The Gatliff Hebridean Hostels Trust operates hostels at Berneray
(left) and Howmore (right).
The GHHT operates a two-star hostel at
Rhenigidale, allowing visitors to share in the life and culture of the local
community. The Trust supports three hostels, each in an idyllic position:
Berneray on North Uist, Howmore on South Uist and Rhenigidale on North Harris.
Each is looked after by a warden and has piped water and WCs. Beds, duvets,
cooking equipment, stoves and cutlery are provided. Personal sheet sleeping
bags are necessary and may be rented, if required, at £2 per
visit. Camping is possible at all hostels. These 'distinctive hostels of
destination' are open all year. Bednight fees: £15 for adults; £8
for under 18s. Reservations are not possible, but beds are usually available.
Camping with use of hostels' cooking and communal facilities £10 per
Seal View B&B, 16 Backhill, Berneray,
Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BD. Next to the Bays Loch seal colony on the Isle of Berneray,
Seal View is within easy walking distance of beaches, the shop, post office and other services
and just a mile and a half from Ardmaree Ferry Terminal. We have a large and comfortably appointed
family room, with a kingsize double and a single bed plus a further pull out single, making it
ideally suited for a couple to a family of up to 4. This room offers exceptional views out over
the Minch towards Skye, as well as opportunities to watch the seals on the nearby rocks. We also
have a double/twin room, which can be made up with either two singles or one superking double bed.
Both our rooms are ensuite and benefit from free wi-fi. A choice of continental breakfast, full
Scottish, or something in between is served each morning at a time of your convenience. Open all
year. Prices start at £45 for a single. Under 6s Free. Pets welcome. Credit cards accepted. Contact
Andrew or Catherine Ross. Tel: 01876 540209.
Other Guest Houses, B&Bs and Hostels
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- Anglers Retreat 1 Ardmore Iochdar, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5QY. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Ardnastruban House Grimsay, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5HT. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Ben View B&B 9 Knockintorran, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5ED.
- Berneray Hostel Isle of Berneray, North Uist, HS6 5BQ. STB 1 Star Hostel.
- Borve Guest House 5 Torlum, Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5PP. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Brae Lea House Lasgair, Lochboisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5TH. STB 3 Star Guest House.
- Caloraidh B&B Caloraidh, Milton, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5RY.
- Ceann Na Pairc Nunton, Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5LU. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Dunard Hostel Castlebay, Isle of Barra, HS9 5XD. STB 3 Star Hostel.
- Hamersay House Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AE.
- Howmore Hostel Isle of South Uist, HS8 5SH. STB 2 Star Hostel.
- Kilvale B&B 240 Garryhellie, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5SX. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Lochside Cottage Lochboisdale, Isle of South Uist, HS8 5TH.
- Nunton House Hostel Isle of Benbecula, HS7 5LU. STB 4 Star Hostel.
- Redburn House Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AA. STB 3 Star B&B. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Rhenigidale Hostel Rhenigidale, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BD. STB 4 Star Hostel.
- The Rowan Tree B&B Middlequarter, Isle Of North Uist, HS6 5BU.
- Rushlee House Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AE. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Scotland's Best B&Bs Quality assured 4 and 5 Star Scottish Bed & Breakfast homes.
- Struan House Knockintorran, Bayhead, North Uist, HS6 5ED. Awaiting STB Grading.
- Struan House B&B 12 Malaglate, Sollas, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5BX. Awaiting STB Grading.
- Uist Outdoor Centre Cearn Dusgaidh, Lochmaddy, Isle of North Uist, HS6 5AE.