Aite MhicCealaig, 309A Kilphedar, Lochboisdale, South Uist, HS8
5TB. This luxury thatched cottage is nestled in the quiet little
crofting community of Kilpheder (Cille Pheadair) just a few minutes walk from
tranquil, unspoilt white beaches. Close to Daliburgh, home of 'Ceolas', where
you can enjoy traditional gaelic entertainment, music and dance, Aite
MhicCealaig is also ideally located for short trips to the Island of Eriskay.
The property has been beautifully renovated to 5 star standard and comprises an
open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room with French doors out to the garden, an
en-suite master bedroom with super kingsize brass bed, a second bedroom with
two luxurious four foot beds and a main bathroom with Victorian style suite, a
free-standing roll top tub and separate walk-in shower. An outhouse has washing
and drying facilities. You'll find a well stocked shop, post office and garage
just a 5 minute drive away. Open all year. Rates from £600 per week.
Includes free Wi-Fi. Dogs welcome. Tel: +44 (0) 141 956 6686. Mobile: 07886
Baymore House and Annexe, Bagh Mor, Isle of North Uist.
Originally built as a family house, Baymore House has been recently refurbished
as a high quality holiday let. The house features a spacious upstairs lounge
with a fabulous view over Baymore (Bagh Mor - big bay), an extraordinary
natural harbour used by the local fishing fleet until 25 years ago when Kallin
Harbour, a mile down the road, was built. Beyond the bay the view encompasses
the rugged island of Ronay where red deer roam and eagles fly overhead. The
accommodation comprises a large dining area with a patio door, adjacent to
which is a well fitted and modern kitchen. Two downstairs bedrooms share a
newly fitted out bathroom. On the upper floor there is a comfortable lounge
area and a further double bedroom with its own bathroom. There is Freeview TV,
a library of dvds, books and WiFi, but nothing beats the view!! Also available
is Baymore Annexe, a well appointed property ideal for a couple or a single
person. Rents from £500 per week. Contact Nick on 01870
Boreray Cottage, Clachan Sands, North Uist. Standing in a
quarter of an acre of grounds just yards from shore at Clachan Sands, Boreray
is a charming whitewashed Hebridean cottage, perfect for a honeymoon or a
romantic get-away-from-it-all holiday. While maintaining its character, Boreray
Cottage has been brought right up-to-date, with double glazing, efficient
electric heating and an electric flame effect stove. Solid cherrywood floors
feature throughout and the decor is an eclectic mix, endowing this delightful
cottage with lots of character. The living area is open plan and most
comfortably furnished. The kitchen and shower room are both smart and modern,
and as a final romantic flourish, the double bedroom has a four poster bed.
There is plenty of parking, the sea views are stupendous and there is a handy
stone barn alongside. Open all year. From £345-£675 per week
including provision of all bed linen and towels, WiFi uo to 5GB per week and
the first £25 of electricity. Up to two dogs allowed at an additional
charge, but no smoking. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Boreray Cottage Web Page
Corrodale Cottage, Iochdar, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5RQ.
STB 5 Star Self Catering. In the village of Iochdar, only minutes away from the
Atlantic Ocean, Corrodale Cottage offers an idyllic Outer Hebrides escape from
urban living. There are miles of sandy beaches to explore and the cottage is
surrounded by a profusion of wildlife. This meticulously renovated Category B
listed building retains many traditional features like the turf and marram
grass thatch roof, whilst offering all the comforts of luxury 21st Century
living including Wi-Fi, spa bath, iPod dock, four poster bed and peat burning
stove. The accommodation comprises a well equipped kitchen, a living and dining
area with vaulted ceiling and solid oak floor, one bedroom with a hand carved
four poster double bed and a bathroom with an advanced spa bath system. Outside
there is a large garden area with seating. Open all year. Rates from £545
per week. Short breaks available. Contact Katie MacIntyre on 01870 610361.
Mobile: 07708 019025.
Ford House, Creagorry, Benbecula.
