Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Golf Tours and Holidays. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are a view of Elcho Castle near Perth, one of the most enjoyable castles to visit in Scotland; and of the 31ft high William Wallace Statue overlooking the Tweed Valley in the Scottish Borders.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The road east from Port Ellen on Islay leads to three world famous distilleries. The first is Laphroaig. A turning on your right leads into a stand of trees and the visitor car park. From here a pedestrian route leads down an attractive passage between distillery buildings and past the distillery office to the visitor centre, whose entrance is in the gable end of the more westerly of the two large ranges of buildings which make up so much of Laphroaig. ( More ...)
On This Day
26 August 1565: Mary Queen of Scots leads an army out of Edinburgh to supress a rebellion led by her half brother James Stewart, 1st Earl of Moray, who is opposed to her marriage. She puts the rebellion to flight in what becomes known as the Chaseabout Raid.
26 August 1875: The birth in Perth of John Buchan, the lawyer and politician who became Governor General of Canada, and is most widely remembered as a prolific author of a wide range of fiction and non-fiction books,
The Danger of Life by Ken Lussey (10 May 2019).
It is late 1942. Group Captain Robert Sutherland's first week in charge of Military Intelligence 11's operations in Scotland is not going smoothly.
An investigation into a murder at the Commando Basic Training Centre in the Highlands take an even darker turn that draws Bob in personally. He is also trying
to discover who was behind an attempt to steal an advanced reconnaissance aircraft; and then Monique Dubois in MI5 asks for his help with an operation
of hers in Glasgow that has gone badly wrong.
Read our full review.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Hop and Thistle Tours provide all-inclusive luxury walking holidays along the South Loch Ness Trail.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Year round self catering accommodation in the Cairngorms National Park.
- Take a look at our suggestions for the top four driving roads in Scotland including Applecross.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- A great range of self catering castles and large holiday homes in Scotland with Scotts Castle Holidays.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- A fantastic selection of hand-picked cottages in Scotland by Sykes Holiday Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- If you want to travel to Scotland, a European Health Insurance Card is the first step.
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two large holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Applying for an ESTA visa waiver online could not be any easier.
- Small group and private tours of Scotland in comfort and luxury with Your Scotland Tour.