Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The Isle of Skye is the largest and the most northerly of the Inner Hebrides. With a population of some 9,200 people, Skye measures some 50 miles from north to south and comprises a series of peninsulas radiating out from a mountainous core. It is still possible to pass "over the sea" to Skye using a choice of ferries, but since 1995 most visitors have reached the island over the Skye Bridge, which since 21 December 2004 has been toll free. ( More ...)
On This Day
25 February 1822: The birth near Carlisle of Sir Thomas Bouch, the eminent railway engineer best known as the designer of the ill-fated Tay Rail Bridge, which collapsed with the loss of 75 lives on 28 December 1879.
26 February 1935: Radar pioneer Robert Watson-Watt successfully demonstrates the detection of radio signals being reflected off a circling RAF bomber in what became known as the Daventry Experiment.
26 February 1950: The death of Sir Harry Lauder, one of Scotland's greatest singers and entertainers.
Today's header slides are of the Skye Bridge, as seen from Am Ploc, a viewpoint above Kyle of Lochalsh; and Lagavulin Distillery, one of the three distilleries that can be found on the south coast of the Isle of Islay.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk