Northton, Isle Of Harris, HS3 3JA. In a wonderfully peaceful location,
this traditional Hebridean croft house has been fully modernised to provide
comfortable accommodation for from 4 to 6 guests. It benefits from great views
over Mount Chiapaval and Northton Bay, a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
There are beautiful unspoilt beaches within easy walking distance and mountain
and coastal walks in the area. 31 Northton is also a great base for touring.
The well appointed accommodation comprises a modern, well equipped kitchen, a
dining room, a living room with Rayburn stove and a large lounge with a sofa
bed. There are two bedrooms on the upper floor, a double and a twin, plus a
family bathroom with a bath and a shower. Outside there is off-road parking and
safe storage for bikes. Open all year. Rates from £495-£725 per
week including all electricity and fuel cost, linen and WiFi. Please note: we
are sorry, but we cannot accept pets. Contact: Janet or Colin. Tel: 01737
245905. Mobile: 07796 140979.
Abhainn Cottage, Breasclete, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ED.
Awaiting STB Grading. Within 1.5 miles of the Callanish standing stones,
Abhainn cottage is in the perfect central location for exploring Lewis and
Harris. This traditional croft house has been finished to the highest standard
to provide accommodation for up to 6. It has 2 en-suite bedrooms and an office
with sofabed. The master bedroom has a superking bed and a spacious en-suite
with large double ended spa bath, rain shower and under floor heating. The
living area features luxurious leather couches, a real open fire and a 42" LCD
TV with DVD player. Patio doors open out onto a decking area overlooking Uig.
There is also a large open plan kitchen/dining area with all modern appliances
including a large fridge freezer with ice machine. A full Sky TV package and
free WiFi are included. Open all year. From £450-£980 per week.
Breakfast, evening meal packages and short breaks also available. Contact David
Macarthur. Tel: 01851 621 771.
Isle of Harris. Located on the West Coast of South Harris with its
superb scenery and spectacular beaches, àilean is a spacious and
luxurious self catering house sleeping up to 6 guests. The superb accommodation
comprises a large open plan living area downstairs, plus a utility room, a
bedroom with kingsize bed, a large bathroom with double-ended bath, a separate
shower and infra-red sauna. Upstairs are 2 large bedrooms one with a kingsize
bed, the other with twin beds (both en-suite) and a quiet seating area, which
is the ideal place to curl up with a good book. From the large windows at the
front of the house guests have stunning views of Taransay, the Atlantic Ocean,
the North Harris hills and beautiful sunsets. àilean is in a great
location in the midst of the island's world class beaches and is perfect for
enjoying outdoor activities and wildlife watching as well as providing a great
base for touring the islands more widely. àilean is just 25 minutes
drive from Tarbert and about 1 hour 20 minutes from Stornoway. Open all year.
Rates from £925 per week. Contact: Alison. Tel: 01764 682568. Mobile:
Aisling Cottage, Meavag, Isle of Harris. Enjoying
magnificent sea views, Aisling Cottage combines a luxurious contemporary
interior with the traditional styling of a croft house. Sleeping up to 8
guests, all rooms are beautifully furnished. The well appointed accommodation
includes a spacious open plan kitchen/living/dining area with all modern
appliances including a dishwasher, Freeview TV, an iPod dock and wireless
Internet, a separate utility room, a master bedroom on the ground floor with
en-suite bathroom, two twin rooms, one with en-suite shower room, and a double
room all on the upper floor, plus a family bathroom. The cottage has its own
private drive and has ample parking for at least 6 vehicles. Aisling Cottage is
3 miles from the Tarbert ferry terminal and conveniently located for a host of
activities in the local area. Open all year. From £400-£800 per
week. Contact Peggy MacLeod. Tel: 01859 502487. Mobile: 07709
Albany Cottage, Kyles, Isle of Harris. STB 4 Star Self
Catering. Walkers and Cyclists Welcome Award. This beautifully modernised
detached stone blackhouse dates from 1803 and is set in a peaceful location 5
miles east of Tarbert in the small village of Kyles.
A great base for
exploring, for walking and climbing and for seeking out the gorgeous unspoilt
sandy beaches that Harris has in abundance, you'll find everything close by
including local shops and places to eat. The luxury accommodation is all at
ground level and comprises a large kitchen/diner with separate utility room, a
cosy lounge with a large plasma TV, home cinema system and Sky, one kingsize
double bedroom and a bathroom with corner bath and power shower. Egyptian
cotton linens, bathrobes and Highland Aromatics toiletries are provided as is
WiFi and a welcome pack. Open all year. Rates from £495 per week. Please
note Albany Cottage is non smoking and cannot accept pets. Contact Martin
Myers. Tel: 01859 520746.
Isle of Harris, HS3 3JD. In a stunning location at the end of the
Lingerbay Township road, Bayhead is a large, well equipped, 5 bedroomed
bungalow offered as a whole house or as two separate self catering units: the
original house and extension flat. The original house comprises a fully fitted
kitchen, a dining room, a separate lounge, a family bathroom with shower, one
double bedroom, one twin room plus a single room. There is also a separate
utility room and a second toilet. The extension flat, when booked on its own,
is ideal for a couple or family with a small child. It includes a
kitchen/dining/living area with patio door and additional sofa bed, one
en-suite double bedroom plus a single. Availability of the whole house is
possible, though obviously dependent on whether the original house/flat is
booked. Open all year. Rates from £250 per week. Contact Mairi Ann
Macdonald. Tel: 01876 510233. Mobile: 07780 660790.
