The Galley of Lorne Inn, Ardfern, By Lochgilphead, PA31
8QN. Located in the picturesque village of Ardfern, nestling among the
hills beside Loch Craignish and with breathtaking views towards the sea, is The
Galley of Lorne, a 17th Century Drovers' Inn. A peaceful retreat, this charming
Inn offers comfortable guest accommodation in one of six tastefully decorated
en-suite rooms, outstanding restaurant dining with an emphasis on locally
produced food and a cosy public bar with real ales, a choice of 50 malt
whiskies to savour and a wine list to cater for all tastes. For disabled
visitors the Inn provides total access facilities. Come here to get away from
it all, or make the Inn your base for touring the beautiful West coast. Oban is
only half an hour from here, the historically unique Kilmartin Glen is only
minutes away and walking, climbing, cycling, sailing, canoeing, diving, fishing
and golfing are all available close by. Open all year. B&B from £30
per person per night. Tel: 01852 500 284. Fax: 01852 500 578.
The Inveraray Inn, Front
Street East, Inveraray, PA32 8XB.
Designed by John Adam and opened in 1755, The Inveraray Inn is the oldest and most
historic hotel in Inveraray. Originally built to accommodate officials visiting Inverarary
Castle, today The Inveraray Inn offers standards of hospitality that more than live
up to its illustrious past. This famous hotel, which has also been known in the past
as The Great Inn, The Argyll Arms Hotel and The Argyll Hotel, Inveraray, now offers
36 comfortable, en suite bedrooms, excellent local produce and traditional Highland
hospitality. A broad range of room types is available including Executive, Loch View
and Standard plus larger, multiple bedded rooms, for families. The Inn serves fabulous
local cuisine throughout the day and is also home to The Argyll Bar, a real west-coast
bar with a friendly atmosphere. Open all year. For competitive rates and seasonal offers
visit the hotel's own website linked below. Bookings made directly through the hotel website
or front desk guarantee exclusive 20% discounts on all major local attractions including
the Castle, Jail and Brewery. Tel: 01499 302466.
Other Hotels & Inns
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- Ardshiel Hotel Kilkerran Road, Campbeltown, PA28 6JL. STB 3 Star Small Hotel.
- Argyll Hotel Bellochantuy, Nr Campbeltown, PA28 6QE. STB 2 Star Small Hotel.
- Arrochar Hotel Arrochar, G83 7AU.
- Ashbank Hotel Carradale, By Campbeltown, PA28 6RY.
- Balinakill Country House Hotel Clachan, PA29 6XL. STB 3 Star Country House Hotel.
- Cairnbaan Hotel Cairnbaan, By Lochgilphead, PA31 8SJ. AA 3 Star Hotel.
- Carradale Hotel Carradale, By Campbeltown, PA28 6RY.
- Craigard House Low Askomil, Campbeltown, PA28 6EP. STB 3 Star Small Hotel.
- Dellwood Hotel Drumore, Campbeltown, PA28 6HD. STB 2 Star Hotel.
- Dunvalanree Port Righ, Carradale, Kintyre, PA28 6SE. STB 4 Star Restaurant with Rooms. Unassisted wheelchair access.
- Empire Travel Lodge Union Street, Lochgilphead, PA31 8JS. STB 3 Star Lodge.
- George Hotel Main Street East, Inveraray, PA32 8TT.
- Gigha Hotel Isle of Gigha, PA41 7AA. STB 3 Star Hotel.
- The Horsehoe Inn Kilmichael Glassary, Lochgilphead, PA31 8QA.
- Kilberry Inn Kilberry, By Tarbert. STB 4 Star Restaurant with Rooms.
- Kilmartin Hotel Kilmartin, PA31 8RQ.
- Loch Fyne Hotel & SpaInveraray, PA32 8XT.
- The Royal Hotel Main Street, Campbeltown, PA28 6AG. STB 4 Star Hotel. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Seafield Hotel Kilkerran Road, Campbeltown, PA28 6JL.
- The Shore House Inn Lochgoilhead, PA24 8AD. STB 3 Star Inn.
- Stonefield Castle Hotel Tarbert, PA29 6YJ. STB 4 Star Hotel.
- Tarbert Hotel Harbour Street, Tarbert, PA29 6UB.
- The Ugadale Hotel The Village at Machrihanish Dunes, Machrihanish, PA28 6PT. STB 4 Star Hotel. Assisted wheelchair access.
- The West Loch Hotel Loch Fyne, By Tarbert, PA29 6YF.