a'Mhullaich, Penmore, Dervaig, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QR. STB 3 Star Self
Catering. Tucked away in a secluded valley, close to Croig harbour, sandy
beaches and the sea, Achadh a'Mhullaich is a renovated cottage built of solid
stone walls re-constructed from a former crofter's house and outbuildings.
Outside there is ample parking. A small stream flows just yards from the door.
Comprising a galley kitchen overlooking the valley, an open plan lounge/dining
area with a feature stone wall and real coal stove, one double bedroom, one
bunk room and a family bathroom with both bath and shower to the ground floor
and on the upper floor a further double bedroom with en-suite bathroom, a
reading/quiet room and a games area. Comfortably sleeping up to 6, Achadh
a'Mhullaich can also be intimate enough for a quiet holiday just for 2. Wood
panelling features throughout and the property comes very well equipped. Open
all year. Rates from £345-£535 per week. Contact Richard Hannabuss.
Tel: 01244 373862.
Ardfenaig Farmhouses and Ach-na-Brae, Ardfin and Ardlea
Cottages, Tiraghoil, Bunessan, Isle of Mull. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
Ardefenaig Farmhouses comprise two traditional granite cottages, Monachuich
House and Tiraghoi. Monachuich House has 4 bedrooms and sleeps up to 7 whilst
Tiraghoil can also accommodate 7, though in three bedrooms with one being en
suite. Both are set in private gardens with views over the Ross of Mull.
Ach-na-Brae Cottages are identical opposite halves of a barn conversion. Each
has 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, spacious public rooms and a high level of
appointment. The two new build detached properties, Ardfin and Ardlea, are in
open countryside close to the village of Fionnphort. Ardfin sleeps up to 4
guests and Ardlea up to 6. All properties have a washer/drier, dishwasher and
digital satellite TV system. Heating is electric and is included in the cost of
the let. Linen and towels are provided. Open all year. Rates from
£300-£775 per week. Contact Gillian MacNeill. Tel/Fax: 01681
Ardfenaig Lodge, Bunessan, Isle of Mull, PA67 6DX. STB 5
Star Self Catering. The former gate house of the Duke of Argyll's shooting
lodge, Ardfenaig Lodge has been lovingly renovated and extended to provide
luxury accommodation for up to 6 guests. On the shore of Loch Caol, in 30 acres
of forest, lawn, garden and moors, this stunning property comprises a fully
fitted kitchen with Rangemaster Classic range cooker, a sunroom with floor to
ceiling windows leading out onto a deck and with comfortable seating and a
dining table seating 6, a separate sitting room with vaulted and beamed ceiling
and furnished with antiques, chairs and sofa upholstered in Ralph Lauren
fabrics and with a large flat screen TV with Sky and a DVD player. There are
two en-suite ground floor bedrooms, one kingsize, the other a twin, and an
upstairs en-suite bedroom with two single built-in single beds. Open all year.
£1185 per week inclusive of electricity, WiFi and all linen. Contact Anne
Tolleson. Tel: UK 01681 700210 (April to October), US 404 636-1292 (November to
Benmore Estate Cottages, Benmore Estate, Isle of Mull.
Benmore Estate has 5 cottages available for holiday lettings. Riverside Self
Catering Cottages, both STB 4 Star, are located at Knock, 5 miles west of
Salen. Bridge Cottage, also 4 Star, is close to the bridge over the River Ba
and is also at Knock. Dhiseig Cottage is located a further 4 miles along the
road towards Gribun on the slopes of Ben More. STB 4 Star Drive Cottage is at
Gruline. Properties sleep from 2 to 6 guests and come highly appointed with
everything you could possibly need in a home away from home. The two adjacent
Riverside Cottages can also be let together to accommodate up to 10 guest. All
properties are centrally located, providing the ideal base for exploring Mull
and the surrounding islands. On the estate we have mountain bikes and a tennis
court. Rates from £310-£710 per week inclusive of all electricity,
provision of bedlinen and towels and logs for the stove. Contact The Estate
Office, Knock, Gruline, Isle of Mull, PA71 6HR. Tel: +44 (0) 1680 300
Clachan Cottage, Dervaig, Isle of Mull,
PA75 6QR. On the shores of Loch
Cuin, on the outskirts of Dervaig village in the north of the island, Clachan
Cottage offers a great base from which to explore Mull or simply sit
back, relax and watch the bird life on the loch. Clachan Cottage is a
traditional stone cottage comprising a fully fitted kitchen, a separate lounge
with multifuel stove and fantastic views over the loch, a dining room with
ample seating for 6, one double bedroom, two twins and a bathroom with both
bath and separate shower. To the front there is a seating area where you can relax and
enjoy the bird life on the estuary or watch the magnificent sunsets with a glass of our
complimentary wine, then enjoy an evening barbecue. There is ample parking opposite the
cottage on the shore side. Open all year. Rates from £250 per week, including provision
of all bed linen, towels, electricity and WiFi. Contact Steve Davies. Tel: 07880 928314.
