Ard Daraich, Ardgour, Fort William, PH33
7AB. On the shores of Loch Linnhe and at the entrance to Glen Gour, Ard Daraich
is well placed to enjoy all that's good about the Western Highlands.
What was once the garage of Constance
Spry and then the potting shed for Ard Daraich Hill Garden & Nursery, is now a
self-catering Garden Studio offering highly appointed accommodation for 2 guests. A
large open-plan living area has French doors open out onto a small self contained
garden with terrace. Upstairs is also open plan with a king-size bed and en-suite
bathroom. Also available is The Garden Apartment (created from the formal rooms of Ard
Daraich House). It sleeps 5 and has its own separate gate and path through the garden
leading to the front door. It comprises a modern kitchen/dining room, a spacious
drawing room with a large feature hearth of Caithness stone and wood burner, two
stunning feature bedrooms, one with a huge Tudor four-poster bed, the other with a
king size Norwegian bed and a bathroom with wood-lined walls and the original
freestanding bath. Guests are welcome to enjoy the 8 acres of garden surrounding Ard
Daraich. Open all year. Rates from £495 per week. Short breaks and last minute
offers may be available. See website for details. Contact Norrie and Anna Maclaren.
Tel: 01855 841384.
E-mail: [email protected]
Bluebell Croft, Strontian. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
Bluebell Croft consists of 2 separate self-catering properties - Honeysuckle
House and Rose Cottage - which share a spectacular, elevated West Coast
location on the Ardnamurchan peninsula, with stunning mountain views across the
Strontian glen. The 4 bedroomed Honeysuckle House sleeps up to 8 and the 2
bedroomed Rose Cottage 2 to 4. Both houses may be combined, via a beautiful
sun-room, to create a unique space for larger gatherings sleeping 12 in great
comfort, or up to 16 with extra beds for children. The huge sun-room, normally
used by Honeysuckle, leads out to a perfectly situated hot tub. Both properties
have Category 1 disabled access downstairs. Family and pet friendly. Great for
all out-door pursuits and wildlife enthusiasts. The properties lend themselves
perfectly as a unique wedding venue for small groups and a secluded and
tranquil honeymoon destination. Open all year. Rates from £600 per week
fully inclusive, Friday to Friday. Short break, last minute and low occupancy
rates in Honeysuckle House may be available. Contact: Chris and Chrissie
Morgan. Tel: 01967 402226.
E-mail: [email protected]
The Bothy/Old Schoolhouse, Loch Nevis, Mallaig.
Accessible only by boat, the old crofting township of Kylesmorar lies east of Mallaig on the west coast of
Scotland, on the remote shores of Loch Nevis, round which no roads run. You reach Kylesmorar via the friendly
little ferry from Mallaig. It will drop you at Tarbet (over the side into an estate boat) and you'll then be
taken onward for the 5 minute passage round the headland to Kylesmorar itself. The Bothy/Schoolhouse offers
comfortable and beautifully appointed accommodation furnished with great style and originality. The Bothy
has a remarkable open plan living area, with stone floor, exposed wood beams and an oil-fired stove, which
opens out into the garden area. The spacious bedroom has twin beds, which can be pushed together to make an
extra large double, and a bathroom with bath and separate shower. It can be rented alone as a romantic retreat
for two, or in conjunction with the extra bedroom and bathroom provided in Old Schoolhouse (a separate building
about 20ft from the Bothy) to increase occupancy to 4. Tenants are welcome to bring their own boats and make use
of the jetty and visitor mooring at Kylesmorar, but do so at their own risk. There is great walking and climbing
in the area and if you are looking for a place to really get away from it all, you'll find nowhere better! From
£495-£825 per week. Short breaks may be available. Please note this is a no smoking house. Up to
three well behaved pets welcome by arrangement. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: The Bothy/Old Schoolhouse Web Page
Bunallt Eachain Cottage, Near Salen. Bunallt Eachain
enjoys a picture postcard setting on the shores of Loch Sunart. Set in a pretty
garden, reached by a bridge and surrounded by water on three sides, each high
tide creates your own private island heaven. The cottage has recently been
extended and modernised to provide homely accommodation for up to six guests in
three bedrooms. There is a well-equipped kitchen and the sitting room has an
open fire. Additional heating is by metered electricity (£15 allowance
included). All bed linen and towels are supplied. Midway between Salen and
Strontian, Bunallt Eachain is ideally placed for exploring the unique geography
of the Ardnamurchan Peninsula. And within the scope of a day's driving are
Mallaig, Fort William, the Road to the Isles and Loch Ness. From
£395-£635 per week. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Bunallt Eachain Cottage Web Page
Knoydart Lodge, Inverie, Knoydart, PH41
4PL. Unique to Knoydart, Knoydart Lodge offers the perfect balance of private and communal
accommodation. By renting a private room and sharing the living spaces, our guests experience the
luxury living of a self catering Highland Lodge without the price tag. This beautiful home has a
large open plan layout, high vaulted ceilings, open beam architecture and gorgeous views out to
the community market garden and Loch Nevis. There are five private en-suite guest bedrooms, plus
a communal kitchen, lounge and outdoor space. Whilst giving guests the opportunity to meet new
people and share the adventure, Knoydart Lodge is the perfect venue for all types and sizes of
groups - from couples looking for a romantic getaway to parties of outdoor enthusiasts looking
to bag the munros! Bedding, towels, toiletries & tea/coffee included. Standard rate of £40 pppn
for room and continental breakfast buffet. Reduced rates for room-only and children. Please enquire
for block booking rates. For further information, visit the website linked below.
