Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's New page and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Brodie Castle lies a few miles west of Forres and is accessed from a well signposted minor road which turns north off the A96. The castle stands in extensive landscaped grounds, and as you enter them you pass the Rodney Stone, a very fine Pictish symbol stone moved here in the 1830s. The car park is set amid trees to the south of the castle, and as you emerge you are, on a good day at least, greeted by the wonderful view shown here. ( More ...)
On This Day
25 May 1660: King Charles II sails from Holland to Dover: the monarchy is restored.
25 May 1967: Celtic becomes the first British football club to win the European Cup. It fields a team of eleven Scots, all from west-central Scotland.
Today's header slides are of the attractive harbour at Lochboisdale on South Uist; and a view of Red Castle, standing on a bluff overlooking the broad sweep of Lunan Bay in Angus, one of Scotland's best beaches.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- UK brides can find the best bridesmaid dresses online at Artweddings.co.uk.
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Wedding photography in Edinburgh the Lothians and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com