Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Cruising and Boat Charters. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are a view of Scapa Distillery, standing at the head of Scapa Bay south of Kirkwall in Orkney; and of the effigy of a knight on the Findlater and Boyne Tomb in Old Fordyce Church in Aberdeenshire.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Craigievar Castle stands on the west side of a valley in the beautiful rolling countryside that forms the eastern foothills of the Cairngorms, some six miles south of Alford in Aberdeenshire. The castle is reached via a single track road that leaves the A980 at a well signposted junction before climbing for a little over half a mile to the car park. Scotland has many castles, but there is something truly unique about Craigievar. ( More ...)
On This Day
29 November 1872: The scientist, mathematician and writer, Mary Somerville dies in Italy.
Jump Cut by Helen Grant (28 September 2023).
The Simulacrum is the most famous lost movie in film history – would you tell someone your darkest secrets, just to lay hands on a copy? 104-year-old
Mary Arden is the last surviving cast member of a notorious lost film. Holed up in Garthside, an Art Deco mansion reputed to be haunted, she has always
refused interviews. Now Mary has agreed to talk to film enthusiast Theda Garrick. The spirit of The Simulacrum walks Garthside by night, and it will
turn an old tragedy into a new nightmare...
Read our full review.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Sykes Holiday Cottages, providing a great choice of self-catering accommodation throughout Scotland.
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Holidaycottages.co.uk offer over 750 hand-picked holiday cottages in wonderful locations across Scotland.
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is the fast-paced thriller A Tangled Web.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- First Mortgage Scotland's leading mortgage advisors, providing fee-free and impartial mortgage advice.
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with Celtic Routes on great routes with stunning hotels.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk