Ard Daraich Garden Studio, Ardgour, Fort William, PH33
7AB. On the shores of Loch Linnhe and at the entrance to Glen Gour, Ard
Daraich is well placed to enjoy all that's good about the Western Highlands.
What was once the garage of Constance Spry and then the potting shed for Ard
Daraich Hill Garden & Nursery, is now a self-catering Garden Studio
offering highly appointed accommodation for 2 guests. A large open-plan living
area includes a fully fitted kitchen with integrated appliances and has a
woodburner and two sofas. French doors open out onto a small self contained
garden with terrace. Upstairs is also open plan with a king-size bed and
en-suite bathroom. This eco-friendly property features underfloor heating
throughout and also has a drying room. Guests are welcome to enjoy the 8 acres
of garden surrounding Ard Daraich. Open all year. Rates from £495 per
week. Short breaks available. 2 night low season weekends @£250 and 3
nights low season @£310. Contact Norrie and Anna Maclaren. Tel:
Bluebell Croft, Strontian. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
Bluebell Croft consists of 2 separate self-catering properties - Honeysuckle
House and Rose Cottage - which share a spectacular, elevated West Coast
location on the Ardnamurchan peninsula, with stunning mountain views across the
Strontian glen. The 4 bedroomed Honeysuckle House sleeps up to 8 and the 2
bedroomed Rose Cottage 2 to 4. Both houses may be combined, via a beautiful
sun-room, to create a unique space for larger gatherings sleeping 12 in great
comfort, or up to 16 with extra beds for children. The huge sun-room, normally
used by Honeysuckle, leads out to a perfectly situated hot tub. Both properties
have Category 1 disabled access downstairs. Family and pet friendly. Great for
all out-door pursuits and wildlife enthusiasts. The properties lend themselves
perfectly as a unique wedding venue for small groups and a secluded and
tranquil honeymoon destination. Open all year. Rates from £600 per week
fully inclusive, Friday to Friday. Short break, last minute and low occupancy
rates in Honeysuckle House may be available. Contact: Chris and Chrissie
Morgan. Tel: 01967 402226.
The Bothy/Old Schoolhouse, Loch Nevis, Mallaig.
Accessible only by boat, the old crofting township of Kylesmorar lies east of Mallaig on the west coast of
Scotland, on the remote shores of Loch Nevis, round which no roads run. You reach Kylesmorar via the friendly
little ferry from Mallaig. It will drop you at Tarbet (over the side into an estate boat) and you'll then be
taken onward for the 5 minute passage round the headland to Kylesmorar itself. The Bothy/Schoolhouse offers
comfortable and beautifully appointed accommodation furnished with great style and originality. The Bothy
has a remarkable open plan living area, with stone floor, exposed wood beams and an oil-fired stove, which
opens out into the garden area. The spacious bedroom has twin beds, which can be pushed together to make an
extra large double, and a bathroom with bath and separate shower. It can be rented alone as a romantic retreat
for two, or in conjunction with the extra bedroom and bathroom provided in Old Schoolhouse (a separate building
about 20ft from the Bothy) to increase occupancy to 4. Tenants are welcome to bring their own boats and make use
of the jetty and visitor mooring at Kylesmorar, but do so at their own risk. There is great walking and climbing
in the area and if you are looking for a place to really get away from it all, you'll find nowhere better! From
£495-£825 per week. Short breaks may be available. Please note this is a no smoking house. Up to
three well behaved pets welcome by arrangement. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: The Bothy/Old Schoolhouse Web Page
Bunallt Eachain Cottage, Near Salen. Bunallt Eachain
enjoys a picture postcard setting on the shores of Loch Sunart. Set in a pretty
garden, reached by a bridge and surrounded by water on three sides, each high
tide creates your own private island heaven. The cottage has recently been
extended and modernised to provide homely accommodation for up to six guests in
three bedrooms. There is a well-equipped kitchen and the sitting room has an
open fire. Additional heating is by metered electricity (£15 allowance
included). All bed linen and towels are supplied. Midway between Salen and
Strontian, Bunallt Eachain is ideally placed for exploring the unique geography
of the Ardnamurchan Peninsula. And within the scope of a day's driving are
Mallaig, Fort William, the Road to the Isles and Loch Ness. From
£395-£635 per week. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Bunallt Eachain Cottage Web Page
Drimnin House, Cottage holidays and Bed & Breakfast, Drimnin, Morvern, PA80 5XZ.
Drimnin Estate is one of Scotland's best kept secrets, sheltered between Ardnamurchan to
the north and the Isle of Mull to the south. Occupying 7,000 acres of the western tip of
the little-known Morvern peninsula, it is a haven for wildlife (otters, eagles, pine martens
and Wildcats) and for those who prefer the peace and solitude that cannot be found in more
well known parts. Accommodation available in Drimnin House (sleeping 16+4), 3 self catering
cottages (sleeps 2-6) and Achnacriche Bed & Breakfast. Drimnin House is offered with the
services of a cook included, it has eight bedrooms and large reception rooms and stunning
views over the rugged coastline and across the Sound of Mull towards the picturesque Tobermory
harbour. Drimnin House is available for family/group holidays, corporate activities, location
filming and the restored chapel is ideal for weddings, vow renewals, christenings and musical
events. Open all year, short breaks welcome. Contact Rhonda Newsham. Tel: 07714 248425.
Cottage, Morar, Nr Mallaig, PH40 4PA. STB 3 Star Self Catering. If
you're looking for somewhere you can relax and unwind, then this is the place
for you. Centrally located in the village and only three miles from Mallaig on
the romantic 'Road to the Isles', Essan Cottage is the traditional station
master's bungalow for Morar Railway station. This charming property offers
comfortable accommodation for up to four guests and comprises one double and
one twin bedded room, as well as a comfortable lounge, well equipped kitchen
and spacious bathroom with toilet and shower. There is a small garden and
parking for two cars. A cot and highchair can be provided for an additional
infant guest. Morar's elevated location offers wonderful views over the
beautiful 'Silver Sands', the magnificent white beaches just awaiting your
exploration. Open all year. From £300-£500 per week. Contact:
Alistair MacLeod. Tel: 01687 460014.
Kilchoan Estate, Inverie, Knoydart,
Kilchoan Estate comprises 13,500 acres of breathtaking scenery, including rivers, lochs, low level walks
and Munros. The Estate has 5 first class self catering properties, each within a 5 minute walk of one another.
Our smallest property is Tigh na Dobhran, a charming cottage sleeping up to 4 in two bedrooms. It has a vaulted
ceiling to its open-plan living space and floor to ceiling windows. The Fank is a delightful cottage built up
from the old sheep fank and sleeps up to 4 guests in 2 twin rooms. Sitting on its own it enjoys magnificent views.
The Barn and Tigh-na-Broc both sleep 6. The Barn is ideal group accommodation, whilst newly renovated Tigh-na-Broc
has 3 separate bedrooms and is right next door to Tigh na Dobhran, making a block booking an ideal choice for two
groups or families. Our larger properties include the superbly appointed Kilchoan Farmhouse sleeping 8 and Druim
Bothy sleeping 10. Open all year. Rates from £450 per week. For further information contact Jacqui on Tel:
Knoydart Lodge, Inverie, Knoydart, PH41
4PL. Unique to Knoydart, Knoydart Lodge offers the perfect balance of private and communal
accommodation. By renting a private room and sharing the living spaces, our guests experience the
luxury living of a self catering Highland Lodge without the price tag. This beautiful home has a
large open plan layout, high vaulted ceilings, open beam architecture and gorgeous views out to
the community market garden and Loch Nevis. There are five private en-suite guest bedrooms, plus
a communal kitchen, lounge and outdoor space. Whilst giving guests the opportunity to meet new
people and share the adventure, Knoydart Lodge is the perfect venue for all types and sizes of
groups - from couples looking for a romantic getaway to parties of outdoor enthusiasts looking
to bag the munros! Bedding, towels, toiletries & tea/coffee included. Rates from only £35 per
person per night. We also offer continental breakfasts for just £5 per person. Please enquire
for block booking rates. For further information, visit the website linked below.
Loch View Cottage, Glenborrodale, Ardnamurchan.
Located in the village of Glenborrodale on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula, Loch
View Cottage offers comfortable non smoking accommodation for up to 6 guests.
This charming property lies just a few yards from the shore of beautiful Loch
Sunart which is a haven for wildlife and a dream location for photographers.
The sea angling can be productive, there are brown trout lochs in the vicinity
and great hill walking in the area. The centrally heated accommodation
comprises a fully fitted kitchen, large comfortable lounge with wood-burning
stove and free view satellite TV, 3 double bedrooms, one with wash hand basins
and a family bathroom. The cottage has free wireless broadband and a payphone.
Open all year. Rates from £425-£795 per week including provision of
all bed linen. Logs and electricity are free. Dogs are welcome. Contact: Allan
Coutts. Tel: 01852 300231. Mobile: 07802 917882.
Mingarry Lodges, The Old Chapel House,
Mingarry, Acharacle, PH36 4JX. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Stay in one of two exclusive
Scandinavian-style self catering cabins set in woodlands with views over Acharacle Moss to Loch
Shiel and Ben Resipole. Mingarry Lodges are equipped to the highest standard and combine rustic
charm with traditional home comforts. Hooting and Tooting Lodges each sleep up to 4 guests in
double and twin bedrooms. There is a well equipped kitchen, a stylish dining area and a
comfortable sitting room with leather sofas, flat screen TV, DVD player and WiFi Internet.
There is bathroom on the upper floor and a separate shower room downstairs. Enjoy close
encounters with pine martens, red squirrels and other Highland wildlife. A perfect retreat
for walking and wildlife enthusiasts, and a great base to explore Ardnamurchan and Lochaber.
