda when she is at
anchor in the tranquil waters of Tobermory bay, Isle of Mull.
Red Moon Cruises. A 'deliciously relaxing way to cruise'! The motor-sailing boat Red Moon
is a characterful small cruising vessel with extremely well-appointed and comfortable guest
accommodation. Red Moon Cruises operates primarily from the Kyle of Lochalsh and we specialise in
cruising the stunning region around Skye and her islands and the Lochalsh and Wester Ross coasts.
Red Moon is perfect for groups of friends, families or couples and can accommodate up to four
guests for an exclusive and bespoke charter cruise; imagine escaping in your own private cruise
vessel to sail where you wish ( weather permitting!), while you enjoy some of the best local
produce and watch superb scenery go by. We know the best places to spot amazing local wildlife
and to give you a fabulous and memorable experience in this beautiful part of the world. Whether
you visit Scotland for walking, wildlife, history or romance, a cruise on Red Moon is very special.
For further details please visit our website or call Scott and Mary on +44(0)7768 101667.
Sea Skye Marine Isle of Skye Boat Trips, Talisker Pontoons, Carbost, Isle of Skye, IV47 8SZ.
Escape the crowds and explore Skye's beauty from the sea with Sea Skye's Isle of Skye Boat Trips. Skipper Kenny
is locally born and bred in Dunvegan and has been around boats all his life. His crew are an experience bunch
with skills in kayaking, oceanography, marine photography and diving. SeaSkye’s seafari trips depart from a modern
pontoon 200m past the Talisker Distillery in Carbost, Isle of Skye. All trips are carried out on modern RIBs (Rigid
Inflatable Boats). Waterproof over clothing and lifejackets are provided for for your safety and comfort. Join the
crew on a short cruise to the area of Loch Bracadale, or a longer jaunt to the Macleod’s Maidens, impressive sea
stacks standing up to 65m tall and home to a variety of sea birds, including cormorants, fulmars and often sea
eagles. An extended 3 hour tour takes in all the sites of the wildlife tour, with has the added bonus of continuing
up to Neist Point and its remote lighthouse. For further information and to book, visit the website or Tel: 07789
E-mail: via our online form
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
For local activities and businesses, see the relevant links pages.
For events in the area, see the What's On? page.
- Angus MacAskill Museum Museum in Dunvegan about Scotland's tallest man. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Aquaxplore A fast passenger service to the Isles of Rum and Canna and also Loch Coruisk. Elgol, By Broadford, Isle of Skye, IV49 9BJ.
- Armadale Castle Gardens The ruins of Armadale Castle with the surrounding gardens and the Museum of the Isles. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Balmacara Estate A diverse highland crofting estate of high nature conservation and cultural value.
- Bella Jane Boat Trips Boat trips from Elgol into the heart of the Cuillin. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Bernera Barracks Ruined Georgian barracks near Glenelg. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Calum's Road Inspirational road built by one man on Raasay. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Cill Chriosd Ruined church on the road to Elgol. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Colbost Croft Museum Museum recreating a crofting lifestyle. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Columba 1400 Community and International Leadership Centre. Staffin, Isle of Skye, IV51 9JY.
- Dun Beag Broch A fine example of a Hebridean broch, apparently occupied to the 18th century. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Dun Telve Broch One of the Glenelg Brochs, and one of the best preserved brochs in Scotland. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Dun Troddan Broch One of the Glenelg Brochs, and one of the best preserved brochs in Scotland. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Dunvegan Castle Magnificent home of the Chiefs of Clan MacLeod. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Edinbane Pottery Pottery inspired by the Isle of Skye: workshop and gallery. Edinbane, Isle of Skye, IV51 9PW.
- Eilean Bàn & the Bright Water Visitor Centre The Eilean Bàn Trust & Bright Water Visitor Centre. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Eilean Donan Castle Castle, Exhibitions and Visitor Centre. Dornie, By Kyle of Lochalsh. IV40 8DX. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Experience Portree Portree walking tours and experiences giving a taste of life on the island.
- Feis an Eilein - The Skye Festival An 11 day feast of music, song, dance, storytelling, theatre and film.
- Fort William & Skye Tour Driving tour taking in Fort William and Southern Skye. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Glenelg Ferry Community owned short ferry crossing from Glenelg to Skye. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Battle of Glen Shiel The only battle to be fought during the short 1719 Jacobite uprising. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Go to St Kilda providing trips to St Kilda departing Stein in Waternish from April-September. Also offering private charter and trips to the Harris Distillery by arrangement.
- Isle of Raasay Distillery Distillery and visitor centre on the Isle of Raasay. The island's first ever legal Scotch whisky distillery.
- Isle of Skye Brewery Brewery Tours and Shop. Uig, IV51 9XP.
- Kilmuir Graveyard Superbly located graveyard, best known as last resting place of Flora MacDonald. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Kilvaxter Souterrain A souterrain and iron age farmstead. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Kintail & Morvich Kintail is a wild landscape with exceptional mountain scenery, which includes the magnificent ridge of the Five Sisters.
- Kyle Line Museum Museum in Kyle railway station. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Misty Isle Boat Trips Pleasure trips to see seals, dolphins etc. and visit Loch Coruisk in the heart of the Cuillins. Trips depart from Elgol. Elgol, Isle of Skye, IV49 9BL.
- Museum of the Isles Excellent museum in Armadale Castle Gardens. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Portree Parish Church The church overlooking Somerled Square in Portree. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Raasay Gallery Selling paintings, jewellery, pottery and cards, all by local artists. Ferryview, West Suisnish, Isle of Raasay, IV40 8NX.
- Raasay House Food, drink, accommodation and outdoor activities on Raasay. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Raasay Pictish Stone Unusual Pictish stone on Raasay. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Sea.fari Adventures Scotland's foremost sealife adventure boating specialists. Armadale Pier, Sleat, Isle of Skye.
- Seaprobe Atlantis The UK's only semi-submersible passenger vessel. The Old Ferry Slipway, Kyle of Lochalsh. STB 4 Star Visitor Attraction.
- SeaSkye Boat Trips Offering the only boat trips to explore NW Skye from Carbost daily throughout April-October, with trips ranging from 1 1/2-3 hours.
- Sgurr nan Conbhairean A group of mountains north of the A87. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Skye Bird of Prey Experience Pre-booked one hour hawk walk with our beautiful Harris hawks. 6 Ellishader, Isle of Skye IV51 9JE.
- Skye Bridge Beautiful bridge linking Skye to mainland Scotland. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Skye Museum of Island Life Excellent recreation of a crofting township. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- SkyeSkyns 17 Lochbay, Waternish, Isle of Skye, IV55 8GD.
- South Glen Shiel The mountains to the south of Glen Shiel. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- St Maol-luag's Chapel Historic ruined chapel and graveyard. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Staffin Museum Small community-based museum on the eastern coast of the Trotternish peninsula. 6 Ellishader, Isle of Skye IV51 9JE.
- Talisker Distillery Skye's only distillery, complete with visitor centre. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- White Wave - Skye's Outdoor Centre 'a cross between an activity centre, an inn, a ceilidh place and a family home...' No. 19 Lincro, Kilmuir, Isle of Skye.