No.64 Easdale Island,
Oban, PA34 4TB. On the unique conservation, car free, island of Easdale, No.64
is a delightful mid-terrace cottage offering comfortable accommodation for up to 6 guests.
Formerly one of the Slate Islands, Easdale Island is connected to the mainland
by a 4 minute pedestrian-only ferry. This unspoilt island has a popular
bar/restaurant, The Puffer; a community hall that hosts a variety of events
during the year; together with its own award winning museum dedicated to the
history of the Slate Workers. The cottage is finished to a very high standard
throughout and comprises a fully fitted kitchen/diner, a separate living room
with wooden floor and cast iron open fire with slate hearth, one kingsize
bedroom and one twin room on the upper floor, both with great views, plus a
double room on the ground floor. There is a shower room on the upper floor plus
a slate-floored wet room on the ground floor. The wet room boasts a cast iron
free-standing claw-foot bath and a separate walk-in shower. Open all year. Rates from
£275-£600 per week. Short breaks may be available on request.
Contact: Suzanne Darroch.
E-mail: via our online form
Holiday Cottage, Taynuilt. STB 3 Star Self Catering. In a peaceful
setting overlooking Ben Cruachan, Achadacallan Holiday Cottage offers the ideal
base for a relaxing break. Being just a mile from Taynuilt and only 11 miles
from Oban, you are never too far from the hustle and bustle, but can escape it
when you want to. The well appointed accommodation comprises a fully fitted
kitchen with comfortable living and dining area and a TV with Freeview, one
double bedroom with ample storage and a spacious bathroom with electric shower.
You'll find plenty to see and do here. Taynuilt has a range of shops, a tea
room, a hotel and a 9 hole golf course. There is fishing available, sailing on
Loch Etive and a host of attractions to visit in the local area. Open all year.
Rates from £280-£300 per week including all bed linen and towels.
Dogs welcome by arrangement. Contact: Morven Campbell. Tel: 01866
Aird Farm Holiday Cottages, Aird Farm, Ardfern, PA31 8QS.
STB 4 and 5 Star Self Catering. Situated at the end of Craignish Peninsula with
magnificent sea views to the islands of Jura, Scarba, Mull and Luing,
4 Star Aird
House sleeps up to 6 guests and is furnished to a high standard with a lounge
and fully fitted kitchen/dining room and a utility room. There is a family
bathroom upstairs with a shower and cloakroom downstairs. Aird Steading Cottage
with views to the west and Loch Craignish to the east, offers 5 Star luxury
accommodation for 2. The cottage forms the west end of the traditional farm
steading and is furnished to a high standard with a jacuzzi and power shower in
the bathroom. Both properties have a wood burning stove and are provided with
toiletries, fresh flowers and a complimentary bottle of wine. Each has its own
secluded garden - a great place to relax and enjoy the wildlife and amazing
views - and is ideally placed for touring this varied and interesting region.
Open all year. Rates from £380-£700 including all linen, fuel and
Wi-Fi. Short breaks available in Low Season. Contact: Alison Campbell. Tel/Fax:
Loch Awe. Set in over an acre of beautifully landscaped gardens,
Ardabhaigh is a cedar clad, detached bungalow offering an ideal "home from
home". Completely secluded and with accommodation for 7 guests in 4 bedrooms,
it comes well appointed and benefits from being all on one level. The property
includes a fully fitted kitchen, a separate lounge and a dining room - perfect
accommodation for cosy nights in and family dinners. In addition a lovely patio
area with outdoor furniture is accessible from both the lounge and the master
bedroom - great for enjoying warm summer evenings relaxing outside. Situated
close to Oban, Ardabhaigh is perfect for exploring, including day trips to
Mull, and enjoying the area's many outdoor pursuits. Open all year. Rates from
£390-£890 per week including provision of all linen and towels.
Electricity is included in the let from May to September otherwise charged at
cost less £25. Pets accepted by prior arrangement, at no charge. Contact:
Gerry Moncrieff. Tel: 01499 302736.
Ardshellach, North Connel, Oban, PA37 1RE.
STB 4 Star Self Catering. In a lovely location facing due south over Loch Etive, Ardshellach sits in half an acre of
garden and enjoys sweeping views over loch, hills and rolling farmland. It is five miles from Oban and is perfectly
located for a wide range of activities. This well appointed property sleeps up to 6 guests and is equally suited to
two people seeking peace and privacy as it is for a family holiday. The spacious accommodation comprises a large
kitchen/dining room with French windows leading onto a sheltered terrace and garden, a utility room off the kitchen,
a comfortable sitting room with open fire and panoramic windows, a ground floor twin bedroom, upstairs twin (with
ensuite) and double rooms, and a family bathroom. Open January to November. Rates £375-£955 per week. No smoking and
no pets. Visit our website or contact Alasdair Paine via the email link below.
Benderloch Self Catering, Benderloch, By Oban, PA37 1SB.
STB 4 Star Self Catering. Comprising Seabank Farmhouse for 10, Seabank Lodge
for 8 and the newly completed Seabank House, also for 10, these three generously appointed
properties are set in private grounds of 130 acres in a spectacular location with
magnificent mountain and sea views. Seabank Farmhouse is a large 5 bedroom property
on the shore of Loch Creran. Seabank Lodge is a detached cottage based on a traditional
highland design. The newly built Seabank House also sits on the shore of Loch Creran.
Both Lodge and House have a hot tub in the garden. Their location provides opportunities
for most outdoor activities, on or off the water. There are beautiful walks and cycle
routes nearby and adjoining part of the grounds is a wildlife reserve with marked trails.
Benderloch has a licensed general store, cafe and restaurant and Oban is just 20 minutes
away. Open all year. Rates from £500-£1500 per week inclusive of towels, linen,
electricity and heating. Short breaks available of 2 nights or more. Contact: Sandy Orr.
Tel: 01631 720602.
Blarghour Farm Cottages, Blarghour Farm, Lochaweside, by
Dalmally, PA33 1BW. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Blarghour is a 2000 acre
working hill farm offering a choice of high quality accommodation along the
beautiful south eastern shore of Loch Awe within easy reach of a wide range of
activities and attractions. The four self catering cottages, sleeping from 2 to
6 guests, are all centrally heated and double glazed for year round comfort.
Each has individual character and enjoys it own special place in this area of
outstanding natural beauty. Generously sized beds feature throughout, all linen
is included and properties come equipped with guest convenience in mind.
Children are welcome and cots and highchairs are available. Sorry Blarghour
cannot accept pets. Open all year. Seasonal rates and details of availability
are published on Blarghour's website, accessible via the link below, or
contact: Catriona O'Keeffe. Tel: 01866 833246.
Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges, Lerags Glen, By Oban, PA34
4SE. STB 3 and 4 Star Self Catering. Less than three miles from Oban in
a tranquil country glen, Cologin offers a range of self catering accommodation
from one bedroom chalets and two bedroom lodges to 4 star Cruachan cottage and
Cologin Farmhouse sleeping up to 14. All our properties are situated on a
friendly, family-run site with lovely rural views and the advantage of an
excellent country inn - The Barn at Cologin - for lunchtime and evening meals.
Hill loch fishing (tackle and boat free to residents), Forestry Commission
waymarked walking trails through the woods and a playpark should entertain both
young and old and all Oban's attractions are just minutes away by car. Site
facilities include a drying room and self-service launderette and a Wi-Fi
hotspot in the Barn, which also hosts live music through the season. Open all
year. Pets welcome. OAP discount. Short breaks and long lets available in
addition to regular weeks. Secure online booking via our website. Contact Jim
and Linda Battison. Tel: 01631 564501. Fax: 01631 566925.
Cottage, Kilninver Estate, By Oban. An ideal honeymoon hideaway, Dairy
Cottage is a typical traditional, picture-book Highland cottage set in a
secluded location on the private Kilninver Estate just 8 miles south of Oban.
The property has one bedroom, a well-equipped kitchen, a bathroom and a sitting
room with TV and wood-burning stove. Guests are free to roam the estate, which
extends to 1,300 acres of varied landscape, including woodland, open hills and
a sea-loch foreshore. There is good fishing in season and water sports and pony
trekking are available nearby. This is also the ideal location from which to
explore the surrounding area. From Fort William to Oban and points in between
there is plenty to do here. Cross the Atlantic Bridge to the island of Seil and
take a boat to Easdale Island, visit the Sea Life Centre at Barcaldine, or the
famous Arduaine Gardens further south. From £290-£398 per week.
Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Dairy Cottage Web Page
Kilmun, (Avich Lodge),
Lochavich, Taynuilt, Argyll, PA35 1HJ. With stunning views over Loch
Avich and the surrounding hills, Kilmun is a beautifully constructed Norwegian
pine lodge located in a peaceful glen and offering accommodation of exceptional
quality for up to 4 guests. The area is rich in wildlife and there's a great
choice of paths and tracks for walking and cycling nearby. Although secluded,
there are local pubs and restaurants within 20 minutes drive and plenty of
shops in Oban, 21 miles away. The lodge is comfortable, warm and
well-maintained with a fully equipped kitchen, a separate lounge/dining room
with new dining furniture, luxury leather sofas, TV with Sky Freeview and DVD
player, one double bedroom, one twin bedroom and a family bathroom. All rooms
are wheelchair accessible and entry to external doors is by ramp. French doors
open from the lounge onto a large, south-facing patio. There is ample parking.