STB 5 Star Self Catering. Beachview Cottages, 13 Northton, Isle of Harris, HS3
3JA. Wonderfully remote in the midst of the most beautiful beaches of South Harris, these two
luxurious stone cottages are the perfect base to explore the Isle of Harris.
In Spring the Machair transforms into a stunning sweep
of wildflowers and birds. Wild walks on empty vast beaches are the main attraction. Gannet and Fulmar
are stone built cottages built to withstand the elements and for you to relax in. Cuddle by the stove
gazing out over Scarista beach through the panoramic window, be amazed by the ever-changing skies,
or bubble in a Jacuzzi tub in all-singing, all-dancing luxury bathrooms with sauna. The cottages,
located in the middle of 5 of Harris's most beautiful beaches, are mostly booked a year in advance.
Check our website for availability or give us a call any time for information. Jan and Suzan are
exceptionally warm hosts who go out of their way for you – or leave you in peace. Enjoy fishing,
biking, seal-watching, wildlife, kayaking or many other activities. Open all year. Rates from
£1085-£1150 per week including all linen, towels, WiFi and HD TV. We take a dog on request.
Dog Policy applies. We also have a large luxury family house with 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, Jacuzzi
and woodburner. Contact: Jan or Suzan Visser. Tel: 01859 520315.
WWW: www.beachviewcottages.eu and www.stayharrisselfcatering.co.uk
Blacksheep House, Strond, Isle of Harris, HS5 3UD. STB 5
Star Self Catering. An architect designed renovation of a traditional Hebridean
blackhouse, Blacksheep House is winner of the Grand Designs Home of the Year
Award and a very special place. In presenter Kevin McCloud's words, "What I
love about this house is that it's almost as if they went up the mountain,
collected bits of mountain, brought them back down and built their house out of
them". The house is situated on the south coast of South Harris, with stunning
views across the Sound of Harris to The Uists. The village of Leverburgh is
only a mile away. Blacksheep House comprises a fully fitted kitchen, a spacious
living/dining room with panoramic windows, a large and secluded bedroom with
comfortable kingsize bed and a luxury bathroom. A second bedroom sits on a
platform above the living space. Open all year. Rates from
£890-£1280 per week. Contact: Dinaz and David Williams. Tel: 01732
Blue Reef Cottages, 5 Scarista, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HX.
STB 5 Star Self Catering. Green Tourism Gold Award. For a truly memorable
Hebridean experience, stay at these two, uniquely designed, luxury turf roofed
cottages set in the beautiful village of Scarista.
Delight in the breathtaking
panoramic views overlooking deserted beaches and hills or put on your hiking
boots and find undiscovered Scotland at its best. The cottages enjoy seclusion,
being some 100 meters apart. Each property sleeps 2 and is furnished to a high
standard with sauna, Jacuzzi bath and fully equipped office; linen and towels,
Molton Brown toiletries and fresh flowers are provided as is a complimentary
bottle of champagne and a small hamper of local produce. The owners, Neil and
Rhoda will meet you on arrival and if you wish to sample the wonderful food
found locally they will happily source local produce such as lobster,
langoustines and scallops, during your stay. Open all year. Weekly rates are
£1100 (November to March), £1600 (October) and £1760 (April
to September). Low Season short breaks (November to March) from £220 per
night. Contact: Rhoda and Neil Campbell. Tel: 01859 550370.
00 E-mail: email@example.com
Borvemor Cottages at Scarista, 9 Scarista, Isle of Harris,
HS3 3HX. Comprising four self catering cottages, all in differing
styles, Borvemor Cottages occupy a superb location on the seaward side of main
A859 road on the West coast of South Harris and close to magnificent Atlantic
The traditional Blackhouse sleeps 2 and is built from stone, wood and
thatch. It is luxuriously finished inside with a king-size bed in the main
bedroom, underfloor heating in the bathroom and a glass fronted coal fired
stove in living room which also has a cosy box bed off it. The Byre and
Stable cottages, sleeping 6-11, were created from existing steadings, and
are adjoin one another. And last, but not least, our spacious and highly
appointed Beach Studio Apartment sleeps 6-8 guests. Combine a booking of this
apartment with the steading properties and groups of up to 16 can be
comfortably catered for. Open April through October. Rates from £400-£895 per
week. See our website for up to date availability and online booking. Pets are
welcome in the steading cottages. Contact: Scott or Margaret Bennett. Tel:
01859 550 222.
Clisham Cottage, Ardhasaig,
Isle of Harris, HS3 3AJ. 4 Star Self Catering. Set in a spectacular location,
surrounded by the North Harris hills and overlooking Ardhasaig Bay, Clisham Cottage
offers highly appointed accommodation for up to 6 guests in 3 bedrooms. All rooms are
individually and tastefully decorated and the ground floor can be self contained, making
the cottage suitable for guests with limited mobility. The property comprises, on the
ground floor, a fully fitted kitchen, a spacious lounge with dining area, one double
bedroom and a bathroom. To the lower ground is a further double bedroom with en-suite
bathroom and a twin room. Outside is a decked area, ample parking and an outhouse
suitable for storing bicycles. Clisham Cottage is close to the Ardhasaig Hotel with
its excellent restaurant, within walking distance of the village shop, and under 3
miles from Tarbert. Open all year. From £400 per week. Contact Donalda Maclean. Tel:
+44 (0)1859 50 2585 (evenings).
