No.64 Easdale Island, Oban, PA34 4TB. Open all year. On
the unique conservation, car free, island of Easdale, No.64 is a delightful
mid-terrace cottage offering comfortable accommodation for up to 6 guests.
Formerly one of the Slate Islands, Easdale Island is connected to the mainland
by a 4 minute pedestrian-only ferry. This unspoilt island has a popular
bar/restaurant, The Puffer; a community hall that hosts a variety of events
during the year; together with its own award winning museum dedicated to the
history of the Slate Workers. The cottage is finished to a very high standard
throughout and comprises a fully fitted kitchen/diner, a separate living room
with wooden floor and cast iron open fire with slate hearth, one kingsize
bedroom and one twin room on the upper floor, both with great views, plus a
double room on the ground floor. There is a shower room on the upper floor plus
a slate-floored wet room on the ground floor. The wet room boasts a cast iron
free-standing claw-foot bath and a separate walk-in shower. Rates from
£275-£600 per week. Short breaks may be available on request.
Contact: Suzanne Darroch.
E-mail: via our online form
Holiday Cottage, Taynuilt. STB 3 Star Self Catering. In a peaceful
setting overlooking Ben Cruachan, Achadacallan Holiday Cottage offers the ideal
base for a relaxing break. Being just a mile from Taynuilt and only 11 miles
from Oban, you are never too far from the hustle and bustle, but can escape it
when you want to. The well appointed accommodation comprises a fully fitted
kitchen with comfortable living and dining area and a TV with Freeview, one
double bedroom with ample storage and a spacious bathroom with electric shower.
You'll find plenty to see and do here. Taynuilt has a range of shops, a tea
room, a hotel and a 9 hole golf course. There is fishing available, sailing on
Loch Etive and a host of attractions to visit in the local area. Open all year.
Rates from £280-£300 per week including all bed linen and towels.
Dogs welcome by arrangement. Contact: Morven Campbell. Tel: 01866
Aird Farm Holiday Cottages, Aird Farm, Ardfern, PA31 8QS.
STB 4 and 5 Star Self Catering. Situated a the end of Craignish Peninsula with
magnificent sea views to islands of Jura, Scarba, Mull and Luing,
4 Star Aird
House sleeps up to 6 guests and is furnished to a high standard with a lounge
and fully fitted kitchen/dining room and a utility room. There is a family
bathroom upstairs with a shower and cloakroom downstairs. Aird Steading Cottage
with views to the west and Loch Craignish to the east, offers 5 Star luxury
accommodation for 2. The cottage forms the west end of the traditional farm
steading and is furnished to a high standard with a jacuzzi and power shower in
the bathroom. Both properties have a wood burning stove and are provided with
toiletries, fresh flowers and a complimentary bottle of wine. Each has its own
secluded garden - a great place to relax and enjoy the wildlife and amazing
views - and is ideally placed for touring this varied and interesting region.
Open all year. Rates from £380-£700 including all linen, fuel and
Wi-Fi. Short breaks available in Low Season. Contact: Alison Campbell. Tel/Fax:
Loch Awe. Set in over an acre of beautifully landscaped gardens,
Ardabhaigh is a cedar clad, detached bungalow offering an ideal "home from
home". Completely secluded and with accommodation for 7 guests in 4 bedrooms,
it comes well appointed and benefits from being all on one level. The property
includes a fully fitted kitchen, a separate lounge and a dining room - perfect
accommodation for cosy nights in and family dinners. In addition a lovely patio
area with outdoor furniture is accessible from both the lounge and the master
bedroom - great for enjoying warm summer evenings relaxing outside. Situated
close to Oban, Ardabhaigh is perfect for exploring, including day trips to
Mull, and enjoying the area's many outdoor pursuits. Open all year. Rates from
£390-£890 per week including provision of all linen and towels.
Electricity is included in the let from May to September otherwise charged at
cost less £25. Pets accepted by prior arrangement, at no charge. Contact:
Gerry Moncrieff. Tel: 01499 302736.
Ardshellach, North Connel, Oban, PA37 1RE. STB 4 Star
Self Catering. In a spectacular location facing due south over Loch Etive,
Ardshellach sits in half an acre of garden and enjoys sweeping views over loch,
mountains and rolling farmland. It is situated two miles east of Connel Bridge
and the celebrated Falls of Lora, which are five miles from Oban. This well
appointed property sleeps up to 6 guests and is equally suited to two people
seeking peace and privacy as it is for a family holiday. The spacious
accommodation comprises a large kitchen/dining room with French windows leading
onto a sheltered terrace and garden, a utility room off the kitchen, a
comfortable sitting room with open fire and panoramic windows to make the most
of the view, a ground floor twin bedroom, upstairs twin and double rooms, the
twin en-suite and a family bathroom. Open March to October. Rates from
£410 per week. Sorry no smoking and no pets. Visit our website or contact
the Rev Alasdair Paine via the email link below.
Benderloch Self Catering, Benderloch, By Oban, PA37 1SB.
STB 4 Star Self Catering. Comprising Seabank Farmhouse for 10 and Seabank Lodge
for 8, these two generously appointed properties are set in private grounds of
130 acres in a spectacular location with magnificent mountain and sea views.
Seabank Farmhouse is a large 5 bedroom property on the shore of Loch Creran.
Seabank Lodge is a newly built detached cottage based on a traditional highland
design. The Lodge has a hot tub in the garden. Their location provides
opportunities for most outdoor activities, on or off the water. There are
beautiful walks and cycle routes nearby and adjoining part of the grounds is a
wildlife reserve with marked trails. Benderloch has a licensed general store,
cafe and restaurant and Oban is just 20 minutes away. Open all year. Rates from
£500-£1500 per week inclusive of towels, linen, electricity and
heating. Short breaks available in low season. Contact: Sandy Orr. Tel: 01631
Blarghour Farm Cottages, Blarghour Farm, Lochaweside, by
Dalmally, PA33 1BW. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Blarghour is a 2000 acre
working hill farm offering a choice of high quality accommodation along the
beautiful south eastern shore of Loch Awe within easy reach of a wide range of
activities and attractions. The four self catering cottages, sleeping from 2 to
6 guests, are all centrally heated and double glazed for year round comfort.
Each has individual character and enjoys it own special place in this area of
outstanding natural beauty. Generously sized beds feature throughout, all linen
is included and properties come equipped with guest convenience in mind.
Children are welcome and cots and highchairs are available. Sorry Blarghour
cannot accept pets. Open all year. Seasonal rates and details of availability
are published on Blarghour's website, accessible via the link below, or
contact: Catriona O'Keeffe. Tel: 01866 833246.
The Captain's Folly, Argyll Mansions, Oban. This
luxurious self catering apartment is in part of the prestigeous Argyll Mansions
Building on The Esplanade, Oban. The highly appointed accommodation is huge
with high ceilings, Victorian features and acres of space. Located on the first
floor, it comprises a fully fitted kitchen, a spacious lounge with a small
balcony with views over the loch to the islands of Kerrera, Mull and Lismore,
an elegant dining room, a large feature lobby - popular in Victorian times when
the seaside mansions in Oban were built - one double bedroom and a bathroom.
The apartment has an allocated parking space. The central location of The
Captain's Folly makes it ideal for accessing all the facilities that Oban has
to offer, for taking a ferry to a number of Scottish islands, or for touring in
the wider area. Open all year. Rates from £300-£700 per week
including provision of all bedlinen and towels. Sorry no smoking and no pets.
Contact: Anne Gracie. Tel: +44 (0) 1471 833 202.
