Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's On? and What's New? pages and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
The Ruthwell Cross is the most magnificent Anglian cross in Scotland and is an early Christian monument of international importance. It was probably carved some time in the early to mid 700s at a time when this part of Dumfries and Galloway was under the control of the Anglo-Saxon kingdom of Northumbria. The Ruthwell Cross is a dramatically imposing piece of stone, standing some 5.2m or 17ft tall. ( More ...)
On This Day
27 March 1923: The eminent chemist and physicist Sir James Dewar, inventor of the vacuum flask, dies in London.
27 March 1943: The Royal Navy aircraft carrier HMS Dasher explodes and sinks off the Isle of Arran with the loss of 379 lives.
Today's header slides are a view the village of Port Charlotte, on the shore of Loch Indaal on Islay; and superb Traquair House near Innerleithen in the Scottish Borders, the oldest continuously inhabited house in Scotland.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- For a great choice of holiday cottages across the UK visit Countrycottagesonline.com
- Search over 100 self catering holiday parks, barn conversions & lodges in Scotland on holidayparkhol.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- Visit Absolute Escapes for tailor-made travel planning and independent walking holidays in Scotland.
- Wedding, family and other photography in central Scotland and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- First Mortgage Scotland’s leading mortgage advisors, giving fee-free and impartial whole of market advice.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.