Duisdale House Hotel, Isle Ornsay, Sleat, Isle of Skye, IV43
8QW. STB 4 Star Country House Hotel. Escape to the beautiful Isle of
Skye and enjoy an indulgent luxury break at Duisdale House Hotel. Built as a
hunting lodge for the Clan Macdonald in the 1860s, Duisdale sits in its own
grounds of 30 acres on the Sleat peninsula in southern Skye. Completely
transformed into a chic boutique retreat in recent years, the hotel boasts 18
individually designed bedrooms in a range of contemporary styles, some with
four posters. Duisdale also boasts an award winning restaurant serving
innovative dishes from a daily changing menu. Guests may choose to dine in the
conservatory with views of the gardens to the Sound of Sleat or in the intimate
fireside area. In addition, exclusive daily sailing trips on the hotels private
yacht are available from April to September crewed by owners Ken and Anne. Open
all year. Tel: 01471 833202.
Read the Undiscovered Scotland hotel review for Duisdale House.
Greshornish House, Edinbane, By Portree, Isle of Skye,
IV51 9PN. STB 4 Star Guest Accommodation. On a secluded loch-side site, surrounded
by 10 acres of its own gardens and wooded grounds, Greshornish House is a traditional white
manor house enjoying a spectacular setting between Portree and Dunvegan Castle. In the C19th
Greshornish House was the home of Kenneth Macleod, a wealthy and influential landlord, today
it is a happy and comfortable home providing an ideal base for guests to explore the beauty
of the Isle of Skye. There are six well-appointed en-suite bedrooms, (double/twin/family),
each with its own character and charm. A leisurely breakfast is served each morning in the
conservatory/dining room, though early starts can be catered for. Packed lunches and afternoon
teas are available on request. B&B from £160 per room per night based on two adults sharing
for a minimum 2 night stay. Exclusive use enquiries welcome. Open Easter until November.
Normally closed to guests on Sundays and Mondays and in the winter months. Tel: +44 (0) 1470
Hotel, Skeabost Bridge, Isle Of Skye, IV51 9NP. Located in central Skye,
Skeabost House Hotel sits on the edge of Loch Snizort with views out over the
sea and to the surrounding crofting townships of Bernisdale and Tote. With its
own 9 hole, 18 tee, wooded, shore line golf course and a fast flowing stocked
Salmon river flowing close by, this is the ideal base for those who enjoy a
round of golf or a day's fishing. Portree, the island's capital is just a 7
minute drive away. Now under the ownership of Sonas Hotel Group - which also
has the Duisdale and Toravaig in the south of the island - Skeabost House is
undergoing an extensive programme of refurbishment. It's 14 guest bedrooms now
feature fine quality fabrics and tweeds in eye catching colours to compliment
the fabulous traditional features and oak panelling to be seen in the many
areas of the hotel. The Skeabost offers guests choosing to dine here the
opportunity to try something new in addition to a selection of classic dishes.
The hotel wine list also boasts a Rare Choice section. Open all year. Tel:
01470 532 202.
The Stein Inn, Stein, Waternish, Isle of Skye, IV55 8GA.
STB 3 Star Inn and 3 Star Self Catering. Green Tourism Business Scheme Gold
Award. This totally unspoilt and traditional inn dates to 1790, making it the
oldest inn on Skye. This is a romantic place where traditions are maintained
but the discerning traveller can still find all the comforts and conveniences
of modern living including being a WiFi hotspot. The inn has 4 double and one
single en-suite guest rooms. No two are the same and all offer stunning and
uninterrupted views across Loch Bay. In addition, a one bedroom apartment is
available for those prefering more independent living, though with all the
benefits of a first-rate inn on the doorstep! Food and drink is available
throughout the day to both residents and non residents. Diners can choose to
eat in the dining room or in the bar where the emphasis is on good, wholesome
food at affordable prices. B&B £36-£53 per person per night.
Gillen Apartment is £325 to £385 per week all inclusive. Winter
offers available from November to March. Contact Angus or Teresa McGhie. Tel:
+44 (0) 1470 592 362.
Toravaig House Hotel, Knock Bay, Sleat, Isle of Skye, IV44 8RE.
STB 4 Star Small Hotel. Toravaig House Hotel offers a country house
ambiance and luxurious guest accomodation. All bedrooms are ensuite, are
freshly presented with newly laundered, luxuriously crisp white bedlinen on new
feature beds and each room is individual decorated with great attention to
detail. The Islay Restaurant is elegant and welcoming, with a unique
contemporary style in keeping with the stylishly modern decor throughout the
hotel. The innovative menus reflect the ever changing seasons. In the evenings
a soft relaxing candlelit atmosphere is created to enhance the pleasure of the
culinary experience. Lunchtime guests can also enjoy the wonderful views over
the gardens. The hotel has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes plus numerous other
accolades. We also offer daily yachting excursions exclusive to residents. Open
all year. Contact Ken or Anne Gracie. Tel: 01471 820 200.
Read the Undiscovered Scotland hotel review for Toravaig House.
Viewfield House, Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9EU.
Set in 20 acres of woodland gardens, Viewfield House is conveniently located within the
island capital of Portree and provides an ideal base for exploring. Dating to the Victoria
era, this charming country house retains its splendid period interior and offers guests
a Scottish house-party atmosphere. Guest accommodation is in a choice of 11 beautifully
appointed bedrooms, ten of them with en-suite bathrooms and the eleventh having an adjacent
private bathroom. Open between mid-April and mid-October. B&B from £65-£85 per person
per night. Special rates are available for extended stays of three nights or more. Suppers are
available on a daily basis by prior arrangement. Free WiFi is available throughout the house.
Viewfield House also offers self catering accommodation in Gardeners Cottage. This well appointed
4 bedroom property occupies part of the old stable block and is available to let throughout the year.
Contact Hugh Macdonald. Tel: +44 (0) 1478 612217.
Heather Hotel, The Harbour, Kyleakin, Isle of Skye, IV41 8PL. A warm welcome awaits
you at our cosy, family run hotel, nestled on the harbourside in the idyllic village of Kyleakin.
We have 2 Superior Twin/Superking rooms, 2 Standard Twin/Superking rooms, 2 Standard Double rooms
and 1 Standard Family room. There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. We have two lounges, both
with beautiful views across the harbour, a small study with a computer and a small kitchenette
with laundry facilities - all freely accessible to our guests throughout their stay. Breakfast
provides a choice of both traditional and continental options. A great base for exploring Skye
and Lochalsh. Open 7th March - 27th October 2016. B&B from £52-£133 per room per night. Children
under 3 stay free. Dogs welcome in some rooms by prior arrangement. Tel: +44 (0)1599 534 577.
Other Hotels & Inns
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- Atholl House Dunvegan, Isle of Skye, IV55 8WA. STB 3 Star Small Hotel.
- Ardvasar Hotel Ardvasar, Isle of Skye, IV45 8RS.
- Cluanie Inn Glenmoriston, Inverness, IV63 7YW. STB 3 Star Inn.
- Coruisk House Restaurant with Rooms Elgol, Isle of Skye, IV49 9BL.
- The Cuillin Hills Hotel Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9QU.
STB 4 Star Country House Hotel. Unassisted
Read the Undiscovered Scotland hotel review for the Cuillin Hills Hotel.
- Dornie Hotel Francis Street, Dornie, IV40 8DT. STB 2 Star Small Hotel.
- Dunollie Hotel Broadford, Isle of Skye, IV49 9AE.
- Dunorin House Hotel Herebost, Dunvegan, Isle of Skye, IV55 8GZ. STB 3 Star Small Hotel.
- Dunsgiath Apartments Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9HX. STB 4 Star Serviced Apartments.
- Dunvegan Hotel Main Street, Dunvegan, Isle of Skye, IV55 8WA.
- The Glenview Hotel Culnacnoc, Staffin, Isle of Skye, IV51 9JH. STB 3 Star Restaurant With Rooms.
- Grants at Craigellachie Craigellachie, Glenshiel, IV40 8HP. AA 4 Star Restaurant with Rooms.
- Hotel Eilean Iarmain Isle Ornsay Hotel, Sleat, Isle of
Skye, IV43 8QR. STB 3 Star Small Hotel.
Read the Undiscovered Scotland hotel review for Hotel Eilean Iarmain.
- Kings Arms Hotel Kyleakin, Isle of Skye, IV41 8PH.
- Kinloch Lodge Hotel Sleat, Isle of Skye, IV43 8QY. STB 4 Gold Star Country House Hotel.
- Kintail Lodge Hotel Glenshiel, IV40 8HL. STB 3 Star Small Hotel.
- Kyle Hotel Main Street, Kyle of Lochalsh, IV40 8AB.
- The Lochalsh Hotel Ferry Road, Kyle of Lochalsh, IV40 8AF.
- The Lodge at Edinbane Edinbane, By Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9PW.
- The Old Inn Carbost, Isle of Skye, IV47 8SR.
- The Plockton Hotel Harbour Street, Plockton, IV52 8TN. AA 3 Star Hotel.
- Plockton Inn & Seafood Restaurant Innes Street, Plockton, IV52 8TW. STB 3 Star Inn.
- Rosedale Hotel Beaumont Crescent, Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9DB. STB 3 Star Hotel.
- The Royal Hotel Bank Street, Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9BU. STB 3 Star Hotel.
- Sconser Lodge Hotel Sconser, Isle of Skye, IV48 8TD. STB 3 Star Small Hotel.
- Sligachan Hotel Sligachan, Isle of Skye, IV47 8SW.
- Taigh Ailean Hotel Portnalong, Carbost, Isle of Skye, IV47 8SL.
- The Three Chimneys Restaurant & House Over-By Colbost, Dunvegan, Isle of Skye, IV55 8ZT. STB 5 Star Restaurant With Rooms.
- Tingle Creek Hotel Erbusaig, Kyle of Lochalsh, IV40 8BB. STB 3 Star Small Hotel.
- Uig Hotel Uig, Isle of Skye, IV51 9YE. STB 3 Star Small Hotel.
- Ullinish Country Lodge Ullinish, by Dunvegan, Isle of Skye, IV56 8FD. STB 5 Star Restaurant with Rooms.