Cologin Country Chalets & Lodges, Lerags Glen, By Oban, PA34
4SE. STB 3 and 4 Star Self Catering. Less than three miles from Oban in
a tranquil country glen, Cologin offers a range of self catering accommodation
from one bedroom chalets and two bedroom lodges to 4 star Cruachan cottage and
Cologin Farmhouse sleeping up to 14. All our properties are situated on a
friendly, family-run site with lovely rural views and the advantage of an
excellent country inn - The Barn at Cologin - for lunchtime and evening meals.
Hill loch fishing (tackle and boat free to residents), Forestry Commission
waymarked walking trails through the woods and a playpark should entertain both
young and old and all Oban's attractions are just minutes away by car. Site
facilities include a drying room and self-service launderette and a Wi-Fi
hotspot in the Barn, which also hosts live music through the season. Open all
year. Pets welcome. OAP discount. Short breaks and long lets available in
addition to regular weeks. Secure online booking via our website. Contact Jim
and Linda Battison. Tel: 01631 564501. Fax: 01631 566925.
Craobh Haven Self Catering, Craobh Haven, Oban. STB 4
Star Self Catering. The Deckhouse is a luxurious self catering holiday cottage
in the pretty village of Craobh Haven mid-way between Oban and Lochgilphead.
Surrounded by stunning scenery with wonderful unspoilt sea views, this charming
property provides the ideal base for a range of activities and for touring. The
well appointed accommodation comprises a fully fitted kitchen with all modern
appliances, a separate lounge/dining room with table and chairs for 6, two
double sofas, widescreen TV with Sky family package included and a DVD player,
one double bedroom, one twin bedroom with zip-link beds and a family bathroom.
Outside there is a lawned area to the front, decking to the rear and parking
for 2 cars. Open all year. Full inclusive rates from £340 per week. Short
breaks available in low season. Contact: Hugh Dinnie. Tel: 07923 972833 or
Creagard Country House, 48 Cullipool Village, Isle of Luing, By
Oban, PA34 4UB. Located in the heart of the slate mining Conservation
Village of Cullipool and just a short distance from the sea, Creagard Country
House commands magnificent views over the Firth of Lorne to the dramatic
coastline of the Isle of Mull and is the ideal place for a quiet and romantic
wedding or honeymoon. Providing comfortable accommodation for up to 7 guests,
this spacious property comprises a large living/dining area with high vaulted
ceiling, wood burning stove opening onto a large sundeck, a modern
kitchen/breakfast room with spiral staircase leading to the first floor
chartroom, an en-suite master bedroom with twin beds, two further double
bedrooms and a family bathroom. Original wood block flooring and rugs
throughout. Open all year. Reached by a short and inexpensive car ferry from
Seil Island, 20 miles south of Oban. Rates from £590-£790 including
all electricity, WiFi, coal, linen and towels. Mid and low season short break
rates from £380. Contact: Cully Pettigrew. Tel: +44 0141 639 4592.
Mobile: +44 07765 328031.
Cottage, Kilninver Estate, By Oban. An ideal honeymoon hideaway, Dairy
Cottage is a typical traditional, picture-book Highland cottage set in a
secluded location on the private Kilninver Estate just 8 miles south of Oban.
The property has one bedroom, a well-equipped kitchen, a bathroom and a sitting
room with TV and wood-burning stove. Guests are free to roam the estate, which
extends to 1,300 acres of varied landscape, including woodland, open hills and
a sea-loch foreshore. There is good fishing in season and water sports and pony
trekking are available nearby. This is also the ideal location from which to
explore the surrounding area. From Fort William to Oban and points in between
there is plenty to do here. Cross the Atlantic Bridge to the island of Seil and
take a boat to Easdale Island, visit the Sea Life Centre at Barcaldine, or the
famous Arduaine Gardens further south. From £290-£398 per week.
Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Dairy Cottage Web Page
Flat, 17 Coe Gardens, Oban, PA34 4JT. STB 4 Star Self Catering. With
views to the hills and down towards Oban, Katie's Flat is a highly appointed
one bedroom apartment in an ideal location close to all amenities. This light
and airy property comprises a fully fitted kitchen with all modern appliances
and a breakfast bar, a spacious lounge with comfortable sofas, a feature
fireplace, Freesat TV, a DVD player and a CD player with a selection of DVDs,
games and books, one double bedded room with an alarm clock/CD player,
hairdryer, electric blanket, Freeview TV and DVD player and an en-suite
bathroom with a shower over the bath. White Company robes and Mason and Miller
toiletries are provided. There is a patio to the front of the apartment and a
decking area with garden furniture. Private parking is available adjacent to
Katie's flat. Open all year. Rates from £300-£450 per week and
£60-£75 per night. Includes all linen and electricity, plus free
Wi-Fi. Contact: Catriona Reid. Tel: 01631 562272.
Kilmun, (Avich Lodge),
Lochavich, Taynuilt, Argyll, PA35 1HJ. With stunning views over Loch
Avich and the surrounding hills, Kilmun is a beautifully constructed Norwegian
pine lodge located in a peaceful glen and offering accommodation of exceptional
quality for up to 4 guests. The area is rich in wildlife and there's a great
choice of paths and tracks for walking and cycling nearby. Although secluded,
there are local pubs and restaurants within 20 minutes drive and plenty of
shops in Oban, 21 miles away. The lodge is comfortable, warm and
well-maintained with a fully equipped kitchen, a separate lounge/dining room
with new dining furniture, luxury leather sofas, TV with Sky Freeview and DVD
player, one double bedroom, one twin bedroom and a family bathroom. All rooms
are wheelchair accessible and entry to external doors is by ramp. French doors
open from the lounge onto a large, south-facing patio. There is ample parking.
Open all year. Rates from £310-£495 per week, including all
electricity, bed linen and towels. Short breaks available outside peak season.
No smoking and sorry, no pets. Contact Craig or Jill Haxton. Tel: 01866
E-mail: via our online form
Kinlochlaich House Apartments and Cottages, Appin, By Oban, PA38
4BD. STB 3 & 4 Star Self Catering. Close to the sea and with views
to the mountains, Kinlochlaich House is a listed building of the 17th and 18th
centuries set in its own beautiful gardens on the south facing slopes of the
Appin hills. There are three self catering apartments within the main house, a
traditional cottage and a unique octagonal eco Tree House. The properties sleep
from 2 to 4 people and are comfortable and warm for use all year round. Short
breaks are available in Spring, Autumn and Winter. The grounds of Kinlochlaich
House include a fine walled garden and vegetable garden. There is a tennis
court and table tennis pavilion and there are racquets and bats for guest use.
Free WiFi. Lovely walks and cycling directly from the house. Excellent
restaurants in the village. Rates from £225-£660 per week including
electricity, oil and wood where appropriate. Bedlinen and towels can be
provided for a small extra charge. Contact: Donald and Susie Hutchison. Tel:
Lagnakeil Lodges, Lerags, Oban,
Argyll PA34 4SE.
Close to sea loch 'Feochan' on Scotland's west coast, Lagnakeil Lodges offer a truly
unique and unrivalled location for a self-catering holiday near Oban. The lodges are
set in the hillside above Lerags Glen and dotted throughout seven acres of scenic
woodland. Lagnakeil offers a choice of seventeen self catering lodges, in four different
styles. The smallest, Poplar, is just for 2, Beech Lodges sleep 3, Ash 4 and Conifer
Lodges, the largest, sleep 6. Every lodge is self contained and includes a fitted kitchen
with a good standard of equipment, a spacious living and dining area with doors opening
out onto a veranda or patio, comfortable beds and a bathroom with a full range of facilities,
including a shower above the bath. All lodge bedrooms are pine panelled and linen and
towels are provided. WiFi is included. Open all year. Full weeks and short breaks available.
Rates from £425 per week. Contact Paul and Lauren Thomson Tel: +44 (0)1631 562746.
