Aird Uig SEAcroft -
Licensed Bed & Breakfast serving evening meals, 3a Aird, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JA.
With views over the Atlantic, pets welcome, freesat TV and WiFi - what more could you want from
a stay in the B&B consistently rated #1 on Trip Advisor for the Isle of Lewis? SEAcroft is a
licensed B&B and our family home and we are Sarah, Elliot and Andrew (hence the name!).
Accommodation is a choice of three rooms and two SEApods, all with views out across the Atlantic.
In the house are our spacious family ensuite (sleeps up to four); our king size ensuite (sleeps up
to three) and our king size with private bathroom. Our SEApods are ensuite B&B rooms on the cliffs
with added privacy and their own kitchen. All rooms have WiFi and freesat TV. There is also a
comfortable dining room with a library of local maps, reference books and a selection of games.
We offer a wide range of food in the evenings using locally sourced ingredients including Miavaig
lobster, hand dived scallops, Highland fillet steaks and rack of Blackface lamb. A hearty breakfast
is served each morning and packed lunches can be provided. All major credit and debit cards accepted.
Contact: Sarah Taylor-Gerloch. Tel: 01851 672753. Instant availability and booking online via our website.
House, 12 West Side, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BG. Less than an
hour's drive from the Calanish Stones and half an hour to St Clement's Church
at Rodel is Avalon. In between are the majestic hills of North Harris and the
golden sandy beaches of Luskentyre, Seilebost and Horgabost, making this a
great base for exploring all that Harris has to offer and for touring more
widely. There is good fishing on the island and Harris also has a golf club
which welcomes visitors. Avalon is situated on a family croft, with a southerly
aspect over West Loch Tarbert. Guest rooms include two doubles and a twin, all
en-suite and with views over the loch. All have flat screen TVs, iPod docks and
there is free WiFi. The guest dining room also benefits from fantastic views.
Here, you will find peace and tranquility, in comfortable and friendly
surroundings, while you view the wildlife from your window. Open April to
October. B&B £38 per person per night. Contact: Arlene Morrison. Tel:
+44 (0) 1859 502334.
Broad Bay House, Back, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0LQ. STB 5 Gold
Star Guest House with Category 1 Disabled access and Eat Scotland Silver Award.
Just a few miles north of Stornoway, Broad Bay House is adjacent to a sweeping
sandy beach with direct access to the shore. The house has four spacious luxury
en-suite bedrooms including one fully accessible room. All are are equipped
with home cinema system, Samsung flat screen TV and a dock for your iPod.
Outside each bedroom is a personal decking area. Other facilities include free
WiFi, a guest laundry, a library with PC, local maps and books and a CD/DVD
collection. A full Scottish breakfast is served each morning and a 3 or 4
course evening dinner is available. Open all year. B&B S from £119, D
from £149. Prices are per room per night. Sorry no children under 12 or
pets. Broad Bay House is non smoking throughout. Contact: Ian Fordham. Tel: +44
(0) 1851 820990.
Dunvegan View, 9 Cluer, Isle of Harris,
Located in Cluer, on the eastern coast of the Isle of Harris, this homely Bed and Breakfast is only 10
minutes drive from Tarbert, the main centre and ferry port of Harris.
Dunvegan View is located in a rural, tranquil setting, less than 100m from the sea, with wonderful views
across the Minch to the Isle of Skye. Built by the owners late grandfather, the original croft house was
extended in the 1950s and has now been fully refurbished to give high standards of comfort and quality.
There are two guest bedrooms, one double and one twin. Both are well appointed, have sea views and en-suite
shower rooms. A hearty Scottish breakfast is served each morning, offering plenty of choice and a chance to
sample local island produce. Ideally located for touring the Western Isles, Dunvegan View is also a great
place to sit back and relax. Otters are regular visitors to the bay and seals can be seen basking on the
rocks here. Open all year. For B&B, call for best price. Contact: Anne Broadbent. Tel: 01859 530294.
Mobile: 07580 133144.
