Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's New page and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
North Kessock lies on the south coast of the Black Isle, at the narrows where the Beauly Firth becomes the Moray Firth. Directly opposite is the city of Inverness. North Kessock is bypassed by the A9, which crosses the Kessock Bridge before cutting across the hillside behind most of the village. As a result North Kessock is spared through traffic. This makes it an idyllic spot, handy for Inverness, yet a million miles from the city bustle of its southern neighbour. ( More ...)
On This Day
1 July 1505: The Barber Surgeons of Edinburgh are granted a charter by the City Council enabling them to practise surgery within the city.
1 July 1543: The Treaty of Greenwich is agreed between King Henry VIII of England and the Earl of Arran, providing for the marriage of the then infant Mary, Queen of Scots to Henry's son. It is later repudiated by the Scottish Parliament.
Today's header slides are of the harbour in the extremely attractive town of Arbroath in Angus; and a view of the Ring of Brodgar, a superbly located stone circle standing at the heart of Orkney's Neolithic landscape.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- UK brides can find the best bridesmaid dresses online at Artweddings.co.uk.
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.