Northton, Isle Of Harris, HS3 3JA. In a wonderfully peaceful location,
this traditional Hebridean croft house has been fully modernised to provide
comfortable accommodation for from 4 to 6 guests. It benefits from great views
over Mount Chiapaval and Northton Bay, a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
There are beautiful unspoilt beaches within easy walking distance and mountain
and coastal walks in the area. 31 Northton is also a great base for touring.
The well appointed accommodation comprises a modern, well equipped kitchen, a
dining room, a living room with Rayburn stove and a large lounge with a sofa
bed. There are two bedrooms on the upper floor, a double and a twin, plus a
family bathroom with a bath and a shower. Outside there is off-road parking and
safe storage for bikes. Open all year. Rates from £550-£975 per
week including all electricity and fuel cost, linen and WiFi. Please note: we
are sorry, but we cannot accept pets. Tel: Colin or Janet on 07765 126967 or 07796 140979.
The Byre at 31 Northton,
Isle Of Harris, HS3 3JA. In a wonderfully peaceful location, this stylish
conversion of an original Croft Byre sleeps 2 and sits adjacent to the cottage at
31 Northton, but with separate access. It benefits from great views over Mount
Chiapaval and Northton Bay, a Site of Special Scientific Interest, from its tower
lounge/viewing room. The well appointed accommodation also includes an open-plan
kitchen/dining/lounge with a multi-fuel wood burning stove, well equipped kitchen
area, space for dining, comfortable seating, Smart internet TV, DVD, Fast broadband
and Wi-fi. Additionally, The Byre has one double bedroom and a shower room. Outside
there is a private car parking space and safe storage for bikes. There are beautiful
unspoilt beaches within easy walking distance and mountain and coastal walks in the
area. Open all year. Rates from £575-£950 per week including all electricity,
fuel and linen. Single person discount avaiable on request. Please note: we are sorry,
but we cannot accept pets in The Byre. Tel: Colin or Janet on 07765 126967 or 07796 140979.
Abhainn Cottage, Breasclete, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ED.
Within 1.5 miles of the Callanish standing stones,
Abhainn Cottage is in the perfect central location for exploring Lewis and
Harris. This traditional croft house has been finished to the highest standard
to provide accommodation for up to 6. It has 2 en-suite bedrooms and an office
with sofabed. The master bedroom has a superking bed and a spacious en-suite
with large double ended spa bath, rain shower and under floor heating. The
living area features luxurious leather couches, a real open fire and a 42" LCD
TV with DVD player. Patio doors open out onto a decking area overlooking Uig.
There is also a large open plan kitchen/dining area with all modern appliances
including a large fridge freezer with ice machine. A full Sky TV package and
free WiFi are included. Open all year. From £450-£980 per week.
Early Bird Sale: 20% off for 2020 - 7 nights from £380. Breakfast, evening meal
packages and short breaks also available. Contact David Macarthur. Tel: 01851 621397.
Isle of Harris. Located on the West Coast of South Harris with its
superb scenery and spectacular beaches, àilean is a spacious and
luxurious self catering house sleeping up to 6 guests. The superb accommodation
comprises a large open plan living area downstairs, plus a utility room, a
bedroom with kingsize bed, a large bathroom with double-ended bath, a separate
shower and infra-red sauna. Upstairs are 2 large bedrooms one with a kingsize
bed, the other with twin beds (both en-suite) and a quiet seating area, which
is the ideal place to curl up with a good book. From the large windows at the
front of the house guests have stunning views of Taransay, the Atlantic Ocean,
the North Harris hills and beautiful sunsets. àilean is in a great
location in the midst of the island's world class beaches and is perfect for
enjoying outdoor activities and wildlife watching as well as providing a great
base for touring the islands more widely. àilean is just 25 minutes
drive from Tarbert and about 1 hour 20 minutes from Stornoway. Open all year.
Rates from £925 per week. Contact: Alison. Tel: 01764 682568. Mobile:
Aisling Cottage, Meavag, Isle of Harris. Enjoying
magnificent sea views, Aisling Cottage combines a luxurious contemporary
interior with the traditional styling of a croft house. Sleeping up to 8
guests, all rooms are beautifully furnished. The well appointed accommodation
includes a spacious open plan kitchen/living/dining area with all modern
appliances including a dishwasher, Freeview TV, an iPod dock and wireless
Internet, a separate utility room, a master bedroom on the ground floor with
en-suite bathroom, two twin rooms, one with en-suite shower room, and a double
room all on the upper floor, plus a family bathroom. The cottage has its own
private drive and has ample parking for at least 6 vehicles. Aisling Cottage is
3 miles from the Tarbert ferry terminal and conveniently located for a host of
activities in the local area. Open all year. From £400-£800 per
week. Contact Peggy MacLeod. Tel: 01859 502487. Mobile: 07709
Albany Cottage, Kyles, Isle of Harris. STB 4 Star Self
Catering. Walkers and Cyclists Welcome Award. This beautifully modernised
detached stone blackhouse dates from 1803 and is set in a peaceful location 5
miles east of Tarbert in the small village of Kyles.