Cluer Holidays, 5
Cluer, Grosebay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EP. Overlooking Loch Stockinish at
Cluer on the east coast of Harris, 5 Cluer is a spacious 3 bedroom house with a
south facing aspect. In a tranquil location, this well appointed property
comprises a well equipped kitchen/dining room, a separate living room with a
feature fireplace and french doors giving access to a patio area, two double
bedrooms each with an additional single bed, one twin room, a family bathroom,
a downstairs toilet and shower room plus a utility room. Outside the patio area
is great for al fresco dining from breakfast through to late evening. 5 Cluer
is a great base from which to explore the island, go fishing, or enjoy one of
the many spectacular walks on Harris. You can also easily while away an
afternoon curled up with a good book in the cosy living room, enjoying the ever
changing sea views from the comfort of your armchair! Open all year. Rates from
£675-£750 per week. Pets welcome by arrangement. Contact Fiona Ross. Tel: 01360
Cnoc Na Ba, Finsbay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JD. STB 4 Star
Self Catering. Set in the unique landscape of the rocky east coast of south
Harris known as The Bays, amid moorland, inland lochs and hills, Cnoc Na Ba is
an ideal location for exploring the Western Isles.
It is great for outdoor
activities such as walking, cycling, fishing, watersports and wildlife
watching; the stunning sandy beaches on the west coast of the island are about
20 minutes drive away; or you might just want to enjoy the peace and
tranquility. The comfortable and well equipped accommodation sleeps 4 guests
and comprises an open plan kitchen/dining/sitting room with all modern
appliances including Free-view TV, DVD and Hi-Fi, one double and one twin
bedded room, a bathroom with shower bath and a utility/drying room. A high
chair and travel cot are available if required. Outside is an enclosed garden
area with patio and BBQ. Wireless internet access is provided. Open all year.
Fully inclusive rates from £300-£580 per week. Out of season short
breaks (min 2 nights) from £150. Contact Catherine Ross Winton. Tel:
Creagach Chalet, Bedersaig, Isle of Harris. In a superb
location by Hushinish Beach, Creagach Chalet is clean, modern and sleeps up to
5 guests. The accommodation comprises of one double bedroom, one twin and a
single, a separate fully fitted kitchen with all modern appliances, bathroom
and a cosy lounge with satellite tv/dvd player and stunning ocean views.
Outside seating is provided as is secure bike storage. Creagach Chalet is
located 15 miles from the ferry port at Tarbert on the B887, an incredible
drive with many stunning mountain viewpoints. You'll find a range of activities
on the doorstep including endless hiking for all levels, remote beaches,
fishing, eagle and otter spotting and wonderful cycling. Hushinish Beach is
simply breathtaking with its white sands. Open all year. Pets very welcome
indeed. Rates from £300-£485 per week. Short breaks available
during low season. Contact Tel: 01859 560268.
Cottage, 3 Diracleit, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
Croft Cottage offers luxury self-catering accommodation on the Isle of Harris.
The cottage has stunning views over East Loch Tarbet to Scalpay and Skye, and
is only a ten minute drive away from the stunning beaches at Luskentyre and
Seilebost and the North Harris hills. Croft Cottage can comfortably sleep up to
six adults in three bedrooms. The cottage has one king-size en suite bedroom,
one twin en suite bedroom and one disabled access double bedroom. It also
boasts a separate Jacuzzi, sauna and shower room. The open plan living area has
a very well equipped kitchen, a dining area and lounge. Facilities include a
DVD player, Satellite TV, and a computer with broadband access. Croft cottage
is in a private secluded area and is ideal for families. Open all year. Rates
from £920 per week. Winter 3 or 4 day breaks also available at
£500. Contact: Alice Read. Tel: 01859 502338.
Fern Cottage, Scalpay, Isle of Harris, HS4 3YB. This
traditional croft cottage has seen recent renovation to a very high standard
and offers spacious accommodation for up to 7 guests. Set in a stunning
location overlooking the village and South harbour, you can watch the various
small craft that use this natural sheltered haven from here. There is also an
abundance of wildlife and sea birds. Fern Cottage is only 10 minutes drive from
Tarbert and, via the bridge which connects Scalpay to mainland Harris, you'll
also find wonderful beaches within a 20 minute drive. An ideal base for
angling, walking or exploring the island of Harris and Lewis, Scalpay village
boasts a Post Office, newsagent/grocery store and café. The property
comes well appointed with satellite TV and free wireless broadband and has
adjacent parking and a picnic area outside. Open all year. Rates from
£450-£500 per week. Please note: Fern Cottage is no smoking
throughout and cannot accept pets. Contact: Chirsty MacKinnon. Tel: 01859
Flodabay Farm Caravan Park,
Isle of Harris, HS3 3HA. Offering a peaceful retreat in the Outer Hebrides,
Caravan Park occupies an idyllic location overlooking an unspoiled natural landscape.
This hidden gem has space for 3 motorhomes or caravans on an elevated site. Each pitch has its
own picnic bench, electric hook up and small herb patch. There is a chemical disposal point,
general waste disposal and a clean water supply for visitors to use. Access to electricity points
is also included in the price - from £25 per night. The stunning views come free!
Flodabay Farm also offers B&B accommodation and their speciality Famous Flodabay Farm Seafood
Buffet for 2 can be cooked and delivered to your van. There is a 5 Hole Golf Driving Range on site
(golf clubs and balls provided) and 2 secluded lochs for fishing for wild brown trout. One of the
lochs has a resident otter and holt. Please note: the site has no separate toilets or showers. This is
wild camping with all the essentials and a wee bit more! Contact: Tony or Sharon. Tel: 01859 530353.
Goodfellow Self Catering, Isle of Harris. Kinnoull at
Tarbert and Greenbank at Bunavoneader are both warm, clean and comfortable
'homes from home' where children can have adventures, dogs can roam and adults
can just totally relax. Kinnoull is set on a hillside above Tarbert and has a
conservatory offering amazing panoramic view across the Minch to Skye. It is
literally a 4 minute drive from the ferry terminal and is ideally located for
all amenities. The spacious accommodation sleeps up to 7 guests in 3 bedrooms
(two doubles, one with en-suite, and a triple toom with three single beds).
Greenbank is in the peaceful haven of Bunavoneader overlooking West Loch
Tarbert, just 4 miles from Tarbert. Mountains surround the property and
Greenbank shelters in the lee of the majestic Clisham, the highest peak on
Harris. The accommodation comprises a king-size bedroom and a twin bedroom
making it an ideal base for couples or a family of four. Open all year. All
inclusive rates are £650 per week (Kinnoull) and £525 per week
(Greenbank). Short breaks and special offer rates may be available in the
off-peak season. Contact: Irene Goodfellow. Mobile: 07876 771647.
Grandfathers House, 13 Northton,
Isle of Harris, HS3 3JA. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Grandfather's House
is a chunky stone cottage with deep jewel-like windows. This former Hebridean
blackhouse is a uniquely designed, luxury cottage, eco-insulated, warm and cosy
and just a five minutes' walk away from 5 secluded breathtaking white sand
Open the red cottage door to find open plan living area with a
perfectly equipped kitchen and dining/sitting room with fun furnishings and
owner Suzan's wildlife paintings; and upstairs, an open-plan bedroom with an
excellent queen size bed (plus an extra single bed) and bathroom with marble
wash basins. This is the perfect location for walks along the many beaches. Try
taking Angus' fast boat to St Kilda, dining at Scarista House, enjoying local
seafood at the Anchorage Restaurant at the Pier, or meeting seals on a kayaking
trip with Bart of
Outdoor Adventure. Or stay in, cosy up at the wood stove and watch the
weather. We also have two 5 star family cottages, Gannet and Fulmar, each
sleeping 5 with breathtaking panoramic beach views towards Scarista beach and
the ocean beyond. See our website for details. Open all year. From £750
to £850 per week. Low Season short breaks available. Contact: Jan or
Suzan Visser. Tel: 01859 520315.
Harris Hill Lodge, Achmore, Isle of Lewis. A fifteen
minute drive from both Stornoway and the Callanish Stones and a short drive
from some of the best west coast beaches, Harris Hill Lodge is a well appointed
two bedroom cottage set back from the road and with wonderful views all round.
The newly renovated accommodation comprises an open plan living space with a
fully fitted kitchen with all modern appliances and a lounge with log burner,
one double bedroom, one twin room and a spacious bathroom with a bath and
separate shower. There is an excellent signal for most mobile networks, good 3G
reception and the cottage has Wi-Fi. The lounge has patio doors leading onto a
decking area that overlooks the neighbouring loch. There is ample parking and
the lodge has a large natural garden where wildlife such as deer sometimes
visit. Harris Hill Lodge is a great base for exploring both Lewis and Harris
with the convenience of a petrol station with a minimarket close by. Open all
year. Rates from £350 per week. One well behaved dog is welcome (in the
living area only) for an additional £25 per week. Contact: Deborah Ford.
Tel: 07796 474412.
E-mail: via our online form
WWW: Harris Hill Web Site
Harris Holiday Homes, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BP. Just 3
miles from Tarbert and with commanding views of East Loch Tarbert, Glen
Carragrich cottage is the perfect place to relax and get away from the stresses
of everyday life. Though including many of the requirements of modern
living, much of the original furnishings have been retained giving a good blend
of character and comfort. The cottage has 3 double bedrooms, a sitting
room, dining/kitchen, bathroom and a porch where books and games may be
enjoyed. We also offer a self catering house in Tarbert which sleeps 4. This
property has been recently refurbished, has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms,
dining/kitchen and a separate lounge. Situated in a quiet road off the
main Tarbert-Stornoway road, it is only 10 minutes walk from the ferry terminal
and is ideally situated for exploring the Hebrides. Both properties are
very well equipped with all linen provided and are non smoking.
Rates from £450-£675 per week. Open all year. Contact: Dina
Stewart. Tel: 01224 584864.
