Ard Daraich Garden Studio, Ardgour, Fort William, PH33
7AB. On the shores of Loch Linnhe and at the entrance to Glen Gour, Ard
Daraich is well placed to enjoy all that's good about the Western Highlands.
What was once the garage of Constance Spry and then the potting shed for Ard
Daraich Hill Garden & Nursery, is now a self-catering Garden Studio
offering highly appointed accommodation for 2 guests. A large open-plan living
area includes a fully fitted kitchen with integrated appliances and has a
woodburner and two sofas. French doors open out onto a small self contained
garden with terrace. Upstairs is also open plan with a king-size bed and
en-suite bathroom. This eco-friendly property features underfloor heating
throughout and also has a drying room. Guests are welcome to enjoy the 8 acres
of garden surrounding Ard Daraich. Open all year. Rates from £425 per
week. Short breaks available. 3 night low season weekends @£250 and 4
night low season midweeks @£285. Contact Norrie and Anna Maclaren. Tel:
Ardtornish House and
Cottages, Ardtornish Estate, Morvern, by Strontian, PA80 5UZ. Situated
on the stunning West Coast of Scotland, Ardtornish Estate is located on the
shores of Lochaline on the Morvern peninsula. Guests can choose between one of
5 Victorian Apartments within the grand Ardtornish House or one of 6
traditional stone built, self-catering cottages across the estate. Guests can
explore the 28 acre gardens and wider estate, with 20 miles of coastline,
castles, woodlands rich with wildlife, freshwater lochs with golden sandy
beaches. A range of outdoor activities are also available. Cosy and
comfortable, each property has a unique mix of vintage and contemporary
décor, a fully equipped kitchen, Sky TV*, Wi-Fi, open fire or wood
burning stove and barbeque sleeping from 4 to 18 (*excluding The Boat House).
All linens and towels are available for an extra charge. With plenty of
fantastic fresh local produce to enjoy, including estate beef, lamb and
venison, guests can enjoy delicious catering either at home or at the nearby
renowned, multi award winning Whitehouse Restaurant which comes highly
recommended. Open all year, and with rates from £340 per week, Ardtornish
Estate offers all the ingredients for the perfect family holiday in one of the
most spectacular wild landscapes in the UK. Dogs welcome at a small additional
charge. Tel: +44 (0) 1967 421 288.
Bluebell Croft, Strontian. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
Bluebell Croft consists of 2 separate self-catering properties - Honeysuckle
House and Rose Cottage - which share a spectacular, elevated West Coast
location on the Ardnamurchan peninsula, with stunning mountain views across the
Strontian glen. The 4 bedroomed Honeysuckle House sleeps up to 8 and the 2
bedroomed Rose Cottage 2 to 4. Both houses may be combined, via a beautiful
sun-room, to create a unique space for larger gatherings sleeping 12 in great
comfort, or up to 16 with extra beds for children. The huge sun-room, normally
used by Honeysuckle, leads out to a perfectly situated hot tub. Both properties
have Category 1 disabled access downstairs. Family and pet friendly. Great for
all out-door pursuits and wildlife enthusiasts. The properties lend themselves
perfectly as a unique wedding venue for small groups and a secluded and
tranquil honeymoon destination. Open all year. Rates from £600 per week
fully inclusive, Friday to Friday. Short break, last minute and low occupancy
rates in Honeysuckle House may be available. Contact: Chris and Chrissie
Morgan. Tel: 01967 402226.
Bunallt Eachain Cottage, Near Salen. Bunallt Eachain
enjoys a picture postcard setting on the shores of Loch Sunart. Set in a pretty
garden, reached by a bridge and surrounded by water on three sides, each high
tide creates your own private island heaven. The cottage has recently been
extended and modernised to provide homely accommodation for up to six guests in
three bedrooms. There is a well-equipped kitchen and the sitting room has an
open fire. Additional heating is by metered electricity (£15 allowance
included). All bed linen and towels are supplied. Midway between Salen and
Strontian, Bunallt Eachain is ideally placed for exploring the unique geography
of the Ardnamurchan Peninsula. And within the scope of a day's driving are
Mallaig, Fort William, the Road to the Isles and Loch Ness. From
£395-£635 per week. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Bunallt Eachain Cottage Web Page
Drimnin House and cottage holidays, Drimnin, Morvern, PA80
5XZ. Jutting into the Atlantic but sheltered between Ardnamurchan to the
north and the Isle of Mull to the south, Drimnin Estate occupies 7,000 acres of
the western tip of the little-known Morvern peninsula. Combining rugged
coastline, ancient woodland, heather moorland and rich pastures, Drimnin lies
at the end of the public road. Accommodation on Drimnin Estate is available in
both Drimnin House (sleeping 16+4) and in 3 self catering cottages. Drimnin
House has some 30 rooms, including eight bedrooms and reception rooms with stunning
views over the Sound of Mull. Drimnin House is available for family holidays and
special occasions such as weddings, vow renewals, christenings, corporate activities,
country pursuits and filming and is offered fully catered. The Estate has its own
restored chapel. The 3 self catering cottages comprise The Lodge, Ena's Cottage
and Achleanan Farmhouse, sleeping 2, 4 and 6 respectively. Open all year.
