Ardoch Lodge, Strathyre, FK18 8NF. In 12 acres of
grounds, surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery in the Loch Lomond and
Trossachs National Park, Ardoch Lodge provides a peaceful and tranquil setting
for our two log cabins and cottage. Wonderful wildlife surrounds the
properties, including red squirrels and lots of birds and, whatever the
weather, there is much to see and do in the local area with plenty of walking
straight from the door, plus an adjacent cycle track. Its central location also
makes Ardoch Lodge an ideal base for touring. Each property sleeps up to 4
guests in 2 bedrooms and has an open-plan living area and a family bathroom.
Dogs are welcome. Rates from £360 to £585 per week. Short breaks
available. Contact Yvonne and John Howes. Tel: 01877 384666.
Auchenlaich Farmhouse B&B,
Near Callander & The Lodge Self Catering, Callander. Offering 4 Star B&B with
optional dinner, Auchenlaich Farmhouse is located at the eastern gateway to The Loch Lomond &
Trossachs National Park, set against the ever changing backdrop of Ben Ledi. Suitable for couples,
singles and small groups, a variety of room sizes is available, all with their own tea and coffee
making facilities, TV, comfortable beds and free WiFi. Public rooms include a conservatory dining
room with lovely country views and comfy lounge. Newly available is The Lodge, a charming detached
property sleeping up to 4 guests, with parking and a large private garden surrounded on three sides
by woodland. The well appointed accommodation includes one kingsize double room and one twin, plus
all modern amenities, including WiFi. Open all year. B&B S from £60; D/T from £65; Family (2
adults and 2 children) from £100. All rates are per room per night and include breakfast. Self
Catering in The Lodge is from £100 per night for 2 guests and from £120 for 4. Discounted rates
available for 3 nights or more at both properties. Contact us for more details. Tel: 01877 331683.
Ballat Smithy Cottage, Ballat
Smithy, Balfron Station, G63 0SE. Situated on the threshold of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National
Park and with lovely views of the Campsie Fells, Ballat Smithy Cottage is a charming property which was built
around 1790 by the Duke of Montrose for his Buchanan estates. With plenty to see and do in the area, both on
the doorstep and further afield, you'll find this a great base for touring. Accommodation at Ballat Smithy
Cottage comprises a sitting/dining room and kitchen, a family bathroom with electric shower and two bedrooms
which can be offered either as doubles or twins. Outside there is a pretty garden, private parking and storage
for bikes. Open all year. Visit our website to view prices and availability and to book online. Price includes
all heating, electricity, linen and towels plus kitchen essentials and a selection of Scottish produce. Short
breaks are often available. Please note: the cottage is strictly no smoking and we cannot accept pets. Contact:
Anne Currie. Tel: 0044 (0) 1360 440 269/ 0044 (0) 7904 556 716.
Briar Cottages, Lochearnhead, FK19 8PU.
Looking for a holiday with, a garden on a loch, ever changing mountain views, an abundance of
wildlife and the opportunity to get out on the water or take to the hills? Then Briar Cottages
is the place for you. Great for couples and families. Pet friendly too. Briar Steading is a
luxury two bedroom cottage which offers spacious open plan living with king and twin en-suite
bedrooms. Little Briar welcomes both you and your pet, with plenty of outside space and good
walks right from the door. Both properties face south over Loch Earn and share use of a summer
house and outdoor games. Fish from the garden and jetty, in the trout season. This is a great
place to just sit back and relax, but if you want to venture further afield the cities of Glasgow
and Edinburgh can each be visited in a day and there are a whole host of attractions in the local
area. There are two hotels within a 200m stroll. Open all year. Full weeks and short breaks
available starting on any day of the week to suit your holiday. Ask to see the original cruck
ceiling inside the owners 17th century thatched cottage. Visit the website for up to date rates
and availability. Contact Kim and Fraser Proven. Tel: 01567 830443. Mobile: 07917 416497.
