Airdaniar Cottage, Applecross. Situated on the
spectacular Applecross coast in Wester Ross, Airdaniar self
catering cottage is the ideal holiday location for those wishing to relax,
unwind and enjoy the tranquillity and romance of the Western Highlands. The
cottage nestles on a grassy shore above the rocky beach, and is situated in its
own secure grounds. The nearest neighbouring cottage is half a mile away. The
ever changing views over the Inner Sound towards Raasay, Rona and Skye are
breathtaking, as are the sunsets. On clear days, the islands of the Outer
Hebrides can be seen. This traditional, stone built croft cottage, which sleeps
4, has been completely refurbished and offers a high degree of comfort. The
cottage is non-smoking and we are unable to accept pets. Open all year.
Contact: John McKeown. Tel: 01520 744320.
E-mail: [email protected]
Ceomara Highland Cottages, Aird Road, Badachro, Gairloch, IV21
2AB. Located in the picturesque coastal hamlet of Badachro, these two
enchanting self catering cottages provide a perfect base for exploring this
magical area or just to get away from it all. The cottages are semi-detached
and are furnished in a fresh contemporary style. Ideal for a couple, they can
sleep up to 4 guests in one double and one small twin bedded room. The well
equipped kitchen and cosy lounge are open plan and all rooms have truly
exceptional views. The shower room is newly refurbished with a contemporary
suite and heated towel radiator. Outside each cottage is a south facing patio.
Recycling facilities are provided and the cottages use energy saving and
eco-friendly products and have free high speed wireless Internet connection.
Both are non-smoking and provide accommodation for adult guests and older
children only. Dogs are welcome by arrangement. Open all year. Rates are from
£340-£610 per week. See our special offers page for seasonal
discounts. Visit our website for further images and details. Contact: Sue
Watson. Tel: 01445 741295.
E-mail: [email protected]
Cottages & Castles Ltd. Wester Ross is considered
to be one of the most beautiful parts of the Highlands. Cottages & Castles have a huge
variety of cottages, large houses and castles of the highest quality ready for any self
catering holiday. We have properties sleeping from 2-22 guests. This area has some Scotland's
best beaches. On top of that the region hosts some of the prettiest towns and villages,
including Ullapool and Gairloch. With around 75 properties throughout Wester Ross we will
have the perfect
accommodation for your self catering break.
E-mail: holidays[email protected]
WWW: Cottages and Castles Website
Crofthouse at Badachro, Badachro,
Near Gairloch. This substantial, detached house is set in extensive gardens and benefits from
wonderful views out to sea. Close to Gairloch, Crofthouse at Badachro comprises a cosy kitchen with
wood burning stove, a bright and airy dining room with windows to three sides, a separate lounge with
patio doors onto the garden, a utility room and a downstairs double bedroom and shower room. Upstairs
are three further bedrooms. The largest double bedroom (a king-size) has the best of the sea views and
a seating area set up by the window to admire them from. There is also a further, en-suite, king-size bedroom
and a twin room. The garden surrounding the house has rolling grassed lawn areas and views out to the sea
and Longa Island beyond. There is private parking for two or 3 cars at the front of the house. From £
;795-£1495 per week inclusive of WiFi, bed linen, towels and a starter pack of wood for the stove.
Pets welcome by arrangement. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Crofthouse at Badachro Web Page
Dalriada & An Dunan Cottages, Poolewe. Located in the
pretty village of Poolewe, overlooking Loch Ewe, Dalriada & An Dunan
Cottages offer well appointed accommodation in a magnificent setting. Dalriada
sits at the mouth of the River Ewe and enjoys outstanding views. This 3 bedroom
cottage comprises a spacious open plan living room with kitchen, dining and
sitting areas, one double, one twin and one single bedrooms plus a family
bathroom and separate WC. Wooden floors feature throughout. An Dunan is
newly-built and on the shores of Loch Ewe. It enjoys spectacular uninterrupted
views across the Loch to the Gardens at Inverewe and has a secluded lochside
garden. The accommodation is contemporary in style with an open plan living
area with polished oak floors. It also has one double, one twin and one single
bedrooms plus a family bathroom and separate WC. Open all year. Weekly rates
are from £350 in low season and from £600 in high season. Contact:
Mrs Marie Macrae. Tel: 01445 712292.