Open all year. Rates from £335-£520 per week, including all
electricity, bed linen, towels and free WiFi. Short breaks available outside
peak season. No smoking and sorry, no pets. Contact Craig or Jill Haxton.
Tel: 01866 844232.
E-mail: via our online form
Lagnakeil Lodges, Lerags, Oban,
Argyll PA34 4SE.
Close to sea loch 'Feochan' on Scotland's west coast, Lagnakeil Lodges offer a truly
unique and unrivalled location for a self-catering holiday near Oban. The lodges are
set in the hillside above Lerags Glen and dotted throughout seven acres of scenic
woodland. Lagnakeil offers a choice of seventeen self catering lodges, in four different
styles. The smallest, Poplar, is just for 2, Beech Lodges sleep 3, Ash 4 and Conifer
Lodges, the largest, sleep 6. Every lodge is self contained and includes a fitted kitchen
with a good standard of equipment, a spacious living and dining area with doors opening
out onto a veranda or patio, comfortable beds and a bathroom with a full range of facilities,
including a shower above the bath. All lodge bedrooms are pine panelled and linen and
towels are provided. WiFi is included. Open all year. Full weeks and short breaks available.
Rates from £425 per week. Contact Lauren Thomson Tel: +44 (0)1631 562746.
Kilmelford, Oban, PA34 4XD. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Close to the shores of Loch
Melfort, Near Oban, Melfort Village comprises 32 highly appointed cottages in a range of
styles and sizes with from 1 to 3 bedrooms. Offered on a self catering basis, properties
sleep from 1 to 10 guests and can be booked by the week or for short breaks of 3 nights
or more depending on the season. Melfort was first created as a holiday ownership village
in the 1980s, from the ruins of a "gunpowder village" and farm buildings, and
transformed into beautifully appointed luxury holiday cottages. There is a restaurant,
excellent on-site leisure facilities including heated indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and
beauty rooms, tennis courts, gym, snooker, fishing, bike hire, a playpark and playroom
as well as well kept gardens and grounds for guests to enjoy. Pets are welcome. Open all
year. For prices, availability and bookings, visit the Melfort Village website linked below,
email us or Tel: 01852 200257.
The Old House, Arichastlich, Glen Orchy, PA33 1BD. In
Glen Orchy, one of Scotland's most beautiful glens, The Old House lies in
splendid isolation on a quiet single track road in an area with no light
pollution. A former fishing lodge of the Earl of Breadalbane, this traditional
stone built property dates from the 1800s and has been lovingly restored and
updated to provide all the comforts of 21st Century living. The accommodation
is spacious and well-equipped and comprises an extra-large farmhouse kitchen
opening onto a spacious living area with feature fireplace, a separate laundry,
three bedrooms, including a master double with 4 poster bed and en-suite
bath/shower room and two twin rooms, plus a further bathroom and shower room.
The Old House sits in its own walled garden in a further 7 acres of surrounding
land. Open all year. Rates from £570 for two people low season and £590 for two
people high season. Includes free WiFi. Pets welcome by prior arrangement and for
a small additional charge. This is a no smoking house. Contact: John and Erica Kerr.
Tel: +44(0) 1838 200 399.
E-mail: via our online form
Strumhor Apartment, Connel, By Oban, PA37 1PJ.
This self-contained holiday apartment is part of the owner's house, which sits on the shores of Loch Etive, with
magnificent views over the Falls of Lora and the mountains beyond. The well appointed accommodation is furnished
in contemporary style and comprises a compact fitted kitchen, a cosy living room with additional sofa bed, a
double bedroom with en-suite shower and a separate bathroom. Outside a private deck has a loch view from
where guests can observe the coming and going of wildlife, the swirl of the tides and the passing of boats. There
is also parking at the property. Strumhor is located in the village of Connel, close to Oban. You'll find
plenty to see and do in the local area including excellent walking and climbing, scenic drives, castles and islands
to visit and much, much more. Open all year. Rates from £455-£630 per week inclusive of towels, linen,
electricity and heating. Short breaks may be available on request. Tel: 01631 710167, Mobile: 07748 523819.
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- 2 Cawdor Terrace Albany Street, Oban, PA34 4NG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 2 Duncraggan Apartments Duncraggan Road, Oban, PA34 5DU.
- 3 Albany Apartments Oban, PA34 4AL. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 3 Oban Times Building Oban, PA34 5PX.
- 7 Tramway 7 Tramway Cottages, Ellenabeich, Isle of Seil PA34 4RQ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 15 Albany Apartments Oban, PA34 4AL. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Achaleven Byre Achaleven House, Connel, Oban, PA37 1PF.
- Achnasmeorach House Kilchrenan, Taynuilt, PA35 1HF.
- Add Burnside Lodge Cabin 32, Dalavich Chalet Park, Dalavich, PA35 1HN.
