Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's New page and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Comrie in Perthshire has a unique claim to fame. It is the earthquake capital of the UK, being subject to more, and more intense, earthquakes than anywhere else in these islands. Because of this it is sometimes referred to as the "Shaky Toun" or, in Gaelic, "Am Baile Critheanach". One result of this is The Earthquake House, built on a rocky outcrop in a field on the west side of the village and said to be Europe's smallest listed building. Why the geology here should be so active is a matter of debate. ( More ...)
On This Day
7 December 521: The birth in County Donegal in Ireland of the man who would go on to become Saint Columba.
Today's header slides are of the beautiful scenery in the northern part of the island of Barra, in the Western Isles, and a view of Bowmore Distillery, located in the centre of village of Bowmore on Islay.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com