E-mail: [email protected]
Drumchork Farmhouse, Aultbea, IV22 2HU. Built in 1881,
Drumchork Farmhouse was once a busy working farm on the Letterewe and Gruinard
Estate. With views over Loch Ewe and the village of Aultbea, on a clear day you
can even spot the outline of the Isle of Lewis. The property is a traditional
two storey stone building with well appointed accommodation comprising a
comfortable sitting room with wood burning stove, a breakfast room with
adjoining kitchen, a master bedroom with en-suite shower and toilet, a family
bathroom and two twin bedrooms. Drumchork Farmhouse provides a cosy retreat and
benefits from the convenience of a village location. There is plenty to see and
do in the area and the property website includes information about local walks
and canoe launch sites. Open all year. Rates from £350-£475 per
week. Heating is by electricity, though between the months of December and June
a Rayburn stove can be kept running if desired. A starter pack of wood and peat
is provided for the wood burning stove. Further packs can be supplied for a
small additional cost. Contact: Alexander Rae. Tel: 01445 731207. Mobile: 07710
E-mail: [email protected]
The Old Post Office, Applecross. With wonderful views
across the Inner Sound to Raasay and Skye, The Old Post Office is one of a
little row of cottages which sits just a few yards from the pebble beach and
sea in the picture postcard village of Applecross. This is a magical place.
Once accessible only by sea, the journey in today is either by the magnificent
mountain Pass of the Cattle or via the winding road along the southern shore of
Loch Torridon. Either way, it takes effort to get here and The Old Post Office
is worth making the journey. This traditional old cottage has been completely
restored and refurbished to offer cosy accommodation for just two guests. The
ground floor comprises an open plan kitchen/dining area/lounge. On the upper
floor is one double bedroom and an en-suite shower room. Electric heating, bed
linen and towels are all included in the let. Open all year. From
£235-£375 per week. Short breaks available. Tel: +44 (0)1835
WWW: The Old Post Office Web Page
Pebble Coast, Near Gairloch.
Set in extensive grounds in a dramatic cliff-top location, Pebble Coast is only 6 miles
from Gairloch. This modern, detached house has direct access to a pebble beach and has
breathtaking, uninterrupted views across The Minch. Pebble Coast is beautifully presented
throughout and offers spacious accommodation for up to 6 guests in 3 bedooms. A welcoming
entrance hall leads through to the generous open plan living area comprising a chic kitchen,
a charming dining area and a comfortable seating area with feature wood burning stove and a
large picture window and French doors. There is one ground floor double bedroom with a king-size
bed and stylish en suite shower room. Upstairs there are two further bedrooms and a family bathroom;
one is a double with a super king-size bed and an anteroom that is suitable for a cot, the other is
a twin with extra long antique beds. Outside there ample parking plus a shed for secure storage.
The garden and croft land around the house is laid mainly to grass. Open all year, From £775-
£1295 per week inclusive of bed linen, towels and a starter pack of logs for the stove. WiFi
is also included subject to a fair use policy. Up to 3 dogs welcome by arrangement. Tel: +44 (0)1835
WWW: Pebble Coast Web Page
Redpoint Cottage, Red Point, Gairloch.
Situated opposite the spectacular sandy beach at Red Point, Redpoint Cottage is an old crofthouse
which has been extensively refurbished to provide well appointed accommodation for up to 5 guests
in two bedrooms. The property comprises a well-equipped kitchen, a separate dining room and a cosy
lounge with multi-fuel stove. On the first floor is a master bedroom with a kingsize bed and chair
bed for occasional use, plus a futher twin bedded room. A shower room with large cubicle with power
shower is located on the ground floor. The cottage sits in an enclosed garden and has ample parking.
Rates from £460-£680 per week, including bed linen and towels, all electicity and oil
costs, a starter pack of fuel for the stove and unlimited WiFi. A travel cot and high chair can be
provided on request. Up to two well behaved dogs welcome. Contact Wendy. Tel: 01445 712179. Mobile:
Email: [email protected]
Cottage, Badachro. Set in stunning Highland scenery Rose Cottage is a
traditionally furnished, stone-built, two storey cottage standing in its own
large garden. Offering comfortable accommodation for up to 6 guests, this
charming property comprises a cosy sitting room with open fire, a separate
dining room with wood burning stove, a well equipped kitchen and utility room
with all modern appliances, two twin bedrooms and one double and a family
bathroom. Rose Cottage overlooks Badachro's beautiful bay with views to the
magnificent mountains beyond. The garden is securely fenced and there is room
for parking in front of the cottage. Great walks, stunning beaches and
oustanding coastal scenery are on your doorstep. You can fish, play golf, climb
a Munro or just wander around the magnificent gardens at Inverewe. Open all
year. Rates are £350-£580 per week. Contact: Jane Ross. Tel: 01638
E-mail: [email protected]
Seaside Croft, 15 Midtown, Inverasdale, Poolewe, IV22
2LW. Situated on the shore of Loch Ewe, near Poolewe, with wonderful
views over the sea to the hills of the Great Wilderness, Seaside Croft is a
traditional crofters cottage, fully renovated to provide comfortable
accommodation for up to 6 guests. There is a large, well equipped
kitchen/dining room with a sunny conservatory leading off it, a cosy lounge
with peat burning stove, 1 double bedroom, 2 twin rooms and a family bathroom
with a bath and walk in shower. The large garden has a picnic table,
seats, and a stone shelter. The 5 acre croft has a gate opening onto the sea
shore. A great base for exploring the beaches, hills and discovering the many
attractions of Wester Ross or an idyllic place to stay 'home' and relax. Open
all year. Rates from £300-£530 per week including electricity,
bedlinen and tea towels. Dogs welcome by prior arrangement. Please note:
Seaside Croft is a no smoking house. Contact Janet Hopwood. Tel: 01471 820164
or 01445 781307.
E-mail: [email protected]
Croft, 51 Mellon Charles, Aultbea, IV22 2JL. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
On a peninsula overlooking Loch Ewe and only yards from the beach, this
architect designed house offers magnificent views and sleeps up to eight in
comfort. Only 20 minutes from Gairloch, Shore Croft offers luxury accommodation
on two floors in this beautiful part of Scotland. Downstairs there is a very
large kitchen/dining room with all modern appliances, a dining table seating 8
and french doors opening onto decking with garden furniture and a barbecue, a
large sitting room with open fire, satellite TV and music system, plus a
cloakroom. Upstairs, the master bedroom has an en-suite shower room and
separate dressing room, there are three further twin bedded rooms and a family
bathroom. A high chair and cot are available. Go to the beach, go fishing or
simply relax. It's idyllic here. Open All Year. From £745-£1845 per
week. Christmas and New Year POA. Please note Shore Croft is a no smoking
house. Contact Hilary Cowan. Tel: 0151 494 1488. Mobile: 07770 781234.
E-mail: [email protected]
The Shore House, Loch Alsh.
Set right on the shore of Loch Alsh near Kyle of Lochalsh, The Shore House sits in a dramatic
coastal setting and is a truly memorable holiday home. This newly built property is fresh and
modern throughout and benefits from magnificent views from its large picture windows. The
spacious accommodation comprises an open plan sitting/dining room/kitchen with feature wood
burning stove, a separate snug/sunroom, a utility/drying room, an en-suite master bedroom with
a gable end made completely of glass that takes in the striking vista of the loch and rocky shoreline,
another spacious double bedroom with an unusual circular window and a family room that has a double bed
and two twin beds. There is also a shower room with a walk-in shower. The rough garden grounds lead right
down to the shoreline for fishing. Open all year. From £695-£1295 per week including all bed linen,
WiFi, the first £35 of both electricity and heating and a started pack of logs for the stove. No smoking. Up
to 2 well behaved dogs welcome for a small additional charge. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: The Shore House Web Page
Wester Ross Retreats.
