Eating & Drinking
- 56 North Bar and Kitchen A destination bar that prides
itself on good food and drink. 2-8 West Crosscauseway, Edinburgh, EH8 9JP.
Restaurant Awarded 1 AA Rosette. Fish and Seafood Restaurant. Apex City
Hotel, 61 Grassmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2JF.
- L'Alba D'Oro Edinburgh's most famous Fish and Chip shop. 5
Henderson Row, Edinburgh, EH3 5DH.
- Amber Restaurant Traditional Scottish restaurant. Scotch
Whisky Experience, 354 Castlehill, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh, EH1 2NE
the Wall Vibrant and individual eating, drinking and entertainment venue.
14 Melville Street, Falkirk, FK1 1HZ.
- Bonsai Japanese
Bar Bistro. 46 West Richmond Street, Edinburgh.
Inn Award winning a la carte restaurant and the more informal "Pop Inn"
lounge. 27 Baird Road, Ratho, EH28 8RA.
- Britannia Spice Critically-acclaimed restaurant serving
Indian, Bangladeshi, Nepali and Thai cuisines. 150 Commercial Street,
Edinburgh, EH6 6LB.
- Browns Restaurant & Bar Seasonal Scottish specialities
are featured as well as the Browns menu. 131-133 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2
- The Buffalo Grill 14 Chapel Street, Edinburgh EH8 9AY &
1 Raeburn Place Edinburgh, EH4 1HU.
- Cafe Andaluz Bringing a little bit of Spain to George
Street. 77b George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3EE.
- Cafe Grande A Café/Bar/Restaurant open all hours and
suiting all walks of life. 184 Bruntsfield Place, Edinburgh, EH10 4DF.
- Le Cafe Saint-Honore Reflects the relationship between
Scotland and France of the "Auld Alliance". 34 North West Thistle Street Lane,
Edinburgh, EH2 1EA.
Cambridge Bar A stylish pub situated in the heart of the bustling city
centre. 20 Young Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4JB.
Inn Awarded 2 AA Rosettes. The finest Scottish beef, lamb and seafood.
Champany, Linlithgow, EH49 7LU.
- Chop Chop Authentic Chinese restaurant serving the food
they love in China. 248 morrison street, Haymarket, Edinburgh, EH3 8DT
- The Conan Doyle A traditional pub with an eclectic range of
real ales and quality pub food. 71-73 York Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3JD.
- Craigleith Restaurant Freshest and finest ingredients.
Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa, Cromwell Road, North Berwick, EH39 4LZ.
- Creel Restaurant
Simple locally sourced food turned into modern classics. 25 Lamer Street, The
Cumberland Bar Traditional, elegant and with the atmosphere of a real
local. 1-3 Cumberland Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6RT.
- David Bann Licensed Vegetarian Restaurant in Edinburgh.
56-58 St Mary's Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1SX.
- The Dome A first choice venue to meet friends and
colleagues. 14 George Street, Edinburgh, EH12 2PF.
- Dusit Thai Restaurant The best Scottish produce and
imported spices from Thailand. 49a Thistle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1DY.
- Ecco Vino
Selection of antipasti from a traditional Italian menu. 19 Cockburn Street,
Edinburgh, EH1 1BP.
- Elephant House One of the best tea and coffee houses in
Edinburgh. 21 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EN.
- La Favorita Aims to be "the best pizzeria in Britain".
325-331 Leith Walk, Edinburgh, EH6 8SA.
- First Coast A quality neighbourhood bistro for the West of
Edinburgh. 99-101 Dalry Road, Edinburgh, EH11 2AB.
- Fishers Bistro Seafood staples studded with original
dishes. 1 The Shore, Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 6QW.
- Fishers in the City Offering a range of seafood, game and
poultry. 58 Thistle Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1EN.
- Frankenstein Pub Fresh homemade food made from the best
quality ingredients. 26 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EN.
- La Garrigue A cross between an up-market restaurant and a
French bistro. 31 Jeffrey Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1DH.
- Giuliano's Excellent food, fine wine and the friendliest
Italian atmosphere. 18 Union Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3NQ.
- Goblin Ha' @ Gifford Extensive, contemporary menu. Good
food and value in a great setting. Main Street, Gifford EH41 4QH.
- The Grain Store Providing the very best of Scottish
Produce. 30 Victoria Street, Edinburgh, EH1 2JW.
- The Guildford Arms Superb traditional pub with lunch and
dinner menus. 1-5 West Register Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2AA.
- Guru Balti Restaurant One of Edinburgh's finest authentic
Indian restaurants. 9 Dundee Terrace, Edinburgh, EH11 1DL.
- Hadrian's Awarded 1 AA Rosette. The Balmoral's chic and
stylish brasserie. The Balmoral Hotel, 1 Princes Street, Edinburgh, EH2
- Hanedan A taste of Turkey in Edinburgh. 41 West Preston
Street, Edinburgh, EH8 9PY.
- Howie's Excellent local produce served at an affordable
price. Four restaurants in Edinburgh.
- Indian Cavalry Club Awarded 1 AA Rosette. Indian restaurant
with range of individual dining spaces. 22 Coates Crescent, Edinburgh, EH3
- Indian Flavour Takeaway offering online booking and local
home delivery service. 47 Ferry Road, Newhaven, Edinburgh, EH6 4AH.
- Kalpna Serving high quality Indian vegetarian food for a
quarter of a century. 2-3 St Patricks Square, Edinburgh, EH8 9EZ.
- Katies Diner One of the most beautiful views in the capital
and Katie's home cooking. 12 Barclay Terrace, Edinburgh, EH10 4HP.
- Kebab Mahal Specialising in halal traditional tandoori and
curry dishes. 7 Nicolson Square, Edinburgh, EH8 9BH.
- Khublai Khans The style of cooking favoured by 13th century
Mongolian warriors. 43 Assembly Street, Edinburgh.
- The Kitchin Awarded 1 Michelin Star & 3 AA Rosettes.
Keeps the food in focus. 78 Commercial Quay, Edinburgh, EH6 6LX.
Livingston's Restaurant Awarded 2 AA Rosettes. An emphasis
on Scottish produce. 52 High Street, Linlithgow, EH49 7AE.
- Loch Fyne Seafood restaurant overlooking Newhaven Harbour.
25 Pier Place, Leith, Edinburgh.
- Maison Bleue French, North African and traditional Scottish
cuisine using cooking skills from each. 36/38 Victoria Street, Edinburgh, EH1
- Mamma's Traditional American pizza and panzerotti in
Grassmarket. 30 Grassmarket, Edinburgh.
- Merchants Restaurant Classic Scottish fare presented with
flair and imagination. 17 Merchant Street, (off Candlemaker Row), Edinburgh,
- Le Monde Cosmopolitan menus with a mix of Scottish and
international cuisine. 16 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PF.
- Monster Mash A
British "retro" Café offering "top nosh at half the cost". 4a Forrest
Road, Edinburgh, EH1 2QN.
- The Mussel Inn Mouth-watering seafood, simply prepared from
the very finest natural ingredients. 61 Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2HN.
- Mussel & Steak
Bar Excellent in Scottish shellfish and Scottish farm assured beef. 110
West Bow, Edinburgh, EH1 2HH.
- Mya Brings together the exciting flavours of Thailand and
North India under one roof. 92 Commercial Street, Edinburgh, EH6 6LX.
- Namaste Kathmandu A taste of Royal Indian and Nepalese
Cuisine. 17-19 Forrest Road, Edinburgh, EH1 2QH.
- Nether Abbey Hotel Seasonal produce, locally sourced. 20
Dirleton Avenue, North Berwick, EH39 4BH.
- North Bridge Brasserie & Bar Awarded 1 AA Rosette.
Modern Scottish cuisine with season menus. Balmoral Hotel, 20 North Bridge,
Edinburgh, EH1 1YT.
- Number One Awarded 1 Michelin Star & 3 AA Rosettes.
World class cuisine using the very best of Scottish produce. 1 Princes Street,
Edinburgh, EH2 2EQ.
Club House Freshly prepared food of the highest quality. East Links Road,
Gullane, EH31 2AF.
Bar Famous from Ian Rankin's "Rebus" novels. 8 Young Street, Edinburgh, EH2
Park Bistro Diverse Scottish/international menu. Open 7 days. Award winning
disabled facilities, outstanding views. The Park Farm, Linlithgow, EH49
- Petit Paris A true French ambience in relaxing
surroundings. 38/40 Grassmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2JU.
- Plumed Horse Awarded 1 Michelin Star & 3 AA Rosettes. A
restaurant with an ever-growing reputation. 50-54 Henderson Street, Leith,
Edinburgh EH6 6DE.
- La Potinière Awarded 2 AA Rosettes. 34 Main Street,
Gullane, EH31 2AA.
- La P'tite Folie Delicious traditional French cuisine. 9
Randolph Place, Edinburgh, EH3 7TE.
- The Quay A wide variety of freshly cooked food. Fisherrow
Harbour, 131 New Street, Musselburgh, EH21 6DH.
- Queen's Spice Quality indian food in a relaxed and friendly
atmosphere. 1 High Street, South Queensferry, Edinburgh, EH30 9PP.
- Raj on the Shore Fine dining from the best and latest
Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. 85-91 Henderson Street, Leith, Edinburgh, EH6
- Restaurant Martin Wishart Awarded 1 Michelin Star & 4
AA Rosettes. Eat Scotland Gold Award. 54 The Shore, Edinburgh, EH6 6RA.
- Rick's Scottish themed contemporary menu uses only the best
produce. 55a Frederick Street, Edinburgh, EH2 1HL.
The Sheep Heid Inn Edinburgh's oldest surviving watering
hole. 43-45 The Causeway, Edinburgh, EH15 3QA.
- Smoke Stack Good quality but unpretentious food in stylish
surroundings. 53-55 Broughton Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3RJ.
The Stable Bar Country Bar & Restaurant. Mortonhall
Park, 30 Frogston Road East, Edinburgh, EH16 6TJ.
- Stac Polly Awarded 1 AA Rosette. Scottish restaurant. 8-10
Grindlay Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9AS.
Restaurant Awarded 1 AA Rosette. Fresh seasonal produce, locally sourced.
54 St Stephen Street, Edinburgh, EH3 5AL.
- La Tasca Speciality tapas restaurant bringing an authentic
taste of Spain to Edinburgh. Leith Street, Edinburgh, EH1 3AA.
- Thai Orchid One of the best loved Thai restaurants in
Edinburgh. 5a Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2PW.
- Tigerlily A series of flexible dining and drinking spaces,
each with their own character. 125 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4JN.
- Tower Restaurant Awarded 1 AA Rosette. Stunning rooftop
restaurant of the Museum of Scotland. Chambers Street, Edinburgh,EH1 1JF.
- Under the Stairs Seasonally inspired award winning
cocktails and locally sourced food. 3a Merchant Street, Edinburgh, EH1 2QD
- Urban Angel Providing hungry city dwellers with the
freshest, tastiest food possible. 121 Hanover St, Edinburgh, EH2 1DJ.
- Vittoria Italian Restaurants. 113 Brunswick Street,
Edinburgh EH7 5HR & 19 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EN.
- Viva Mexico The true taste of Mexico in Edinburgh. 41
Cockburn Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1BS.
- Voujon All the
flavour, colour and aroma of Bangladesh and Northern India. 107 Newington Road,
Edinburgh, EH9 1QW.
- The Vu Fine food using locally sourced fresh produce.
Ballencrieff Estates, Bathgate, EH48 4LD.
- Wedgwood, The Restaurant Locally sourced produce cooked in
a creative and international style. 267 Canongate, Royal Mile, Edinburgh, EH8
- Wildfire Scottish steak and seafood at its best. 192 Rose
Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4AZ .
- The Witchery Awarded 1 AA Rosette. Castlehill, Royal Mile,
Edinburgh, EH1 2NF.
- Zucca Cafe &
Restaurant The freshest and finest Italian food at a reasonable price.
15-17 Grindlay Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9AX.
- Zulu Lounge A warm South African welcome infused with
delicious home-made food. 366 Morningside Road, Edinburgh, EH10 4QN.