Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Wildlife Tours and Holidays. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of the Stones of Stenness, part of the Heart of Neolithic Orkney World Heritage Site on Orkney's West Mainland; and of Salisbury Crags and Arthur's Seat from Calton Hill in Edinburgh.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Highland Park is one of the best-known and most respected of Scotch whiskies. The sign on the gate says that Highland Park was established in 1796. The founder was Magnus Eunson, who had set up an illicit still near Kirkwall in Orkney. Folklore and history seem confused, but it seems Magnus Eunson was a local church officer who had on occasion escaped the attentions of the excisemen by hiding the whisky he produced under his pulpit. ( More ...)
On This Day
24 January 1446: The "Battle of Arbroath" takes place over who will succeed to the post of "Bailie of the Regality" at Arbroath Abbey. As many as 600 people are said to have been killed.
Lest You Be Judged by David Hutchison (28 August 2019).
When a High Court Judge is brutally murdered, DCI Mike Steel begins to piece together the jigsaw which will find his killer.
Aided by his new sergeant, DS Robin Moss, a fast-track university graduate, they discover there has been an escape from a secure
mental hospital and, after a Priest is murdered, they realise they are on the heels of a serial killer.
The jigsaw pieces appear to be a perfect fit until Moss uncovers one missing, and horrifying, piece.
Read our full review.
- Small group and private tours of Scotland in comfort and luxury with Your Scotland Tour.
- Card EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) provides health cover in the UK, Europe and Switzerland.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Hop and Thistle Tours provide all-inclusive luxury walking holidays along the West Highland Way.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Year round self catering accommodation in the Cairngorms National Park.
- Take a look at our suggestions for the top four driving roads in Scotland including Applecross.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- A great range of self catering castles and large holiday homes in Scotland with Scotts Castle Holidays.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- A fantastic selection of hand-picked cottages in Scotland by Sykes Holiday Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two large holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Applying for an ESTA visa waiver online could not be any easier.
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.