E-mail: [email protected]
Mingarry Lodges, The Old Chapel House,
Mingarry, Acharacle, PH36 4JX. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Stay in one of two exclusive
Scandinavian-style self catering cabins set in woodlands with views over Acharacle Moss to Loch
Shiel and Ben Resipole. Mingarry Lodges are equipped to the highest standard and combine rustic
charm with traditional home comforts. Hooting and Tooting Lodges each sleep up to 4 guests in
double and twin bedrooms. There is a well equipped kitchen, a stylish dining area and a
comfortable sitting room with leather sofas, flat screen TV, DVD player and WiFi Internet.
There is bathroom on the upper floor and a separate shower room downstairs. Enjoy close
encounters with pine martens, red squirrels and other Highland wildlife. A perfect retreat
for walking and wildlife enthusiasts, and a great base to explore Ardnamurchan and Lochaber.
Open all year. Ideal for couples of families. Rates from £352 to £540 per week. Short breaks
from £233. Contact: Jayne Theaker. Tel: 01967 431532. Mobile 07708 468843.
E-mail: [email protected]
WWW: See our Upfront Reviews
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- Ach na skia Croft Arisaig, PH39 4NS. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Allt Fearn Laga, Acharacle, PH36 4JW.
- Ardnamurchan Campsite and Study Centre Ormsaigbeg, Kilchoan, Acharacle, PH36 4LL.
- Ardnamurchan Estate Mingary House, Kilchoan, By Acharacle, PH36 4LH.
- Ardvullin Ardgour, Fort William, PH33 7AA. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- Aspen Lodge Glenmore, Acharacle, Ardnamurchan, PH36 4JG.
- Bramble Cottage Strontian, Acharacle, PH36 4HZ.
- The Cart Barn The Square, Roshven, Lochailort, PH38 4NB.
- Ceithir Raithean Glenancross Farm, Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PD. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Corran Lighthouse Lodge Ardgour, Fort William, PH33 7AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across Mallaig, Ardgour & Ardnamurchan visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Creag Eiridh Loch Nevis, Knoydart. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Derryfad Holiday Cottage Back of Keppoch, Arisaig, PH39 4NS.
- Dunlachlan Ardnastaing, Strontian, PH36 4HY.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Fois a Chridhe Columba Road, Morar, PH40 4PA. Awaiting STB inspection.
- Glenfinnan Lodge Glenfinnan Estate, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Glenmore Holidays Port an Aiseig, Glenborrodale, Acharacle, PH36 4JP. STB 4-5 Star Self Catering.
- Goblhan Taighe 12 Roshven View, Arisaig, PH39 4NX.
- Hoki Mai Cottage Glenborrodale, Acharacle, Ardnamurchan.
- Knoydart Hide Luxury Self Catering Inverie, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Knoydart House Luxury Self Catering Inverie, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Laggan Ardnish, Inverailort, PH38 4NA.
- Loch Morar Self Catering 4 Bracara, Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PE.
- Lochside Inverie, Knoydart, By Mallaig, PH41 4PL.
- Marino Lodge Roshven, Lochailort, PH38 4ND.
- Nevis Bank and Camus Mhor Cottages Arranmore, Mallaig Bheag, Mallaig, PH41 4QN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ockle Holidays 3 Pier Road, Kilchoan, PH36 4LJL.
- The Old Byre Lodge Self Catering Old Byre, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Rahoy Estate Holiday Cottages. Rahoy, Morvern, PA80 5XF.
- Rockpool House Resipole, Strontian, PH36 4HX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Resipole Farm Holiday Park Resipole Farm, Loch Sunart, Acharacle, PH36 4HX. STB 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Roshven Farm Lochailort, PH38 4NB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Rowanhill Moss, Acharacle, PH36 4JY. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Sandaig Cottage Sandaig Bay, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Shona Beag Luxury Self Catering Mingarry Park, Acharacle, PH36 4JX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Steading Holidays Kilchoan, By Acharacle, PH36 4LH.
- Sunnyside Croft Holidays 2 Bunacaimbe, Arisaig, PH39 4NT.