Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Wildlife Tours and Holidays. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of the magnificent Blair Castle, ancient seat of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl, in Blair Atholl in Perthshire; and a view of the lovely little harbour at Cove, near Cockburnspath in the Scottish Borders.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The Bo'ness & Kinneil Railway is operated by the Scottish Railway Preservation Society. The Society was founded in 1961 in Edinburgh, later moving to Falkirk before settling at Bo'ness in 1979. The site at Bo'ness lies just to the north of the town centre. It comprises Bo'ness Station at one end of the line that extends to Birkhill Station and Manuel plus the display sheds housing the Scottish Railway Exhibition. ( More ...)
On This Day
23 April 1661: Charles II is crowned King of England at Westminster Abbey: he had been crowned King of Scotland ten years earlier.
There's Always the Hills by Cameron McNeish (15 February 2018).
From his home in the Cairngorms, Cameron McNeish reflects on a life dedicated to the outdoors. He has for almost forty years written and talked
about walking and climbing in Scotland. A prolific author, he has led treks in the Himalayas and Syria, edited The Great Outdoors Magazine,
establishing it as Britain's premier walking publication, created new long-distance walks and made television series, campaigned for Scottish
independence and raised a family with his wife, Gina.
Read our full review.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- If you want to travel to Scotland, a European Health Insurance Card is the first step.
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two large holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.