Smiddy House, Spean Bridge, PH34 4EU. STB 4 Gold Star Guest House. AA 4
Gold Star Restaurant with Rooms. 2 AA Rosette Restaurant. Only 11 miles from
Fort William, the outdoor capital of the Highlands, The Smiddy House is located
in the pretty village of Spean Bridge and provides a great base for touring.
Our 4 en-suite rooms have the character of a traditional Highland dwelling, are
tastefully decorated with calming colours and are well appointed. For guests
arriving between 3pm and 5pm, a light afternoon tea is served in our Garden
room. For later arrivals, guests can enjoy sherry and home-made shortbread in
the comfort of their room. The Garden room also offers a place to rewind and
relax prior to dinner. Our 2 AA Rosette restaurant serves a range of dishes
concentrating on flavours and texture without being complicated. We source the
best of Scottish and local produce wherever possible. Open all year. B&B
from £45 per person per night. Contact Glen or Robert. Tel: +44 (0)1397
Other Eating & Drinking
- Know of a link that should be here? Please let us know.
Found a broken or misdirected link? Please report it.
Want to upgrade to a Photo Entry? See this page.
Want to know what the restaurant gradings mean? See here.
- Ben Nevis Inn Good food, drink and a friendly atmosphere with traditional folk, blues and jazz music throughout the season. Achintee, Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6TE.
- Crannog Seafood Restaurant The best of west coast seafood. Fort William, PH33 7PT.
- Glen Nevis Restaurant and Lounge Bar Dining in a relaxing and pleasant environment. Glen Nevis, Fort William, PH33 6SX.
- The Grog & Gruel Popular traditional alehouse and restaurant located half way along the High Street, Fort William at No.66.
- The Inn at Ardgour Ardgour, Fort William, PH33 7AA. STB 4 Star Inn.
- Inverlochy Castle Hotel Awarded 1 Michelin Star & 3 AA Rosettes. Torlundy, Fort William, PH33 6SN. Read the Undiscovered Scotland dining review for Inverlochy Castle Hotel.
- Lime Tree Awarded 1 AA Rosette. Hotel, restaurant and art gallery. Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ.
- Loch View Restaurant Corriegour Lodge Hotel, Loch Lochy, By Spean Bridge, PH34 4EB.
- Neptune's Restaurant Awarded 1 AA Rosette. Moorings Hotel, Banavie, Fort William, PH33 7LY.
- Nevisport Bar Tweedale, Fort William, PH33 6EJ.
- Old Pines Restaurant with Rooms Spean Bridge, By Fort William, PH34 4EG. STB 4 Star Restaurant with Rooms. Unassisted wheelchair access.
- Old Station Restaurant Restaurant in the former ticket office and waiting rooms of Spean Bridge Railway Station. Serving evening meals from 6pm. Station Road, Spean Bridge, PH34 4EP.
- Russell's at Smiddyhouse Awarded 2 AA Rosettes. Smiddy House, Spean Bridge, PH34 4EU.
- Snowgoose Restaurant Take the cable car to our restaurant at 2150ft. Nevis Range, Torlundy, Fort William, PH33 6SW.
- The Stronlossit Inn Roy Bridge, Fort William, PH31 4AG.