Willow and Rowan Cottages, Gisla, Uig, Isle of Lewis. STB 4 Star Self
Catering. Loch Roag Cottages have 3 well appointed properties - Hawthorn,
Willow and Rowan - each offering luxury living in a beautiful setting. Hawthorn
Cottage is a traditional Scottish croft house which has been thoroughly
modernised and re-furbished to create a charming property offering comfortable
accommodation for up to 4 guests. The cottage enjoys a secluded location facing
the Morsgail River and comprises an open plan kitchen/dining room, a drying
room, a separate living room, one double bedroom, one twin bedroom and a shower
room. Willow and Rowan are two purpose built cottages at Kinlochroag. Similar
in layout, with a large open-plan living space, Willow and Rowan each have one
double bedroom, one twin room and a family bathroom. Open all year. Rates from
£300-£440 per week. All our properties are non smoking and cannot
accept pets. Contact Finlay or Rachel Macdonald. Tel: 01851 672368. Fax: 01851
E-mail: via our online form
Hebridean Luxury Holidays, 7 Sand Street, Stornoway, Isle of
Lewis, HS1 2UE. STB 5 Star Self Catering. Furnished in a contemporary
style,"Metagama","Iolaire" and "Craigroyston" Lodges offer an unsurpassed
standard of holiday accommodation on the Isle of Lewis. All properties have
fully fitted kitchens, include a full Sky TV package, DVD Home Cinema and WiFi
internet and have gardens with off street parking for two or more vehicles. All
have have open plan living areas and cathedral ceilings. "Iolaire" and
"Metagama" have 2 bedrooms and a family bathroom. These are complete with
saunas and Jacuzzi baths. "Craigroyston" has 3 bedrooms, and 2 bath or shower
rooms. "Craigroyston" and "Iolaire" also have outdoor hot tubs. From £749
to £999 per week. Short breaks September through May. Pets Welcome. Tel:
07917 035 295.
Kilda House, Isle of Harris. STB 4 Star Visit Scotland
graded Luxury Self Catering. Just a five minute drive away from this luxurious
semi-detached house are Northton's four secluded white sandy beaches. The house
boasts excellent views over Loch Obbe, the village of Leverburgh and the remote
South Harris hills. Scarista beach is close by, as is the picturesque Isle of
Harris Golf Club. The house sleeps 6-7 and is furnished to a high standard with
a Jacuzzi bath, 2nd bathroom and a fully equipped kitchen. Kilda House is a great
base for walking, fishing, cycling, sea kayaking, sailing, seal watching, exploring
and more. All activities can be arranged locally. Open all year. Rates from£950
to £1350 including all linen, towels, WiFi and HD TV. A £100 per week reduction applies
all year if a booking is made for a couple, rather than for a larger group. Low Season
short breaks available. In Kilda House we take a dog on request. Dog Policy applies.
Contact: Susan on 01859 520315.
Lewis Longhouse, Broadbay,
Isle of Lewis. STB 5 Star, Green Tourism GOLD award Self Catering.
Set low on a hillside with wide, uninterrupted views, The Longhouse overlooks the beach and
Floor to ceiling windows create a stunning vista, opening
south onto a large deck from where you can enjoy the ever changing views from stunning sunrises
to sunset and the dark night sky. This is a luxurious, architect-designed home featuring a spacious,
double–height kitchen/dining space, open-plan to the living area, two large bedrooms with superking-size
and/or twin beds to sleep 4, two bathrooms. Upstairs is a quiet relaxing area with surprise balcony.
Underfloor heating keeps oak floors warm underfoot and a multi-fuel stove keeps you cosy. Owner Linda
provides all the help you need in planning your stay in this luxurious home-from-home. Open all year.
Rates from £950 to £1780 per week. 10% discount on weekly bookings for a couple. Short breaks available
October to March. Contact: Linda MacLeod Brown. Tel: 01425 483078. Mobile: 07961 445632.
Near Bhaltos, Isle of Lewis. This appealing seaside cottage in the tiny
village of Bhaltos, is situated on the west of the Isle of Lewis and offers
well appointed accommodation with amazing views. It is just over thirty miles
from the 'capital' of the isle, Stornoway, where the ferry crosses from
Ullapool on the mainland. The property comprises a bright, open plan,
lounge/kitchen/dining room which runs almost the entire length of the ground
floor and has large windows framing views more beautiful than any picture. From
the sitting area there is access to a decked veranda, ideal for alfresco
dining. Upstairs, in the eaves, is a good size twin bedroom and an open
galleried double bedroom, both with wonderful views. A downstairs shower room
and separate utility/drying room complete the accommodation. Open all year.
Fully inclusive prices from £325-£595 per week. WiFi included.
Please note this is a no smoking house. It is pet friendly. Tel: +44 (0)1835
WWW: Liosbeag Web Page
Lochhouse Cottage, Geocrab, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HB. In
the heart of the Bays of Harris surrounded by spectacular scenery, Lochhouse is
a 3 bedroom detached cottage offering comfortable accommodation for up to 6
The property comprises a fully fitted kitchen, a separate living room,
a conservatory, 3 bedrooms and a family bathroom. Outside is an enclosed deck
area. Lochhouse Cottage is a great place to get away from it all and to sit
back and enjoy the views: though you will also find it a great base from which
to fish, walk, sail, golf or cycle. You'll find everything you need close by.
