Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's New page and Scotfax.
Clickable Map of Scotland
St Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland (and of Russia and Romania) and his feast day is celebrated on 30 November. This is also Scotland's national day, though debate continues in Scotland about whether St Andrew's Day should be a public holiday: currently it isn't. The legend is that some time around 750, St Andrew's relics were brought by St Regulus by sea from Constantinople to the settlement now known as St Andrews in Fife. ( More ...)
Returning visitors will already have seen that Undiscovered Scotland is changing. A totally new look and feel is the most obvious difference. At least as important for a site that is widely used by visitors travelling around Scotland is that the new design is fully responsive, meaning that it can be viewed at any screen size on any device from a smartphone via a tablet to a large screen desktop. It will take a little time for this transformation to be applied right across the site, so please bear with us while the process is under way.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
Or you can explore new or updated areas of the site, such as our Caithness & Sutherland, Isle of Arran, Islay, Jura and Colonsay, Mull, Iona, Coll & Tiree, Skye and Lochalsh, Shetland, Orkney, or Western Isles pages, all now converted to the new site design.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- UK brides can find the best bridesmaid dresses online at Artweddings.co.uk.
- Holiday Cottages Scotland Find the freedom: search thousands of cottages in one place.
- Wedding photography in Edinburgh the Lothians and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.