Hello, and welcome to Undiscovered Scotland, the ultimate online guide to Scotland. The site is a combination of visitor guide, accommodation listing and business directory, and aims to show you what the country is really like.
You can navigate the site using clickable maps like the one on this page or the drop down menus. There are other resources to help you, including the Alphabetical Index, the Site Index, the Accommodation Index, the Late Availability listings page, the Search boxes on most pages (usually below a clickable map), the Site Information section, the Links section, the What's New page and Scotfax.
Accommodation can be accessed via the "Accommodation" menu at the top of many pages, including this one, or using the "See and Stay" menus at the top of many other pages.
Clickable Map of Scotland
Three quarters of a mile south west of the western roundabout on the A96 Forres by-pass is a roadside cafe called the Bervie Chipper. A flagstone path from the car park leads the short distance to a stone cairn. Nearby is the model of an aeroplane in flight and a square plinth carrying a metal information panel. This is the memorial to 19 Operational Training Unit, based at nearby RAF Forres during World War Two. ( More ...)
Returning visitors will already have seen that Undiscovered Scotland has changed.
A totally new look and feel is the most obvious difference. At least as important for a site that is widely used by visitors travelling around Scotland is that the new design is fully responsive, meaning that the site can be viewed at any screen size on any device from a smartphone via a tablet to a large screen desktop.
Simply want to explore? Take a chance and visit a random feature page on Undiscovered Scotland.
- For Scottish trust deed information visit Scotlands Trust Deed and find out if you qualify for help.
- A real country house experience and wonderful food at Trigony House Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway.
- For over 1,800 personally inspected self catering cottages across the UK visit holidaycottages.co.uk
- Apartments at Turnberry Luxury self-catering accommodation overlooking Ayrshire's beautiful coastline.
- For everything from one bedroom cottages to castles and large houses visit Mackaysholidays.com
- UK brides can find the best bridesmaid dresses online at Artweddings.co.uk.
- Discover Log Cabin Holidays and pet-friendly lodges in Scotland and throughout the UK.
- Wedding photography in Edinburgh the Lothians and beyond by Carolyn Henry Photography.
- Choose from a huge range of Sykes Scottish Cottages.
- For cheap one night getaways or romantic lodges, try Hot Tub Hideaways in Scotland for a touch of luxury.
- Hebridean Princess Small ship luxury cruises throughout the Highlands and Islands.