The ports of Tarbert and Leverburgh are just a short drive away giving access
to mainland Scotland and to the Uists and there are places to visit and things
to do across Harris and Lewis all within an easy days' travelling. Open all
year. Rates from £400-£500 per week including provision of all
linen and heating. Electricity is charged at cost. Contact Mamie MacLeod. Tel:
Ocean View, 14
Brue, Isle of Lewis. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Overlooking the Atlantic
coast of the Isle of Lewis, Ocean View is a traditional croft house that has
been extensively renovated and improved to offer comfortable accommodation for
up to 4 guests. The house features exposed stone walls and an open hearth (peat
supplied), as well as the convenience of central heating, new appliances, and
two bathrooms. Ocean View stands in its own grounds, overlooking both Loch Mor
Bharabhais and the Atlantic, and in most weathers is within sound of the surf.
The loch, with excellent salmon and trout fishing, is a short stroll from the
house and the Atlantic shore is an eight-minute walk down the road. A waymarked
path extends along the coast, offering scenery, beachcombing and birdwatching.
Brue is only 14 miles by good road from the airport, ferry terminal, stores and
facilities of Stornoway. The local region is noted for loch fishing,
birdwatching on shore and moorland, archaeological monuments and historical
attractions. Open all year. Rates from £300-£550 per week including
all costs. Tel/Fax: (00)1-613-832-2244.
Old Post Office House, Amhuinnsuidhe, Isle of Harris.
Nestled amongst the north Harris hills, near the shore of Loch Leosavay, Old
Post Office House is in the village of Amhuinnsuidhe 12 miles north west of the
ferry terminal at Tarbert. Hushinish beach is only a 15 minute drive away. This
well appointed property sleeps up to 5 guests and comprises a well equipped
kitchen with all modern appliances, a spacious living/dining room with open
fire, TV with Sky, Blu-Ray player and Bluetooth speaker, a separate office/games room with
Wii, board games and books, one bedroom with kingsize bed, one twin room, one
single room plus a family bathroom. There is an additional downstairs toilet
and a utility room. Open all year. Fully inclusive rates from
£590-£700 per week. Short breaks from £85 per night (minimum
3 night stay). Free WiFi. Pets welcome. Sorry no smoking. Contact Tina Macleod.
Tel: 01859 520799 or 550386.
Rowan Cottage, Urgha, Isle of Harris. STB 3 Star Self
Catering. A traditional crofters cottage with spectacular views over East Loch
Tarbert, Rowan Cottage offers simple yet comfortable accommodation in the quiet
and picturesque village of Urgha (pronounced Ur-A-Ha).
The village is just a
ten minute drive from the main village of Tarbert, with its ferry port, shops,
bank and tourist information centre. A great base for touring, you'll find
plenty to see and do in the local area with activities to suit all ages and
abilities and the close proximity of the ferry port opens up options for island
hopping. The cottage comprises a kitchen, cosy living/dining room with feature
fireplace, satellite television and DVD player, two double bedrooms, one twin
bedroom and a family bathroom. Open all year. Rates range from
£200-£400 per week. Please note: Rowan Cottage is a non smoking
house. Contact: Mary Ann Mackinnon. Tel: 01859 502114.
Ardhasaig, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AJ. Seaview is the perfect place to relax
and makes an ideal base for anyone who enjoys walking, cycling,
magnificent beaches, or simply meandering around our beautiful
island with its spectacular scenery and array of tourist attractions,
cafes and galleries. Seaview comprises two bedrooms (double and
twin) on the upper floor. The ground floor has a lounge, kitchen/diner
and bath/shower/toilet. Bedrooms, lounge and kitchen all have
windows that face out over Loch Bunabhainneadar and provide breathtaking
views of the Harris mountains. Ardhasaig has a petrol station
with a small grocery store which is approximately 5 minutes walk
from the house where daily provisions such as bread, milk, etc
are available. It is also under three miles from Tarbert, the
ferry terminus and village capital of Harris. Open all year.
Saturday to Saturday from £450
per week including all lines and WiFi. Contact: Christopher Griffiths.
Tel: 01859 502363.
Stornoway Holiday Cottage, 24 New Street, Stornoway, Isle of
Lewis, HS1 2JJ. Within five minutes walking distance of Lews Castle,
with its beautiful grounds and golf course, Stornoway Holiday Cottage is
conveniently located for everything the island capital has to offer.
base for touring, this well appointed property offers spacious accommodation
for up to 8 guests. Of traditional build, the cottage has been recently
modernised and comprises a fully fitted kitchen with all modern appliances, a
utility room, a spacious lounge with Sky TV and surround sound, a separate
dining room, a downstairs cloakroom, a large contemporary bathroom with shower
and free standing bath and 4 bedrooms: 3 upstairs and 1 down. Stornoway Cottage
has a private garden and off road parking. Open all year. Rates from
£500-£750 per week. Includes free WiFi. Sorry no smoking or pets.
Contact: Angus or Christine Macdonald. Tel: 01555 890 799. Mobile: 0782 868
Strathview, 6 Urgha, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BW.
