Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
The Scottish government's timetable for easing coronavirus restrictions can be seen here.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Walking and Climbing Holidays and Guiding. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of the distillation hall at the Borders Distillery in Hawick in glorious sunshine; and a view of the magnificent Tantallon Castle, a Historic Environment Scotland property near North Berwick.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Elcho Castle is not one of Scotland's best known or most visited castles, but it is one of the most enjoyable. If you want a castle that is sufficiently well preserved to give a real feel for the way its residents lived; that is large enough to give scope for exploration; that has a superb and fascinating setting; and that is only a few miles from one of Scotland's main motorways (and one of its cities, Perth), then Elcho Castle is the place for you. ( More ...)
On This Day
16 May 1823: The death in France of Grace Elliott, the renowned Scottish society beauty and courtesan who witnessed at first hand the French Revolution.
16 May 1933: Midland Scottish Air Ferries begins Islay's first scheduled passenger service.
The House With 46 Chimneys by Ken Lussey (10 November 2020).
Life changes dramatically for Kaleb, Jude and Sequoia when they move to live with their aunt in a rural corner
of central Scotland. It’s the beginning of April 2020, the early days of the coronavirus lockdown.
Three local children they meet – in a socially distanced way – draw them into a two-century old family
mystery involving the haunting of the nearby ruins of Dunmore Park. Do they try to right a wrong that was
done in 1828, a wrong that has had consequences ever since? Or is doing so simply too dangerous?
Read our full review.
- Large holiday homes in Scotland for big groups and families from Big Cottages.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is The House With 46 Chimneys.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Year round self catering accommodation in the Cairngorms National Park.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Search over 60,000 Last Minute Cottages in Scotland with great last-minute deals.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Welcome to Fort William: A place to relax and to play. Plan your visit at fortwilliam.co.uk
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.