Aird Uig SEAcroft - Bed,
Breakfast & Evening Meals, 3a Aird, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JA.
With views over the Atlantic, pets welcome, satellite TV, free WiFi, kayak and bike hire -
what more could you want from a stay on the number one island destination in Europe? SEAcroft
is a licensed B&B and our family home and we are Sarah, Elliot and Andrew (hence the name!).
Accommodation is in a choice of rooms, all with views out across the Atlantic. One is a
spacious family en-suite, another a king size en-suite, while others have private bathrooms
and offer a double or twin set up. All rooms have free WiFi and satellite TV. There is also
a comfortable guest lounge/dining room with cosy sofas, a library of local reference books
and a selection of games. We offer a wide range of food in the evenings using locally
sourced ingredients including Miavaig lobster, hand dived scallops, Highland fillet steaks
and loin of Blackface lamb. A hearty breakfast is served each morning and packed lunches
can be provided. Prices from £70 for B&B for the room per night. Reduced rates for children.
All major credit and debit cards accepted. Contact: Sarah Taylor-Gerloch. Tel: 01851 672753.
House, 12 West Side, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BG. Less than an
hour's drive from the Calanish Stones and half an hour to St Clement's Church
at Rodel is Avalon. In between are the majestic hills of North Harris and the
golden sandy beaches of Luskentyre, Seilebost and Horgabost, making this a
great base for exploring all that Harris has to offer and for touring more
widely. There is good fishing on the island and Harris also has a golf club
which welcomes visitors. Avalon is situated on a family croft, with a southerly
aspect over West Loch Tarbert. Guest rooms include two doubles and a twin, all
en-suite and with views over the loch. All have flat screen TVs, iPod docks and
there is free WiFi. The guest dining room also benefits from fantastic views.
Here, you will find peace and tranquility, in comfortable and friendly
surroundings, while you view the wildlife from your window. Open April to
October. B&B £38 per person per night. Contact: Arlene Morrison. Tel:
+44 (0) 1859 502334.
Broad Bay House, Back, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0LQ. STB 5 Gold
Star Guest House with Category 1 Disabled access and Eat Scotland Silver Award.
Just a few miles north of Stornoway, Broad Bay House is adjacent to a sweeping
sandy beach with direct access to the shore. The house has four spacious luxury
en-suite bedrooms including one fully accessible room. All are are equipped
with home cinema system, Samsung flat screen TV and a dock for your iPod.
Outside each bedroom is a personal decking area. Other facilities include free
WiFi, a guest laundry, a library with PC, local maps and books and a CD/DVD
collection. A full Scottish breakfast is served each morning and a 3 or 4
course evening dinner is available. Open all year. B&B S from £119, D
from £149. Prices are per room per night. Sorry no children under 12 or
pets. Broad Bay House is non smoking throughout. Contact: Ian Fordham. Tel: +44
(0) 1851 820990.
Dunvegan View, 9 Cluer, Isle of Harris,
Located in Cluer, on the eastern coast of the Isle of Harris, Dunvegan View is only 10
minutes drive from Tarbert, the main centre and ferry port of Harris.
The house sits in a secluded, tranquil setting less than 100m from the sea, with wonderful
views across the Minch to the entrance of Loch Dunvegan and MacLeod's Tables on the Isle
of Skye - hence the name. Built in 1921/1922 by John Morrison (the current owner's late
grandfather), the original croft house was extended in the 1950s and has now been fully
refurbished to give a high standards of comfort. Guest accommodation is in a choice of
double and twin en-suite bedrooms, each one provided with a TV, radio alarm clock, hair
dryer and hospitality tray. Ideally located for touring the Western Isles, Dunvegan View
is also a great place to sit back and relax. Otters are regular visitors to the bay and
seals can be seen basking on the rocks here. Open all year. For B&B, call for best price.
Contact: Anne Broadbent. Tel: 01859 530294.