Originally built in 1870, Strathview is a traditional croft house which has
been completely renovated to provide a highly appointed, quiet holiday home
sleeping up to 6. The remains of Scottish blackhouses are dotted around the
croft. From the porch you can see ferries and fishing boats entering or leaving
the harbour at nearby Tarbert. Tarbert has two quality hotels, both with public
bars and restaurants, and a variety of local shops. Strathview is ideally
placed for touring, with fishing, golf, sailing, tennis and walks all within a
short drive. The accommodation comprises a kitchen, lounge with sofa bed and
open fire, one double bedroom, one twin bedroom and two bathrooms. The large
porch overlooks the loch and there is decking outside from where eagles and
seals may be seen. Open all year. From £250-£500 per week including
all electricity, fuel for the open fire and bed linen. Pets accepted. Contact
Sam McBride Tel: 01255 862516.
Catering Cottage, Kendibeg, Isle of Harris. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
'Tamh' provides comfortable accommodation in a newly built 3 bedroom house in
the picturesque bays of Harris. The word tamh means 'rest' and you're
guarenteed a restful holiday here whatever the season or the weather. The
property enjoys fantastic views across East Loch Tarbert to the islands of
Scotasay and Scalpay and beyond and comes beautifully appointed and with all
modern appliances including a dishwasher, TV and DVD. 'Tamh' has excellent
provision for disabled guests and ample private parking. Come here to explore
the magic of the Western Isles or to just to while away the hours. Whatever
your reason for making the journey, you won't be disappointed! Open all year.
Rates from £325-£600 per week including all heating, electricity
and bed linen. Contact: Iain Morrison. Tel: 0141-633-3744 or 0141-571-2632.
Whitefalls Spa Lodges, Breasclete, Isle of Lewis, HS2
9ED. STB 5 Star Self Catering. Luxurious and spacious, Whitefalls Lodges
offer seclusion and tranquillity in a stunning location.
Set above the village
of Breasclete, Monadh Lodge and Eala Lodge are two beautifully appointed
properties offering the perfect romantic retreat, each having a large
double-ended spa bath, sauna and rainshower plus a separate treatment room
where spa treatments can be given. Large open plan living areas have vaulted
ceilings, oak floors and wall to wall picture windows. Fully fitted kitchens
come with all modern appliances, there is sumptuous leather seating in the
lounges plus flat screen TVs and DVD players. Each lodge's spacious double
bedroom has a superking bed and a separate dressing area. Open all year. Rates
from £1150-£1795 per week. Short breaks available November to March
from £575 for a three night stay. Tel: +44 (0)7585 603215.
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- 2B Habost House Ness, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0TG.
- 3 Sail Loft 2 Lower Sandwick, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0AE.
- 3 Strome View Laggandoin, Isle of Scalpay, HS4 3YF.
- 4 Callanish Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 5 Hacklete 5 Hacklete, Bernera, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ND.
- 6 Upper Garrabost Point, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0PN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 7a Ardroil Uig, Isle of Lewis. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 8b Calbost South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9QR. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- 14 Kirivick Carloway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9AY. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Holiday Caravan at 14 Seilebost Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP.
- 25 Francis Street Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2NF.
- 27 Garenin Carloway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9AL. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- 31 Lower Barvas Barvas, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0QY.
- 31 Northton Isle Of Harris, HS3 3JA.
- 38 Cliff Cliff, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HP.
- Achard 7 Churchill Drive, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2NP.
- Aline Cottages Loch Seaforth, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JL. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- An Acail Holiday Cottage 12c Guershader, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Atlantic & Shore Cottages 5 Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HL. STB 4-5 Star Self Catering.
- Balallan Cottage 5 Laxay, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PJ.
- Bayview House Isle of Lewis. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Beannachd 2 Horgabost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HR. Awaiting STB Grading.
- The Beach House Seilebost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Beechland Tong, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0HU. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Benshaw Cottage 12 New Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2JJ.
- Benside Cottage 15a Benside, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Beul na Mara Cottages 12 Seilebost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Caberfeidh Cottage 7 Marvig, South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9QP. Awaiting STB Grading.
- Cabhalan Cottage Quidinish, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JD. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- Cairn Dhu 18a/1 Matheson Road, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2LA. STB 4 Star Serviced Apartments.
- The Cairns 32 Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Callanish Farmhouse Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Carnish Lodge 3 Carnish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9EX.
- Cartwheel Bothy Isle of Scalpay.
- Ceann an Loch Cottage 98 Westend, Balallan, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PN.
- Ceol na Mara 3 Hushinish, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AY.
- Ceol Na Mara 9b, Port of Ness, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0XA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Chalet Yvonne 3a Shore Road, Point, Isle Of Lewis, HS2 0BW.
- Cnoc a' Chlachain 1a Collam, Cluer, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EP.
- Cnoc-na-Ba Holiday Cottage Finsbay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JD. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Collam Villa Scott Road, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DL. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Creagan 3 East Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- The Crofthouse Isle of Harris.
- Culrain Cottage 22 Kyles, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BA.
- Dalhanna Self Catering East Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Decca Self Catering Lionel, Ness, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0XB.
- Dunard Villa 10 MacLean Terrace, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Eden House 58 Leurbost, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9NU.
