Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Walking and Climbing. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are a view of the busy harbour at Burghead in Moray; and the magnificent blind arches on the exterior of the chancel and apse of Leuchars Parish Church in the village of Leuchars in Fife.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Bladnoch Distillery stands on the north bank of the River Bladnoch in the village of Bladnoch, a mile south west of Wigtown. With a latitude that places it level with Carlisle and Sunderland in England it is, by a wide margin, Scotland's most southerly distillery. Its setting is beautiful and it looks especially good when viewed from the road that climbs up the far side of the valley of the River Bladnoch, with the Galloway Hills in the background. ( More ...)
On This Day
21 November 1638: The General Assembly of the Church of Scotland begins a month-long meeting in Glasgow despite the efforts of the King's Lord High Commissioner in Scotland, the Marquis of Hamilton, to dissolve it. By continuing with the meeting, the Assembly members effectively declare themselves as rebels against the King.
Extreme Scotland: A photographic journey through Scottish adventure sports by Nadir Khan (4 October 2018).
In Extreme Scotland, award-winning adventure-sports photographer Nadir Khan takes us on a jaw-dropping tour through Scotland's
epic mountain landscape. Nadir showcases his work with some of the best adventure athletes in the world including Ines Papert
and James Pearson in a portfolio that has placed him at the forefront of adventure-sports photography in the UK.
Read our full review.
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- A fantastic selection of hand-picked cottages in Scotland by Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- If you want to travel to Scotland, a European Health Insurance Card is the first step.
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two large holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- If you’re looking for a cheap parcel courier, this service is the one for you.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Year round self catering accommodation in the Cairngorms National Park.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- Take a look at our suggestions for the top four driving roads in Scotland including Applecross.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com