Kilmelford, Oban, PA34 4XD. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Close to the shores of Loch
Melfort, Near Oban, Melfort Village comprises 32 highly appointed cottages in a range of
styles and sizes with from 1 to 3 bedrooms. Offered on a self catering basis, properties
sleep from 1 to 10 guests and can be booked by the week or for short breaks of 3 nights
or more depending on the season. Melfort was first created as a holiday ownership village
in the 1980s, from the ruins of a "gunpowder village" and farm buildings, and
transformed into beautifully appointed luxury holiday cottages. There is a restaurant,
excellent on-site leisure facilities including heated indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and
beauty rooms, tennis courts, gym, snooker, fishing, bike hire, a playpark and playroom
as well as well kept gardens and grounds for guests to enjoy. Pets are welcome. Open all
year. For prices, availability and bookings, visit the Melfort Village website linked below,
email us or Tel: 01852 200257.
The Old House, Arichastlich, Glen Orchy, PA33 1BD. In
Glen Orchy, one of Scotland's most beautiful glens, The Old House lies in
splendid isolation on a quiet single track road in an area with no light
pollution. A former fishing lodge of the Earl of Breadalbane, this traditional
stone built property dates from the 1800s and has been lovingly restored and
updated to provide all the comforts of 21st Century living. The accommodation
is spacious and well-equipped and comprises an extra-large farmhouse kitchen
opening onto a spacious living area with feature fireplace, a separate laundry,
three bedrooms, including a master double with 4 poster bed and en-suite
bath/shower room and two twin rooms, plus a further bathroom and shower room.
The Old House sits in its own walled garden in a further 7 acres of surrounding
land. Open all year. Rates from £550 for 2 people, plus £75 for
each additional guest. Includes free WiFi. Pets welcome by prior arrangement
and for a small additional charge. This is a no smoking house. Contact: John
and Erica Kerr. Tel: +44(0) 1838 200 399.
E-mail: via our online form
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- 2 Cawdor Terrace Albany Street, Oban, PA34 4NG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 2 Duncraggan Apartments Duncraggan Road, Oban, PA34 5DU.
- 3 Albany Apartments Oban, PA34 4AL. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 3 Oban Times Building Oban, PA34 5PX. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- 7 Tramway 7 Tramway Cottages, Ellenabeich, Isle of Seil PA34 4RQ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- 15 Albany Apartments Oban, PA34 4AL. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Achaleven Byre Achaleven House, Connel, Oban, PA37 1PF.
- Achnasmeorach House Kilchrenan, Taynuilt, PA35 1HF.
- Airds Cottage Taynuilt, PA35 1JW. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- An Lionadh Easdale Island, Oban, PA34 4TB.
- An Rubha 59 Easdale Island, Oban, PA34 4TB.
- Appin Holiday Homes Appin, PA38 4BQ. STB 3 Star Self Catering and 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Ardabhaigh Loch Awe.
- Ardara Holiday Cottage Clachan, Seil, Oban, PA34 4TL.
- Ardchoille Garden View Ceum Dhun Righ, Benderloch, PA37 1ST. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ardfern Motorhome Park Barrfada Farm, Ardfern, PA31 8QN.
- Ardfern Tipis High Corranbeg, Ardfern, PA31 8QN.
- Ardoran Marine Lerags, By Oban.
- Ardshellach Ailand, North Connel, PA37 1QX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Arnott's House Isle of Eriska, Benderloch, PA37 1SD. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Atlantic Bay Cottage Easdale, By Oban, PA34 4RF.
- Ballimore Kilchrenan, Taynuilt, PA35 1HD. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Bays and Bens Holidays Taigh a Bhalachain, Airds Bay, Taynuilt, PA35 1JR.
- Blaran Cottage Kilninver, By Oban. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Boatmans Cottage Inverinan, Taynuilt, PA35 1HH.
- Bonawe House Taynuilt, By Oban, PA35 1JQ. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Clan Cottages Dalnabreac, Oban, PA34 4XU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Cnocaruan Connel, Oban, PA37 1PH.