- Airds Cottage Taynuilt, PA35 1JW. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- An Rubha 59 Easdale Island, Oban, PA34 4TB.
- Appin Holiday Homes Appin, PA38 4BQ. STB 3 Star Self Catering and 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Ardabhaigh Loch Awe.
- Ardara Holiday Cottage Clachan, Seil, Oban, PA34 4TL.
- Ardchoille Garden View Ceum Dhun Righ, Benderloch, PA37 1ST. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ardfern Motorhome Park Barrfada Farm, Ardfern, PA31 8QN.
- Ardfern Tipis High Corranbeg, Ardfern, PA31 8QN.
- Ardoran Marine Lerags, By Oban.
- Ardshellach Ailand, North Connel, PA37 1QX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Arnott's House Isle of Eriska, Benderloch, PA37 1SD. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Atlantic Bay Cottage Easdale, By Oban, PA34 4RF.
- Bays and Bens Holidays Taigh a Bhalachain, Airds Bay, Taynuilt, PA35 1JR.
- Blaran Cottage Kilninver, By Oban. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Clan Cottages Dalnabreac, Oban, PA34 4XU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Cnocaruan Connel, Oban, PA37 1PH.
- Collaig Byre Kilchrenan, Nr Taynuilt, PA35 1HG. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Comraich Cottage Ardbrecknish House, Dalmally, PA33 1BH. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- Cosy Cottage 14 Forestry Cottages, Dalmally, Oban, PA33 1BP.
- Craig Lora Cottage Stronmilchan, Dalmally. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Craobh Haven Cottages Craobh Haven. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Creel Cottage 10 Kilbrandon Cottages, Balvicar, Isle of Seil, By Oban, PA34 4RA.
- Creran Chalets Barcaldine Home Farm, Barcaldine, PA37 1SG. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Dalavich Holiday Log Cabins Dalavich, Taynuilt, Oban, PA35 1HN.
- Dalriada Lodge Ardbrecknish, Dalmally, PA33 1BH. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Fearnach Bay House Kilmelford, Oban, PA34 4XD. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Garden Cottage Ulva Villa, Soroba Road, Oban, PA34 4JF. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- The Haven Isle of Seil, By Oban, PA34 4TN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Innish Self Catering Accommodation Clachan Bridge, Isle of Seil, PA34 4QZ.
- Insh Cottage 17 Ellenabeich, Isle of Seil, Oban, PA34 4RQ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Isle of Shuna Cottages Isle of Shuna, Oban, PA34 4RF.
- Kilmun (Avich Lodge) Lochavich, Taynuilt, PA35 1HJ.
- Kings Arms Holiday Apartments 103 George Street, Oban, PA34 4NT. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Lagnaha Duror, Appin, PA38 4BS. STB 3 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Lerigoligan Ardfern, PA31 8QN. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Linnhe Croft Holiday Cottages Matheson Croft, Port Appin, PA38 4DE. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Loch Awe Cabins Dalavich, By Taynuilt, PA35 1HN.
- Loch Awe Log Cabins Dalavich, Taynuilt, PA35 1HN.
- Lunga Estate Lunga, Craobh Haven, PA31 8QR.
- MacKay Self Catering 9 Kniploch Place, Oban, PA34 4ED. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Oakbank Cottage Kilchrenan, PA35 1HD. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Oban Caravan & Camping Park Gallanachmore Farm, Gallanach Road, Oban, PA34 4QH. STB 3 Star Holiday Park.
- Oban Seil Steadings Isle of Seil, Oban, PA34 4TN.
- Portsonachan Hotel Self Catering Lodges South Loch Awe Side, Portsonachan, Nr Dalmally, PA33 1BJ.
- Scammadale Farm Kilninver, Oban, Argyll, PA34 4UU. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Seabank Farmhouse Benderloch, PA37 1SB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Seafield Cottage Benderloch, PA37 1SA.
- Seil Chalet Holidays Balvicar Chalets, Balvicar, Isle of Seil, PA34 4TE.
- Self Catering Oban Croft Road, Oban, PA34 5JN.
- Sithean Bunanta, Barguillean, Taynuilt, PA35 1HY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Steadings Self Catering Holiday Cottage. No.3, Tayvallich. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Sunnybrae Caravan Park South Cuan, Isle of Luing, Near Oban, PA34 4TU. STB 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Tigh An Daraich Bridge of Awe, PA35 1HR. STB 4-5 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Tin Church Self Catering Isle of Seil, Oban, PA34 4RD.
- Torsa Island House Sunnybrae, South Cuan, Oban, PA34 4TU.
- Tramway Cottages 34 Ellenbeich, Easdale, By Oban, PA34 4RQ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Turret Flat F, Kilbowie House, Gallanach Road, Oban, PA34 4PF. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ulva Villa Cottage Soroba Road, Oban, PA34 4JF. STB 3 Star Self Catering.