Open all year. Ideal for couples of families. Rates from £352 to £540 per week. Short breaks
from £233. Contact: Jayne Theaker. Tel: 01967 431532. Mobile 07708 468843.
WWW: See our Upfront Reviews
Tom Fraoich Chalet, Cnoc nam Fiadh,
Strontian, By Acharacle, PH36 4HY. STB 3 Star Self Catering. Close to the village of
Strontian on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula, Tom Fraoich Chalet is set in an acre of garden, with
wonderful views to the hills. This is the perfect base for a walking holiday, for a wildlife
and bird watching holiday or for simply getting away from it all. The well appointed accommodation
comprises a spacious kitchen with dining area, a lounge with comfortable seating, a TV and books
to read, one double bedroom, one twin bedroom, a family bathroom and a separate shower room.
Outside there is an enclosed garden with ample parking, garden furniture and a barbecue. Open
all year. Rates from £370 per week including all bed linen, towels, electricity and WiFi.
Pets welcome. Please note, this is a no smoking chalet. Contact: John Jackson. Tel: 01967 402470.
Mobile: 07733 301210.
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- Ach na skia Croft Arisaig, PH39 4NS. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Allt Fearn Laga, Acharacle, PH36 4JW.
- Allt Ruadh Smirisary, Glenuig, Lochailort, PH38 4NG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ardnamurchan Campsite and Study Centre Ormsaigbeg, Kilchoan, Acharacle, PH36 4LL.
- Ardnamurchan Estate Mingary House, Kilchoan, By Acharacle, PH36 4LH.
- Ardvullin Ardgour, Fort William, PH33 7AA. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- Ashbrae Cottage Glengarry Place, Arisaig, PH39 4NW.
- Aspen Lodge Glenmore, Acharacle, Ardnamurchan, PH36 4JG.
- Bramble Cottage Strontian, Acharacle, PH36 4HZ.
- The Cart Barn The Square, Roshven, Lochailort, PH38 4NB.
- Ceithir Raithean Glenancross Farm, Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PD. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Corran Lighthouse Lodge Ardgour, Fort William, PH33 7AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Craig na Shee Anaheilt, Strontian, PH36 4JA.
- Creag Eiridh Loch Nevis, Knoydart. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Derryfad Holiday Cottage Back of Keppoch, Arisaig, PH39 4NS.
- Dunlachlan Ardnastaing, Strontian, PH36 4HY.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Feorag House Glenborrowdale, Acharacle, PH36 4JP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Fois a Chridhe Columba Road, Morar, PH40 4PA. Awaiting STB inspection.
- Glenfinnan Lodge Glenfinnan Estate, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Glenmore Holidays Port an Aiseig, Glenborrodale, Acharacle, PH36 4JP. STB 4-5 Star Self Catering.
- Goblhan Taighe 12 Roshven View, Arisaig, PH39 4NX.
- Highland & Hebridean Holidays 7 Gillies Park, Mallaig, PH41 4QU.
- Hoki Mai Cottage Glenborrodale, Acharacle, Ardnamurchan.
- The Kennels Pier Road, Kilchoan, Ardnamurchan.
- Kilmartin Holiday Cottages Kinloid Farm, Arisaig, PH39 4NS. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Knoydart Hide Luxury Self Catering Inverie, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Knoydart House Luxury Self Catering Inverie, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Laggan Ardnish, Inverailort, PH38 4NA.
- Leven Cottage Arisaig, PH39 4NR.
- Loch Morar Self Catering 4 Bracara, Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PE.
- Lochside Inverie, Knoydart, By Mallaig, PH41 4PL.
- Marino Lodge Roshven, Lochailort, PH38 4ND.
- Nevis Bank and Camus Mhor Cottages Arranmore, Mallaig Bheag, Mallaig, PH41 4QN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ockle Holidays 3 Pier Road, Kilchoan, PH36 4LJL.
- The Old Byre Lodge Self Catering Old Byre, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Rahoy Estate Holiday Cottages. Rahoy, Morvern, PA80 5XF.
- Rockpool House Resipole, Strontian, PH36 4HX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Resipole Farm Holiday Park Resipole Farm, Loch Sunart, Acharacle, PH36 4HX. STB 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Rockpool House Apartment Resipole, Strontian, PH36 4HX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Roshven Farm Lochailort, PH38 4NB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Rowanhill Moss, Acharacle, PH36 4JY. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Sandaig Cottage Sandaig Bay, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Sandholm Cottages Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PA. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Shona Beag Luxury Self Catering Mingarry Park, Acharacle, PH36 4JX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Shoreline Cottages Feorag, Glenborrodale, PH36 4JP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Steading Holidays Kilchoan, By Acharacle, PH36 4LH.
- Sunnyside Croft Holidays 2 Bunacaimbe, Arisaig, PH39 4NT.
- Traigh Lodges Tigh na Bruaich, Traigh, Arisaig, PH39 4NT. STB 2-3 Star Self Catering.