- Collaig Byre Kilchrenan, Nr Taynuilt, PA35 1HG. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Comraich Cottage Ardbrecknish House, Dalmally, PA33 1BH. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- Cosy Cottage 14 Forestry Cottages, Dalmally, Oban, PA33 1BP.
- Craig Lora Cottage Stronmilchan, Dalmally. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Craobh Haven Cottages Craobh Haven. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Creel Cottage 10 Kilbrandon Cottages, Balvicar, Isle of Seil, By Oban, PA34 4RA.
- Creran Chalets Barcaldine Home Farm, Barcaldine, PA37 1SG. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Dalavich Holiday Log Cabins Dalavich, Taynuilt, Oban, PA35 1HN.
- Dalriada Lodge Ardbrecknish, Dalmally, PA33 1BH. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Druimdarroch Dalavich, By Taynuilt, PA35 1HL. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- East Kames Holiday House Kilmelford, By Oban, PA34 4XA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Fearnach Bay House Kilmelford, Oban, PA34 4XD. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Garden Cottage Ulva Villa, Soroba Road, Oban, PA34 4JF. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Glen Cottage Flat Glen Cottage, Oban, PA34 5JU. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- The Haven Isle of Seil, By Oban, PA34 4TN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Innish Self Catering Accommodation Clachan Bridge, Isle of Seil, PA34 4QZ.
- Insh Cottage 17 Ellenabeich, Isle of Seil, Oban, PA34 4RQ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Isle of Shuna Cottages Isle of Shuna, Oban, PA34 4RF.
- Kilmun (Avich Lodge) Lochavich, Taynuilt, PA35 1HJ.
- Kings Arms Holiday Apartments 103 George Street, Oban, PA34 4NT. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Lagnaha Duror, Appin, PA38 4BS. STB 3 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Lerigoligan Ardfern, PA31 8QN. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Linnhe Croft Holiday Cottages Matheson Croft, Port Appin, PA38 4DE. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Lizzy's Cottage 49 Easdale Island, Oban, PA34 4TB.
- Loch Awe Cabins Dalavich, By Taynuilt, PA35 1HN.
- Loch Awe Log Cabins Dalavich, Taynuilt, PA35 1HN.
- Lunga Estate Lunga, Craobh Haven, PA31 8QR.
- MacKay Self Catering 9 Kniploch Place, Oban, PA34 4ED. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Oakbank Cottage Kilchrenan, PA35 1HD. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Oban Caravan & Camping Park Gallanachmore Farm, Gallanach Road, Oban, PA34 4QH. STB 3 Star Holiday Park.
- Oban Marina Cottages Ardentrive Bay, Isle of Kerrera, Oban, PA34 4SX.
- Oban Seil Steadings Isle of Seil, Oban, PA34 4TN.
- Scammadale Farm Kilninver, Oban, Argyll, PA34 4UU. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Seabank Farmhouse Benderloch, PA37 1SB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Seafield Cottage Benderloch, PA37 1SA.
- Seil Chalet Holidays Balvicar Chalets, Balvicar, Isle of Seil, PA34 4TE.
- Self Catering Oban Croft Road, Oban, PA34 5JN.
- Sithean Bunanta, Barguillean, Taynuilt, PA35 1HY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- St Conan's Tower Lochawe, Dalmally, PA33 1AH.
- The Steadings Self Catering Holiday Cottage. No.3, Tayvallich. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Sunnybrae Caravan Park South Cuan, Isle of Luing, Near Oban, PA34 4TU. STB 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Tigh An Daraich Bridge of Awe, PA35 1HR. STB 4-5 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Tin Church Self Catering Isle of Seil, Oban, PA34 4RD.
- Torsa Island House Sunnybrae, South Cuan, Oban, PA34 4TU.
- Tramway Cottages 34 Ellenbeich, Easdale, By Oban, PA34 4RQ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ulva Villa Cottage Soroba Road, Oban, PA34 4JF. STB 3 Star Self Catering.