A great base for
exploring, for walking and climbing and for seeking out the gorgeous unspoilt
sandy beaches that Harris has in abundance, you'll find everything close by
including local shops and places to eat. The luxury accommodation is all at
ground level and comprises a large kitchen/diner with separate utility room, a
cosy lounge with a large plasma TV, home cinema system and Sky, one kingsize
double bedroom and a spacious shower room with walk-in shower. Egyptian
cotton linens, bathrobes and Highland Aromatics toiletries are provided as is
WiFi and a welcome pack. Open all year. Rates from £495 per week. Please
note Albany Cottage is non smoking and cannot accept pets. Contact Martin
Myers. Tel: 01859 520746.
Wellness Self Catering at Beachview Cottages, 13 Northton, Isle of Harris, HS3
3JA. Wonderfully remote in the midst of the most beautiful white sandy beaches of South Harris,
these two 5 Star cottages are the perfect base to explore the Isle of Harris. Wild walks start within
a 5 minute walk of the cottages on vast, empty beaches.
Gannet and Fulmar are beautiful cottages with stunning
panoramic views over Scarista beach. Be amazed by the ever-changing skies, or relax in the Jacuzzi spa
in the luxury bathrooms with sauna and steam shower. Each has two bedrooms with ensuite bath/shower rooms,
sleeping 2-4 people. The cottages, located in the middle of 5 of Harris's most beautiful beaches, are mostly
booked a year in advance. Check our website for availability or give us a call any time for information.
Jan and Suzan are exceptionally warm hosts who go out of their way for you – or leave you in peace. Enjoy
fishing, biking, seal-watching and wildlife. Open all year. Rates from £1150 -£1500 per week including all
linen, towels, fast WiFi and HD TV. We welcome a well behaved dog on request. Dog Policy applies, fee £75
per week. We also have a large luxury family house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, Jacuzzi and woodburner.
For info, please see a 2 minute video here. or call Jan or Suzan Visser on 01859 520315.
WWW: www.beachviewcottages.eu and Kilda House Website
Blacksheep House, Strond, Isle of Harris, HS5 3UD. STB 5
Star Self Catering. An architect designed renovation of a traditional Hebridean
blackhouse, Blacksheep House is winner of the Grand Designs Home of the Year
Award and a very special place. In presenter Kevin McCloud's words, "What I
love about this house is that it's almost as if they went up the mountain,
collected bits of mountain, brought them back down and built their house out of
them". The house is situated on the south coast of South Harris, with stunning
views across the Sound of Harris to The Uists. The village of Leverburgh is
only a mile away. Blacksheep House comprises a fully fitted kitchen, a spacious
living/dining room with panoramic windows, a large and secluded bedroom with
comfortable kingsize bed and a luxury bathroom. A second bedroom sits on a
platform above the living space. Open all year. Rates from
£890-£1280 per week. Contact: Dinaz and David Williams. Tel: 01732
Borvemor Cottages at Scarista, 9 Scarista, Isle of Harris,
HS3 3HX. Comprising five self catering cottages, all in differing styles,
Borvemor Cottages occupy a superb location on the seaward side of main A859 road
on the West coast of South Harris and close to magnificent Atlantic Beach.
The traditional Blackhouse sleeps 2
and is built from stone, wood and thatch. The characterful Hebridean interior
includes a king-size bed in the main bedroom, underfloor heating in the bathroom
and a glass fronted coal fired stove in the open plan kitchen/dining/living space
which also has a cosy box bed off it. Vallay House is a delightful traditional
croft house sleeping 6 and offers very comfortable family accommodation. The Byre
and Stable cottages, sleeping up to 6-11 together and 4 or 7 persons respectively
if booked seperately, were created from existing steadings, and are adjoining one
another. And last, but not least, our spacious and highly appointed Beach Studio
Apartment sleeps 6-8 guests. Combine a booking of this apartment with the steading
properties and groups of up to 16 can be comfortably catered for. Open April through
October. Rates from £450-£1150 per week. See our website for up to date availability
and online booking. Pet dogs are welcome in the Beach House, Vallay House and
Steading Cottages only. For further information, or to book, visit the Borvemor
Cottages website or CONTACT individual family owners for each property via their
The Blackhouse, Vallay House, Beach Studio, or Byre and Stable Cottages.
