- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
For local activities and businesses, see the relevant links pages.
For events in the area, see the What's On? page.
- Abernethy Forest (including Dell Woods) NNR This is the largest native Scots pinewood in Britain. It offers a unique mix of woodland and northern bog. One mile from Nethybridge.
- CairnGorm Mountain Railway Funicular railway up Cairngorm. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Cairngorm Reindeer Centre The Cairngorm Reindeer Herd is Britain's only herd of reindeer, found free ranging in the Cairngorm mountains in Scotland. Glenmore, Aviemore, PH22 1QU.
- Clan Grant Centre A former church with two mausolea in its grounds where some of the past Clan Chiefs are buried. Duthil, Carrbridge PH23 3ND.
- Clan Macpherson Museum The history of the clan and its place in the past and present. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- The Corrieyairack Challenge Following in the footsteps of Bonnie Prince Charlie on Scotland's Highest Mountain Road, this 47 mile charity challenge event takes place on the first Saturday in July.
- Craggan Outdoors Offering a range of outdoor activities for individuals and groups in the heart of The Cairngorms.
- Craigellachie NNR Directly to the west of Aviemore is the hill of Craigellachie. Take the track between the Youth Hostel and the Caravan Park. Access the reserve via the subway under the A9 trunk road.
- Creag Meagaidh NNR The magnificent ice-carved crags of Coire Ardair are just one of the attractions of this varied reserve stretching from loch shore to mountain top. On the A86 road between Newtonmore and Spean Bridge, 10 miles west of Laggan.
- Dalwhinnie Distillery Distillery and visitor centre. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Geal Charn & A'Mharconaich A group of Munros to the west of the A9. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Glenmore Forest Park Visitor Centre Forest shop, cafe, toilets and displays about the native pinewoods and the work being carried out to restore them. Aviemore is the nearest town. STB 4 Star Visitor Attraction.
- Grantown Museum Tells the story of the towns beginnings. Burnfield Avenue, Grantown-on-Spey PH26 3HH.
- Highland Folk Museum Brings to life the domestic and working conditions of earlier Highland peoples. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Highland Wildlife Park Experience Scottish wildlife as well as endangered animals from mountainous and tundra regions around the world. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Insh Marshes NNR This is one of Europes most important wetlands. Around half of all British goldeneyes nest here in spring. Mile and a half from Kingussie on the B970 road.
- Inshriach Nursery Enjoy a walk through the wild garden and look at the variety of plants, indulge in some tasty homemade cake in the Potting Shed Tearoom whilst observing the birds and squirrels at the feeding station. Inshriach, By Aviemore, PH22 1QP.
- Landmark Forest Theme Park Lots to see and do including the watercoaster ride, nature trails, steam-powered sawmill, shop, restaurant and snack bar. Carrbridge, PH23 3AJ.
- Loch Garten RSPB Osprey Centre Loch Garten is the ancestral home of the osprey in Scotland. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Loch Insh Watersports Outdoor activities on land and water. Kincraig, By Kingussie, PH21 1NU. STB 4 Star Visitor Attraction.
- Ruthven Barracks Well preserved military base of the Jacobite era. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Speyside Heather Garden and Visitor Centre Award-winning attraction with unique heather story exhibition. Skye of Curr, Dulnain Bridge, PH26 3PA. STB 4 Star Visitor Attraction.
- St Aidan's Roman Catholic Church Church in Aviemore. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- The Strathspey Railway Restored steam railway from Aviemore to Nethy Bridge. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)