- Eilean Fraoich Camp Site North Shawbost, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9BQ. STB 3 Star Touring Park.
- Fairwaysview Lodges 8 Scaristavore, Scarista, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HX. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Finsbay Cottages Finsbay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EY.
- Fir Chlis 12b, Seilebost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Flodabay Farm Caravan and Campervan Site 4 Flodabay, Flodabay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HA.
- Gasker House 10 Scaristamhor, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Gatehouse Rodel, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TW.
- Gearrannan Blackhouse Village Carloway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9AL. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Glenview Cottage Tolsta Chaolais, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Glorig Croft House 1 Bedersaig, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AX.
- Hamarsay House Isle of Scalpay, Harris. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Handa 18 Keose, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JX.
- Harbour View Apartment 7 Esplanade Court, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2XA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Harris Holiday Cottage Rosamol, 3 Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HL.
- Harris White Cottage Rodel, Isle of Harris. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Harsgeir View Cottage 12 Hacklete, Bernera, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ND. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Heather Isle Chalets 24, Leurbost, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9NU.
- Hollyburn Lower Bayble, Point, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0QB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Isle of Harris Holidays Tigh Fionnlagh, 17 Strond, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3UD.
- Kabuis Self Catering 25 South Shawbost, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9BJ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Kirklea Cottages Manse Road, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DG. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Kitale 9 Sand Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2UE. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Kyles Holiday Cottage 11 Kyles Scalpay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BS.
- Lag na Mara Cliff Beach, Uig, Isle of Lewis. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Laxdale Cottage Borve Lodge Estate, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HT.
- Laxdale Holiday Park Bungalow 6 Laxdale Lane, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DR. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Leumadair Self Catering Calanmaran, 7 Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DY.
- Lewis Apartments 18a/1 Matheson Road, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2LA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Lickisto Blackhouse Camping 1 Lickisto, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EL.
- Loch House Plocropool, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Lochan View Cottage Breaclete, Bernera, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9LT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Macaulay Sporting Lodge Macaulay Farm, Lochs Road, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JN.
- Mangurstadh Croft Wigwams 5 Mangersta, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9EY.
- Miavaig House Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HE. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Mìle Sgeir 11 Strond, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3UD.
- Mol Ban Holiday Cottage Scalpay Road, Tarbert, Isle of Harris. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Moor Park Cottages 7 Park, Barvas, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0QZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Morrison View Port of Ness, Isle of Lewis.
- Morsgail Lodge Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JH.
- Mountain View Holidays 17 Uigen, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HX. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Newvalley Cottage 72 Newvalley, By Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DN.
- Ocean View 15 Breanish, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Old Croft House 6 Ardhasaig, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AJ. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- Onadune 10c Sheshader, Point, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0EW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Park House Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2EN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Pabbay House 23 Back, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0LQ.
- Plantation 3 Plantation Road, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2JS. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Rachans Crofthouse Breasclete, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9EF.
- Rhumor Croft House No.1 New Tolsta, HS2 0NN.
- Riof Ocean Cottage 7b Reef, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HU. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Rodel Hotel Self Catering Rodel, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TW.
- Rodel Valley Log Cabins Thorro House, Rodel, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TW.Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Roineabhal Cottage 39 Outend, Isle of Scalpay, HS4 3YG.
- Rowan Cottage 16 Kyles, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Sandview Cottage 6 Scaristavore, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JA.
- Scaliscro Estate Uig, Isle of Lewis.
- Scarista House Sgarasta Bheag, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HX. STB 3&4 Star Self Catering.
- Seilebost Cottage Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP.
- Shalom Cottage 12 Strond, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3UD. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Shiant View Cottage 5 Orinsay, Lochs, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9RG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Shore Cottage 5 Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HL. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Sith na Mara 6b Leaclee, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EH.
- Slios na Beinne 3 Hill Street, North Tolsta, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0NG. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Stac Pollaidh Scalpay, Isle of Harris, HS4 3XZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Stemreway 34 Back, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0LQ.
- Sundown Cottage Achmore, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Surf View 21b Aird, Tong, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0HT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Taigh Eilidh 13a Callicvol, Port of Ness, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0XA. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Taigh Geal 6 Newvalley, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Taigh Granaidh 43 Breasclete, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9EF.
- Taigh Iomhair 1 Carragreich, Kyles, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BP. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Taigh na Phoirt Deas 1 Balallan, South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PN.
- Tamana Cottage Govig, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AT.
- Tigh Aonghais 1 Lower Bayble, Point, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0QA.
- Tigh a Bheannaich Aird, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JA. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Tigh Gorm Main Street, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DJ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Tigh na Greine 26 Upper Carloway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9AG.
- Tigh na Mara & End House 4 Carrigrich, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BP. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Tigh na Phoirt Deas 1 Balallan, South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Tolsta Chaolais Holiday Cottages 6 Tolsta Chaolais, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DW. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Uig Lodge Accommodation for up to 15. Above Uig Bay, Isle of Lewis.
- Ullabhal & Cleisabhal Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DL. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Valtos Cottage Valtos, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HR. STB 5 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Westside Cottage 3 Linsiadar, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DR. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Whitefalls Spa Lodges Breasclete, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ED. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Woodcroft 7 Horgabost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HR.