Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. We also offer collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Activities and Special Interests.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Barry Mill is an extremely rare example of a working water-powered oatmeal mill. It is powered by the water of the Barry Burn, better known for forming an obstacle on the famous Carnoustie Golf Links a short distance downstream. Barry Mill is fully functional and milling demonstrations take place, particularly on Sunday afternoons or for pre-booked groups. At other times the mechanism may be working though not milling and the resident miller gives guided tours. ( More ...)
On This Day
20 March 1936: The death in Buenos Aires of Robert Cunninghame Graham, the socialist politician who became the first president of the Scottish National Party.
20 March 1993: The theologian, philosopher, and logician John Duns Scotus is beatified by Pope John Paul II and seems destined for the path of sainthood.
Today's header slides are of the imposing frontage of Delgatie Castle near Turriff in Aberdeenshire; and a view of remote Loch Arkaig in the Western Highlands, said to be the hiding place of Jacobite gold.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- If you want to travel to Scotland, a European Health Insurance Card is the first step.
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two large holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.