Doune Stone Lodges & Doune Bay Lodge, Doune, Knoydart,
PH41 4PL. Set amongst the magnificent coastal scenery of the Scottish Highlands, Doune
is located on the Western shore of the remote Knoydart Peninsula. Doune is refreshingly different.
We will collect you from Mallaig in one of our own boats and transport you to a different world
where you can enjoy the mountains, the wildlife, the tranquillity, the friendly atmosphere and
some amazing food. We offer accommodation in a choice of rooms for singles, couples and families,
all with en-suite or private facilities. If you are part of a larger group we have Doune Bay Lodge
which sleeps up to 12 guests in 4 single and 4 double rooms. For guests staying in the Stone Lodges
our boat offers access to the remote walks surrounding Knoydart. For groups, our boat Mary Doune
provides access to Knoydart, Skye and the Small Isles, and is fitted out for diving. Follow your
own itinerary from a choice of spectacular low and high level walks, alternatively join one of our
organised photography, hill walking or island hopping weeks. A stay at Doune is fully catered and
includes, breakfast, a packed lunch and dinner. Prices are from £75 per day, full-board. Contact:
Martin Davies. Tel: 01687 462667.
Drimnin House, Cottage holidays and Bed & Breakfast, Drimnin, Morvern, PA80 5XZ.
Drimnin Estate is one of Scotland's best kept secrets, sheltered between Ardnamurchan to
the north and the Isle of Mull to the south. Occupying 7,000 acres of the western tip of
the little-known Morvern peninsula, it is a haven for wildlife (otters, eagles, pine martens
and Wildcats) and for those who prefer the peace and solitude that cannot be found in more
well known parts. Accommodation available in Drimnin House (sleeping 16+4), 3 self catering
cottages (sleeps 2-6) and Achnacriche Bed & Breakfast. Drimnin House is offered with the
services of a cook included, it has eight bedrooms and large reception rooms and stunning
views over the rugged coastline and across the Sound of Mull towards the picturesque Tobermory
harbour. Drimnin House is available for family/group holidays, corporate activities, location
filming and the restored chapel is ideal for weddings, vow renewals, christenings and musical
events. Open all year, short breaks welcome. Contact Rhonda Newsham. Tel: 07714 248425.
Other Guest Houses, B&Bs and Hostels
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- Arisaig House Guest House Beasdale, Arisaig, PH39 4NR.
- Cnoc-na-Faire B&B Back of Keppoch, Arisaig, PH39 4NS.
- The Glebe Barn Field Study Centre and Independent Hostel Cleadale, Isle of Eigg, PH42 4RL.
- Glenancross Guest House Glenancross Farm, Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PD.
- Glencairn House B&B Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PD.
- Glenfinnan Railway Station Museum, Dining Car, Sleeping Car Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT.
- Heatherbank Guest House Upper Scotstoun, Strontian, Lochaber PH36 4JB.
- Kilmartin B&B Kinloid, Arisaig, PH39 4NS. STB 3 Star B&B.
- Knoydart River Cottage B&B Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Lea Cottage B&B Strontian, Acharacle, PH36 4HZ.
- Leven House Arisaig, PH39 4NR. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Mingarry Park Guest House Mingarry, Acharacle, PH36 4JX. STB 4 Gold Star Guest House
- The Moorings Guest House Mallaig, PH41 4QS. STB 3 Star Guest House.
- Scotland's Best B&Bs Quality assured 4 and 5 Star Scottish Bed & Breakfast homes.
- Skiary Guest House Loch Hourn, by Invergarry, PH35 4HD.
- Western Isles Guest House East Bay, Mallaig.