Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Scotland has some magnificently located castles. Think no further than Stirling Castle or Edinburgh Castle, both dominating the landscape for miles around. But if we had to pick just one to trust with our lives then it would be Dunnottar Castle. No other Scottish castle comes close in terms of a sense of sheer brooding impregnability. This is a castle which looks across to the nearby coastal cliffs and whose presence conveys a very simply message: "Don't mess with me." ( More ...)
On This Day
18 October 1801: Falling plasterwork during a service at the Laigh Kirk in Kilmarnock causes a stampede in which 29 people are killed.
19 October 1973: The boat belonging to internationally famous as country and western singer - and Shetland fisherman - Thomas Fraser runs aground and sinks.
Today's header slides are of Millport and its harbour on the island of Great Cumbrae in the Firth of Clyde; and a view of five hogback gravestones, part of the amazing Govan Stones on view in Govan Old Church.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- Scot Mountain Holidays Walking, biking and adventure holidays in Scotland plus family run lodge.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.