Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like. We also offer website design, maintenance and hosting services.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax. In addition we have collections of links to resources such as Tour Operators and Property Services. Or simply visit a random feature page.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Today's header slides are of Millport and its harbour on the island of Great Cumbrae in the Firth of Clyde; and a view of five hogback gravestones, part of the amazing Govan Stones on view in Govan Old Church.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Glenturret Distillery stands beside the Turret Burn a mile north of the centre of Crieff. You reach it via a well signposted minor road that heads north from the A85 just outside the town. The signposts to look out for are to "The Famous Grouse Experience", which is hosted by the distillery, and you know you are getting close when you see the white painted buildings and disused pagodas. The car park is just beyond the buildings. ( More ...)
On This Day
13 August 1907: The birth in India of Sir Basil Spence, the architect who produced many buildings in the UK and beyond in the Modernist/Brutalist style.
Scottish Plant Lore: An Illustrated Flora by Gregory J. Kenicer (21 May 2020).
Scotland's plants define its landscape. Plants have shaped the country's domestic economy and culture over centuries, providing
resources for agriculture and industry as well as food, drink and medicines. They have even inspired children's games and been
used as components in magical charms. Drawing together traditional knowledge with the work of some of the country's finest
botanical artists, this book is a magnificent celebration of Scottish plant lore.
Read our full review.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Silverglades Holiday Homes Year round self catering accommodation in the Cairngorms National Park.
- Cottage Gems A fabulous collection of luxury, stylish and 5 star holiday properties in the UK and Ireland.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- A great range of self catering castles and large holiday homes in Scotland with Scotts Castle Holidays.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- A fantastic selection of hand-picked cottages in Scotland by Sykes Holiday Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For comfortable self-catering holiday cottages in Scotland visit Interhome.co.uk
- Newburgh Holiday Lets Two large holiday houses in the beautiful Ettrick valley in the Scottish Borders.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- Applying for an ESTA visa waiver online could not be any easier.
- Cottages & Castles A fabulous selection of self-catering properties for your perfect Scottish escape.
- Small group and private tours of Scotland in comfort and luxury with Your Scotland Tour.
- Enjoy a luxury Scottish country house experience at pet-friendly Trigony House Hotel & Garden Spa.
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Hop and Thistle Tours provide all-inclusive luxury walking holidays along the West Highland Way.