Boreray Cottage, Clachan Sands, North Uist. Standing in a
quarter of an acre of grounds just yards from shore at Clachan Sands, Boreray
is a charming whitewashed Hebridean cottage, perfect for a honeymoon or a
romantic get-away-from-it-all holiday. While maintaining its character, Boreray
Cottage has been brought right up-to-date, with double glazing, efficient
electric heating and an electric flame effect stove. Solid cherrywood floors
feature throughout and the decor is an eclectic mix, endowing this delightful
cottage with lots of character. The living area is open plan and most
comfortably furnished. The kitchen and shower room are both smart and modern,
and as a final romantic flourish, the double bedroom has a four poster bed.
There is plenty of parking, the sea views are stupendous and there is a handy
stone barn alongside. Open all year. From £345-£675 per week
including provision of all bed linen and towels, WiFi uo to 5GB per week and
the first £25 of electricity. Up to two dogs allowed at an additional
charge, but no smoking. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Boreray Cottage Web Page
Otter House (Taigh Dòbhrain), Sidinish,
Isle of North Uist. This truly unique house nestles into the rocks of Loch a' Ghoill. Its
stone cladding and turf roof blend into the surrounding landscape, disguising the eco-construction
of this beautiful, modern, cosy nest for two. Taigh Dòbhrain is accessed via a cave-like entrance
which opens into a spacious kitchen/living/dining area. The view from the windows gives a sense of
being on the loch's edge and the private loch-side balcony has stunning views across the water and
moors to Eaval and Bureaval. The double bedroom has a kingsize bed and ample storage. There is a
separate shower room where daylight streams in via a sunpipe. The property has underfloor heating
with the addition of a wood burning stove for those chillier nights. You'll find ideas on things
to do and places to go in the welcome guide, though you may just want to arrive and never leave!
Open all year. Rates from £400-£700 per week. Includes free WiFi. Tel: 07780 937278.
E-mail: via our online form
Rowan Holiday Cottage - Luxury Self Catering
Accommodation on North Uist. As seen on TV, when Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse visited Rowan
Cottage, during BBC2's "Gone Fishing" Episode 1, Series 4. This luxury self catering holiday
cottage has been described by our guests as the best self catering holiday accommodation they
have ever stayed in. Best Selling Author Peter May described Rowan Cottage as having "One of the most
spectacular views on North Uist from the comfort of a beautifully restored house."
Situated on the shores of Loch
Blashaval, a sea loch on the island of North Uist in the Outer Hebrides, the cottage has uninterrupted
views from the Isle of Harris to the Isle of Skye. The Western Isles have an abundance of
wildlife and are blessed with some of the best beaches in the UK with white sand and turquoise
water. The cottage sleeps up to 6 guests in 3 bedrooms and is fitted out to the highest of standards
to make your stay the most comfortable as possible. A telescope is provided to assist you with viewing
seals, sea otters, porpoises, red deer and rare birds, including sea eagles, from the house. Fly fishing
for sea trout, salmon and brown trout is popular on the Island of North Uist and information can be
found on other pages on this site, with some of the lochs within walking distance of the cottage. Free
WiFi with unlimited data now available for guests at Rowan Cottage. From £695 per week. Contact Norman
Mackay on 07549 499916.
E-mail: [email protected]
Tigh Alasdair, Sidinish,
Locheport, Isle of North Uist. In a peaceful location with views across
Locheport and Loch an Ghoil to Eavaal and Bureavaal, Tigh Alasdair is a self
catering bungalow set on the family croft. The accommodation is all on one level
and comprises a fully fitted kitchen with all modern conveniences, a comfortable
living/dining room with open fire, a bathroom with bath and shower over, plus two
bedrooms, one double and the other a twin/double. A travel cot, bedding and high
chair can be provided on request. Outside the garden is fully fenced and there is
a shed for storage of bicycles and fishing equipment. A table with bench seating
and a barbecue are provided. Tigh Alasdair has ample parking. Open all year. Rates
from £250-£520 per week inclusive of electricity, all linen, peat for the fire and
a broadband internet connection. A starter pack of provisions can be arranged on
request. Please note: Tigh Alasdair is non smoking. Well behaved pets welcome.
Contact Janet MacDonald. Tel: +44 (0)778 0937 278.
E-mail: via our booking form
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- 1 Ardveenish Northbay, Isle of Barra, HS9 5YA.
- Aird Na Haunn 1a Haun, Eriskay, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5JH. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- An t-Seann Dachaidh Hougharry, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5DL. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Atlantic View 76 Lower Borve, Isle of Barra, HS9 5XR. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Bayview Cottage Griminish, Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5QA.
- Ceum A Bhealaich Self Catering Flat. Kentangaval, Isle of Barra.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the Uists & Barra visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Eriskay Lilt 1 Haun, Isle of Eriskay, HS8 5JH.
- Grimsay Glamping Grimsay, Isle of North Uist.
- Lily Pond Cottage 4 Loch Carnan, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5NU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Lionacleit Self Catering 27 Lionaclate, Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5PY.
- North Uist Self Catering Two self catering properties. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Number Nine 9 Ardmhor, Northbay, Isle of Barra, HS9 5YB.
- Parkhill Self Catering Parkhill, Claddach, Baleshare, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5EN.
- Redburn House Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ronald's Cottage 16 Rhugashinish, Lochcarnan, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5PE. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Seann Taigh 472 South Lochboisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5UB.
- The Smiddy at Burnside Croft Berneray, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BJ. STB 5 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- South Uist Cottages 364 South Boisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5TE. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Struan House Self Catering 12 Malaglate, Sollas, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BX.
- Taigh Bàthach 6 Cheesebay, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AT.
- Taigh Mairi Grimsay, Isle of North Uist.
- Tigh Geal 8a Sollas, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Tigh-na-Mara 1A Claddach, Kirkibost, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5EP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Torrangorm Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Tractor Shed Bunkhouse and Camping Huts Paible, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5DZ.
- Tranquil Sands Holiday Home 7a Paiblesgarry, Bayhead, North Uist, HS6 5EF.
- Vatersay Old School Vatersay, Isle of Barra, HS9 5YW.