St Clements Croft, Rodel, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TW. Nestled at the foot of
St Clements Church in the village of Rodel on South Harris, St Clements Croft is the ideal base for
your Harris holiday. Sleeping a
maximum of 6 guests, this well appointed property comprises a fully fitted kitchen with dining
area, a separate lounge, one twin bedroom, two double bedrooms and a family bathroom with separate
bath and shower. The views from the croft are outstanding, taking in hills and sea through the glen
towards the village of Leverburgh and across the water towards Borrisdale. You'll find plenty to see
and do on Harris, as well as further afield on neighbouring Lewis and the Uists. You have peace and
relaxation on the doorstep, while being just a short drive away from the local beaches, shops and
the ferry to the Uists. Open all year. From £550-£850 per week, including all electricity,
linen, towels, WiFi and a welcome pack. Contact Iain MacLean. Tel: 07879 070397.
Clisham Cottage, Ardhasaig,
Isle of Harris, HS3 3AJ. 4 Star Self Catering. Set in a spectacular location,
surrounded by the North Harris hills and overlooking Ardhasaig Bay, Clisham Cottage
offers highly appointed accommodation for up to 6 guests in 3 bedrooms. All rooms are
individually and tastefully decorated and the ground floor self contained, making the
cottage suitable for guests with limited mobility. The property comprises, on the
ground floor, a fully fitted kitchen, a spacious lounge with dining area, one double
bedroom and a bathroom. To the lower ground is a further double bedroom with en-suite
bathroom and a twin room. Outside is a decked area, ample parking and an outhouse
suitable for storing bicycles and other outdoor equipment. Clisham Cottage is close
to the village shop with petrol pumps, and under 3 miles from Tarbert. Open all year.
From £450 per week. Contact Donalda Maclean. Tel: +44 (0)1859 50 2066 (evenings).
Cluer Holidays, 5
Cluer, Grosebay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EP. Overlooking Loch Stockinish at Cluer
on the east coast of Harris, 5 Cluer is a spacious 4 bedroom house with a south facing
aspect. In a tranquil location, this well appointed property comprises a well equipped
kitchen/dining room, a separate living room with a feature fireplace and large picture
window with views of the sea, two double bedrooms, two twin rooms, a family bathroom,
a downstairs toilet and shower room plus a utility room. Outside the patio area is great
for al fresco dining from breakfast through to late evening. 5 Cluer is a great base
from which to explore the island, go fishing, or enjoy one of the many spectacular walks
on Harris. You can also easily while away an afternoon curled up with a good book in the
cosy living room, enjoying the ever changing sea views from the comfort of your armchair!
Open all year. Rates from £750-£850 per week. Off peak rates negotiable. Pets welcome
by arrangement. Contact Fiona Ross. Tel: 01360 770963.
Cnoc Na Ba, Finsbay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JD.
**No availability until after end August 2019** STB 4 Star Self Catering. Set in the unique
landscape of the rocky east coast of south Harris known as The Bays, amid moorland,
inland lochs and hills, Cnoc Na Ba is an ideal location for exploring the Western Isles.
It is great for outdoor
activities such as walking, cycling, fishing, watersports and wildlife
watching; the stunning sandy beaches on the west coast of the island are about
20 minutes drive away; or you might just want to enjoy the peace and
tranquility. The comfortable and well equipped accommodation sleeps 4/5 guests
and comprises an open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room with all modern
appliances including TV, DVD and WiFi, one double bedroom and one twin room,
a bathroom with shower bath (robes and toiletries provided) and a separate
utility/laundry room. A highchair and travel cot are available on request and
a bed stool, incorporating a full sized single bed, can provide sleeping for
a fifth person if required. Outside is an enclosed garden area with patio and BBQ.
Open all year. Fully inclusive rates from £450-£750 per week. Short
breaks from £75 per night, for a minimum 3 nights. Contact Catherine Ross
Winton. Tel: 01859 530232.
Creagach Chalet, Bedersaig, Isle of Harris. In a superb
location by Hushinish Beach, Creagach Chalet is clean, modern and sleeps up to
4 guests. The accommodation comprises of one
double bedroom and one twin, a separate fully fitted kitchen with all modern appliances,
bathroom and a cosy lounge with satellite tv/dvd player and stunning ocean views.