Flodabay Farm, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HA. Flodabay Farm
B&B offers private and comfortable accommodation on the stunning Isle of
Harris and boasts a Certificate of Excellence 2014 award from TripAdvisor.
farm is set in 30 acres of peaceful croftland with stunning views of the Bays
of Harris, Isle of Skye and the mainland hills of Scotland. Situated on the
road between Tarbert and Leverburgh we're ideally sited for exploring Lewis and
Harris. Our superb en-suite bedroom has its own private entrance and dining
area. The room has a kingsize oak bed, Freesat TV plus a selection DVDs, a
supply of books and tea and coffee facilities. Flodabay Farm B&B also
provides free wireless Internet access. We have two Lochs on our croft which
you can fish for wild brown trout free of charge. Rods can be provided. We are
also just a 2 minute walk from Flodabay Jetty where you can launch small boats,
dinghies or kayaks. There are numerous cafes and art galleries in the area.
Open all year. B&B from £35 per person per night. Contact: Tony or
Sharon. Tel: 01859 530353.
The Gatliff Hebridean Hostels Trust operates hostel
a at Rhenigidale. The GHHT operates a two-star hostel at
Rhenigidale, allowing visitors to share in the life and culture of the local
community. The Trust supports three hostels, each in an idyllic position:
Berneray on North Uist, Howmore on South Uist and Rhenigidale on North Harris.
Each is looked after by a warden and has piped water and WCs. Beds, duvets,
cooking equipment, stoves and cutlery are provided. Personal sheet sleeping
bags are necessary and may be rented, if required, at £2 per
visit. Camping is possible at all hostels. These 'distinctive hostels of
destination' are open all year. Bednight fees: £16 for adults; £8
for under 18s. Reservations are not possible, but beds are usually available.
Camping with use of the hostels' cooking and communal facilities £11 per
adult per night and Under 18s £8.
Bed and Breakfast, 6 Ardnakillie, Scalpay, Isle of Harris, HS4 3YB. In a
peaceful location with spectacular sea views, Highcroft overlooks East Loch
Tarbert. You can watch the ferry coming and going on it's daily passage through
East Loch from here. There is also an abundance of wildlife and sea birds. A
bridge connects Scalpay to mainland Harris and there are wonderful beaches
within a 20 minute drive. Accommodation at Highcroft is in a choice of double,
twin or family en-suite rooms, each one individually decorated and highly
appointed. Breakfast is served in our comfortable breakfast room and there is a
cosy lounge for guests' use. Scalpay provides a great base for exploring the
magical Isle of Harris and Highcroft is a great place to come back to at the
end of a busy day. Open all year. B&B D/T/Family from £35 per person
per night. Contact: Chirsty MacKinnon. Tel: 01859 540305.
The Old School
House, Finsbay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JD. Trip Advisor Certifcate of Excellence 2014/15/16/17.
13 miles south of Tarbert and 7 miles from Leverburgh, The Old School House offers spacious,
comfortable accommodation. Located on a quiet side road by the shore of Loch Finsbay, the
views from here extend to the Isle of Skye. Guests may walk straight out of the property onto
the moors and towards the sea. Accommodation is offered in three twin rooms, all en-suite.
One is on the ground floor. There is a guest lounge/dining room, also on the ground floor. The
Old School House provides broadband Internet access. The local area is popular for hill walking,
fly fishing, cycling and ornithology and guests may take the ferry to North Uist or book on one
of the private charter boats that run to St. Kilda. Open all year. B&B £85 per room
per night based on 2 sharing (subject to discounts for 3 days or more). Evening meals from £20
per person. Contact: Alan Ross. Tel: 01859 530420.
Spinners Cottage B&B,
Geocrab, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HB. This charming traditional cottage B&B is located in Geocrab, in the bays
of Harris, on the east coast of the island with outstanding views and scenery.