Flodabay Farm, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HA. Flodabay Farm
B&B offers private and comfortable accommodation on the stunning Isle of
Harris and boasts a Certificate of Excellence 2014 award from TripAdvisor.
farm is set in 30 acres of peaceful croftland with stunning views of the Bays
of Harris, Isle of Skye and the mainland hills of Scotland. Situated on the
road between Tarbert and Leverburgh we're ideally sited for exploring Lewis and
Harris. Our superb en-suite bedroom has its own private entrance and dining
area. The room has a kingsize oak bed, Freesat TV plus a selection DVDs, a
supply of books and tea and coffee facilities. Flodabay Farm B&B also
provides free wireless Internet access. We have two Lochs on our croft which
you can fish for wild brown trout free of charge. Rods can be provided. We are
also just a 2 minute walk from Flodabay Jetty where you can launch small boats,
dinghies or kayaks. There are numerous cafes and art galleries in the area.
Open all year. B&B from £35 per person per night. Contact: Tony or
Sharon. Tel: 01859 530353.
The Gatliff Hebridean Hostels Trust operates hostel
a at Rhenigidale. The GHHT operates a two-star hostel at
Rhenigidale, allowing visitors to share in the life and culture of the local
community. The Trust supports three hostels, each in an idyllic position:
Berneray on North Uist, Howmore on South Uist and Rhenigidale on North Harris.
Each is looked after by a warden and has piped water and WCs. Beds, duvets,
cooking equipment, stoves and cutlery are provided. Personal sheet sleeping
bags are necessary and may be rented, if required, at £2 per
visit. Camping is possible at all hostels. These 'distinctive hostels of
destination' are open all year. Bednight fees: £14 for adults; £8
for under 18s. Reservations are not possible, but beds are usually available.
Camping with use of hostels' cooking and communal facilities £8 per
Bed and Breakfast, 6 Ardnakillie, Scalpay, Isle of Harris, HS4 3YB. In a
peaceful location with spectacular sea views, Highcroft overlooks East Loch
Tarbert. You can watch the ferry coming and going on it's daily passage through
East Loch from here. There is also an abundance of wildlife and sea birds. A
bridge connects Scalpay to mainland Harris and there are wonderful beaches
within a 20 minute drive. Accommodation at Highcroft is in a choice of double,
twin or family en-suite rooms, each one individually decorated and highly
appointed. Breakfast is served in our comfortable breakfast room and there is a
cosy lounge for guests' use. Scalpay provides a great base for exploring the
magical Isle of Harris and Highcroft is a great place to come back to at the
end of a busy day. Open all year. B&B D/T/Family from £35 per person
per night. Contact: Chirsty MacKinnon. Tel: 01859 540305.
Manor House B&B,
52 Macaulay Road, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2TT. This family run Bed and Breakfast is
located on the outskirts of Stornoway, close enough to be easily accessible, but far
enough away to avoid the hustle and bustle of the town centre. Double and twin guest
rooms are available, both of them with en-suite facilities and a hearty breakfast is
served each morning to set you on your way. Where possible, all produce is sourced locally
or from Wester Ross. The town centre is about fifteen minutes walk from Manor House.
There you will find a host of amenities for all ages including a cinema, sports centre
and a choice of restaurants and other eateries. You'll also find this a great base for
touring. The island boasts archeological sites in abundance, the opportunity to see
Harris tweed being hand woven in small workshops and golf and walking for those who
want a more active holiday. Open all year. B&B is £40 per person per night. Free WiFi.
Contact Christine or Henry MacInnes. Tel: 01851 703653.
The Old School
House, Finsbay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JD. 13 miles south of Tarbert and 7
miles from Leverburgh, The Old School House offers spacious, comfortable
accommodation. Located on a quiet side road by the shore of Loch Finsbay, the
views from here extend to the Isle of Skye. Guests may walk straight out of the
property onto the moors and towards the sea. Accommodation is offered in three
twin rooms, all en-suite. One is on the ground floor. There is a guest
lounge/dining room, also on the ground floor. The Old School House provides
broadband Internet access. The local area is popular for hill walking, fly
fishing, cycling and ornithology and guests may take the ferry to North Uist or
book on one of the private charter boats that run to St. Kilda. Open all year.
B&B £40 per person per night (subject to discounts for 2+ days).
Evening meals from £20 per person. Contact: Alan Ross. Tel: 01859 530420.
