Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. We also offer collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Motorhome Hire.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The Isle of Skye is the largest and the most northerly of the Inner Hebrides. With a population of some 9,200 people, Skye measures some 50 miles from north to south and comprises a series of peninsulas radiating out from a mountainous core. It is still possible to pass "over the sea" to Skye using a choice of ferries, but since 1995 most visitors have reached the island over the Skye Bridge, which since 21 December 2004 has been toll free. ( More ...)
On This Day
19 February 1314: Roxburgh Castle is captured from the English by Sir James Douglas, the Black Douglas, who disguises his men as cows.
Today's header slides are a view of a reconstructed Iron Age crannog on Loch Tay at the Scottish Crannog Centre near Kenmore; and an image of a Saltire, the flag of Scotland and one of the oldest flags in the world.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two large holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.