Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Brechin Cathedral stands on ground that rises above the north bank of Skinner's Burn, a tributary of the River South Esk, in the heart of the extremely attractive town of Brechin in Angus. The usual approach is by walking down the gentle hill of Church Lane from Church Street. As you reach the foot of the lane the north side of the cathedral opens up in front of you. The origins of Brechin Cathedral are thought to date back to the arrival of St Dubhoc or Duthoc in around 600AD. ( More ...)
On This Day
18 January 2009: Just a few weeks before the completion of a £4m restoration project, Raasay House is severely damaged by fire.
19 January 1644: A Scottish Covenanter army of 20,000 men under the command of Alexander Leslie moves south to support the Parliamentary Army.
Today's header slides are of Edinburgh Castle during a performance of the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo; and of the stunningly blue sea and white sand so typical of the Western Isles, in this case at Luskentyre on Harris.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.