Spinners Cottage B&B,
Geocrab, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HB. This traditional cottage B&B is located in Geocrab, in
the bays of Harris, on the east coast of the island. An ideal base for touring, walking,
cycling, fishing, kayaking or simply relaxing, Spinners Cottage is within easy reach
of the beautiful beaches of Harris and is equi-distant from the ferry ports at Tarbert and
Leverburgh. Our comfortable twin bedded, en-suite guest room comes complete with tea
and coffee making facilities, a hairdryer and a radio. We
offer exclusive use of the garden room to our guests. This overlooks the loch and
is where breakfast is served. You can also plan your days on the island using
the maps and local information provided. There is TV in the adjacent lounge and
we have reliable satellite WiFi. Outside there is dry overnight storage for bikes and
off road parking. A full Scottish breakfast is served each morning and packed lunches
are available. Open all year. B&B from £35
per person per night. Contact: Karen Mairi Smith. Tel: +44(0)1859 530284.
Chailean, 11 Laxay, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PJ. Midway between
Stornoway in Lewis and Tarbert in Harris, Taigh Chailean sits in a tranquil
setting with superb views across Loch Erisort. A fantastic base for touring,
the village of Laxay is surrounded by magnificent scenery and an abundance of
wildlife. The house is newly renovated and has been comfortably furnished to
the highest standard. Accommodation is all at ground floor level and the
external door has ramp access. We have one double room and one twin, both with
en-suite facilities, flat screen TVs, hospitality trays, luxurious towels and
high quality bed linens. WiFi is available. A full breakfast is served in the
conservatory which offers superb views across the loch. Special diets can be
catered for and packed lunches provided on request. Open all year. B&B From
£38 per person per night. Contact: Marion Maciver. Tel: 01851 830315.
Mobile: 0755 773 5399.
Taylor Hill B&B, Taylor Hill, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris,
HS5 3TX. Taylor Hill is conveniently located in the village of
Leverburgh, at the southern end of the magical Isle of Harris. Leverburgh,
known in Gaelic as An t-Ob, is the terminus of the Sound of Harris ferry
linking Harris with North Uist, and is a great base from which to explore
Harris and, to its north, Lewis. We have 2 en-suite double guest rooms, each
provided with tea and coffee making facilities, a hairdryer and a clock radio.
There is a guest lounge with TV with Freeview which also has a dining area
where breakfast is served each morning. Taylor Hill offers extensive views to
the south west that include the Sound of Harris. You'll find plenty to see and
do here, with a host of activities nearby for those keen on outdoor pursuits
including walking, fishing and cycling. Or why not take the ferry and explore
North and South Uist? Alternatively, trips to St Kilda leave daily, weather
permitting, 1.5 miles from the house. Open all year. B&B is £35 per
person per night. Contact: Shona Morrison. Tel: 01859 520266.
Tigh an Eilein Bed and Breakfast, 5A Flodabay, Isle of Harris,
HS3 3HA. Offering comfortable accommodation and stunning views across
The Little Minch to the Isle of Skye, Tigh an Eilein is sited in the unique
lunar landscape of the Bays of Harris, midway between the ferry terminals at
Tarbert and Leverburgh. St Clements Church at Rodel and the magnificent beaches
on the west side of the island are a short drive away. We have two rooms
available - Room 1 is a double with en-suite shower priced at £40 per
person per night which can also be made up as a triple at £100.00 per
night. Room 2 is a single with separate shared bathroom for which the cost is
£35.00 per night. TV in bedrooms and guests have access to free wireless
broadband. Tea and coffee making facilities are provided. A full Scottish
breakfast is served in our dining room each morning. Early starts can be
catered for. Open all year and offering 3 nights for the price of 2 between 1
October to 31 March. Contact: Christina Johnston. Tel: 01859 530270. Mobile:
Two Harbours Guest
House, Scalpay, Isle of Harris, HS4 3XU. (4 Star) Approximately 6 miles east of Tarbert
and connected to mainland Harris by a road-bridge, Scalpay is a scenic, peaceful island and an
ideal base to explore all of Harris and Lewis. We offer newly refurbished, spacious, coastal
accommodation situated between the north and south harbours. All rooms have ensuite bathrooms
with MAINS pressure showers and are up one flight of stairs. Choice of 3 excellent rooms
(available April to October 2016). There is FREE WiFi, plenty of parking, wonderful views and
walks to the lighthouse. An excellent Bistro is just 100yds away (closed Wednesday/Sunday).
This historic house site played host to Bonnie Prince Charlie in 1746 after Culloden. The 2016
B&B Tariff from £90prpn to max £120prpn (any discounts available only if booked directly -
see website for full details). Sorry no pets or children under 14. Contact Jacqui or Shaun on
Other Guest Houses, B&Bs and Hostels
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- Am Bothan Bunkhouse Brae House, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS3 3UA. STB 5 Star Hostel. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Arnish View B&B 26 Newton Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2RE. STB 3 Star B&B.
- The Backpackers Stop Main Street, Tarbert, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DJ.
- Baile-na-Cille Guest House Timsgarry, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JD. STB 3 Star Guest House.
- Barbara Burns B&B 26 Newton Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2RE. STB 3 Star B&B.
- Benlester B&B 13 Habost, South Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9QB.
- Ben View B&B Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TL.
- Beul na Mara B&B 12 Seilebost, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HP. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Cabuzana B&B Back Street, Cross, Ness, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0SY.
- Carminish House 1A Strond, Isle of Harris, HS5 3UD. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Ceann Bodaich 10 Tolsta Chaolais, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DW. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Ceol-na-Mara 1a Aignish, Point, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0PB. STB 3 Star B&B.
- Ceol na Mara 7 Direcleit, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DP. STB 4 Gold Star B&B.
- Clearview B&B 44 Balallan, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PT. STB 3 Star B&B.
- The Croft House 6a Perceval Road North, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2UG. STB 3 Star B&B.
- The Decca B&B Lionel, Ness, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0XB.
- Dunroamin 18 Plantation Road, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2JS.
- Dunvegan View B&B 9 Cluer, Isle of Harris, HS3 3EP.
- Eshcol Guest House 21 Breascleit, Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9ED. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Fernlea B&B 9 Matheson Road, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2NQ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Galson Farm Guest House South Galson, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0SH. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Gealabhat Callanish B&B 9 Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DY.
- Gledfield 5 Balallan, Lochs, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PN.
- Grimisdale Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TS. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Hal o' The Wynd 2 Newton Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2RE. STB 3 Star Guest House.
- Heatherview B&B 55 North Galson, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0SJ.
- Heb Hostel 25 Kenneth Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2DR. STB 4 Star Hostel.
- Hebridean Guest House 61 Bayhead Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2DZ. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Hirta House B&B Isle of Scalpay, HS4 3XZ. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Jannel 5 Stewart Drive, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2TU. STB 4 Star B&B. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Kershader Youth Hostel Ravenspoint, South Lochs, HS2 9QA. STB Awaiting Grading.
- Laxdale Bunkhouse 6 Laxdale Lane, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0DR. STB 4 Star Hostel. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Leumadair Guest House 7 Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9DY. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- LHYCA Scaladale Centre Ardvourlie, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AB. STB 4 Star Hostel. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Loch Roag Guest House 22a Breasclete, Callanish, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9EF. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Loch Seaforth House B&B 2 Bowglass, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AD.
- Luskentyre House B&B 3 Luskentyre, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HL.
- New Haven 15 Ardinashaig, Isle of Scalpay, HS4 3XZ. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Pairc an t-Srath Guest House Borve, South Harris, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HT.
- Ravenstar B&B 24 Vatisker, Back, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0JS. STB 3 Star B&B.
- Rhenigidale Hostel Rhenigidale, Isle of Harris, HS3 3BD. STB 1 Star Hostel.
- Rockvilla B&B Lower Barvas, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0QY.
- Scarista House Scarista, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HX. STB 4 Star Guest House.
- Seaforth B&B Ardvourlie, Isle of Harris, HS3 3AB.
- Seaside House B&B The Golden Road, Drinishader, Isle of Harris, HS3 3DX.
- Seaside Villa Back, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0LQ. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Sorrel Cottage 2 Glen, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, HS5 3TY. STB 3 Star B&B.
- Suainaval 3 Crowlista, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9JF. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Tetherstone B&B 40 Northton, Isle of Harris, HS3 3JA. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Tigh an Eilein 5A Flodabay, Isle of Harris, HS3 3HA. STB 4 Star B&B.
- Tigh na Bruaich 8 Balallan, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9PN. STB 3 Star B&B.
- Twenty Seven B&B 27 Newton Street, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS1 2RW.
- Wooden House B&B 4 Breanish, Uig, Isle of Lewis, HS2 9HB.