Ford House is situated in the village of Creagorry in Benbecula, 200 yards from the South Ford
causeway, which links Benbecula to South Uist. Set within miles of white sandy beaches, extending
through the machair land into rugged moorland and hills, this well appointed property enjoys a
panoramic view over this ever changing setting. Ford House dates to the early 1900s and comprises
a fully fitted kitchen, a separate dining room, a comfortably furnished sitting room with an open
fire and four bedrooms, including a double on the ground floor and two twins and a further double on
the upper floor. The downstairs double room has en-suite facilities and one twin and the upstairs
double have vanity basins and shower cubicles. The main bathroom has both a bath and separate
shower cubicle. Outside is an enclosed garden with ample storage and parking. From £450-
£550 per week. The rate includes WiFi, linen, towels, electricity and toiletries. Contact
Ian and Rhoda Muncaster. Tel: 01870 602268.
The Old Byre, Daliburgh, South Uist. This newly renovated
cottage is located in the heart of the township of Daliburgh, just three miles
north west of the ferry terminal at Lochboisdale.
Only 50yds from the Borrodale
Hotel and close to local shops and other amenities, this is an ideal base from
which to explore the Uists and Barra. The well appointed accommodation
comprises a fully fitted kitchen with all modern appliances, a separate sitting
and dining area with feature electric stove and LCD TV, one double bedroom and
a shower room. There is parking adjacent to the property. A ten minute walk
takes you to the nearest beach, and Askernish Golf Course, originally designed
by Old Tom Morris in 1891, is just a 5 minute drive away. Open all year. Rates
from £275-£375 per week. Free WiFi is included. Contact: Ralph
Thompson. Tel: 01878 700684. Mobile: 07900 387167.
Rowan Holiday Cottage -
Luxury Self-Catering Accommodation on North Uist. This luxury
self catering holiday cottage has been described by our guests as the
best self catering holiday accommodation they have ever stayed in.
Situated on the shores of
Loch Blashaval with sea views, Rowan Cottage is a newly refurbished property
offering comfortable accommodation for up to 6 guests. With uninterrupted views
that extend to Harris and the Isle of Skye, the cottage is fitted out to the
highest standard and comprises an open plan kitchen/diner with a table seating
6, a sitting room with wood stove and French doors, 3 bedrooms, one with kingsize
bed, the second a double and a further twin room, plus a family bathroom with a
walk in shower with a giant rain head and a freestanding bath. Come to explore
our white sandy beaches, go fly fishing for salmon and Brown trout (some of the
lochs are within walking distance of the cottage) or to watch our abundant wildlife.
A telescope is provided at the cottage and seals, sea otters, porpoises, red deer
and rare birds, including sea eagles, can often be seen. See our web site link
below for availability. From £400 per week. Contact Chris Dickinson on 07748 680212.
Mairi, 3 Ardnastruban, Grimsay, North Uist, HS6 5HT. In a stunning location,
with fabulous views of both North Uist and Benbecula and just a short walk from the
beach, Taigh Mairi provides comfortable accommodation of 4 Star standard for up to
9 guests. This well appointed property comprises a well equipped kitchen with all
modern appliances, a separate utility room, a living room with TV, DVD and CD players,
five bedrooms - including two doubles and one twin all en-suite, a further twin, a
single and a family bathroom. A travel cot, baby monitors, bottle warmer, high chair
and a selection of toys are provided to make families feel at home. North Uist is a
paradise for wildlife and beach lovers and is renowned for the quality of the
seafood caught off its shores, particularly its lobsters. This is somewhere to
really get away from it all. Open all year. Rates from £345 per week.
Discounts available for longer stays. Contact Emma Macleod. Tel: 0131 466 0781.
Mobile: 07890 438 563.
Alasdair, Sidinish, Locheport, Isle of North Uist. In a peaceful
location with views across Locheport and Loch an Ghoil to Eavaal and Bureavaal,
Tigh Alasdair is a pretty self catering cottage set on a family croft. The
accommodation is all on one level and comprises a fully fitted kitchen with all
modern conveniences, a comfortable living/dining room with open fire, a family
bathroom with bath and shower over plus two bedrooms, one double and the other
a twin/double. A travel cot, bedding and high chair can be provided on request.
Outside the garden is fully fenced and there is a shed for storage of bicycles
and fishing equipment. A table with bench seating and a barbecue are provided.
Tigh Alasdair has ample parking. Open all year. Rates from
£160-£380 per week including all bed linen, towels, basic cleaning
materials, peat, kindlers, firelighters and paper for the fire and a £5
allowance for electricity. A starter pack of provisions can be arranged on
request. Please note: Tigh Alasdair is non smoking. Well behaved pets welcome.
