6 Howbeg, South Uist, HS8 5SQ.
In a peaceful setting amid the natural beauty of South Uist in the Western Isles,
6 Howbeg provides the ideal location for a restful break on one of Scotland's most
beautiful islands. South Uist has some 20 miles of stunning beaches, wonderful
wildlife and historic sites including both Neolithic and Viking. The property has
been recently renovated and modernised and comprises a fitted kitchen with a full
range of appliances, a separate lounge with lovely views and TV/DVD, three bedrooms
- one double and two twins - and a shower room. A cot and high chair can be provided.
Free WiFi is included. Golfing, bird watching and fishing (loch permits are available
from South Uist Estate) attract many visitors back to South Uist year on year.
We're sure, that having visited once, you will want to come back again too!
Open all year. Rates from £370-£600 per week. Contact: Iain or Joe
MacLeod. Tel: 01687 460014.
Aite MhicCealaig, 309A Kilphedar, Lochboisdale, South Uist, HS8
5TB. This luxury thatched cottage is nestled in the quiet little
crofting community of Kilpheder (Cille Pheadair) just a few minutes walk from
tranquil, unspoilt white beaches. Close to Daliburgh, home of 'Ceolas', where
you can enjoy traditional gaelic entertainment, music and dance, Aite
MhicCealaig is also ideally located for short trips to the Island of Eriskay.
The property has been beautifully renovated to 5 star standard and comprises an
open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room with French doors out to the garden, an
en-suite master bedroom with super kingsize brass bed, a second bedroom with
two luxurious four foot beds and a main bathroom with Victorian style suite, a
free-standing roll top tub and separate walk-in shower. An outhouse has washing
and drying facilities. You'll find a well stocked shop, post office and garage
just a 5 minute drive away. Open all year. Rates from £600 per week.
Includes free Wi-Fi. Dogs welcome. Tel: +44 (0) 141 956 6686. Mobile: 07886
Boreray Cottage, Clachan Sands, North Uist. Standing in a
quarter of an acre of grounds just yards from shore at Clachan Sands, Boreray
is a charming whitewashed Hebridean cottage, perfect for a honeymoon or a
romantic get-away-from-it-all holiday. While maintaining its character, Boreray
Cottage has been brought right up-to-date, with double glazing, efficient
electric heating and an electric flame effect stove. Solid cherrywood floors
feature throughout and the decor is an eclectic mix, endowing this delightful
cottage with lots of character. The living area is open plan and most
comfortably furnished. The kitchen and shower room are both smart and modern,
and as a final romantic flourish, the double bedroom has a four poster bed.
There is plenty of parking, the sea views are stupendous and there is a handy
stone barn alongside. Open all year. From £345-£675 per week
including provision of all bed linen and towels, WiFi uo to 5GB per week and
the first £25 of electricity. Up to two dogs allowed at an additional
charge, but no smoking. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Boreray Cottage Web Page
Ford House, Creagorry, Benbecula.
Ford House is situated in the village of Creagorry in Benbecula, 200 yards from the South Ford
causeway, which links Benbecula to South Uist. Set within miles of white sandy beaches, extending
through the machair land into rugged moorland and hills, this well appointed property enjoys a
panoramic view over this ever changing setting. Ford House dates to the early 1900s and comprises
a fully fitted kitchen, a separate dining room, a comfortably furnished sitting room with an open
fire and four bedrooms, including a double on the ground floor and two twins and a further double on
the upper floor. The downstairs double room has en-suite facilities and one twin and the upstairs
double have vanity basins and shower cubicles. The main bathroom has both a bath and separate
shower cubicle. Outside is an enclosed garden with ample storage and parking. From £450-
£550 per week. The rate includes WiFi, linen, towels, electricity and toiletries. Contact
Ian and Rhoda Muncaster. Tel: 01870 602268.
Otter House (Taigh Dòbhrain), Sidinish,
Isle of North Uist. This truly unique house nestles into the rocks of Loch a' Ghoill. Its
stone cladding and turf roof blend into the surrounding landscape, disguising the eco-construction
of this beautiful, modern, cosy nest for two. Taigh Dòbhrain is accessed via a cave-like entrance
which opens into a spacious kitchen/living/dining area. The view from the windows gives a sense of
being on the loch's edge and the private loch-side balcony has stunning views across the water and
moors to Eaval and Bureaval. The double bedroom has a kingsize bed and ample storage. There is a
separate shower room where daylight streams in via a sunpipe. The property has underfloor heating
with the addition of a wood burning stove for those chillier nights. You'll find ideas on things
to do and places to go in the welcome guide, though you may just want to arrive and never leave!
Open all year. Rates from £400-£700 per week. Includes free WiFi. Tel: 07780 937278.
E-mail: via our online form
Rowan Holiday Cottage -
Luxury Self-Catering Accommodation on North Uist. This luxury
self catering holiday cottage has been described by our guests as the
best self catering holiday accommodation they have ever stayed in.
Situated on the shores of
Loch Blashaval with sea views, Rowan Cottage is a newly refurbished property
offering comfortable accommodation for up to 6 guests. With uninterrupted views
that extend to Harris and the Isle of Skye, the cottage is fitted out to the
highest standard and comprises an open plan kitchen/diner with a table seating
6, a sitting room with wood stove and French doors, 3 bedrooms, one with kingsize
bed, the second a double and a further twin room, plus a family bathroom with a
walk in shower with a giant rain head and a freestanding bath. Come to explore
our white sandy beaches, go fly fishing for salmon and Brown trout (some of the
lochs are within walking distance of the cottage) or to watch our abundant wildlife.