For a choice of over 30 cottages in the Gairloch and Poolewe area, take a
look at our website. We have the best selection of self catering accommodation
in the area between Red Point and Mellon Udrigle. Most cottages have stunning
views of the sea and mountains and all are furnished and equipped to a high
standard. All our properties are individually owned and reflect the individual
owners own taste. They range from first class modern houses to the more simple
basic old croft cottage. Many are pet friendly. We are confident that you will
find your ideal holiday retreat within our cottage selection, whatever your
requirements. We have properties sleeping from 2-9 guests, at prices to suit
all budgets, with most including linen hire and electricity. For further information
and to book, contact Wendy on: 01445 712179. Mobile: 07799 591468.
Email: [email protected]
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- 14 Aultgrishan Melvaig, Gairloch, IV21 2DZ.
- 244 Laide of Reiff Altandhu, Achiltibuie, IV26 2YR.
- Ailleag 12 Royal Park, Ullapool, IV26 2XT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- An Cos Shieldaig.
- An Taigh Soluis Polglass, Achiltibuie, IV26 2YH.
- An Teallach Cottage Strathcarron, IV54 8YR. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Applecross Campsite Open Easter through October. Applecross, Strathcarron, IV54 8ND.
- Ardmair Bay Cottages and Chalets Ardmair Point, Ullapool, IV26 2TN.
- Ardmair Point Caravan & Camping Park Ardmair Point, Ullapool, IV26 2TN.
- Ardmair Point Chalets Ardmair Point, Ullapool, IV26 2TN.
- Attadale Holiday Cottages Attadale, Strathcarron, IV54 8YX.
- Aultbea Lodges Aultbea, IV22 2HU.
- Aultroy Kinlochewe, IV22 2PD.
- Badrallach Bothy and Campsite Croft 9, Badrallach, Dundonnell, IV23 2QP. STB 4 Star Camping Park.
- Badrallach Pottery Cottage Croft 9, Badralloch, Dundonnell, IV23 2QP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Bothan na' Tilleadh Polbain, Achiltibuie, IV26 2YW.
- Brae House Achiltibuie.
- Braemore Square Country House Ullapool, IV23 2RX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Brochs of Coigach Polbain, Achiltibuie, IV26 2YW. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Broomfield Holiday Park Ullapool, IV26 2SX.
- Bruaich Cottage Slumbay, Lochcarron, IV54 8YQ.
- Bruaich Rainich Polbain, Achiltibuie, IV26 2YW.
- Cairn Shiel Kinlochewe, IV22 2PE. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Cairns Cottage Port Henderson, Gairloch, IV21 2AS.
- Caolas Beag 2 Big Sand, Gairloch, IV21 2DD.
- Coorie Cottage Castaway Cove, Altnaharrie, Lochbroom, Ullapool, IV26 2SS.
- Corallin Fearnamore, Applecross, IV54 8XU.
- The Cottage Corran, Shieldaig, IV54 8XN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across Wester Ross visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Craig Cottage Kenmore, By Applecross, IV54 8XH. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Creag Ghlas Cottage Lochcarron, IV54 8YQ.
- Dalachladdich Cottages Resolis, Colonel's Road, Lochcarron, IV54 8YG.
- Dolphin Ullapool The Braes, Ullapool, IV26 2SZ. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Doneve Scottish Self Catering Holidays Lochcarron. c/o James Mould Business Services, Tigh Charrann, Croft Road, Lochcarron, IV54 8YA.
- Dry Island Self Catering Badachro, Gairloch, IV21 2AB.
- Dunvegan House West Argyll Street, Ullapool, IV26 2TY.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Eleven Diabaig Torridon, IV22 2HE.
- Ewe View Holidays Oran na Mara, Drumchork, Aultbea, IV22 2HU.
- Foxglove Cottage Greenstones, Opinan, Laide, IV22 2NU.
- Gairloch Holiday Park Open April to October. Strath, Gairloch, IV21 2BX.
- Gardener's Cottage Tullich, Lochcarron, IV54 8YS.
- Garden Lodge Inverewe Garden. National Trust for Scotland holiday cottages. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation.
- Glayva Cottage Main Street, Lochcarron, IV54 8YB.
- Glen Cottage Torridon. National Trust for Scotland holiday cottages. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation.
- Glendale House South Erradale, Gairloch, IV21 2AU.
- Gowan Cottage Charleston, Gairloch, IV21 2AH. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Greenhill Self Catering 5 Incheril, Kinlochewe.
- Holly's House Lonbain, Applecross, IV54 8XX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Kildonan 15A Laide, IV22 2NP. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Kinlochewe Mountain Chalets Kinlochewe, by Achnasheen, IV22 2PA.
- Lochcarron Cottages c/o Hillside, Lochcarron, IV54 8YQ.
- Mansefield Holiday Cottage Kinlochewe. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Mayar Bhan Laide, Gruinard Bay, IV22 2ND.
- Midwest Cottage Wester Alligin, Torridon, IV22 2HD.
- Millcroft Hotel Apartments Strath, Gairloch, IV21 2BT. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- The Moorings Badachro, Gairloch, IV21 2AA.
- New Lodge New Kelso, Strathcarron, IV54 8YR. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- The Old Crofthouse 38 Lonemore, Gairloch, IV21 2DB.
- The Old Tweed Mill Braes, Ullapool, IV26 2TB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Pentagon Cove, Near Poolewe, IV22 2LT.
- Pine Lodge Kishorn, Strathcarron, IV54 8XB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- The Pines Kinlochewe, IV22 2PA.
- Quinag Achiltibuie, IV26 2YG.
- Rocklea Little Gruinard Laide, Gairloch, IV22 2NG. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Rose Cottage Laide.
- Scourie Cottage Scourie.
- Sealladh Sitheil Badenscallie, Achiltibuie, Ullapool, IV26 2YJ.
- Sea Side Croft House Self Catering 1 Achintraid, Kishorn, Strathcarron, IV54 8XB.
- Shieldaig Self Catering Holidays Ceol na Mara, 6 Mary Street, Shieldaig, IV54 8XW.
- The Sheiling Achgarve, Laide, IV22 2NS.
- Stac Pollaidh Self Catering Achnahaird, Achiltibuie, IV26 2UT.
- The Steading Blairbuie, Achiltibuie, IV26 2YS. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Stalker's Cottage Torridon. National Trust for Scotland holiday cottages. STB 3 Star Self Catering. Read our Feature about NTS Holiday Accommodation.
- The Stonehouses Ullapool Mill Street, Ullapool, IV26 2UN. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Struan Cottage Annat, Torridon, IV22 2EU.
- Taigh a' Bhraoin Letters, Ullapool. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Tigh Beag 12A Mellon Udrigle, Laide, IV22 2NT.
- Tigh Brachen Diabaig, Torridon, IV22 2HE.
- Tigh Charrann Self Catering Holidays Croft Road, Lochcarron, IV54 8YA.
- Tigh na Gow Highland Cottage Shieldaig, IV54 8XN.
- Tigh na Mara 8 Mary's Street, Shieldaig, IV54 8XW.
- Tigh na Reultan 2 Pulteney Street, Ullapool, IV26 2UP. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Tigh na Sith 8 Birchburn Road, Aultbea, IV22 2HZ.
- Tigh na Tilleadh Polbain, Achiltibuie, IV26 2YW.
- Tigh Ruaraidh Lonbain, Applecross, IV54 8XX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Torridon Boathouse Torridon, IV22 2EY.
- Ullapool Holiday Homes Runie Lodge, Blughasary, Ullapool, IV26 2TW.
- Waterfront Cottage Points of Braes, Ullapool, IV26 2TB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Wester Alligin Cottage 8 Wester Alligin, Achnasheen, IV22 2HD.
- Wester Ross Retreats Self catering holiday cottages, lodges and chalets across Wester Ross. 5 Braeside, Gairloch, IV21 2BG.
- Whindley House Auchtercairn Brae, Gairloch, IV21 2BN.
- Woodside Lodge Achintraid, Kishorn, IV54 8XB.