The Coach House
at Ardfenaig, By Bunessan, Isle of Mull, PA67 6DX. STB 4 Star Self
Catering. Situated in the spacious grounds and gardens of Ardfenaig House, the
Coach House offers the best of modern living in a truly traditional building.
Looking out onto a pond and across Loch Caol to Bunessan village and the
mountains of Glen More, a short walk across the garden brings you to the sea
and a side gate takes you onto the Ross of Mull-hills past a bubbling burn.
From the entrance drive it is just a short distance to Bunessan with its shops,
pub and restaurant. The well appointed Coach House is over two floors,
including a spacious open-plan living area to the ground floor and two twin
bedrooms, both with en-suite bathrooms and sufficient space to take an
additional fold out bed if required, to the upper floor. All bed, bath, and
table linen are provided. There is free WiFi braodband throughout the house and
Sky TV is provided. Open April to September at £775 per week. Contact
Anne Tolleson. From April to October Tel: (UK) 01681 700210. From November to
March Tel: (US) 404 636-1292
East and West Carsaig, Carsaig Estate, Near Pennighael, Isle of
Mull Hidden away 4 miles by track off the main road, in a truly
spectacular setting 300 yards from a lovely beach facing across to mainland
Scotland are two semi-detached holiday cottages, each a mirror image of the
other. East and West Carsaig are 24 miles from the car-ferry terminal at
Craignure and 20 miles from Fionnphort where boat-trips leave for Iona and
Fingal's Cave. Simple but comfortably furnished, they offer the ideal holiday
base for a family and can be booked singly or as a pair. Each property
comprises a sitting/dining room with open fire, a fully fitted kitchen, one
double and two twin bedrooms and a family bathroom. Their setting is truly
spectacular and only the deer and the birds in the forests behind will disturb
the peace. A small burn runs down at the side and front of the cottages.
Available mid March to October. From £295-£455 per week. Tel: +44
(0)1835 8222 77.
WWW: Carsaig Estate Web Page
Glengorm Castle, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QE. STB 4
Star B&B and 3-5 Star Self Catering. Overlooking the Inner and Outer
Hebrides on the northernmost tip of the Isle of Mull, majestic Glengorm Castle
stands in this truly magnificent area of coastline, forest, lochs and hills.
Dating from 1860, the Castle provides very special and unusual accommodation, a
place to really get away from it all. You'll find comfortable en-suite
bedrooms, cosy public rooms to relax in and a warm welcome from your hosts, the
Nelson family. And now you can choose fairytale Glengorm Castle for your
wedding - a magical setting for that special day. Self
catering accommodation at Glengorm Castle is available to cater for all
tastes. There are two luxury flats one within the castle and another, graded 5
Stars, plus a further six cottages in the grounds. Properties sleep from 2 to 6
guests, are comfortably furnished, well-equipped and maintained to a very high
standard. Fresh produce is available from the Glengorm Market Garden in season
and the Gallery and Coffee Shop is open from just before Easter to November for
light meals and snacks. Accommodation all year. B&B S/D/T
£140-£190. All prices are per room per night. Reductions for stays
of two nights or more. Self Catering from £340 per week. For further
information, or to make a booking, contact: Mr and Mrs T Nelson. Tel: 01688
302321. Fax: 01688 302738.
Haunn Cottages, Treshnish Point,
Calgary, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QX. A two mile drive along a farm track delivers you to another
world, where three historic blackhouses nestle into the landscape and a whitewashed
bungalow sits alone in open ground with wonderful sea views. East, Middle and West Blackhouses
were originally the homes of crofters who earned their living working both land and sea.
Sleeping 3, 2 and 4 guests respectively, these charming properties offer the chance to
really get away from it all. Toechtamhor is a unique Mull self catering cottage, sitting
in a fenced grassy garden, overlooking the wildflowers of the Coronation Meadow and enjoying
wonderful sea views over to the islands of Tiree, Rum and Skye. Toechtamhor sleeps 4
and is just a short 10 minute walk from the shore. The farm provides wonderful opportunities
for walking, exploring and discovering the many nearby beaches, including the beautiful
white sands of Calgary Beach. Open all year. Rates from £280-£655
per week. Tel: 01688 400249.