An ideal base for touring, walking,
cycling, fishing, kayaking or simply relaxing, Spinners Cottage is within easy reach of the beautiful beaches of
Harris and is equi-distant from the ferry ports at Tarbert and Leverburgh. Our comfortable Harris Tweed-style twin-
bedded, en-suite guest room comes complete with tea and coffee making facilities, a hairdryer and a radio. We offer
exclusive use of the garden room to our guests. This overlooks the loch and is where breakfast is served. You can
also plan your days on the island using the maps and local information provided. There is TV in the adjacent lounge
and we have reliable satellite WiFi. Outside there is dry overnight storage for bikes and off road parking. A full
Scottish breakfast is served each morning and packed lunches are available. Open all year. Our aim is to ensure you
have a happy, relaxing time here along with a truly Scottish welcome. B&B £45 per person per night. Single
occupancy is £60 per night. Contact: Karen Mairi Smith. Tel: +44(0)1859 530284.
and Breakfast, 29 and 32 Kenneth Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis. Located on a quiet
back street of Stornoway, just a couple of minutes walk from both the ferry and bus terminals,
An Lanntair Arts Centre and all shops, pubs and restaurants, Stornoway Bed and Breakfast occupies
two recently renovated properties comprising nine warm and comfortable rooms, all bar one being
en-suite. Each bedroom has digital TV, and there is free Wi-Fi in both properties. A hearty
Hebridean breakfast is served each morning in 29, with lighter options also available. Stornoway
is a great base from which to explore the islands of Lewis and Harris, where you will find plenty
to see and do and a beautiful and varied landscape including rugged mountains and the best beaches
you will find worldwide. Visit Scotland 4 star grading and Tripadvisor 2016 Certificate of Excellence.
Book direct with instant availability and confirmation and for our best rates with
no commission. Tel: 07917 035295.
Taylor Hill B&B, Taylor Hill, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris,
HS5 3TX. Taylor Hill is conveniently located in the village of
Leverburgh, at the southern end of the magical Isle of Harris. Leverburgh,
known in Gaelic as An t-Ob, is the terminus of the Sound of Harris ferry
linking Harris with North Uist, and is a great base from which to explore
Harris and, to its north, Lewis. We have 2 en-suite double guest rooms, each
provided with tea and coffee making facilities, a hairdryer, a clock radio and
free WiFi.There is a guest lounge with TV with Freeview which also has a dining
area where breakfast is served each morning. Taylor Hill offers extensive views
to the south west that include the Sound of Harris. You'll find plenty to see and
do here, with a host of activities nearby for those keen on outdoor pursuits
including walking, fishing and cycling. Or why not take the ferry and explore
North and South Uist? Alternatively, trips to St Kilda leave daily, weather
permitting, 1.5 miles from the house. Open all year. B&B is £75 per
room per night. Contact: Shona Morrison. Tel: 01859 520266.
Tigh an Eilein Bed and Breakfast, 5A Flodabay, Isle of Harris,
HS3 3HA. Offering comfortable accommodation and stunning views across
The Little Minch to the Isle of Skye, Tigh an Eilein is sited in the unique
lunar landscape of the Bays of Harris, midway between the ferry terminals at
Tarbert and Leverburgh. St Clements Church at Rodel and the magnificent beaches
on the west side of the island are a short drive away. We have two rooms
available - Room 1 is a double with en-suite shower priced at £40 per
person per night which can also be made up as a triple at £100.00 per
night. Room 2 is a single with separate shared bathroom for which the cost is
£35.00 per night. TV in bedrooms and guests have access to free wireless
broadband. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided. A full Scottish
breakfast is served in our dining room each morning. Early starts can be
catered for. Open all year and offering 3 nights for the price of 2 between 1
October to 31 March. Contact: Christina Johnston. Tel: 01859 530270. Mobile:
Two Harbours Guest
House, Scalpay, Isle of Harris, HS4 3XU. (4 Star) Approximately 6 miles east of
Tarbert and connected to mainland Harris by a road-bridge, Scalpay is a scenic, peaceful
island and an ideal base to explore all of Harris and Lewis. We offer adult-friendly,
peaceful, spacious, coastal accommodation situated between the north and south harbours.
All rooms have ensuite bathrooms with mains pressure showers and are up one flight of
stairs. Yummy breakfasts are served, as are tea and cakes on arrival. Choice of 3 excellent
rooms: 2 doubles, 1 twin. Prices from £120 per room per night. There is free WiFi, plenty
of parking, wonderful views and walks to the lighthouse. An excellent Bistro is just 100yds
away (closed Wednesday/Sunday, reservations a must). Sorry no pets or children under 14.
Contact Jacqui or Shaun on 01859 540329.
Other Guest Houses, B&Bs and Hostels
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- Am Bothan Bunkhouse Brae House, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS3 3UA. STB 5 Star Hostel. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Arnish View B&B 26 Newton Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2RE. STB 3 Star B&B.
- The Backpackers Stop Main Street, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DJ.
- Barbara Burns B&B 26 Newton Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2RE. STB 3 Star B&B.
- Benlester B&B 13 Habost, South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9QB.
- Ben View B&B Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TL.
- Beul na Mara B&B 12 Seilebost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Cabuzana B&B Back Street, Cross, Ness, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0SY.
- Carminish House 1A Strond, Isle of Harris, HS5 3UD. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Ceann Bodaich 10 Tolsta Chaolais, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DW. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Ceol na Mara 7 Direcleit, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DP. STB 4 Gold Star B&B.
- Clearview B&B 44 Balallan, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PT. STB 3 Star B&B.
- The Croft House 6a Perceval Road North, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2UG. STB 3 Star B&B.
- The Decca B&B Lionel, Ness, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0XB.
- Dunroamin 18 Plantation Road, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2JS.
- Dunvegan View B&B 9 Cluer, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EP.
- Eshcol Guest House 21 Breascleit, Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ED. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Fernlea B&B 9 Matheson Road, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2NQ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Galson Farm Guest House South Galson, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0SH. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Gealabhat Callanish B&B 9 Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DY.
- Gledfield 5 Balallan, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PN.
- Grimisdale Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TS. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Hal o' The Wynd 2 Newton Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2RE. STB 3 Star Guest House.
- Heatherview B&B 55 North Galson, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0SJ.
- Heb Hostel 25 Kenneth Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2DR. STB 4 Star Hostel.
- Hebridean Guest House 61 Bayhead Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2DZ. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Hirta House B&B Isle of Scalpay, HS4 3XZ. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Jannel 5 Stewart Drive, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2TU. STB 4 Star B&B. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Kershader Youth Hostel Ravenspoint, South Lochs, HS2 9QA. STB Awaiting Grading.
- Laxdale Bunkhouse 6 Laxdale Lane, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DR. STB 4 Star Hostel. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- LHYCA Scaladale Centre Ardvourlie, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AB. STB 4 Star Hostel. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Loch Roag Guest House 22a Breasclete, Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9EF. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Luskentyre House B&B 3 Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HL.
- Pairc an t-Srath Guest House Borve, South Harris, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HT.
- Ravenstar B&B 24 Vatisker, Back, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0JS. STB 3 Star B&B.
- Rhenigidale Hostel Rhenigidale, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BD. STB 1 Star Hostel.
- Scarista House Scarista, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HX. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Scotland's Best B&Bs Quality assured 4 and 5 Star Scottish Bed & Breakfast homes.
- Seaforth B&B Ardvourlie, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AB.
- Seaside Villa Back, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0LQ. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Sorrel Cottage 2 Glen, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TY. STB 3 Star B&B.
- Suainaval 3 Crowlista, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JF. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Tetherstone B&B 40 Northton, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JA. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Tigh an Eilein 5A Flodabay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HA. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Tigh na Bruaich 8 Balallan, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PN. STB 3 Star B&B.
- Twenty Seven B&B 27 Newton Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2RW.
- Uig Lodge B&B Timsgarry, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ET.
- Wooden House B&B 4 Breanish, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HB.