Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Summerlee, the Museum of Scottish Industrial Life, stands on the north west side of Coatbridge, between the centre of the town and Drumpellier Country Park. Coatbridge Central Station is a few hundred yards to the south, while Coatbridge Sunnyside Station is a similar distance to the east. Summerlee is a superb visitor attraction that should be high on the "must see" list of anyone visiting central Scotland, and all of us who live here. ( More ...)
On This Day
23 July 1637: A riot erupts in St Giles' Cathedral, Edinburgh, when when a street-seller called Jenny Geddes thows a stool at the Dean after he tries to use the Book of Common Prayer as newly imposed by King Charles I for use throughout his United Kingdom.
23 July 1946: The death of James Maxton, the socialist politician who became Chairman of the Independent Labour Party.
Today's header slides are of the beautiful beach at Calgary Bay, in the north west of the Isle of Mull; and a view from the south of the splendid Glamis Castle in Angus, one of the most visually pleasing castles in Scotland.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com