Dervaig, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QS. This well appointed stone house
simply oozes character and is set in 160 acres of private grounds in a stunning
location close to the village of Dervaig. Ideal for hosting a wedding party,
this is also a great base for a family holiday, with local beaches just a 10
minute walk away. Penmore House offers spacious accommodation for up to 10
guests and comprises a fully fitted kitchen, a triple aspect living room with
cosy sofas, a big HD TV with Freesat, a large dining table and feature wood
burning stove, 5 bedrooms including three doubles and two twins, a family
bathroom on the first floor and an additional shower room on the ground floor.
The house has a full size pool table, table football and Wi-Fi. Two cots and a
high chair are also provided. Outside there is ample parking, a BBQ and outdoor
furniture, children's swings and play boat and 6 adult bicycles are provided
for guests' use. Penmore is pet friendly and non smoking. Open all year. Rates
from £500 per week. Contact Jim and Pat Spence. Tel: 01688
Rock Cottage, Dervaig, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QJ. Nestling
among the trees on the edge of the village of Dervaig, Rock Cottage is a
detached property built by the owner in keeping with the traditional buildings
within this pretty conservation village. Rock Cottage is spacious, well
appointed and comfortable, having a large open plan kitchen/living/dining room,
two bedrooms - one a double the other a twin - a family bathroom with a bath
with shower over and a separate laundry cupboard. Outside there is off-road
parking for two cars, undercover storage for bicycles and a timber deck with
barbecue, table and chairs. You'll find all the village amenities within a
short walk from your door, including a hotel, general store and post office.
Calgary beach is only 4 miles from here and the island capital, Tobermory, just
9. Rates from £420-£490 per week. Includes WiFi. Please note: Rock
Cottage is non smoking and cannot accept pets. Contact Lucie Howard. Tel: 01688
Cottage, Salen, Isle of Mull. STB 3 Star Self Catering. In the village
of Salen, only a 15 minute drive from the ferry terminal at Craignure, Rowan
Cottage offers comfortable self catering accommodation for up to 4 guests. The
property comprises a fully fitted dining kitchen, a cosy sitting room with open
coal fire, lounge seating and a TV, two bedrooms - one double and one twin -
and a shower room. Parking is available directly across the road from the
property and there are is a shop, hotel and an Italian restaurant in the
village. You'll find Rowan Cottage the ideal base from which to explore the
island and the other small isles. There is good walking on the island, cycle
hire is available in the village, both freshwater and sea fishing spots are
only a short drive away and Mull has two 9 hole golf courses. Open all year.
From £240 per week. We also have a cottage on Loch Ness - see our entry
for Kintore Cottage. Contact:
Graham Kyle. Tel: 0141 6386287/6387856. Mobile: 07802 607708.
By Bunessan, Isle of Mull, PA67 6DH. STB 3 Star Self Catering. This
relaxing 4 bedroom cottage is superbly located near Bunessan, within a short
driving distance of the stunning golden beaches and captivating wildlife of the
Ross of Mull. You'll find this a great place to relax and unwind and get away
from it all. Salachran is perfect for families, groups of friends, and anyone
who loves the outdoors (walkers are very welcome). It sleeps 8 comfortably, but
don't be put off if you are only a couple, our cosy living room (fully equipped
with wood burning stove), and our West-facing sun lounge mean that you
certainly won't rattle around in the cottage. Salachran has been cared for and
enjoyed by the Mathie family and friends for generations. It is a special
place, and provides the perfect base from which to explore all that Mull has to
offer. Open all year. Rates from £300-£625 per week. See our
website for more information and latest availability or contact Harriet Mathie
on Tel: 01274 596194.
Bunessan, Isle of Mull.
We have 3 cottages - 10, 8 and 2 beds - set on a working farm on the Ross of Mull,
two miles from the village of Bunessan, and overlooking Loch Assapol. Formerly a byre,
the larger properties offer spacious accommodation for large parties. Tigh Beag sleeps
10 in 2 doubles and 2 triple occupancy attic rooms. Tigh Mhor sleeps 8 in 2 doubles and
one attic room with 4 single beds. A connecting door between the cottages increases
capacity to 18 if combined, though they are usually let separately. Each cottage has
two bathrooms, a high spec kitchen with all modern appliances including dishwasher,
and a comfortable living space. The Bothy has one bedroom with twin beds, an en-suite
shower room and a vaulted kitchen/living area with woodburner. An ideal location for
walking & visiting beaches, with a track leading to some of the most secluded beaches
on Mull. Rates from £200-£700 per cottage per week inclusive of electricity. Pets
welcome in Tigh Beag and Tigh Mhor. Bed linen available to hire. Contact: The Estate
Office, Herriard Park, Basingstoke, Hants, RG25 2PL. Tel: 01256 381275.
Bunessan, Isle of Mull, PA67 6DU. Suidhe Farm cottages comprise Fraoch
(Heather), Caorann (Rowan) and Ros-Mairi (Rosemary), three newly built 2
bedroom holiday cottages set in grazing land, within easy walking distance of
the village of Bunessan, and conveniently placed for visits to Iona and the
numerous sandy beaches that can be found on this part of the island. The
cottages were built using modern materials, but in a traditional style and are
furnished and equipped to a high standard, including satellite TV, telephone
and WiFi access. The cottages are the perfect place for relaxation in
comfortable surroundings, a slow pace of life, and easy access to the rugged
but beautiful countryside. Open all year. Rates from £320-£599 per
week including provision of bed linen, supply of all electricity, WiFi and
reasonable telephone use. Contact: Tony or Jenny. Tel: 01681 700668.
Dervaig, Isle Of Mull, PA75 6QJ. Temple cottage is a cosy detached
traditional highland cottage over 200 years old set in its own private garden
in the conservation village of Dervaig. Perfect for walkers, nature lovers and
romantic couples. The cottage comprises: entrance hall, lounge, kitchen, double
bedroom and shower room. There is free electric heating throughout, satellite
TV and Wi-Fi. Dervaig has a well stocked village shop and pub. There are
numerous fascinating walks, amazing views and wildlife galore such as eagles,
deer, otters and seals within minutes of stepping out of the cottage. Open all
year. Rates from £300-£400 per week. Low season short breaks of
three or more nights offered at £50 per night. Please note: Temple
Cottage is non smoking and does not accept dogs. Contact Diane Dewhurst. Tel:
+44 (0) 1688 400 454.
Traigh Mhor, Near
Bunessan, Isle of Mull. Close to Bunessan, six miles from the Iona
ferry, Traigh Mhor is a traditional three bedroom holiday cottage which simply
oozes charm and character. This cosy property offers comfortable accommodation
for up to 6 guests and comprises a fully fitted kitchen/dining room, a utility
room, a separate sitting room with open fire, one downstairs double bedroom
with, as an orginal feature, the croft's original cooking range, a further
double bedroom and a twin room upstairs, plus a family bathroom. All bed linen,
bathmats, tea towels, electricity, heating, coal for the fire and WiFi are
included. Guests should bring their own towels. Traigh Mhor is a favourite with
families, those who love the outdoors and wildlife. It is ideally placed on the
Ross of Mull for exploring the spectacular scenery and beautiful beaches of the
south west corner of the island, as well as further afield. Open all year.
Rates from £475-£795 per week. Contact Kari Payne. Tel: 01954
Treshnish Cottages, Treshnish Point,
Calgary, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QX. Comprising 4 traditional farm cottages - Shian and Duill,
Sheiling and Studio - Treshnish Cottages are in an idyllic spot, with views over to
the Isle of Coll and beyond. Located on a working farm, they are just under a mile from
the main road and benefit from sustainable heating and power taken from the farm's own
small wind turbines. Shian and Duill are neighbours with Shian sleeping up to 4 and Duill 3.
They come well equipped and share a grassy garden just beyond the farm square. Sheiling
is a small traditional blackhouse which sleeps 2 and is a short 10 minute walk from
the shore. Studio is our largest property. Sleeping up to 6 guests, this stylish farm
steading conversion is spacious and comfortable and has a sun room. The farm provides
wonderful opportunities for walking, exploring and discovering the many nearby beaches,
including the beautiful white sands of Calgary Beach. Open all year. Rates from £280-£705
per week. Tel: 01688 400249.
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- 6 Struthan Terrace Crossapol, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6UR.
- Achnadrish Self Catering Achnadrish House, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QF.
- Accommodation Tobermory Beadoun Cottage, Eas Brae, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6PS. STB 3- 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ach-na-Brae Cottages Tiraghoil, Bunessan, Isle of Mull, PA67 6DU. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Anchorage Cottage Fionnphort, Isle of Mull, PA66 6BL.
- Ardnacross Aros, Isle of Mull, PA72 6TS.
- Ardbeg House Self Catering Isle of Iona, PA76 6SP.
- Ard Shellach Salen, Isle of Mull. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Argyll House Salen, Isle of Mull, PA72 6JG.
- Baliscate Apartments Baliscate, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QA. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Barrachandroman Kinlochspelve, Lochbuie, Isle of Mull, PA62 6AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ben Bhuidhe House Calgary, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QT.