Outside seating is provided as is secure bike storage. Creagach Chalet is
located 15 miles from the ferry port at Tarbert on the B887, an incredible
drive with many stunning mountain viewpoints. You'll find a range of activities
on the doorstep including endless hiking for all levels, remote beaches,
fishing, eagle and otter spotting and wonderful cycling. Hushinish Beach is
simply breathtaking with its white sands. Open all year. Pets very welcome
indeed. Rates from £350-£545 per week. Short breaks available
during low season. Contact Tel or Text: 07398 887642.
Cottage, 3 Diracleit, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
Croft Cottage offers luxury self-catering accommodation on the Isle of Harris.
The cottage has stunning views over East Loch Tarbet to Scalpay and Skye, and
is only a ten minute drive away from the stunning beaches at Luskentyre and
Seilebost and the North Harris hills. Croft Cottage can comfortably sleep up to
six adults in three bedrooms. The cottage has one king-size en suite bedroom,
one twin en suite bedroom and one disabled access double bedroom. It also
boasts a separate Jacuzzi, sauna and shower room. The open plan living area has
a very well equipped kitchen, a dining area and lounge. Facilities include a
DVD player, Satellite TV, and a computer with broadband access. Croft cottage
is in a private secluded area and is ideal for families. Open all year. Rates
from £920 per week. Winter 3 or 4 day breaks also available at
£500. Contact: Alice Read. Tel: 01859 502338.
Fern Cottage, Scalpay, Isle of Harris, HS4 3YB. This
traditional croft cottage has seen recent renovation to a very high standard
and offers spacious accommodation for up to 7 guests. Set in a stunning
location overlooking the village and South harbour, you can watch the various
small craft that use this natural sheltered haven from here. There is also an
abundance of wildlife and sea birds. Fern Cottage is only 10 minutes drive from
Tarbert and, via the bridge which connects Scalpay to mainland Harris, you'll
also find wonderful beaches within a 20 minute drive. An ideal base for
angling, walking or exploring the island of Harris and Lewis, Scalpay village
boasts a Post Office, newsagent/grocery store and café. The property
comes well appointed with satellite TV and free wireless broadband and has
adjacent parking and a picnic area outside. Open all year. Rates from
£450-£500 per week. Please note: Fern Cottage is no smoking
throughout and cannot accept pets. Contact: Chirsty MacKinnon. Tel: 01859
Flodabay Farm Caravan Park,
Isle of Harris, HS3 3HA. Offering a peaceful retreat in the Outer Hebrides,
Caravan Park occupies an idyllic location overlooking an unspoiled natural landscape.
This hidden gem has space for 3 motorhomes or caravans on an elevated site. Each pitch has its
own picnic bench, electric hook up and small herb patch. There is a chemical disposal point,
general waste disposal and a clean water supply for visitors to use. Access to electricity points
is also included in the price - from £25 per night. The stunning views come free!
Flodabay Farm also offers B&B accommodation and their speciality Famous Flodabay Farm Seafood
Buffet for 2 can be cooked and delivered to your van. There is a 5 Hole Golf Driving Range on site
(golf clubs and balls provided) and 2 secluded lochs for fishing for wild brown trout. One of the
lochs has a resident otter and holt. Please note: the site has no separate toilets or showers. This is
wild camping with all the essentials and a wee bit more! Contact: Tony or Sharon. Tel: 01859 530353.
Goodfellow Self Catering, Isle of Harris. Kinnoull at
Tarbert and Greenbank at Bunavoneader are both warm, clean and comfortable
'homes from home' where children can have adventures, dogs can roam and adults
can just totally relax. Kinnoull is set on a hillside above Tarbert and has a
conservatory offering an amazing panoramic view across the Minch to Skye. It is
literally a 4 minute drive from the ferry terminal and is ideally located for
all amenities. The spacious accommodation sleeps up to 7 guests in 3 bedrooms
(one king-size with en-suite, one double, and a triple room with three single beds).
Greenbank is in the peaceful haven of Bunavoneader overlooking West Loch
Tarbert, just 4 miles from Tarbert. Mountains surround the property and
Greenbank shelters in the lee of the majestic Clisham, the highest peak on
Harris. The accommodation comprises a king-size bedroom and a twin bedroom
making it an ideal base for couples or a family of four. Open all year. All
inclusive rates are from £450-£750 per week (Kinnoull) and £350-£600 per week
(Greenbank). Contact: Irene Goodfellow. Mobile: 07876 771647.
Grosebay Cottages, 8 Grosebay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3ER.