Greenacres, Balquhidder, FK19 8NZ. Showcasing a variety of self catering holiday
cottages throughout the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park and rural Perthshire,
Cooper Cottages offer a range of properties from those suitable for couples, through
to large holiday houses for families and groups. Choose a magnificent boathouse in a
lochside location, a delightful old school house with stunning views over Loch Earn, a spacious
bungalow 3 minutes walk from the centre of Callander, a 200 year old cottage, fully
modernised and extended to sleep six guests, in 1.26 acres of grounds, a dog friendly property with
a large fenced garden, or a large modern house featuring a games room with table-tennis and home
cinema suitable for a larger group. Whether you want an active break - with walking, climbing, cycling,
skiing or fishing on the agenda - or a relaxing holiday with friends and family, you're
sure to find a property to fit the bill. Open all year. Tel: 01877 384331.
The Garden Studio, Mackeanston House, Doune, By Stirling, FK16
6AX. The Garden Studio is a rural romantic hideaway just for two.
Set in the orchard within the old walled garden at
Mackeanston House B&B, it has views over the surrounding farmland and the Gargunnock
Hills and is close to Stirling and the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park.
The beautifully appointed accommodation is all at ground floor level and comprises a
spacious open plan living room with separate kitchen, dining, lounge and bedroom areas
plus a bathroom with a large shower cubicle. French doors lead out onto a deck with seating.
The Garden Studio is suitable for guests with mobility issues, though use of a car is
essential. Wifi is included and guests are welcome to use the outdoor tennis court at
Mackeanston House. Rates from £385 per week. Short breaks (minimum 3 nights) all year
from £195. Contact Colin and Fiona Graham. Tel: 01786 850213. Mobile: 07921 143018.
Lomond Waterfront Lodges, Main Road, Balmaha, G63 0JQ. STB 5 Star Self
Catering. Set in the heart of the National Park surrounded by beautiful scenery
the Loch Lomond Waterfront Lodges all enjoy views of Loch Lomond and exclusive
access to the waterside. Each lodge can accommodate up to 6 guests in comfort
and includes a fully equipped fitted kitchen, a spacious living room with an
extra-comfort double sofa bed, two en-suite double or twin bedrooms with
balconies and a separate shower/steam room. Multi channel flat screen TV and
DVD systems are provided and there is broadband internet access. Outside, each
lodge has a private patio and garden area. Fishing, boating and bike hire can
be arranged for you. Excellent walks can also be enjoyed from your lodge.
Leisure facilities nearby. Open all year. Rates from £842-£1600 per
week fully inclusive. Short breaks available. Contact: Suzanne or Charles
Cottam. Tel: 01360 870144. Fax: 01360 870145.
Lomond View Cottage,
9 Balleich, Manse Road, Aberfoyle, FK8 3XF. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
This fully modernised semi-detached cottage is on the outskirts of Aberfoyle in
the heart of The Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park. Lomond View Cottage
overlooks Ben Lomond to the north and enjoys an idyllic and peaceful location
off a quiet forest road. Set in its own secure garden which is ideal for both
children and pets, this charming property offers highly appointed accommodation
for up to 4 guests in two bedrooms, a ground floor twin room and a double
upstairs. The cottage is in a perfect location for walking and cycling with 500
kilometres of tracks and paths, quite literally, on your doorstep. Aberfoyle
village, just a short 10 minute stroll away, has a range of amenities including
shops, bars and restaurants. Open all year. Rates from £300-£550
per week. Short breaks available in low season (3 nights minimum stay) from
£65 per night. Rates include all electricity, gas, towels, linen and free
WiFi. Contact: Pauline Alexander. Tel: +44 (0)1877 382 427.
Morenish Mews, By Killin, FK21 8TX.
VisitScotland 4 Star Self Catering. Green Tourism Gold. Situated in a south-facing wooded
hollow with stunning views across Loch Tay to the hills of Highland Perthshire, Morenish
Mews is ideal for couples or individuals. The accommodation comprises two apartments in
a modern timber cottage, set in the garden grounds, and the 170-year old Coach House apartment,
annexed to the main house. The cottage apartments contain a fully-fitted galley kitchen, a
lounge, one bedroom with a king-size double bed and a bathroom with bath/shower. Outside,
each has a covered balcony with garden furniture for al fresco dining. The Coach House
apartment has a large sitting room, a separate fully-fitted kitchen and one double bedroom
with en-suite bathroom. Morenish Mews is perfect for outdoor activities including walking,
bird watching, angling and golf. You'll find the summits of more than 35 hills over 3000
feet within a 20 mile radius, great fishing and a host of sightseeing possibilities. The
picturesque village of Killin, which has several fine restaurants, and the famous Falls
of Dochart lie 3 miles away. Open all year. Rates from £270-£430 per week include all
heating, electricity, bed linen and towels, plus free WiFi. We also have a small fishing
boat available for hire by guests who wish to trout fish on Loch Tay. Tel: +44 (0) 1567
Milngavie, Glasgow, G62 8AJ. This substantial 6 bedroom villa can sleep up to 20 guests,
is located in its own private garden grounds and benefits from views over open countryside. The
beautifully designed accommodation is on two levels, featuring contemporary décor and wooden floors.
The well fitted kitchen has an open-vaulted cathedral ceiling. The wonderfully bright and spacious
reception room has separate areas for both dining and relaxing, and French windows providing access
to the decked terrace and 1.5 acre mature garden. Pleasant Hill also comprises a reception hall,
sitting room, a computer/study area, six bedrooms, including three quadruples, two doubles and a
twin bedroom, a double-basin bathroom, shower / bathroom and additional WC/WHB/cloakroom along with
a separate utility room with washing facilities. Open all year and popular for larger gatherings,
especially reunions or celebration events. With highly positive reviews, the hosts have been
recognised with Certificates of Excellence and SuperHost awards. Offered at £275 per night with
discounts for longer stay reservations. Should guests wish, meals can be prepared by trained cooks.
Sorry, but no smoking or pets. Contact Chris Campbell Tel: 07710 555576.
Tigh Mor, West Drip Farm Holiday Accommodation,
Stirling, FK9 4UJ. 5 Star reviews on TripAdvisor. Tigh Mor is a large house sleeping 8 although
a camp bed and cot can be added if required.
Tigh Mor has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms,
a utility room and a very spacious open plan living, kitchen, dining area with a Morso woodburning
fire and French doors opening onto the private patio. It is wheelchair accessible with the main
bathroom suitable for disabled users. Tigh Mor has panoramic views overlooking the owners farm
land to the hills and mountains all around. Situated in Blairdrummond, a quiet country area
just a few miles North West of the historic City of Stirling. It is the ideal location with great
road links for touring Central Scotland and beyond, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth and Loch Lomond are
all under an hour by car, Stirling is just 10 minutes away and Blairdrummond Safari and Adventure
Park 2 mins away! Guests never run out of things to see and do. Short breaks from £500, full weeks
from £890. Contact Eleanor Graham. Tel: 01786 472523.
E-mail: via our online form
Cottage, Wester Lix, Killin, FK21 8RD. Set in a rural location in Glen
Dochart, close to the village of Killin, Wildgrass Cottage nestles within the
Perthshire Hills in the Loch Lomond National Park. An ideal base for touring,
within easy reach of nearby villages and local amenities, Wester Lix is only an
hour and a half from Edinburgh and Glasgow airports. This charming property
offers traditional accommodation for families, small groups or couples. The
well appointed accommodation comprises a large fitted kitchen/dining room with
extended worktops arranged around the large farmhouse-style dining table, a
spacious lounge with 2 sofas, a woodburning stove and patio doors leading to a
decking area which overlooks a private loch, two double/twin bedrooms upstairs,
both with en-suite bath/shower rooms, plus a separate sauna downstairs suitable
for 2-4 adults and with a dedicated shower. Open all year. Rates from
£495-£725 per week. Short breaks available in low season from
£200 for 2 nights. Well behaved dogs welcome. Contact: Gill and Dave
Hunt. Tel: +44 (0) 1567 820 990.
