Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's New page and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Lennoxlove House stands in the midst of an extensive estate just over a mile south of the centre of Haddington in East Lothian. One of the nicest of Scotland's many grand country homes and castles, it has a long and distinguished history. Since 1946 it has been the family home of the Dukes of Hamilton, and today it serves as a superb exclusive use venue and is open for guided tours. It also hosts an annual book festival each November. ( More ...)
On This Day
21 October 1971: A gas explosion at the Clarkston Toll shopping centre south of Glasgow kills 22 people.
Today's header slides are of Blair Castle in Perthshire, the ancient seat of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl; and a view of the Forth Bridge, or Forth Rail Bridge, the eighth wonder of the world when built, and still magnificent.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- UK brides can find the best bridesmaid dresses online at Artweddings.co.uk.
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com