Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's New page and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Mary Queen of Scots lived from 8 December 1542 to 8 February 1587 and was Queen of Scotland from 1542 to 1567. Mary is the most intriguing, most studied, and most famous of all Scottish monarchs: probably because she showed herself to be the most human. Though styled "Queen of Scots" she was briefly also Queen of France, and could all so easily also have become what she was seen by many: the rightful Queen of England. ( More ...)
On This Day
8 December 1174: King William I, William the Lion, signs the Treaty of Falaise to secure his release from English captivity. This gives control of key Scottish castles to the English and acknowledges Henry II of England as his feudal superior.
8 December 1959: The lifeboat RNLB Mona, based at Broughty Ferry, capsizes in a storm in St Andrews Bay with the loss of all eight crew.
Today's header slides are of Corgarff Castle, standing in a wild and lonely spot at the head of Strathdon in Aberdeenshire; and a view of the south east shore of Loch Awe from the Taychreggan Hotel in Argyll.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk