Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Property Services. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides show Abbotsford, the magnificent home near Melrose in the Scottish Borders of literary superstar Sir Walter Scott; and a view of the landscape of North Uist, looking across Loch Euphort.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The village of Glenluce can be found nine miles east of Stranraer and close to the head of Luce Bay. Its Main Street twists and turns as it climbs up a hillside and is lined by stone, whitewashed and pastel coloured single and two storey cottages and houses, as well as the occasional larger building. This was once a very busy place indeed: until a bypass was built in 1989 the main road from Stranraer to Dumfries ran through the village. ( More ...)
On This Day
23 February 1716: Lady Winifred Maxwell, Countess of Nithsdale, effects the escape of her husband William from the Tower of London, where he is condemned to be executed for treason as a Jacobite the following day, by dressing him in women's clothes.
Fifty Years of Adventure by Kev Reynolds (22 November 2018).
Fifty Years of Adventure is a compilation of tales by Cicerone authors commemorating Cicerone's 50th year. A story to celebrate each
year Cicerone has been publishing outdoor activity guidebooks, the collection is a delicious hotpot of adventures in their every shape
and form. Accompanied by outstanding photography, each page of this finely crafted anniversary book is a veritable visual delight. As
enchanting as it is inspiring.
Read our full review.
- A great range of self catering castles and large holiday homes in Scotland with Scotts Castle Holidays.
- A fantastic selection of hand-picked cottages in Scotland by Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- If you want to travel to Scotland, a European Health Insurance Card is the first step.
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two large holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- If you’re looking for a cheap parcel courier, this service is the one for you.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Hop and Thistle Tours provide all-inclusive luxury walking holidays along the South Loch Ness Trail.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Year round self catering accommodation in the Cairngorms National Park.
- Take a look at our suggestions for the top four driving roads in Scotland including Applecross.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.