On the East side of Harris, right on the rustic seaside, Grosebay Cottages offer solitude, amazing landscapes
and good highland living. Comprising Fraser Cottage and Old Croft House, these two charming properties sit in
a tranquil location, facing the sea. Both have 2 bedrooms, a double and a twin, and come well equipped with
everything you could need in a home away from home. Fraser Cottage sits at ther water's edge offering peace,
tranquility, seals and otters in abundance. Pets are allowed in Fraser at a small extra cost, but are restricted
to the porch area. Old Croft House faces The Minch in a quiet spot. Please note: there are a number of steps up
to Old Croft House, making it unsuitable for anyone with a mobility issue. Open all year. Rates from £350
-£430 per week. Electricity is charged additionally, at cost. A charge of £20 per dog applies in Fraser
Cottage with a maximum of 2 dogs. For further information and to book, contact John Macleod. Tel: 01859 530 251.
Harris Holiday Homes, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BP. Just 3
miles from Tarbert and with commanding views of East Loch Tarbert, Glen
Carragrich cottage is the perfect place to relax and get away from the stresses
of everyday life. Though including many of the requirements of modern
living, much of the original furnishings have been retained giving a good blend
of character and comfort. The cottage has 3 double bedrooms, a sitting
room, dining/kitchen, bathroom and a porch where books and games may be
enjoyed. We also offer a self catering house in Tarbert which sleeps 4. This
property has been recently refurbished, has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms,
dining/kitchen and a separate lounge. Situated in a quiet road off the
main Tarbert-Stornoway road, it is only 10 minutes walk from the ferry terminal
and is ideally situated for exploring the Hebrides. Both properties are
very well equipped with all linen provided and are non smoking.
Rates from £500 per week. Open all year. Contact: Dina
Stewart. Tel: 01224 584864.
Hawthorn Cottage, Gisla, Uig, Isle of Lewis.
STB 4 Star Self Catering. Loch Roag Cottages have Hawthorn Cottage available to let by the week on
a self catering basis. This traditional Scottish croft house offers luxury living in a beautiful setting.
It has been thoroughly modernised and re-furbished to create a charming property offering comfortable
accommodation for up to 4 guests. Hawthorn Cottage enjoys a secluded location facing the Morsgail River
and comprises an open plan kitchen/dining room, a drying room, a separate living room with 3 piece suite
and Sky TV, one double bedroom, one twin bedroom and a shower room. You'll never be short of things to
do on Harris. Take scenic drives to spectacular beaches, visit one of the many small villages on the
island, take a boat trip, or simply take the time to relax and get away from it all in this idyllic island
home. Open all year. Rates from £380-£460 per week. All linens and electricity are provided.
WiFi is available. Please note: Hawthorn Cottage is non smoking throughout and cannot accept pets. Contact
Finlay or Rachel Macdonald. Tel: 01851 672368.
E-mail: via our online form
Near Bhaltos, Isle of Lewis. This appealing seaside cottage in the tiny
village of Bhaltos, is situated on the west of the Isle of Lewis and offers
well appointed accommodation with amazing views. It is just over thirty miles
from the 'capital' of the isle, Stornoway, where the ferry crosses from
Ullapool on the mainland. The property comprises a bright, open plan,
lounge/kitchen/dining room which runs almost the entire length of the ground
floor and has large windows framing views more beautiful than any picture. From
the sitting area there is access to a decked veranda, ideal for alfresco
dining. Upstairs, in the eaves, is a good size twin bedroom and an open
galleried double bedroom, both with wonderful views. A downstairs shower room
and separate utility/drying room complete the accommodation. Open all year.
Fully inclusive prices from £325-£595 per week. WiFi included.
Please note this is a no smoking house. It is pet friendly. Tel: +44 (0)1835
WWW: Liosbeag Web Page
Lochhouse Cottage, Geocrab, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HB. In
the heart of the Bays of Harris surrounded by spectacular scenery, Lochhouse is
a 3 bedroom detached cottage offering comfortable accommodation for up to 6
The property comprises a fully fitted kitchen, a separate living room,
a conservatory, 3 bedrooms and a family bathroom. Outside is an enclosed deck
area. Lochhouse Cottage is a great place to get away from it all and to sit
back and enjoy the views: though you will also find it a great base from which
to fish, walk, sail, golf or cycle. You'll find everything you need close by.
The ports of Tarbert and Leverburgh are just a short drive away giving access
to mainland Scotland and to the Uists and there are places to visit and things
to do across Harris and Lewis all within an easy days' travelling. Open all
year. Rates from £400-£600 per week including provision of all
linen, heating and electricity. Contact Mamie MacLeod. Tel: 01851 702682.
Old Post Office House, Amhuinnsuidhe, Isle of Harris.
Nestled amongst the north Harris hills, near the shore of Loch Leosavay, Old
Post Office House is in the village of Amhuinnsuidhe 12 miles north west of the
ferry terminal at Tarbert. Hushinish beach is only a 15 minute drive away. This
well appointed property sleeps up to 5 guests and comprises a well equipped
kitchen with all modern appliances, a spacious living/dining room with open
fire, TV with Sky, Blu-Ray player and Bluetooth speaker, a separate office/games room with
Wii, board games and books, one bedroom with kingsize bed, one twin room, one
single room plus a family bathroom. There is an additional downstairs toilet
and a utility room. Open all year. Fully inclusive rates from
£590-£700 per week. Short breaks from £85 per night (minimum
3 night stay). Free WiFi. Pets welcome. Sorry no smoking. Contact Tina Macleod.
Tel: 01859 520799 or 550386.
Otter Bunkhouse, Carishader,
Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ER.
On the shores of West Loch Roag, in the village of Carishader, Otter Bunkhouse provides
a comfortable and cosy retreat for walkers, cyclists surfers, kayakers and anyone wishing
to explore the stunning scenery and wildlife of the Isle of Lewis. Callanish standing stones
and Dun Carloway Broch are close by and the famous Lewis Chessmen, 12th century Viking chess
pieces, were found at nearby Ardroil Beach. The bunkhouse offers a cosy hideaway with
modern facilities. There is one bedroom with 8 beds, a toilet and shower room, and a
separate lounge area with kitchenette facilities. There is an outside decking area with
stunning views over West Loch Roag, private direct access to the loch for kayakers and
a separate drying shed for use by kayakers, cyclists, etc. Open all year. Beds, including
bedding, are available at a cost of £20 per person per night and towels can be provided
on request. Otter Bunkhouse welcomes independent travellers and also accept bookings for sole
use of the bunkhouse depending on availability. Tel: 07942 349755.
Rowan Cottage, Urgha, Isle of Harris. STB 3 Star Self
Catering. A traditional crofters cottage with spectacular views over East Loch
Tarbert, Rowan Cottage offers simple yet comfortable accommodation in the quiet
and picturesque village of Urgha (pronounced Ur-A-Ha).
The village is just a
ten minute drive from the main village of Tarbert, with its ferry port, shops,
bank and tourist information centre. A great base for touring, you'll find
plenty to see and do in the local area with activities to suit all ages and
abilities and the close proximity of the ferry port opens up options for island
hopping. The cottage comprises a kitchen, cosy living/dining room with feature
fireplace, satellite television and DVD player, two double bedrooms, one twin
bedroom and a family bathroom. Open all year. Rates range from
£200-£400 per week. Please note: Rowan Cottage is a non smoking
house. Contact: Mary Ann Mackinnon. Tel: 01859 502114.
Sea View House, 7 Strond, Isle of Harris, HS3 5UB.
Sea View House has majestic views over the Atlantic Ocean to the front of the property.
It is a house full of wellness.
Visit Scotland awarded
the house 'an outstanding 5 star award' stating: 'The house has been completed to an
extremely high standard' with a 'first class lounge where guest will really appreciate the
stunning sea views from the picture windows, with real feature wood burning stoves, large
SMART TV, Bose music system, a telescope and binoculars to observe wildlife and
(Eames and Natuzzi) design furniture. There is a cleverly designed upstairs 'suite' with
memorable artwork and a Swiss design king size bed, an an ensuite bathroom of
exceptional quality with a double spa bath, a large power shower,
driftwood 'decor' features and a sauna for two'. 'The painted floor with water lilies provides
a real wow factor. The open plan kitchen is striking and again finished to very high standard
indeed. The Siematic kitchen units look great and feature top quality appliances from Smeg
and Miele in keeping with the quality in the rest of the house'. There is a De Longhi de Luxe
bean to cup machine for coffee lovers and an EU Boom Speaker for connecting to your bluetooth
devices. The downstairs bedroom with ensuite shower room has fantastic artwork and comfortable
underfloor heating. Top quality standards of cleanliness noted throughout with clear attention to
detail' See further information in a 2 minute video here. Open all year. From £650 for 3 nights to £1500 per week for 2 people. Tel: 01859 520315.
WWW: Sea View House Website
Sealladh na Mara/Ocean View, 14 Brue,
Isle of Lewis. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Overlooking the Atlantic
coast of the Isle of Lewis, Ocean View is a traditional croft house that has
been extensively renovated and improved to offer comfortable accommodation for
up to 4 guests. The house features exposed stone walls and an open hearth (peat
supplied), as well as the convenience of central heating, new appliances, and
two bathrooms. Ocean View stands in its own grounds, overlooking both Loch Mor
Bharabhais and the Atlantic, and in most weathers is within sound of the surf.
The loch, with excellent salmon and trout fishing, is a short stroll from the
house and the Atlantic shore is an eight-minute walk down the road. A waymarked
path extends along the coast, offering scenery, beachcombing and birdwatching.
Brue is only 14 miles by good road from the airport, ferry terminal, stores and
facilities of Stornoway. The local region is noted for loch fishing,
birdwatching on shore and moorland, archaeological monuments and historical
attractions. Open all year. Rates from £600-£700 per week including
all costs. Tel/Fax: (00)1-613-832-2244.
Stornoway Holiday Cottage, 24 New Street, Stornoway, Isle of
Lewis, HS1 2JJ. Within five minutes walking distance of Lews Castle,
with its beautiful grounds and golf course, Stornoway Holiday Cottage is
conveniently located for everything the island capital has to offer.
base for touring, this well appointed property offers spacious accommodation
for up to 8 guests. Of traditional build, the cottage has been recently
modernised and comprises a fully fitted kitchen with all modern appliances, a
utility room, a spacious lounge with Sky TV and surround sound, a separate
dining room, a downstairs cloakroom, a large contemporary bathroom with shower
and free standing bath and 4 bedrooms: 3 upstairs and 1 down. Stornoway Cottage
has a private garden and off road parking. Open all year. Rates from
£500-£750 per week. Includes free WiFi. Sorry no smoking or pets.
Contact: Angus or Christine Macdonald. Tel: 01555 890 799. Mobile: 0782 868
Catering Cottage, Kendibeg, Isle of Harris. STB 4 Star Self Catering. 'Tamh'
provides comfortable accommodation in a 3 bedroom house in the picturesque bays of
Harris just yards from the famous Coffin Road. The word tamh means 'rest' and you're
guaranteed a restful holiday here whatever the season or the weather. The property
enjoys fantastic views across East Loch Tarbert to the islands of Scotasay and
Scalpay and beyond. A 10 minute journey gets you to the main village of Tarbert and
the sands of Luskentyre & Seilebost. The cottage comes beautifully appointed and with
all modern appliances. 'Tamh' has moderate provision for disabled guests and ample
private parking. Come here to explore the magic of the Western Isles or to just to
while away the hours. Whatever your reason for making the journey, you won't be
disappointed! Open all year. Rates from £325-£675 per week including all heating,
electricity and bed linen. Contact: Iain Morrison. Tel: 07812 435012.
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- 3 Sail Loft 2 Lower Sandwick, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0AE.
- 4 Callanish Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 5 Hacklete 5 Hacklete, Bernera, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ND.
- 6 Cromore South Lochs, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9QH.
- 6 Upper Garrabost Point, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0PN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 8b Calbost South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9QR. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- 14 Kirivick Carloway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9AY. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Holiday Caravan at 14 Seilebost Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP.
- 31 Northton Isle Of Harris, HS3 3JA.
- Achard 7 Churchill Drive, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2NP.
- Aline Cottages Loch Seaforth, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JL. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- An Acail Holiday Cottage 12c Guershader, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- An Caladh Self Catering Caravan Ardhasaig, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AJ.
- Atlantic & Shore Cottages 5 Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HL. STB 4-5 Star Self Catering.
- Balallan Cottage 5 Laxay, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PJ.
- Bayview House Isle of Lewis. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Beannachd 2 Horgabost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HR. Awaiting STB Grading.
- The Beach House Seilebost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Beul na Mara Cottages 12 Seilebost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Caberfeidh Cottage 7 Marvig, South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9QP. Awaiting STB Grading.
- Cabhalan Cottage Quidinish, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JD.
- Carnish Lodge 3 Carnish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9EX.
- Cartwheel Bothy Isle of Scalpay.
- Ceann an Loch Cottage 98 Westend, Balallan, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PN.
- Ceol na Mara 3 Hushinish, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AY.
- Chalet Yvonne 3a Shore Road, Point, Isle Of Lewis, HS2 0BW.
- Cnoc a' Chlachain 1a Collam, Cluer, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EP.
- Cnoc-na-Ba Holiday Cottage Finsbay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JD. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across Lewis & Harris visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- The Crofthouse Isle of Harris.
- Culrain Cottage 22 Kyles, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BA.
- Dalhanna Self Catering East Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Decca Self Catering Lionel, Ness, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0XB.
- Dunard Villa 10 MacLean Terrace, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Eilean Fraoich Camp Site North Shawbost, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9BQ. STB 3 Star Touring Park.
- Fairwaysview Lodges 8 Scaristavore, Scarista, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HX. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Finsbay Cottages Finsbay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EY.
- Fir Chlis 12b, Seilebost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Flodabay Farm Caravan and Campervan Site 4 Flodabay, Flodabay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HA.
- Gasker House 10 Scaristamhor, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Gearrannan Blackhouse Village Carloway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9AL. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Glenview Cottage Tolsta Chaolais, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Glorig Croft House 1 Bedersaig, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AX.
- Hamarsay House Isle of Scalpay, Harris. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Harris Holiday Cottage Rosamol, 3 Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HL.
- Harris White Cottage 8 Rodel, Isle of Harris. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Harsgeir View Cottage 12 Hacklete, Bernera, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ND. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Heather Isle Chalets 24, Leurbost, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9NU.
- Hebrides Bothy 5 Swordale, Point, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0BP.
- Hollyburn Lower Bayble, Point, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0QB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Kabuis Self Catering 25 South Shawbost, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9BJ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Kirklea Island Suites Manse Road, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DG.
- Kitale 9 Sand Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2UE. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Lag na Mara Cliff Beach, Uig, Isle of Lewis. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Laxdale Cottage Borve Lodge Estate, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HT.
- Laxdale Holiday Park Bungalow 6 Laxdale Lane, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DR. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Lews Castle Luxury accommodation on the Isle of Lewis.
- Lickisto Blackhouse Camping 1 Lickisto, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EL.
- Loch House Plocropool, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Lochan View Cottage Breaclete, Bernera, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9LT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Lochside 1A Scaladale, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AA.
- Mangersta Croft Wigwams 5 Mangersta, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9EY.
- Miavaig House Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HE. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Mìle Sgeir 11 Strond, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3UD.
- Mol Ban Holiday Cottage Scalpay Road, Tarbert, Isle of Harris. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Moor Park Cottages 7 Park, Barvas, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0QZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Morrison View Port of Ness, Isle of Lewis.
- Morsgail Lodge Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JH.
- Mountain View Holidays 17 Uigen, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HX. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Newvalley Cottage 72 Newvalley, By Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DN.
- Ocean View 15 Breanish, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Old Croft House 6 Ardhasaig, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AJ. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- The Old Post Office Tolsta, Chaolais, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DW.
- Onadune 10c Sheshader, Point, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0EW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Park House Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2EN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Pabbay House 23 Back, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0LQ.
- Plantation 3 Plantation Road, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2JS. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Rhumor Croft House No.1 New Tolsta, HS2 0NN.
- Riof Ocean Cottage 7b Reef, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HU. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Rodel Valley Log Cabins Thorro House, Rodel, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TW.Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Roineabhal Cottage 39 Outend, Isle of Scalpay, HS4 3YG.
- Rowan Cottage 16 Kyles, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Sandview Cottage 6 Scaristavore, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JA.
- Scarista House Sgarasta Bheag, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HX. STB 3&4 Star Self Catering.
- Sealoch 24 Gravir, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9QX.
- Shalom Cottage 12 Strond, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3UD. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Shiant View Cottage 5 Orinsay, Lochs, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9RG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Shore Cottage 5 Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HL. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Sith na Mara 6b Leaclee, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EH.
- Slios na Beinne 3 Hill Street, North Tolsta, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0NG. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Stac Pollaidh Scalpay, Isle of Harris, HS4 3XZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Stemreway 34 Back, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0LQ.
- Sundown Cottage Achmore, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Surf View 21b Aird, Tong, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0HT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Taigh Eilidh 13a Callicvol, Port of Ness, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0XA. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Taigh Geal 6 Newvalley, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Taigh Granaidh 43 Breasclete, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9EF.
- Taigh na Phoirt Deas 1 Balallan, South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PN.
- Tamana Cottage Govig, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AT.
- Tigh na Greine 26 Upper Carloway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9AG.
- Tigh na Mara & End House 4 Carrigrich, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BP. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Tigh na Phoirt Deas 1 Balallan, South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Tolsta Chaolais Holiday Cottages 6 Tolsta Chaolais, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DW. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Uig Lodge Accommodation for up to 15. Above Uig Bay, Isle of Lewis.
- Valtos Cottage Valtos, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HR. STB 5 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Westside Cottage 3 Linsiadar, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DR. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Whitefalls Spa Lodges Breasclete, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ED. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Woodcroft 7 Horgabost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HR.