Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
Information about the Scottish government's COVID protection levels can be seen here.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Limousine and Taxi Hire. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of the distillation hall at the Borders Distillery in Hawick in glorious sunshine; and a view of the magnificent Tantallon Castle, a Historic Environment Scotland property near North Berwick.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The Renfrew to Yoker ferry provides a passenger-only ferry service across the 200m wide River Clyde between Renfrew on the south bank and Yoker on the north bank. Since April 2010 the service has been operated by Clyde Link. Ferries have been crossing the Clyde for millennia. Opinions differ about the history of this route, though by some accounts there was a ferry operating a little downstream of the current crossing as early as 1614. ( More ...)
On This Day
Edinburgh's Literary Heritage and How it Changed the World by Jan-Andrew Henderson (21 May 2021).
Edinburgh has a literary tradition like no other. In 2004, the capital became the first ever UNESCO City of Literature and its
book festival is the largest public celebration of the
written word on the planet. But that is merely scratching the surface. For centuries, work
written, set and published in the city, or directly influenced by Edinburgh, has changed the
face of the world. This book tells the fascinating history of Edinburgh’s literary legacy, and shows where it can still be found.
Read our full review.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Year round self catering accommodation in the Cairngorms National Park.
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with Celtic Routes on great routes with stunning hotels.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Search over 60,000 Last Minute Cottages in Scotland with great last-minute deals.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Welcome to Fort William: A place to relax and to play. Plan your visit at fortwilliam.co.uk
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Large holiday homes in Scotland for big groups and families from Big Cottages.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is The House With 46 Chimneys.