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- No.1 Stanley House 117 Henderson Street, Bridge of Allan, FK9 4HH.
- 2 Clifton Cottages Clifton, Tyndrum, FK20 8SA.
- 4 Balvaig Cottage Creagan, Strathyre, FK18 8ND.
- Acharn Courtyard Cottages Acharn House, Killin, FK21 8RA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Acorn Cottage By Glendaruel, Lochard Road, Aberfoyle FK8 3SZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Alexander Court University of Stirling, Stirling, FK9 4NH.
- Altskeith Country House Loch Ard Road, Kinlochard, Aberfoyle, FK8 3TL.
- Alva Apartment 92 Stirling Street, Alva, FK12 5EA.
- An Tigh Beag Glen Lochy, Tyndrum, FK20 8SB.
- Arnbeg Cottage Kippen, Stirling, FK8 3EW.
- Arndean Cottages Blairingone, Dollar, FK14 7NT. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Arran Lodge Leny Road, Callander, FK17 8AJ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Auchmore Apartments 5 Auchmore, Killin, FK21 8ST.
- Balquharn Holiday Cottages Balquharn Farm, Alva, FK12 5NZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Balvaig Cottage 4 Balvaig Cottages, Strathyre, FK18 8ND.
- Benview Holiday Lodges Ward Toll Nursery, Balfron Station, G63 0QY. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Boll Holiday Cottages Brook Street, Alva, FK12 5AW. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Bousd Holiday Cottage Leny Feus, Callander, FK17 8AS.
- Braeside 5 Main Street, Drymen, G63 0BP.
- Braeval Main Street, Gartmore, Aberfoyle, FK8 3RW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Brenachoil View Loch Katrine, Aberfoyle, FK17 8JA.
- Bridge Park Cottage Glen Lochay, Killin, FK21 8TT.
- Burnbrae Cottage 6 Clifton, Tyndrum, FK20 8RU.
- Burnside House 10 Grierson Drive, Deanston, Doune, FK16 6BA.
- Cardross Holiday Homes Port of Menteith, FK8 3JY. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Christina Apartments 23 Old Brewery Lane, Alloa, FK10 3GL.
- Cnoc Famh Cottage Balquhidder, FK19 8PB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- The Coach House Cowden Farm, Chalmerston Road, Stirling, FK9 4AF.
- The Coach House Little Carbeth Estate, Killearn, G63 9QB.
- The Courtyard 1b Gladstone Place, Stirling, FK8 2NN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Craighead Howf Craighead Farm, Braco, Dunblane, FK15 9LP.
- Creag Darach Cottage Lochard Road, Aberfoyle, FK8 3TD.
- Cruachan Farm Caravan and Camping Park Cruachan, Killin, FK12 8TY. STB 3 Star Holiday Park.
- Culcreuch Castle Woodland Lodges Fintry, Loch Lomond, G63 0LW.
- Dollarbeg Castle Dollarbeg Park, Dollar, FK14 7LF.
- Dubh Loch Cottage Rowardennan, G63 0AW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Duchray Castle Duchray Road, Aberfoyle, FK8 3XL.
- Duke's Cottage Trossachs Road, Aberfoyle, FK8 3UG.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Elmbank Self Catering 10 Stirling Road, Drymen, G63 0BN.
- Forth Cottages Fore Road, Kippen, FK8 3DT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Forth House Lochard Road, Aberfoyle, FK8 3TD. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Frenich Farm Cottages Loch Chon, Aberfoyle, FK8 3TT. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Gillies Cottage 39 Main Street, Cambusbarron, Stirling, FK7 9NN. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Glengarry Lodge Glengarry House, Tyndrum, FK20 8RY. Awaiting STB Inspection.
- The Glengyle MacGregor 1 Glengyle Steading & Bothy, Loch Katrine, Aberfoyle, FK8 3UD.
- Glengyle Steadings Loch Katrine, Aberfoyle, FK8 3UA.
- Hawthorn Cottage West Drip Farm, By Stirling, FK9 4UJ. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Hillhead Farm Lets Hillhead Farm, Pirnhall Road, Bannockburn, Stirling, FK7 8EX.
- The Hoot Lodge Rowardennan Lodge Park, Rowardennan, G63 0AR.
- Hot Tub Hideaways Loch Lomond Lodges and Cabins with Hot Tubs.
- Invertrossachs Country House Invertrossachs, Callander, FK17 8HG.
- Kilbryde Castle Dunblane, FK15 9NF.
- Killin Highland Lodges Killin. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Knockraich Holidays Knockraich Farm, Fintry, G63 0LN.
- Lawford Lodge Bonnybridge, Falkirk, FK4 2HA. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Leny Estate Leny House, Callander, FK17 8HA. STB 4-5 Star Self Catering.
- Little Briar Cottage Briar Cottages, Lochearnhead, FK19 8PU.
- Loaninghead Holidays Self Catering Bothy Loaninghead Farm, Balfron Station, By Drymen, G63 0SE. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Lochdhu Cottage Kinlochard, Aberfoyle, FK8 3TS.
- Lochend Chalets Port of Menteith, FK8 3JZ.
- Loch Lomond Lodge Rowardennan Lodges, Rowardennan, G63 0AR. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Loch Tay Highland Lodges Milton Morenish Estate, Killin, FK21 8TY.
- Lochside Apartment Stronachlachar, Loch Katrine, By Aberfoyle, FK8 3TY.
- Lochside House Stronachlachar, Loch Katrine, By Aberfoyle, FK8 3TY.
- Lochside Cottages Lochearnhead, Perthshire, FK19 8PU. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Lochside Self Catering Muirlaggan, Balquhidder, Lochearnhead, FK19 8PB. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Mains Farm Wigwams Thornhill, FK8 3QR.
- Mid Torrie Farm Callander, FK17 8JL. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Newholme House Newholme, Cambusbarron, Stirling, FK7 9LA.
- Norrieston East Wing Thornhill, Stirling, FK8 3QE. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Offerance Farm Cottage Gartmore, Stirling, FK8 3RZ.
- The Old Schoolhouse Balmaha, Drymen, G63 0JE.
- Old Smiddy Cottage Stronachlachar, By Aberfoyle, FK8 3TY.
- Plane Castle By Airth, FK2 8SF.
- The Roost Balmaha House, Balmaha, G63 0JQ.
- Rowardennan Lodge Cabins Rowardennan, By Drymen, Loch Lomond, G63 0AR. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Royal Garden Apartments 1 Royal Gardens, Stirling, FK8 2RJ.
- Salruth Cottage 32 Paton Street, Alloa, FK10 2DY.
- Sauchenford Cottage By Plean, Stirlng, FK7 8AN.
- Sea Yetts Self Catering The Square, Blackness, EH49 7NG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Shielbrae House Murrayshall Farm, Cambusbarron, Stirling, FK7 9QA.
- Strathendrick House Buchanan Castle Estate, Drymen, G63 0HU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Strathyre Forest Cabins Strathyre. STB Awaiting Inspection.
- Tigh Na Mairi Cottage Burnfoot, Glendevon, Dollar, FK14 7JY. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Trossachs Holiday Park Aberfoyle, FK8 3SA. STB 4 Star Self Catering and 5 Star Holiday Park.
- Trossachs Self Catering Loch Ard Road, Aberfoyle, FK8 3TJ.
- Waterside Cottage Stronachlachar, Loch Katrine, By Aberfoyle, FK8 3TY.
- Wellsfield Farm Holiday Lodges and Health Club Stirling Road, Denny, Nr Stirling, FK6 6QZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- West Drip Farm Stirling, FK9 4UJ. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Wigwam Holidays Strathfillan, Tyndrum, FK20 8RU.
- The Willows Dollarbeg Castle Estate, Dollar, FK14 7LJ.
- XV Albert Place 15 Albert Place, Stirling, FK8 2RE. STB 4 Star Self Catering.