Contact Janet MacDonald. Tel: +44 (0)778 0937 278. Fax: +44 (0)1470 521
E-mail: via our booking form
Tigh Tom, 6 Howbeg,
South Uist, HS8 5SQ. In a peaceful setting amid the natural beauty of
South Uist in the Western Isles, Tigh Tom provides the ideal location for a
restful break on one of Scotland's most beautiful islands. South Uist has some
20 miles of stunning beaches, wonderful wildlife and historic sites including
both Neolithic and Viking. The property has been recently renovated and
modernised and comprises a fitted kitchen with a full range of appliances, a
separate lounge with lovely views and TV/DVD, three bedrooms - one double and
two twins - and a shower room. A cot and high chair can be provided. Free WiFi
is included. Golfing, bird watching and fishing (loch permits are available
from South Uist Estate) attract many visitors back to South Uist year on year.
We're sure, that having visited once, you will want to come back again too!
Open all year. Rates from £370-£500 per week. Contact: Iain or Joe
MacLeod. Tel: 01687 460014.
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- 1 Ardveenish Northbay, Isle of Barra, HS9 5YA.
- 1 Grimsay Island Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5PS. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- 2 Kyles Paible, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5DY. Awaiting STB Grading.
- 6a Loch Carnan Isle of South Uist, HS5 8NU.
- Aird Na Haunn 1a Haun, Eriskay, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5JH. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- An t-Seann Dachaidh Hougharry, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5DL. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Atlantic View 76 Lower Borve, Isle of Barra, HS9 5XR. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Bayview Cottage Griminish, Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5QA.
- Ben Scrien Cottage Balla, Isle of Eriskay, HS8 5JL.
- Ceum A Bhealaich Self Catering Flat. Kentangaval, Isle of Barra.
- Chrissie's Cottage 2 Kyles, Paible, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5DY. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Clachan Cottage 439/1 North Lochboisdale, Lasgair, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5TW.
- Croft Garden Cottage Isle of South Uist, HS8 5RF.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Eriskay Holiday Cottage 3 St Michael's Drive, Isle of Eriskay, HS8 5JT.
- Eriskay Lilt 1 Haun, Isle of Eriskay, HS8 5JH.
- Eriskay Self Catering Carrick, Bun a Mhuillin, Eriskay, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5JR.
- Family House 337 North Boisdale, Lochboisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5SS.
- Glendale Self Catering 7 Kallin, Grimsay, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5HY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Heisker 15a Balemore, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5EB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Lily Pond Cottage 4 Loch Carnan, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5NU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Lionacleit Self Catering 27 Lionaclate, Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5PY.
- Locheynort Chalet 6 North Locheynort, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5SJ.
- The Moorings Grimsay, Isle of North Uist. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- North Uist Self Catering Two self catering properties. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Number Nine 9 Ardmhor, Northbay, Isle of Barra, HS9 5YB.
- Ocean View Cottages 410 Smerclate, Isle Of South Uist, HS8 5TU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Parkhill Self Catering Parkhill, Claddach, Baleshare, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5EN.
- Redburn House Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ronald's Cottage 16 Rhugashinish, Lochcarnan, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5PE. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Rona View Grimsay, Isle of North Uist. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Seann Taigh 472 South Lochboisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5UB.
- Smiddy Cottage 410 Smerclate, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5TU. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- The Smiddy at Burnside Croft Berneray, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BJ. STB 5 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- South Uist Cottages 364 South Boisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5TE. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Stilligarry Cottage136 Stilligarry, Lochboisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5RS.
- Struan House Self Catering 12 Malaglate, Sollas, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BX.
- Taigh Bàthach 6 Cheesebay, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AT.
- Taigh Mo Sheanair Rhuban, Isle of Eriskay, HS8 5JJ.
- Tigh Geal 8a Sollas, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Tigh-na-Mara 1A Claddach, Kirkibost, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5EP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Torrangorm Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Tractor Shed Bunkhouse and Camping Huts Paible, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5DZ.
- Tranquil Sands Holiday Home 7a Paiblesgarry, Bayhead, North Uist, HS6 5EF.
- Uist Accommodation 5 Milton, Isle of South Uist.