Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's New page and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The small crofting township of Duirinish is found just under four miles north east of Kyle of Lochalsh and just under a mile south west of Plockton. The most direct road between the two passes through Duirinish, and that is how most people encounter this enchanting little place. You are unlikely to find a better preserved crofting township anywhere in Scotland. Duirinish stands a little back from both the north and south banks of the Allt Dhuirinish. ( More ...)
On This Day
24 October 1896: St Michael's Parish Church, Linlithgow, is rededicated after a major renovation.
Today's header slides are of the superb Castle Menzies, the traditional stronghold of the Chiefs of Clan Menzies near Aberfeldy: and a view along a remote and wintry Loch Mullardoch in the North West Highlands.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- UK brides can find the best bridesmaid dresses online at Artweddings.co.uk.
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk