Fyne Studios - The Hidden
Gallery, Newton, PA27 8DB. You will find The Hidden Gallery in deepest
Cowal, in Newton off the A886 Colintraive Road 3 miles from Strachur. Once off
the A886 just follow the colour coded palettes. Artists Don Mcneil
and Jean Bell show their own quality Scottish paintings here and look forward
to you finding them. Fyne Studios is where they live and paint, taking
inspiration from their surroundings. Both Don and Jean are acclaimed as being
amongst Scotland's leading artists and their paintings are prized exhibits in
many galleries and private collections. All their works are both original and
unique as no prints are made. Visit Fyne Studios' website to view examples from
their personal portfolios. Better still, drop by the studio itself to browse
the galleries and view work in progress, talk to the artists and soak up the
ambience. You'll be most welcome. For further information contact Jean or Don.
Tel/Fax: 01369 860379.
Other Local Attractions
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- Ardkinglas Estate Historic House and Garden. Wedding and dinner party venue. Gardens open to the public, and house tours available. Cairndow, PA23 8QS.
- Ascog Hall Fernery Beautifully restored Victorian fernery and gardens. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Beinn Narnain Mountain rising to the west of Loch Long. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Benmore Botanic Garden In the wonderful woodland setting of the Eachaig Valley lies Benmore, a Garden steeped in history and surrounded by dramatic scenery. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Bute Museum The archaeology, history and natural history of the Isle of Bute. 7 Stuart Street, Rothesay, Isle of Bute PA20 0EP.
- Castle House Museum The story of Cowal through geology, archaeology, Celts and clans. Castle House, Castle Gardens, Dunoon PA23 7HH.
- Clan Macalister Centre at Glenbarr Abbey Glenbarr by Tarbert, Argyll PA29 6UT.
- Cowal Highland Gathering The world's largest and most spectacular Highland Games, always held over the last weekend in August.
- Geilston Garden The Garden at Geilston was developed over 200 years ago. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Hill House Considered to be Charles Rennie Mackintoshs finest domestic creation. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Mount Stuart Palatial mansion and surrounding landscaped gardens built by the Marquis of Bute. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Rothesay Castle Unusual circular castle surrounded by moat in Rothesay. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- St Blane's Church Remote ruins of a historic church in southern Bute. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- St Mary's Church Church on the edge of Rothesay. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- St Peter's Seminary Remains of a modernist, brutalist Catholic seminary near Cardross. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Strachur Church Has 11 traditional West Highland grave slabs set into its outer wall. (Undiscovered Scotland Feature Page)
- Studio Cinema 41 John Street, Dunoon, PA23 8BH.