Contact Rhonda Newsham. Tel: 07714 248425.
Cottage, Glenancross, Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PD. This 19th century farm
steading cottage is set around a cobbled courtyard and has been recently
refurbished to provide comfortable accommodation for up to 6 guests. Ideal for
a family, this well appointed property comprises a fully fitted dining kitchen
will all modern appliances, a cosy lounge with open coal fire, Freesat TV, a
DVD player and two comfortable sofas including one sofabed, one double bedroom,
a second bedroom with a double bed and bunk beds and a family bathroom. You'll
find pleny to see and do here, from exploring the amazing Silver Sands of
Morar, taking a boat trip out of Arisaig or the ferry to Skye from Mallaig, to
a scenic drive into nearby Fort William to ride the gondola up Aonach Mor or
just to browse the shops. Open all year. Rates from £310-£510 per
week including provision of bed linen (except cot linen), towels, use of
oil/electricity and a bucket of coal. Contact: Stephen Friel.
Cottage, Morar, Nr Mallaig, PH40 4PA. STB 3 Star Self Catering. If
you're looking for somewhere you can relax and unwind, then this is the place
for you. Centrally located in the village and only three miles from Mallaig on
the romantic 'Road to the Isles', Essan Cottage is the traditional station
master's bungalow for Morar Railway station. This charming property offers
comfortable accommodation for up to four guests and comprises one double and
one twin bedded room, as well as a comfortable lounge, well equipped kitchen
and spacious bathroom with toilet and shower. There is a small garden and
parking for two cars. A cot and highchair can be provided for an additional
infant guest. Morar's elevated location offers wonderful views over the
beautiful 'Silver Sands', the magnificent white beaches just awaiting your
exploration. Open all year. From £200-£450 per week. Contact:
Alistair MacLeod. Tel: 01687 460014.
Kilchoan Estate, Inverie, Knoydart,
Kilchoan Estate comprises 13,500 acres of breathtaking scenery, including rivers, lochs, low level walks
and Munros. The Estate has 5 first class self catering properties, each within a 5 minute walk of one another.
Our smallest property is Tigh na Dobhran, a charming cottage sleeping up to 4 in two bedrooms. It has a vaulted
ceiling to its open-plan living space and floor to ceiling windows. The Fank is a delightful cottage built up
from the old sheep fank and sleeps up to 4 guests in 2 twin rooms. Sitting on its own it enjoys magnificent views.
The Barn and Tigh-na-Broc both sleep 6. The Barn is ideal group accommodation, whilst newly renovated Tigh-na-Broc
has 3 separate bedrooms and is right next door to Tigh na Dobhran, making a block booking an ideal choice for two
groups or families. Our larger properties include the superbly appointed Kilchoan Farmhouse sleeping 8 and Druim
Bothy sleeping 10. Open all year. Rates from £450 per week. For further information contact Jacqui on Tel:
Knoydart Cottage, Inverie,
Near Mallaig. Located in one of the last wildernesses in Britain,
Knoydart Cottage is the ultimate get away from it all destination. Accessible
only by boat from Mallaig or walked into over a couple of days through the
hills from Kinloch Hourn, there is no point in taking the car, as there is
really nowhere to drive it! The settlement of Inverie boasts a pub, Post Office
and restaurant and overlooks Loch Nevis. Knoydart Cottage sits within the
village in a quarter acre garden and has views over the Loch to the mountains
beyond. The property is cosy and comfortable and can sleep up to 4 guests in
twin and double bedrooms. The charming lounge has an open fire. For all its
remoteness you'll find no shortage of things to do, from organised boat trips
to some challenging and not so challenging walking. From £285-£470
per week. Please note this is a no smoking house. Up to two well behaved pets
welcome by arrangement. Tel: +44 (0)1835 822277.
WWW: Knoydart Cottage Web Page
Knoydart Lodge, Inverie, Knoydart, PH41
4PL. Unique to Knoydart, Knoydart Lodge offers the perfect balance of private
and communal accommodation. By renting a private room and sharing the living spaces,
our guests experience the luxury living of a self catering Highland Lodge without the
price tag. This beautiful home has a large open plan layout, high vaulted ceilings,
open beam architecture and gorgeous views out to the community market garden and Loch
Nevis. There are five private, luxury, ensuite guest bedrooms, plus a communal kitchen,
lounge and outdoor space. Whilst giving guests the opportunity to meet new people and
share the adventure, Knoydart Lodge is the perfect venue for all types and sizes of groups
- from couples looking for a romantic getaway to parties of outdoor enthusiasts looking
to bag the munros! Please note: for the remainder of 2016, Knoydart Lodge is available to
book as a large self catering house sleeping up to 10 guests and a separate apartment
sleeping 2. From 31 March 2017 booking will be by private room rental as outlined in this
listing. For further information, visit the website linked below. Rates from only £30 per
person per night.
Loch View Cottage, Glenborrodale, Ardnamurchan.
Located in the village of Glenborrodale on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula, Loch
View Cottage offers comfortable non smoking accommodation for up to 6 guests.
This charming property lies just a few yards from the shore of beautiful Loch
Sunart which is a haven for wildlife and a dream location for photographers.
The sea angling can be productive, there are brown trout lochs in the vicinity
and great hill walking in the area. The centrally heated accommodation
comprises a fully fitted kitchen, large comfortable lounge with wood-burning
stove and free view satellite TV, 3 double bedrooms, one with wash hand basins
and a family bathroom. The cottage has free wireless broadband and a payphone.
Open all year. Rates from £425-£795 per week including provision of
all bed linen. Logs and electricity are free. Dogs are welcome. Contact: Allan
Coutts. Tel: 01852 300231. Mobile: 07802 917882.
Mingarry Lodges, The Old Chapel House,
Mingarry, Acharacle, PH36 4JX. STB 4 Star Self Catering. Stay in one of two exclusive
Scandinavian-style self catering cabins set in woodlands with views over Acharacle Moss to Loch
Shiel and Ben Resipole. Mingarry Lodges are equipped to the highest standard and combine rustic
charm with traditional home comforts. Hooting and Tooting Lodges each sleep up to 4 guests in
double and twin bedrooms. There is a well equipped kitchen, a stylish dining area and a
comfortable sitting room with leather sofas, flat screen TV, DVD player and WiFi Internet.
There is bathroom on the upper floor and a separate shower room downstairs. Enjoy close
encounters with pine martens, red squirrels and other Highland wildlife. A perfect retreat
for walking and wildlife enthusiasts, and a great base to explore Ardnamurchan and Lochaber.
Open all year. Ideal for couples of families. Rates from £352 to £540 per week. Short breaks
from £233. Contact: Jayne Theaker. Tel: 01967 431532. Mobile 07708 468843.
WWW: See our Upfront Reviews
Tom Fraoich Chalet, Cnoc nam Fiadh,
Strontian, By Acharacle, PH36 4HY. STB 3 Star Self Catering. Close to the village of
Strontian on the Ardnamurchan Peninsula, Tom Fraoich Chalet is set in an acre of garden, with
wonderful views to the hills. This is the perfect base for a walking holiday, for a wildlife
and bird watching holiday or for simply getting away from it all. The well appointed accommodation
comprises a spacious kitchen with dining area, a lounge with comfortable seating, a TV and books
to read, one double bedroom, one twin bedroom, a family bathroom and a separate shower room.
Outside there is an enclosed garden with ample parking, garden furniture and a barbecue. Open
all year. Rates from £370 per week including all bed linen, towels, electricity and WiFi.
Pets welcome. Please note, this is a no smoking chalet. Contact: John Jackson. Tel: 01967 402470.
Mobile: 07733 301210.
Other Self Catering Accommodation
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the STB gradings mean? See here.
- Ach na skia Croft Arisaig, PH39 4NS. STB 3-4 Star Self Catering.
- Allt Ruadh Smirisary, Glenuig, Lochailort, PH38 4NG. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ardnamurchan Campsite and Study Centre Ormsaigbeg, Kilchoan, Acharacle, PH36 4LL.
- Ardnamurchan Estate Mingary House, Kilchoan, By Acharacle, PH36 4LH.
- Ardvullin Ardgour, Fort William, PH33 7AA. STB 2 Star Self Catering.
- Ardaros Monument Park, Strontian, PH36 4HZ. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ashbrae Cottage Glengarry Place, Arisaig, PH39 4NW.
- Bramble Cottage Strontian, Acharacle, PH36 4HZ.
- The Cart Barn The Square, Roshven, Lochailort, PH38 4NB.
- Ceithir Raithean Glenancross Farm, Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PD. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Corran Lighthouse Lodge Ardgour, Fort William, PH33 7AA. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Craig na Shee Anaheilt, Strontian, PH36 4JA.
- Creag Eiridh Loch Nevis, Knoydart. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Derryfad Holiday Cottage Back of Keppoch, Arisaig, PH39 4NS.
- Doire An Daimh Acharacle, PH36 4JL. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Dunlachlan Ardnastaing, Strontian, PH36 4HY.
- Ecosse Unique Holiday Cottages Unique country holiday cottages in stunning locations. All carefully selected and inspected to meet the highest standards.
- Feorag House Glenborrowdale, Acharacle, PH36 4JP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Fois a Chridhe Columba Road, Morar, PH40 4PA. Awaiting STB inspection.
- Glenfinnan Lodge Glenfinnan Estate, Glenfinnan, PH37 4LT. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Glenmore Holidays Port an Aiseig, Glenborrodale, Acharacle, PH36 4JP. STB 4-5 Star Self Catering.
- Goblhan Taighe 12 Roshven View, Arisaig, PH39 4NX.
- Highland & Hebridean Holidays 7 Gillies Park, Mallaig, PH41 4QU.
- Hoki Mai Cottage Glenborrodale, Acharacle, Ardnamurchan.
- The Kennels Pier Road, Kilchoan, Ardnamurchan.
- Kilmartin Holiday Cottages Kinloid Farm, Arisaig, PH39 4NS. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Knoydart Hide Luxury Self Catering Inverie, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Knoydart House Luxury Self Catering Inverie, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Laggan Ardnish, Inverailort, PH38 4NA.
- Leven Cottage Arisaig, PH39 4NR.
- Loch Morar Self Catering 4 Bracara, Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PE.
- Lochside Inverie, Knoydart, By Mallaig, PH41 4PL.
- Marino Lodge Roshven, Lochailort, PH38 4ND.
- Nevis Bank and Camus Mhor Cottages Arranmore, Mallaig Bheag, Mallaig, PH41 4QN. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Ockle Holidays 3 Pier Road, Kilchoan, PH36 4LJL.
- The Old Byre Lodge Self Catering Old Byre, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Rahoy Estate Holiday Cottages. Rahoy, Morvern, PA80 5XF.
- Rockpool House Resipole, Strontian, PH36 4HX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Resipole Farm Holiday Park Resipole Farm, Loch Sunart, Acharacle, PH36 4HX. STB 4 Star Holiday Park.
- Rockpool House Apartment Resipole, Strontian, PH36 4HX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Roshven Farm Lochailort, PH38 4NB. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Rowanhill Moss, Acharacle, PH36 4JY. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Sandaig Cottage Sandaig Bay, Knoydart, PH41 4PL.
- Sandholm Cottages Morar, Mallaig, PH40 4PA. STB 3 Star Self Catering.
- Shona Beag Luxury Self Catering Mingarry Park, Acharacle, PH36 4JX. STB 4 Star Self Catering.
- Shoreline Cottages Feorag, Glenborrodale, PH36 4JP. STB 5 Star Self Catering.
- Steading Holidays Kilchoan, By Acharacle, PH36 4LH.
- Strontian Holiday Cottages Ben View Hotel, Strontian, Acharacle, PH36 4HY.
- Sunnyside Croft Holidays 2 Bunacaimbe, Arisaig, PH39 4NT.
- Traigh Lodges Tigh na Bruaich, Traigh, Arisaig, PH39 4NT. STB 2-3 Star Self Catering.