Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Business Services. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are a view of cottages and sea at Blairmore near Kinlochbervie on Sutherland's west coast; and Duffus Castle, not far from Lossiemouth in Moray, and originally built some time before 1150.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The Renfrew to Yoker ferry provides a passenger-only ferry service across the 200m wide River Clyde between Renfrew on the south bank and Yoker on the north bank. Since April 2010 the service has been operated by Clyde Link. Ferries have been crossing the Clyde for millennia. Opinions differ about the history of this route, though by some accounts there was a ferry operating a little downstream of the current crossing as early as 1614. ( More ...)
On This Day
1 December 1787: Scotland's first lighthouse lights up at Kinnaird Head, Fraserburgh. It is built by Thomas Smith and Robert Stevenson.
The High Road by Ken Lussey (15 September 2023).
A fast-paced thriller set mainly in central Scotland and the far north-west. Callum Anderson is in Scotland to scatter
his father’s ashes when he’s asked by a cousin to look for her missing sister, Alexandra. With his life in London in tatters
and suspended from duty by the Metropolitan Police, why not? It soon becomes clear that Alex is on the run from someone who sees
Callum as a means of finding her and adding to a trail of bodies across two countries. Can Callum find Alex before his
own hunter finds him?
Read our full review.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Sykes Holiday Cottages, providing a great choice of self-catering accommodation throughout Scotland.
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Holidaycottages.co.uk offer over 750 hand-picked holiday cottages in wonderful locations across Scotland.
- Arachnid Press Independent Scottish Publisher. Our latest release is the fast-paced thriller A Tangled Web.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- First Mortgage Scotland's leading mortgage advisors, providing fee-free and impartial mortgage advice.
- Luxury self drive guided Land Rover adventures with Celtic Routes on great routes with stunning hotels.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.