A telescope is provided at the cottage and seals, sea otters, porpoises, red deer
and rare birds, including sea eagles, can often be seen. See our web site link
below for availability. From £400 per week. Contact Chris Dickinson on 07748 680212.
1 Northside Kallin, Grimsay, North Uist HS6 5HY. Tastefully restored,
this cosy cottage, ideally situated on the picturesque island of Grimsay,
between Benbecula and N Uist,is the perfect base from which to explore the
Hebridean Way and neighbouring islands. The recently renovated accommodation
sleeps 6 and comprises living room with multi-fuel stove and solid oak floor,
kitchen/diner opening onto a secluded patio, ground floor bathroom, double
bedroom and upstairs,1 double ensuite and twin room, all with beautiful views
over loch, hill and sea. The patio overlooks uninterrupted moorland views with
hen harriers, owls, a heron which flies overhead between the lochs, as well as
our resident wren and any number of visiting birds. This tranquil space is a
favourite with many of our visitors. There is off-road parking for 2 vehicles
adjacent to the property. Open all year. Rates from £497 per week including bed
linen, towels, electric heating throughout, cleaning materials, WiFi and freesat
TV. Contact Mairi on +44 (0)7879 881904.
Tigh Alasdair, Sidinish,
Locheport, Isle of North Uist. In a peaceful location with views across
Locheport and Loch an Ghoil to Eavaal and Bureavaal, Tigh Alasdair is a self
catering bungalow set on the family croft. The accommodation is all on one level
and comprises a fully fitted kitchen with all modern conveniences, a comfortable
living/dining room with open fire, a bathroom with bath and shower over, plus two
bedrooms, one double and the other a twin/double. A travel cot, bedding and high
chair can be provided on request. Outside the garden is fully fenced and there is
a shed for storage of bicycles and fishing equipment. A table with bench seating
and a barbecue are provided. Tigh Alasdair has ample parking. Open all year. Rates
from £250-£520 per week inclusive of electricity, all linen, peat for the fire and
a broadband internet connection. A starter pack of provisions can be arranged on
request. Please note: Tigh Alasdair is non smoking. Well behaved pets welcome.
Contact Janet MacDonald. Tel: +44 (0)778 0937 278. Fax: +44 (0)1470 521 655.
E-mail: via our booking form
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- 1 Ardveenish Northbay, Isle of Barra, HS9 5YA.
- 2 Kyles Paible, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5DY. Awaiting STB Grading.
- 6a Loch Carnan Isle of South Uist, HS5 8NU.
- Aird Na Haunn 1a Haun, Eriskay, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5JH. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- An t-Seann Dachaidh Hougharry, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5DL. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Atlantic View 76 Lower Borve, Isle of Barra, HS9 5XR. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Bayview Cottage Griminish, Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5QA.
- Ben Scrien Cottage Balla, Isle of Eriskay, HS8 5JL.
- Ceum A Bhealaich Self Catering Flat. Kentangaval, Isle of Barra.
- Chrissie's Cottage 2 Kyles, Paible, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5DY. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Eriskay Holiday Cottage 3 St Michael's Drive, Isle of Eriskay, HS8 5JT.
- Eriskay Lilt 1 Haun, Isle of Eriskay, HS8 5JH.
- Eriskay Self Catering Carrick, Bun a Mhuillin, Eriskay, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5JR.
- Family House 337 North Boisdale, Lochboisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5SS.
- Glendale Self Catering 7 Kallin, Grimsay, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5HY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Heisker 15a Balemore, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5EB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Lily Pond Cottage 4 Loch Carnan, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5NU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Lionacleit Self Catering 27 Lionaclate, Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5PY.
- Locheynort Chalet 6 North Locheynort, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5SJ.
- The Moorings Grimsay, Isle of North Uist. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- North Uist Self Catering Two self catering properties. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Number Nine 9 Ardmhor, Northbay, Isle of Barra, HS9 5YB.
- Ocean View Cottages 410 Smerclate, Isle Of South Uist, HS8 5TU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Parkhill Self Catering Parkhill, Claddach, Baleshare, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5EN.
- Redburn House Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ronald's Cottage 16 Rhugashinish, Lochcarnan, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5PE. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Rona View Grimsay, Isle of North Uist. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Seann Taigh 472 South Lochboisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5UB.
- Smiddy Cottage 410 Smerclate, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5TU. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- The Smiddy at Burnside Croft Berneray, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BJ. STB 5 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- South Uist Cottages 364 South Boisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5TE. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Stilligarry Cottage136 Stilligarry, Lochboisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5RS.
- Struan House Self Catering 12 Malaglate, Sollas, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BX.
- Taigh Bàthach 6 Cheesebay, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AT.
- Taigh Mo Sheanair Rhuban, Isle of Eriskay, HS8 5JJ.
- Tigh Geal 8a Sollas, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Tigh-na-Mara 1A Claddach, Kirkibost, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5EP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Torrangorm Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Tractor Shed Bunkhouse and Camping Huts Paible, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5DZ.
- Tranquil Sands Holiday Home 7a Paiblesgarry, Bayhead, North Uist, HS6 5EF.