- Brooke Cottage Lochdon, Isle of Mull, PA64 6AP.
- Bruach Roineach Calgary, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QT.
- Calgary Cottages Calgary, By Dervaig, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QW.
- Calgary Farmhouse Calgary, by Dervaig, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QQ.
- Cill-Mhoire Lodges Dervaig, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QN. STB 3 Star Self Catering. Assisted wheelchair access.
- Cnoc Bhiosta Kilmaluaig, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6XB.
- Cnoc Deaghuinn Penmore, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QS.
- Corrieyairack Dervaig, PA75 6QW. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- The Cottage Lower Square, Hynish, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6UG.
- Craigmore Cottage Gruline, Aros, Isle of Mull, PA71 6HR.
- Crannich Holiday Caravans Aros, Isle of Mull, PA72 6JP.
- Cuckoo House - Lodge on the Water Self Catering cottages. Quinish House, Dervaig, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QL.
- Daisy Brae Salen, Aros, Isle of Mull, PA72 6JB.
- Deerside Gramercy, Eas Brae, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QA.
- The Door Trust Centre By Calgary, Isle of Mull.
- Eastcroft Holiday Cottage Lochdon, Isle of Mull, PA64 6AP.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Erisgeir Holiday Cottage Ardfenaig, Near Bunessan, Isle of Mull, PA67 6DX. Awaiting STB Grading.
- Faoileann Ghlas Glen Forsa, Isle of Mull, PA72 6JN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- The Farmhouse Barrachandroman, Lochbuie, Isle of Mull, PA62 6AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Fingal Cottage Lochdon, Isle of Mull, PA64 6AP.
- Glenaros Farm Cottages Isle of Mull, PA72 6JP.
- Glenview Self Catering Dervaig, Isle of Mull. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Gruline House Gruline, Isle of Mull, PA71 6HS. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Half Moon House Glen Road, Dervaig, Isle Of Mull, PA75 6QW. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Heriot Cottage Aros Bridge, Salen, Isle of Mull, PA72 6JP.
- Hideaway Lodges Gruline, Isle of Mull, PA71 6HR. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Isle of Mull Self Catering Penmore, Dervaig, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QS.
- Lighthouse View Scarinish, Isle of Tiree.
- Machair Cottage Balevullin, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6XD.
- Morton Boyd House Lower Square, Hynish, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6UG.
- Na Croitean Uisken Road, Bunessan, Isle Of Mull, PA67 6DS. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Newcrofts Self Catering Uisken Road, Bunessan, Isle of Mull, PA67 6DS. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Oakfield Cottage Tobermory, Isle of Mull.
- The Old Smithy Creag Mhor, Cornaigbeg, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6UZ.
- Penmorebeg Dervaig, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QR.
- Port A'mhuillin Cottage Baugh, Scarinish, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6UN.
- Puffer Aground Cottages Salen, Isle Of Mull, Argyll, PA72 6JB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Puffin Cottage Torloisk, Isle Of Mull, Argyll, PA74 6NH. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Quinish Cottages Quinish Estate, Dervaig, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QL.
- River Cottage Dervaig Road, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QF.
- The Rowans 2 Breadalbane Street, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6PN. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Seabank Cottage Tiroran, Isle of Mull, PA69 6ES. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Seaview Cottage Salen, Aros, Isle of Mull, PA72 6JB. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Shieling Holidays Camping Park Craignure, Isle of Mull, PA65 6AY. STB 5 Star Camping Park.
- Shieling Holidays Cottage Craignure, Isle of Mull, PA65 6AY.
- Shore Cottage Isle of Iona, PA76 6SP.
- The Smithy Ballygown, Isle of Mull, PA73 6LU.
- Spey Cottage Breadalbane Street, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6PD.
- Stronbeag Cottage Western Road, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6PR.
- Taigh Bean Iain Crofts, Caolis, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6TS.
- Taigh Foise Kintra, Fionnphort, Isle of Mull, PA66 6BT. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Access for visitors with mobility difficulties.
- Tigh na Acha 8 Western Road, Tobermory, Isle Of Mull, PA75 6RA. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Tiree Holiday Cottages Isle of Tiree.
- Tiree Cottages 3 Heanish, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6UL.
- Tobermory Campsite Newdale, Tobermory, Isle of Mull, PA75 6QF. STB 3 Star Touring Park.
- Tostarie House Torloisk, Isle of Mull, PA74 6NH. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Traigh Mhor 3 Kirkapol, Isle of Tiree, PA77 6TW.
- White House Lodge Isle of Coll, PA78 6TE.